Please make hair unisex.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, to be completely frank:

If you'd go into a barber shop, you could get any haircut in the world.

It's only in North Korea (and with the Taliban) that there are fixed/allowed haircuts – otherwise you'd get shot... or the barber.

Well, _GW_ is set in some medieval-something, so we could argue that these folks stick to the allowed haircuts set up by Queen Jennah and Lord Faren! ^^

And of course, there is some serious racial slur going on within some groups, so that if a Human got a Charr-haircut it might stir up some blood.

Likewise a Charr could get some hard time in the black citadel, if they'd walk around with some pony Human-hairstyles.

_And bit off-topic:_

Unisex haircuts are a great idea, but what I would really like to see is some ageing/weathered/war torn faces.

Some of my chars have been through a lot and even died multiple times, so it's kinda awkward that they still look like _'my super sweet 16th'_! =)

> @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> I don't draw any line. If it would look good on me, I'd probably wear it. I just have that crazy belief that everybody should wear what they want to wear and what makes them the most happy.

That's right! Pre-defined hair-styles are not enough to satisfy what everybody wants to wear. We should be able to get a blob, from which we could model any hairstyle we want.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Matick.4132" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > >

> > > about a week ago a saw a video about some kind of premium option in the chinese version, eventually it showed a long tail for females with several bounds along the way.

> >

> > Interesting, indeed.

> > So because there are so many regional servers, we don’t get to see them eventually?

> >

> > So if: are there any other region-specific styles and why is it there in the first place, in a game distributed for world-wide interactions and coop?

>

> The chinese version of the game is a completely separate matter. Its operated by a different company and uses a different business model.

Their business model has nothing to do with hair styles nor their asain-looking faces, the game is just customized for the asian market.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I rarely if ever see long hair on men nowadays and I’ve never seen a man bun in my conservative part of the world. It’s more common in the big cities I’m sure, but the big cities aren’t everyone,

I'm not sure that you don't know just how lucky you are. ;)

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Matick.4132" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > >

> > > > about a week ago a saw a video about some kind of premium option in the chinese version, eventually it showed a long tail for females with several bounds along the way.

> > >

> > > Interesting, indeed.

> > > So because there are so many regional servers, we don’t get to see them eventually?

> > >

> > > So if: are there any other region-specific styles and why is it there in the first place, in a game distributed for world-wide interactions and coop?

> >

> > The chinese version of the game is a completely separate matter. Its operated by a different company and uses a different business model.

>

> Their business model has nothing to do with hair styles nor their asain-looking faces, the game is just customized for the asian market.

Of course.

I was just explaining that GW2 in China is, in many ways, run as a different game.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

>

> > I rarely if ever see long hair on men nowadays and I’ve never seen a man bun in my conservative part of the world. It’s more common in the big cities I’m sure, but the big cities aren’t everyone,

> I'm not sure that you don't know just how lucky you are. ;)

>

>

HAH!