Superior Sigil of Venom/Agony? Rune of the Krait?

These two sigils give +20% poison duration and +20% bleeding duration, respectively.

I just noticed that both of them are very cheap on the TP. (Venom is 2.59 silver and Agony 37.3 silver.)

On the other hand, Malice (+10% condi duration) is about 5 gold, and Bursting (+6% condi damage) about 6 gold.

Why is there such a massive price difference? For a build that mainly inflicts poison and bleeding (say d/d condi Daredevil), a pair of Malice sigils don't seem that much better than Venom+Agony. And is +6% condi damage that amazing, when the alternative is +20% more damage over a longer time?

Edit: I could ask the exact same question about Superior Rune of the Krait, which seems to be the second cheapest Superior rune on the TP right now, despite giving +175 condi damage (highest possible) and +45% bleeding duration. Is bleeding duration that useless? In contrast, the Superior Rune of Tormenting which gives +175 condi damage and +45% torment duration is the most expensive on the TP.

If i had to guess, either the longer duration (20% vs 10%) isn't needed because it is already near or at the cap 100% and would be over the cap with 20% ones in which case Malice + Bursting would make more sense, or its simply due to the fact that all those Runes and Sigills (Sigil of Malice,Sigil of Bursting,Rune of Tormenting) need to be crafted (and need a recipe to unlock) whereas Sigil of Agony Sigil of Venom, Rune of Krait etc. which can be salvaged from dropped gear.

Supply and Demand. Malice and Bursting are not as readily available as possible sigils in drops as Agony and Venom are, so Supply is lower. Demand is also not high for the other two, because most condi classes apply more than one type, so having your sigil slot only giving bonuses to one type of condition isn't very optimal.

As a note: Sigils cannot stack with themselves. You cannot take two Malice sigils in the same weapon set. It's normally something like Malice/Geomancy, so you'd have to give up the Geomancy as well. Most classes are able to cap on condi duration with only the 10% too, because Condi Duration cannot exceed 100% bonus.

I'm going to try and answer unless someone else chimes in. The price difference is mostly relative to sPvP and WvW.

NPC's don't move all that much unless you kite them. They also don't cleanse conditions, so duration isn't much of a factor in PvP because it almost gets cleansed immediately and then reapplied. Vicious circle there.

PvP players will go for higher condition damage and burst. Usually run Superior Sigil of Corruption and Bursting together.

Poison is more effective than Bleeding due to it, iirc, 33% less healing effectiveness.

Torment had some nerfs to it lately. Not sure where it stands now effectively.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> I'm going to try and answer unless someone else chimes in. The price difference is mostly relative to sPvP and WvW.

>

> NPC's don't move all that much unless you kite them. They also don't cleanse conditions, so duration isn't much of a factor in PvP because it almost gets cleansed immediately and then reapplied. Vicious circle there.

>

> PvP players will go for higher condition damage and burst. Usually run Superior Sigil of Corruption and Bursting together.

>

> Poison is more effective than Bleeding due to it, iirc, 33% less healing effectiveness.

>

> Torment had some nerfs to it lately. Not sure where it stands now effectively.

sPvP is completely irrelevant since it uses a separate system that doesn't interact with this at all. Rune ans Sigils in sPvP are either already available or requires a one time unlock that has nothing to do with the TP.

The last change to Torment was a PvE only change and it is more of a buff, increased base damage while lowered moving damage. I think you are mixing it up with Confusion. Some things that apply torment might have had their base duration reduced but that would be a nerf to the classes involved not a nerf to Torment.

Thanks for the responses. Given that I'm a somewhat casual player and only have exotic gear, and my build's condi revolves almost entirely around poison and bleeding, I guess the cheap sigils and krait rune will serve me just fine.

>You cannot take two Malice sigils in the same weapon set. It's normally something like Malice/Geomancy, so you'd have to give up the Geomancy as well.

That means losing out on 10% duration though, as the poison and bleeding specific ones give 20%. Assuming you haven't hit the cap, of course. Given that I'm on exotic gear (Carrion stats, no Expertise i.e. no +duration%), I'm far from the 100% cap. Rune of the Krait will give another 45% for bleeding, leaving me at 65% total, and I think that's the most +duration% I'll have. Poison will be simply at +20%. (There's some specialization trait bonuses, but I've read that those apply to the base duration and don't count towards the +duration% limit.)

> @"Taylan.2187" said:

> Thanks for the responses. Given that I'm a somewhat casual player and only have exotic gear, and my build's condi revolves almost entirely around poison and bleeding, I guess the cheap sigils and krait rune will serve me just fine.

>

> >You cannot take two Malice sigils in the same weapon set. It's normally something like Malice/Geomancy, so you'd have to give up the Geomancy as well.

>

> That means losing out on 10% duration though, as the poison and bleeding specific ones give 20%. Assuming you haven't hit the cap, of course. Given that I'm on exotic gear (Carrion stats, no Expertise i.e. no +duration%), I'm far from the 100% cap. Rune of the Krait will give another 45% for bleeding, leaving me at 65% total, and I think that's the most +duration% I'll have. Poison will be simply at +20%. (There's some specialization trait bonuses, but I've read that those apply to the base duration and don't count towards the +duration% limit.)

Is your class core or do you have the HoT xpac? Have you looked at Viper stats?

Edit: I see in the op you mentioned Daredevil so you have HoT?

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Taylan.2187" said:

> > Thanks for the responses. Given that I'm a somewhat casual player and only have exotic gear, and my build's condi revolves almost entirely around poison and bleeding, I guess the cheap sigils and krait rune will serve me just fine.

> >

> > >You cannot take two Malice sigils in the same weapon set. It's normally something like Malice/Geomancy, so you'd have to give up the Geomancy as well.

> >

> > That means losing out on 10% duration though, as the poison and bleeding specific ones give 20%. Assuming you haven't hit the cap, of course. Given that I'm on exotic gear (Carrion stats, no Expertise i.e. no +duration%), I'm far from the 100% cap. Rune of the Krait will give another 45% for bleeding, leaving me at 65% total, and I think that's the most +duration% I'll have. Poison will be simply at +20%. (There's some specialization trait bonuses, but I've read that those apply to the base duration and don't count towards the +duration% limit.)

>

> Is your class core or do you have the HoT xpac? Have you looked at Viper stats?

>

> Edit: I see in the op you mentioned Daredevil so you have HoT?

I have both xpacs and my build is a d/d condi Daredevil. Viper seems to be ascended-only, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Apparently there are some exotics with Viper as a possible selection, but as story rewards and not on the TP. Besides, Viper doesn't seem to give Vitality so I think I'd be too squishy.