Horde mode in gw2?

Yeah, that sounds cool. Each round should last under 5 mins though.

In addition, though, there should be things collected by defeating the enemys and bosses that are trying to break down your defenses to get to you (e.g. you get repair parts) and those items will be used to make defenses around you to slow the hordes while you and your team take on whatever is already in front of you. And the items can help make cannons and useful team items for the next round, for buffs and other helpful stuff.

You're just gonna get bored otherwise if there's nothing to help improvise and improve the flow of the rounds/modes.

Not adding these little extras will make it dull. It'll just end up with harder enemies in bigger forces until you get wiped.

So that's why adding extra stuff with it would work better.

It shouldn't be a story like the dungeons. It should be the size of a pvp map, and you have a small timer that will allow you to set up defense and gather things, until the round starts.

Lastly.

The stakes should be final. If YOU die , that's it, you're out until end of the round where your friends will then be able

to revive you.

Sounds a bit like some of the pre existing guild missions (the flame legion defense one especially). I'm too tired rn to do anything with that information, but it sounds to me like altering current guild mission challenges (as in the guild mission types that are called challenge) would give you what you want.

I think it should be 5 people max, don’t really like the 10 man idea raids went with.

I like the defence idea too, use some of the WvW assets to help defend, and scout out to get supplies during and between round.

I’m thinking that mob levels should be kill count based, so like every 10 normal mobs give you a vet, 5 vets get you a elite, so many elite gets you a champ, and so many champs gets you a legendary.

I brought up something like this a while ago during living story season 3.

The idea being; doing a horde mode involving the simulation room (the room used during Taimi's game) as a training ground for fighting up against all different kinds of monsters around Tyria. Could say that Taimi had been working on it as a side project along with Moto. Taimi even expresses that she could run any simulation she could dream up of but that she needed Moto's help to debug it.

Tami also says that another person before the commander had also gone through the simulation room and gotten a really high score. "Cami," was her name. An excuse to add in a lore friendly leaderboard system for the horde mode.

And besides, GW1 had horde modes with leaderboard support. I don't see a huge reason why GW2 can't have that either.

We have something like this on one of the game servers I run. It's called invasion, each wave gets progressively harder with more and harder enemies until it reaches a level where the enemies each shoot tactical nuclear weapons. You are hit, you die. They way it is setup is you die you stay dead until the end of that wave. If at least 1 person can survive till the end of the wave everyone is resurrected for the beginning of the next wave. If everyone dies it's game over.

> @"ShiningSquirrel.3751" said:

> We have something like this on one of the game servers I run. It's called invasion, each wave gets progressively harder with more and harder enemies until it reaches a level where the enemies each shoot tactical nuclear weapons. You are hit, you die. They way it is setup is you die you stay dead until the end of that wave. If at least 1 person can survive till the end of the wave everyone is resurrected for the beginning of the next wave. If everyone dies it's game over.

That sounds like a lot of fun.