Adjusted disabled area's for mounts and gilders

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > @"Urud.4925" said:

> > > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > > @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > > > I think the limitation is the wrong approach. The rewards should be limited, not the movement ability. Just ad an evironment effect in jumping puzzles that tracks the use of mount and glider skills. This way you reward to do the real jumping puzzle, but do not limit the use of movement mechanics (just the reward).

> > >

> > > Yeah I don't even care about the chest. Oooh, 4 piles of Dragonite and some masterwork armor!

> > >

> > > If I'm trying to get to the end of a JP it's because it's a daily. Why is it even important how I get there? If we can't use our magic bunny™ we're just going to jump in a Mesmer portal anyway.

> > Because... JPs have an achievement for completing them, that's why it's important that you finish them on foot, like in the HoT era (if you want the achievement). If the problem is the daily, ask for an easier daily, not to nerf the JP.

> > There are people who still like to complete a JP "the hard/intended way". I understand that if you don't PvP, the PvE dailies are longer to complete. But the problem are the PvE dailies, not the JPs.

>

> Yes. So if they want us to do it without mounts, make an tracable effect that you loose when you mount or glide. That way people only get rewards and achievements when they do it the way the designer wants us to do it. But it should not limit people just going through. The way it is now. When I'm doing a trek and got the one in briarthorn, I have to walk half the way and loose time on doing the trek. This has nothing to with the jumping puzzle, so why is it fair I got limited.

Good idea with one caveat: the glider can be accidentally deployed when jumping. They need a preference to turn it off (or at least the ability to assign it and jump to different keys).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > > @"Urud.4925" said:

> > > > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > > > @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > > > > I think the limitation is the wrong approach. The rewards should be limited, not the movement ability. Just ad an evironment effect in jumping puzzles that tracks the use of mount and glider skills. This way you reward to do the real jumping puzzle, but do not limit the use of movement mechanics (just the reward).

> > > >

> > > > Yeah I don't even care about the chest. Oooh, 4 piles of Dragonite and some masterwork armor!

> > > >

> > > > If I'm trying to get to the end of a JP it's because it's a daily. Why is it even important how I get there? If we can't use our magic bunny™ we're just going to jump in a Mesmer portal anyway.

> > > Because... JPs have an achievement for completing them, that's why it's important that you finish them on foot, like in the HoT era (if you want the achievement). If the problem is the daily, ask for an easier daily, not to nerf the JP.

> > > There are people who still like to complete a JP "the hard/intended way". I understand that if you don't PvP, the PvE dailies are longer to complete. But the problem are the PvE dailies, not the JPs.

> >

> > Yes. So if they want us to do it without mounts, make an tracable effect that you loose when you mount or glide. That way people only get rewards and achievements when they do it the way the designer wants us to do it. But it should not limit people just going through. The way it is now. When I'm doing a trek and got the one in briarthorn, I have to walk half the way and loose time on doing the trek. This has nothing to with the jumping puzzle, so why is it fair I got limited.

>

> Good idea with one caveat: the glider can be accidentally deployed when jumping. They need a preference to turn it off (or at least the ability to assign it and jump to different keys).

>

I don't know if it must be a part of it. Being able to assign it to a different key would be a QoL, but to be honest, it is not really hard to learn the difference between open glider jump and normal long jump.

> I don't know if it must be a part of it. Being able to assign it to a different key would be a QoL, but to be honest, it is not really hard to learn the difference between open glider jump and normal long jump.

For me its like patting your head and rubbing your belly in a circular motion at the same time, my mind says it's like every other jump but my finger makes me glide right over the landing spot. I get there in the end but since getting the glider, jumping puzzle got a lot easier and a lot harder

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > > > @"Urud.4925" said:

> > > > > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > > > > @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > > > > > I think the limitation is the wrong approach. The rewards should be limited, not the movement ability. Just ad an evironment effect in jumping puzzles that tracks the use of mount and glider skills. This way you reward to do the real jumping puzzle, but do not limit the use of movement mechanics (just the reward).

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah I don't even care about the chest. Oooh, 4 piles of Dragonite and some masterwork armor!

> > > > >

> > > > > If I'm trying to get to the end of a JP it's because it's a daily. Why is it even important how I get there? If we can't use our magic bunny™ we're just going to jump in a Mesmer portal anyway.

> > > > Because... JPs have an achievement for completing them, that's why it's important that you finish them on foot, like in the HoT era (if you want the achievement). If the problem is the daily, ask for an easier daily, not to nerf the JP.

> > > > There are people who still like to complete a JP "the hard/intended way". I understand that if you don't PvP, the PvE dailies are longer to complete. But the problem are the PvE dailies, not the JPs.

> > >

> > > Yes. So if they want us to do it without mounts, make an tracable effect that you loose when you mount or glide. That way people only get rewards and achievements when they do it the way the designer wants us to do it. But it should not limit people just going through. The way it is now. When I'm doing a trek and got the one in briarthorn, I have to walk half the way and loose time on doing the trek. This has nothing to with the jumping puzzle, so why is it fair I got limited.

> >

> > Good idea with one caveat: the glider can be accidentally deployed when jumping. They need a preference to turn it off (or at least the ability to assign it and jump to different keys).

> >

>

> I don't know if it must be a part of it. Being able to assign it to a different key would be a QoL, but to be honest, it is not really hard to learn the difference between open glider jump and normal long jump.

Not the "git gud" rant again .....

The difference between a jump and a glider deploy gets MUCH harder as your ping goes up. While it may seem easy if you are not far from the servers it is not exactly trivial if you do have large pings.

It does not affect me as much with what was being discussed as I rarely do JPs. I was only pointing out if deploying a glider made it so you would not get credit for the JP you were doing there should be some mechanism to not accidentally deploy your glider.

Pardon me for actually thinking of other people.