Little things that annoy you

I could list like a 100 things that dont make much sense but community generally talks about one issue at a time on the main page.

The bags thing is a huge annoyance. Why is there a bag for laurels and Mystic Coins? Why are there chests within other chests?

The inventory system is probably the worst of any game released in the last decade.

Everyone seems to have accepted not being able to see most of their cooldowns at the same time. Its actually a problem unless you are playing simple classes like warrior or thief. Anet would argue clutter, but there are ways around that problem.

I dont know why there is a weapon swap cooldown. The weapon skills already have cooldowns (unless thief), the weapon swap sigils already have cooldowns, so why is there a cooldown on swapping weapons?

I wish it was Larian or Obsidian studios that developed this game tbh. The combat hype which is really the only reason why i still bother with this game has been reduced to dodging AI and throbbing red circles

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kako.1930" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > Since this is in the PvP section.

> > > People with 0 map awareness or, more specifically - players who **double cap**. E.g. you go to cap a node, there are no enemies nearby, and a few seconds later there's someone from your team following you and just standing there staring at you. Why?

> >

> >

> > > ##Capping speed is not affected by quantity of players on a free node!

> >

> > **psst..

> > Arenanet devs.

> > You really wanna blow the meta up?

> > This should be a thing.**

>

> I think it actually used to be a thing back when glory was a currency and hotjoin was a big deal if I remember correctly. I'm not entirely sure, but it seems familiar.

Yeah. It wasn't actually helpful, but people still did it because you were rewarded points for capping nodes. It was terrible.

> @"Kako.1930" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > Since this is in the PvP section.

> > > People with 0 map awareness or, more specifically - players who **double cap**. E.g. you go to cap a node, there are no enemies nearby, and a few seconds later there's someone from your team following you and just standing there staring at you. Why?

> >

> >

> > > ##Capping speed is not affected by quantity of players on a free node!

> >

> > **psst..

> > Arenanet devs.

> > You really wanna blow the meta up?

> > This should be a thing.**

>

> I think it actually used to be a thing back when glory was a currency and hotjoin was a big deal if I remember correctly. I'm not entirely sure, but it seems familiar.

i think one of the devs actually said recently in one of the AMAs that capping speed is actually affected if all 5 players are on it, but why would anyone ever to do that

> @"Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217" said:

> > @"Kako.1930" said:

> > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > > Since this is in the PvP section.

> > > > People with 0 map awareness or, more specifically - players who **double cap**. E.g. you go to cap a node, there are no enemies nearby, and a few seconds later there's someone from your team following you and just standing there staring at you. Why?

> > >

> > >

> > > > ##Capping speed is not affected by quantity of players on a free node!

> > >

> > > **psst..

> > > Arenanet devs.

> > > You really wanna blow the meta up?

> > > This should be a thing.**

> >

> > I think it actually used to be a thing back when glory was a currency and hotjoin was a big deal if I remember correctly. I'm not entirely sure, but it seems familiar.

>

> i think one of the devs actually said recently in one of the AMAs that capping speed is actually affected if all 5 players are on it, but why would anyone ever to do that

I would genuinely like to know if this has changed. If you're able to quote - please post link.

My current source is just the wiki, which _could_ be out of date or inaccurate.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Conquest

_Conquest

Mechanics

Scoring_

1 point is gained every 2 seconds per location captured

5 points are awarded for each player kill

_Capture points_

Each conquest map has 3 capture points. Players must stay within the points' area to claim it for their team. If an enemy player is also in the area, no progress will be made for either team. One player from either team is enough to capture or prevent capture of the point; **the number of players does not affect the capture speed**.

> @"bLind.6278" said:

> Anet's complete disregard for PvP in this game.

Well, on the other hand you could have them care about PvP and break it so hard they need to make GW3. Story of GW1, basically - they ruined the game so much that they had to make a new game to start fresh.

