ascended craft recipe

If your doing ascended vipers/yassith. I believe you can buy a lot of the recipes on the tp.

As for fulgurites.... you can do it the lazy way. And make ascended berserkers or whatever, then switch the stats when fully done by crafting the viper inscriptions and viper insignias, and putting it in the mystic toilet.

> @"weaponwh.9810" said:

> any other way to get ascended craft recipe without spend Laurel or craft the Fulgurite stuff? i'm short on both.

The best option is to have at least one recipe for each type of gear and always make that, then transform the stats in the mystic forge using the stat-appropriate exotic inscription or insignia. The price is slightly higher in some cases, often the same, and occasionally lower than crafting the recipe directly. In all cases, though, you bypass the need for Fulgurite and don't have to buy more recipes, if you're short on Laurels.

If you don't know any recipe for the piece of gear you need, some are available on the TP (although usually not the ones that are cheapest to craft).

The cheapest recipes to use as your initial choice have these stats:

* Magi (Hronk)

* Shaman (Zintl)

* Soldier (Chorben)

* Dire (Mathilde)

* Rabid (Grizzlemouth)

Why those stats? Because the insignia/inscriptions are a lot cheaper, since they drop from salvaging relevant exotics. (Also good are Cavalier (Angchu) & Settler (Leftpaw), for similar reasons.)

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> If your doing ascended vipers/yassith. I believe you can buy a lot of the recipes on the tp.

>

> As for fulgurites.... you can do it the lazy way. And make ascended berserkers or whatever, then switch the stats when fully done by crafting the viper inscriptions and viper insignias, and putting it in the mystic toilet.

that was my plan, buy the Core recipe require laurel to purchase, which i'm short off. while I can get vipers ascended recipe too, but the Fulgurite requirement for ALL stuff I need to make meaning i can only get few ascended gear. I might have to mix match between HoT recipe and core recipe

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"weaponwh.9810" said:

> > any other way to get ascended craft recipe without spend Laurel or craft the Fulgurite stuff? i'm short on both.

>

> The best option is to have at least one recipe for each type of gear and always make that, then transform the stats in the mystic forge using the stat-appropriate exotic inscription or insignia. The price is slightly higher in some cases, often the same, and occasionally lower than crafting the recipe directly. In all cases, though, you bypass the need for Fulgurite and don't have to buy more recipes, if you're short on Laurels.

>

> If you don't know any recipe for the piece of gear you need, some are available on the TP (although usually not the ones that are cheapest to craft).

>

> ****

> The cheapest recipes to use as your initial choice have these stats:

> * Magi (Hronk)

> * Shaman (Zintl)

> * Soldier (Chorben)

> * Dire (Mathilde)

> * Rabid (Grizzlemouth)

>

> Why those stats? Because the insignia/inscriptions are a lot cheaper, since they drop from salvaging relevant exotics. (Also good are Cavalier (Angchu) & Settler (Leftpaw), for similar reasons.)

is there ascended recipe sold on TP or use karma to buy, that doesn't use Fulgurite ?

> @"weaponwh.9810" said:

> is there ascended recipe sold on TP or use karma to buy, that doesn't use Fulgurite ?

On the TP, yes. For karma, no; as far as I know, there aren't any recipes that are only available with karma.

* The cheapest-to-craft prefixes require laurels to buy the recipes (the five I listed above); these do not require Fulgurite to craft.

* There are recipes on the TP that do not use Fulgurite for crafting. The recipe sheets aren't always cheap and they are more expensive to craft. These include: Sinister (Verata), Zealot (Keeper, but horribly expensive recipes), Nomad (Ventari; very expensive recipes). Of these, Sinister is best: relatively cheap recipes, all the mats available on the TP, if you want.

* There are also PoF recipes: Zehtuka (Harrier), Marshal (Nadijeh), Grieving (The Twins). The recipes are 10-20g each and crafting requires various PoF mats.

If you have enough laurels to buy recipes, I'd recommend going with the Hronk (or similar alternatives) you need. Although that might be painful now, it's an investment tat will pay off in the long run if you have multiple toons to outfit. If you only think you'll have one character that uses ascended for a year or more, then go with whatever recipes you already know and can afford to make.

FYI there's also a wiki (user) guide about obtaining various pieces of ascended via achievements and collections:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/So_You_Want_To_Gear_a_Character

It's long, but feel free to skip around to the parts of interest to you. For example:

* [What about Ascended armor](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/So_You_Want_To_Gear_a_Character#But_what_about_ascended_armor.3F)?

* [Weapons](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/So_You_Want_To_Gear_a_Character#Weapons)

> @"weaponwh.9810" said:

> > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > If your doing ascended vipers/yassith. I believe you can buy a lot of the recipes on the tp.

> >

> > As for fulgurites.... you can do it the lazy way. And make ascended berserkers or whatever, then switch the stats when fully done by crafting the viper inscriptions and viper insignias, and putting it in the mystic toilet.

>

> that was my plan, buy the Core recipe require laurel to purchase, which i'm short off. while I can get vipers ascended recipe too, but the Fulgurite requirement for ALL stuff I need to make meaning i can only get few ascended gear. I might have to mix match between HoT recipe and core recipe

If your planning on doing straight yassith, hopefully you already have the yassith inscription, and insignia. But I don’t think those require laurels. You get it in the merchant in auric basin. The only thing that require laurels are the weapons and armor. But I got them on the tp and I didn’t waste laurels there

However there’s another way. Since you’re already crafting, Craft grandmaster leather worker marks. 3 of them, And get those fractal research pages from fractals. And you can get ascended armor of choice. Do that in between getting the fulgurite.

The only way to make them is by farming leyline sparks in tangled depths. Bad thing is you can’t buy leyline sparks, or fulgurites.

So if your not planning on switching stats, if you have another character you need for elites, hit the hp trains in hot. And once you get to tangled depths, keep farming the hps to get the tangled depths currency. (Forgot what the currency is called). Buy the acid chest keys from the nuhoch vendors and farm the chests. The good thing is once you get about 1000-1200 tangled depths currency, it should be enough. Because you will get back the currency from the chests. Once you get it, farm the map and eventually there are times in the day when the map is empty, so it will let you switch maps. And you can refarm the same map even when finishing the chests in the other. Repeat till you have Enough leyline sparks. I believe it’s for crafting all gear, I think it’s like 550, or could be more.

Once I got all the currency to get keys to open acid chests, it took me couple days. I could’ve took 1 shot but I got bored and didn’t care cause I hate the map anyways.

> is there ascended recipe sold on TP or use karma to buy, that doesn't use Fulgurite ?

Yes but the insignias, and inscriptions aren’t for the ones I’m going to say.

Berserker/zojja

Magi/hronk.

There’s much more but these I’m for sure that you can just craft it without worrying about farming something else on the side.

Berserkers is just using powerful blood and an the blank inscriptions. Or hardleather patch.

Magis. You can buy those insignias for 50 silver a piece. Then craft it into hronks.

Making hronks are cheaper then berserker though if your buying everything including the insignia.

All you have to do In the mean time is just get the ascended recipes for laurels. Depending on what class, you can get them in a month even if your at zero laurels, which is how much time it takes to make full ascended gear anyways.