Elite Elimination is impossible to solo, nearly impossible to full party

It takes more than 3 minutes to kill any ONE of the 3 elites when solo, never mind all 3 in that time. The achievement is IMPOSSIBLE without gathering a full party, and even then it's pretty hard since you lose almost a minute just getting to and going between the elites, even with mounts. The timing requirement on this should be removed or at least greatly increased.

It is possible, on my last try (core condi ranger, solo) i was only 3 seconds late. (that was after half a dozen failed tries)

The hardest part is finding the elites, (those should absolutely be made visible on the map) but i think they take the same route all the time.

if you start going northwest from the camp you can sneak past enemies and engage two groups at once with almost no adds apart from their own entourage.

Takes about 1:30 to kill them, 30s to get to the next group and 1 more minuteto kill it. If you are a few seconds late, the final group will be next to the cannon when you reach it, which means a crapton of adds and boons from the cannon

![](https://imgur.com/a/d5gOs.png "")

• 4 weeks later...

I know it is a month later, but I haven't found a guide for this, so I'll explain how to do this achievement. I accomplished this solo on my daredevil, so your experience may vary.

First, the elites spawn in two places. The first place is north-west of Makali Outpost, right next to the crater in the middle of the big green zone. Here, two of the three elite squads will spawn.

The first squad has the forged officer. He has some fast melee attacks, but his most dangerous attack is when he holds his sword high above his head, then begins dropping AoEs directly on your head. These attacks can be avoided by being really nimble, but it is hard to do so, and they do an unfair amount of damage. You'll want to interrupt the officer when he does this. Beginning this fight can be difficult, since he'll frequently be walking through the flames.

The second squad is just north-east of this first one. Literally within attack range, so be careful. This squad has the forge cannonade. The Cannonade has a breakbar, and because of this he can get some chip damage through, but his most dangerous attacks are slow and well telegraphed. There was not a single fight with him where he didn't get distracted by the NPC teammates.

The third squad is very far north-east of the center crater, on the lip of the indicated green zone. North of the eastern-most cannon. Warning: this squad can wander outside the engagement range of the story instance, so if you have a long range weapon to get their attention it will be quite helpful.

This last squad is the most dangerous, as it has the forged vanguard. The vanguard is the enemy that hovers around on top of their twin spiked chakras, shooting endless projectiles. Stun him if he does this. He has a channeled beam that does immense damage, so if you see it, just walk behind the vanguard. The vanguard will also root in place and throw its chakras in a circular orbit around himself, which can be avoided by standing by his side, inside of the charka's orbit. He is a surprisingly long and dangerous fight, so the Vanguard will more often than not make or break the achievement.

You can use the raptor mount to gather all of the adds together, but I would suggest the Jackal for two reasons. First, it can avoid attacks, and there are ambient forge everywhere. Second, its dismounting attack gives a substantial barrier, which is useful for eating up the alpha attack of the entire forged squad. I do not have any particular remarks on what class you use. Only that it does high damage, fast. Full berserker or viper gear is recommended. Though there is a lot of damage flying around here, it is best to spec for maximum damage and hope for a better run than to build defensively and remove your margin of error. As always, doing this with a friend is better than doing it alone.

I almost did it with a full berserker tempest (15 seconds late due to the metal gear forged dude HPs), but with a single friend we managed to get it done without effort.

I don't know what build you're running, but I suggest you to switch to something more offensive to complete this.

> @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> It takes more than 3 minutes to kill any ONE of the 3 elites when solo, never mind all 3 in that time. The achievement is IMPOSSIBLE without gathering a full party, and even then it's pretty hard since you lose almost a minute just getting to and going between the elites, even with mounts. The timing requirement on this should be removed or at least greatly increased.

Try Scourge.

I literally soloed it in time myself when I did the story with My Scourge toon.

Everything just melt.

I wouldn't say it's impossible, but the lack of markers on the map and the HP-tankyness of elites makes it really up to chance. A full team of five could do it if they fan out, call targets, and converge.

Proooobably more coordination than should be there for an instance achievement though.

> It takes more than 3 minutes to kill any ONE of the 3 elites when solo, never mind all 3 in that time. The achievement is IMPOSSIBLE without gathering a full party, and even then it's pretty hard since you lose almost a minute just getting to and going between the elites, even with mounts. The timing requirement on this should be removed or at least greatly increased.

The achievement is indeed impossible to solo with a non-DPS build, which I'm assuming you're using, seeing as it's taking you three minutes to kill a group. Achievements, like Challenge Modes, require players to adjust their gear, build, and/or playstyles if they want to attempt it alone.

> @Rauderi.8706 said:

> I wouldn't say it's impossible, but the lack of markers on the map and the HP-tankyness of elites makes it really up to chance. A full team of five could do it if they fan out, call targets, and converge.

> Proooobably more coordination than should be there for an instance achievement though.

but there is no need to converge. Just split into 3 groups. If that counts for a lot of coordination I am not sure what to say ...

Eh, on a pretty bad mirage build I can take down each elite and their posse within 45sec-1min, and I know some people are faster than I am. The biggest struggle for me was finding the 3 elites.

> @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > @Rauderi.8706 said:

> > I wouldn't say it's impossible, but the lack of markers on the map and the HP-tankyness of elites makes it really up to chance. A full team of five could do it if they fan out, call targets, and converge.

> > Proooobably more coordination than should be there for an instance achievement though.

>

> but there is no need to converge. Just split into 3 groups. If that counts for a lot of coordination I am not sure what to say ...

:-1: I didn't say a lot.

But it's more than a single player should be expected to do, especially when the game *deliberately denies conveyance* in a large area.

Again, the biggest challenge in that particular achievement is *finding* the elites. If there's a group going in, they fan out, find them, and any unassigned folks converge and attack. Not complicated, but if someone's talking about bringing in an entire 5-man to address it, maybe it's not an achievement that's well set up for a single player.

Impossible for you != Impossible

It's possible with DPS builds and waiting for the groups to walk closer to where you start the instance. If you wait for the first group to walk within view of the fort, the second group won't be that far from it leaving only the 3rd which you would need to find.