> @"Cuddy.6247" said:

> > @"bLind.6278" said:

> > Anet's complete disregard for PvP in this game.

>

> Well, on the other hand you could have them care about PvP and break it so hard they need to make GW3. Story of GW1, basically - they ruined the game so much that they had to make a new game to start fresh.

Keep in mind:

1. There's no guarantee they'd get it right

2. There's no guarantee the playerbase would follow

3. Breaking pvp doesn't make arenanet devs do anything but laugh at us and nerf Potato/ snipeban anyone who cheated for gizmos

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"Cuddy.6247" said:

> > > @"bLind.6278" said:

> > > Anet's complete disregard for PvP in this game.

> >

> > Well, on the other hand you could have them care about PvP and break it so hard they need to make GW3. Story of GW1, basically - they ruined the game so much that they had to make a new game to start fresh.

>

> Keep in mind:

>

> 1. There's no guarantee they'd get it right

> 2. There's no guarantee the playerbase would follow

> 3. Breaking pvp doesn't make arenanet devs do anything but laugh at us and nerf Potato/ snipeban anyone who cheated for gizmos

I was pointing out that ANet tried to make GW1's PvP pretty innovative but as they invested time into the game they broke it really badly. Probably one of the major factors for GW2's development was how broken GW1's balance got. This more mitts-off approach isn't ideal but I haven't seen quite the same problems happen that put GW1 on its knees. Although the long queue times are reminiscent of the days when FA/JQ were completely one-sided and the real struggle was finding an opposing team since everyone and their mother played Kurzick.

• 1 month later...

When I am in a 1v1 in the FFA arena and I almost down the guy, then someone steals the glory, or interrupts our fight while we are both at low health, killing one or both of us. I get it, it's a free-for-all, but really? Just common courtesy. You'll get your turn.

Or bloodthirsty players who have no chill and constantly pick fights with everyone. They pop in to show off their no-brain spammable build, then gets all salty when someone kills them, and then proceeds to blow up map-chat. Just an overall horrible experience for everyone in the arena. >.<

The fact that decap speed and cap speed are diffrerent. Cap speed IMHO is too slow and allows way too much time for the enemy team to react.

The sheer amount of CC in PvP right now that has no real counterplay unless every skill on your bar stun breaks. To that end the fact that there is no DR on consecutive stuns or that using a skill to break stun does not give you a 2s immunity to it. See way to many people get CCd and just sitting there till they die because they literally cannot do anything.

> @"Thiago.5946" said:

> matches i know i will lose couse...

> enemy team:

> 2 scourges 1 firebrand mesmer and a thief

> my team : 4 short range dmg dealers and me ''reaper''(couse i think mm believe all necros is scourge )

I can't tell if your comment about the matchmaker is serious or not, but ... it doesn't care about class or spec in the slightest, because players voted to retain class swapping in the initial period of the match. So, regardless of what classes it put in, people could swap to anything, making any effort to do class balance pointless.

Coincidentally, I voted against retaining that. Guess why?

Last night my queue popped for a ranked match and the map was skyhammer. I loaded in and, as I always do, checked the team rosters. My team was blue with me (engineer), a necro, a mesmer, a guardian, and a thief... Not bad. The other team was red with a ranger, a necro, an engineer, a guardian, and thief.

Time went by and not everyone said they were ready so I checked the roster again and noticed two red players were DC.

Guess the kitten what! The red team now had three necros a guardian and the engineer.

So I had to buy a new keyboard today because rage.

Holo mains telling me to "just Dodge the CC"

Holo mains telling me their damage is justified because it's a glass cannon spec.

Blood scourges.

French people refusing to speak English. (Possibly tied to blood scourges)

People repping win-traded titles.

Edit: longbow rangers on Colosseum.

Dust might tornadoes.

Legendary Sand Giant fight. *HUGE AOE SMASH. Dead. YELL. Feared, three rocks thrown, dead. Run back, smash, dead. * This thing has entirely too much CC and one shots. I've never had to run back to a fight from a WP more in any other encounter in this game.

