Crying for a better wardrobe system! 2 simples adds needed!

Hi there! I don't know exactly where to cry about 2 simple questions, i hope this is the rightt place! Why i still cannot mix a legendary weapon with a "simple skin" via wardrobe keepeing the footsteps active! C'mooon! AND! Why i still cannot mix outfits and normal equip??? C'mon!!!!! Add these 2 simple features! A lot of people is crying for that too!

Because they aren't simple features. When they implemented outfits it was specific that they couldn't mix 'n' match with armour for a variety of reasons. I would prob welcome a little bit more customisation - eg if you hide an outfits helm, it shows the armour helm not your face, but it is clear it isn't that easy for them to do, if even possible at all.

Footsetps are tied to the skin itself, so if you were to switch skin, the system only recognises the relevant features of the new skin. I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense for bits of a legendary to work no matter what you display. I suppose you could unlock footsteps as a separate feature like mounts, gliders, outfits, minis etc and thus equip what you wanted, but there's a lot of potential in clashing down that road

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Because they aren't simple features. When they implemented outfits it was specific that they couldn't mix 'n' match with armour for a variety of reasons. I would prob welcome a little bit more customisation - eg if you hide an outfits helm, it shows the armour helm not your face, but it is clear it isn't that easy for them to do, if even possible at all.

>

> Footsetps are tied to the skin itself, so if you were to switch skin, the system only recognises the relevant features of the new skin. I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense for bits of a legendary to work no matter what you display. I suppose you could unlock footsteps as a separate feature like mounts, gliders, outfits, minis etc and thus equip what you wanted, but there's a lot of potential in clashing down that road

Difficulty of something shouldn't really matter, especially on something that is being monetized/sold. Apparently the whole chairs thing took effort, and it's not something they directly sell. On the other hand, outfits and a lot of helmet skins are gem store items. I wouldn't expect having outfits being a different set of armor skins for mixing, but helmets should definitely be independent, and we should be given more than 4 dye panels.

The short story is as @"Randulf.7614" said: these aren't simple or cheap features.

> @"Coryzzz.5864" said:

> Why i still cannot mix a legendary weapon with a "simple skin" via wardrobe keepeing the footsteps active!

The game doesn't have a mechanic to separate auras or footfalls from the item that generates them. While it's possible to create such a system, it's neither simple nor cheap to do so.

> Why i still cannot mix outfits and normal equip???

The very reason the game has outfits is that they are much cheaper to produce than armor sets. The reason they cost less is that they don't mix and match: designers don't have to worry if an outfit is compatible with anything other than itself.

Breaking an outfit into "mix and match" is no different than asking for more armor skins.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> Difficulty of something shouldn't really matter, especially on something that is being monetized/sold.

How do you figure? The absolute difficulty of something always matters, as does the difficulty when compared to similar idea. There are only so many resources to go around, so not every worthwhile suggestion is going to get discussed thoroughly, let alone implemented.

> Apparently the whole chairs thing took effort, and it's not something they directly sell.

Creating the wardrobe also took effort, and they don't sell that either. "Effort" isn't the only factor in deciding whether something should get done.

> On the other hand, outfits and a lot of helmet skins are gem store items.

Just because something might be sold doesn't mean it can recoup the costs of any new mechanics it requires. And sometimes, a great idea might be relatively easy to implement, but cost more in future maintenance. For example, even if it were free for ANet to enable the dyeing of backpacks (and it's actually very expensive), doing so would increase the cost of designing every future backpack.

> helmets should definitely be independent,

Again, the reason outfits are cheaper is that they don't get mixed and matched. For some outfits, it would be easier to use different helmets (or gloves or shoulders), but then the outfits (and the helmets, gloves, and shoulders) would have to be designed with that in mind, not to mention the tech would have to be created. It's not cheap.

> and we should be given more than 4 dye panels.

I'd love to see more dye channels and more consistency in the use of the ones we do have. But that would (a) require new tech and (b) increase the costs of designs going forward.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Because they aren't simple features. When they implemented outfits it was specific that they couldn't mix 'n' match with armour for a variety of reasons. I would prob welcome a little bit more customisation - eg if you hide an outfits helm, it shows the armour helm not your face, but it is clear it isn't that easy for them to do, if even possible at all.

> >

> > Footsetps are tied to the skin itself, so if you were to switch skin, the system only recognises the relevant features of the new skin. I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense for bits of a legendary to work no matter what you display. I suppose you could unlock footsteps as a separate feature like mounts, gliders, outfits, minis etc and thus equip what you wanted, but there's a lot of potential in clashing down that road

>

> Difficulty of something shouldn't really matter, especially on something that is being monetized/sold. Apparently the whole chairs thing took effort, and it's not something they directly sell. On the other hand, outfits and a lot of helmet skins are gem store items. I wouldn't expect having outfits being a different set of armor skins for mixing, but helmets should definitely be independent, and we should be given more than 4 dye panels.

Difficulty is something that really should matter a lot. If it is very difficult it means it takes dev time and resources away from other things.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The game doesn't have a mechanic to separate auras or footfalls from the item that generates them. While it's possible to create such a system, it's neither simple nor cheap to do so.

Technically, that's how the Rime-Rimmed Rebreather works, but the catch is that the effects are associated with the actual piece of equipment itself and can't be duplicated short of getting another one.