About April Fools' Day in GW2...

I think the fake patch notes are not something bad, but I really miss the jokes like bubble heads or pretending to be pilots.

I wish it would be like the jokos would spawn instead of some boss events, like for example instead of Svanir or Karka Queen.

Or actually profanity would work for Praise and Joko. :D

Anyway keep up a good work, and remember: we care.

Im not sure if you're aware, but you can blame the posters in the old forums who accused Anet of being tasteless when they released the aviation themed April Fools, saying saying that Anet was being insensitive because a airliner crashed (intentionally?) just a few days before on the other side of the planet, despite the code being completed and loaded into the game already.

These same complainers made Anet issue a public apology, and Anet hasn't done a in-game April Fools joke since.

"Greatest Community" indeed.

I agree, I wish some of the patch notes became a reality.

Yep. A [38 page thread](https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-April-fools-2015-merged) that started out speculating what the prank would be and ended up flaming ANet for insensitivity for not canceling their aviator April fools because a plane wrecked a week before on the other side of the world. And that was just on the English forum. There were other threads on the other language forums.

I agree that the reaction was over the top and that people should have understood that the code was already programmed, but please remember that the crash wasn't the 'other side of the world', if it is the one i think it was it was a German pilot that crashed in the Alps. This isn't a US forum, it does include a lot of European players as well, (myself included), the April's Fool wasn't limited to the US servers but was also on the European ones, and so for some it was a little close to home.

> @"Oenanthe.6549" said:

> I agree that the reaction was over the top and that people should have understood that the code was already programmed, but please remember that the crash wasn't the 'other side of the world', if it is the one i think it was it was a German pilot that crashed in the Alps. This isn't a US forum, it does include a lot of European players as well, (myself included), the April's Fool wasn't limited to the US servers but was also on the European ones, and so for some it was a little close to home.

Well since the aviator pose was a bug from beta it pre-dated the crash by several years. If you really want to try hard enough you could make any of the April 1st "jokes" offensive. For example, when they swapped the sexes of our characters someone could have claimed it was offensive to trans-gender people, the big head displays could be offensive to players with certain cranial deformities, etc.

> @"Oenanthe.6549" said:

> I agree that the reaction was over the top and that people should have understood that the code was already programmed, but please remember that the crash wasn't the 'other side of the world', if it is the one i think it was it was a German pilot that crashed in the Alps. This isn't a US forum, it does include a lot of European players as well, (myself included), the April's Fool wasn't limited to the US servers but was also on the European ones, and so for some it was a little close to home.

By "other side of the world", it's usually understood that the Anet offices near Seattle, Washington, USA is used at the point of reference.

> @"Oenanthe.6549" said:

Yes the Alps are on the other side of the world from where ANet is located and the crash was about a week before. Which means that it didn’t get more than a mention in the US newspapers and the people who set up the aviation April fools may have seen a newspaper article on some back page but didn’t realize it was that important not did they have any reason to ask.

With how things are nowadays, especially in the US, it’s generally better for companies to not participate in April Fools. There will always be those that get offended by everything and can’t take a joke who will then be very vocal about their dissatisfaction. That’s just how society has unfortunately devolved to.

I only checked out the game when aviator one was released and after 5 mins I quitted the game, because that was too much for my little brain. XDDDD

But seriously, I liked the jokes, and I hope it won't be only some patch notes, but some very interesting and funny things like as I said profanity for Praise and Joko. Small things matter, not huge ones. :)

The Aviator April Fools gag happened shortly after I first started playing... I thought it was hilarious, and it was one of the many reasons I first fell in love with this game.

A sense of humor, and an appreciation of the ridiculous can go a long way. :)

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> Im not sure if you're aware, but you can blame the posters in the old forums who accused Anet of being tasteless when they released the aviation themed April Fools, saying saying that Anet was being insensitive because a airliner crashed (intentionally?) just a few days before on the other side of the planet, despite the code being completed and loaded into the game already.

>

> These same complainers made Anet issue a public apology, and Anet hasn't done a in-game April Fools joke since.

>

> "Greatest Community" indeed.

>

> I agree, I wish some of the patch notes became a reality.

No I hated the Plane thing because it was annoying and the colors were ruined. Planes crash all the time.

But didnt we get the best april fools joke this year? Sitting. On. Motherskirtting. Chairs.

2013: SAB first time

2014: bobbleheads

2015: airplane mode

2016: SAB returns!

2017: SAB returns!...again! YAAAAAAY!!!

2018: Sab returns! And new ability: Sitting on chairs.