Sending someone a tell and being totally ignored because they're on DIscord totally ignoring any messages in their chat window.

> @"malisivo.5264" said:

> When I am in a 1v1 in the FFA arena and I almost down the guy, then someone steals the glory, or interrupts our fight while we are both at low health, killing one or both of us.

> Or bloodthirsty players who have no chill and constantly pick fights with everyone.

It's FFA - literally, anything goes.

I can see why this might be annoying but in reality it's probably better to adjust your expectations.

> @"Frostmane.9734" said:

> Last night my queue popped for a ranked match and the map was skyhammer. I loaded in and, as I always do, checked the team rosters. My team was blue with me (engineer), a necro, a mesmer, a guardian, and a thief... Not bad. The other team was red with a ranger, a necro, an engineer, a guardian, and thief.

>

> Time went by and not everyone said they were ready so I checked the roster again and noticed two red players were DC.

> Guess the kitten what! The red team now had three necros a guardian and the engineer.

> So I had to buy a new keyboard today because rage.

The playerbase voted to keep class swapping during the lobby portion of PvP matches. So, if you are not willing to participate in that miserable game of chicken, trying to time it so you swap at the very last minute to whatever the other team composition is, you should expect to suffer for it.

IMO, it was a terrible idea, but hey, that is what the players wanted, so that is what they players got.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Frostmane.9734" said:

> > Last night my queue popped for a ranked match and the map was skyhammer. I loaded in and, as I always do, checked the team rosters. My team was blue with me (engineer), a necro, a mesmer, a guardian, and a thief... Not bad. The other team was red with a ranger, a necro, an engineer, a guardian, and thief.

> >

> > Time went by and not everyone said they were ready so I checked the roster again and noticed two red players were DC.

> > Guess the kitten what! The red team now had three necros a guardian and the engineer.

> > So I had to buy a new keyboard today because rage.

>

> The playerbase voted to keep class swapping during the lobby portion of PvP matches. So, if you are not willing to participate in that miserable game of chicken, trying to time it so you swap at the very last minute to whatever the other team composition is, you should expect to suffer for it.

>

> IMO, it was a terrible idea, but hey, that is what the players wanted, so that is what they players got.

You know, I'd actually be okay with it if that's how it was used... To match team compositions. But players use it because they can't get into a game on their overplayed professions. For some people that's because of the influx in bandwagoners to the current easiest spec to play, so i don't even blame the players, I know they just want to play, but I can blame the system for allowing it.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Frostmane.9734" said:

> > Last night my queue popped for a ranked match and the map was skyhammer. I loaded in and, as I always do, checked the team rosters. My team was blue with me (engineer), a necro, a mesmer, a guardian, and a thief... Not bad. The other team was red with a ranger, a necro, an engineer, a guardian, and thief.

> >

> > Time went by and not everyone said they were ready so I checked the roster again and noticed two red players were DC.

> > Guess the kitten what! The red team now had three necros a guardian and the engineer.

> > So I had to buy a new keyboard today because rage.

>

> The playerbase voted to keep class swapping during the lobby portion of PvP matches. So, if you are not willing to participate in that miserable game of chicken, trying to time it so you swap at the very last minute to whatever the other team composition is, you should expect to suffer for it.

>

> IMO, it was a terrible idea, but hey, that is what the players wanted, so that is what they players got.

Developing a game based on voting is the absolute worst decision ever. It's borderline obscene.

It sounds so cool and democratic. But players, on the large, often times have no idea what they want or how to fix things. And they are notorious for only wanting what benefits them personally and not 1) the game or 2) the majority of players. (many of the same arguments could be said of democratic governments lulz)

But game design by popular vote is ABSURD and Anet should stop hiding behind "welp, the players voted for it" and start taking responsibility for their own game!

I am reminded by a Neil Gaiman quote (talking about writing, but it still applies):

“Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.”