Super Hype For, Like, 1 Day

The way SAB was hyped up this year and last, made me want to see what all the fuss was about. Well, I almost didn't see the Moto icon on the map because a Commander was overlapping his own over it. Well, then I also learned that it's preferred to do it in a group, which defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place: you'll just be following people around who know their way around the puzzles already! Or, you can go back to the pre-expansion days of having no challenging group content and doing everything solo. You just can't win. Something is clearly broken in this design.

When I mentioned these things in map chat, people were like, well, it (i.e., SAB) is better than PvP. (The new season just started, by the way.) I knew it. Butthurts. Anyway, so this is the community that the-festival-that-transcends-critique brings together. SAB: Another festival to get hyped for one day over!

> @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> Well, then I also learned that it's preferred to do it in a group,

Preferred by whom? Or are you inferring something from the fact that the game recommends a group of 5? I suck somewhat, but I managed to get through to King Toad by myself. (The Wiki article suggests that it should be possible to take down KT in solo mode.)

I also discovered that it's not really my thing, but that's neither here nor there.

SAB "recommends" that you do it in a group because SAB is based on the dungeon technology and that recommends that you do it as a group.

There is absolutely no need at all for you to do it as a group. It's not "challenging group content", it was never intended to be.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, you must have came in late to SAB. First of all, you got a mail that indicated pretty well where you should be heading. This year a lot of new players joined, that showed heavily in SAB, I played all maps, and I only think the one I did yesterday or day before was with people who already knew the road. But you are right, if you join in like a week after the festival is done, or even if we assume u were unlucky or I was lucky af, then the "broken" aspect of it, is that it is not new, which means you are pretty f´ed in most if not all festivals where PvP is required(which is most). I dont know how you reached the conclusion that they are "butthurt" for having that opinion, capture a flag is a bad first person shooter mode, that is forced into PvP where like 90% of the time, people forget that it is about capturing points.....Because game mode is placed in wrong

I am gonna agree on your overall theme. Most aspects of this game have been explored by most people, as an example the dungeon are bad because you wont get a full lvl 25 team trying to defeat a boss where everyone would almost insta die because not enough skills/dodges/damage/toughness. It is kinda sad that they could not fully and completely turn a lvl 80 to a lvl 25. You will also experience people just keep running, skipping etc.

Since forums usually contains of people just reading fast:

- You got a mail literally pointing where you should be for SAB

- A lot of new players, you were maybe unlucky

- SPvP is a pretty bad gamemode

Havent played in a group in the last 4 years, got all achieves related to it but the crimson and kaiser wep collections. Its actually worse in a group, since you need several people reaching the check point to continue and theres always that one guy that cant press space bar xD

> @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> The way SAB was hyped up this year and last, made me want to see what all the fuss was about. Well, I almost didn't see the Moto icon on the map because a Commander was overlapping his own over it. Well, then I also learned that it's preferred to do it in a group, which defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place: you'll just be following people around who know their way around the puzzles already! Or, you can go back to the pre-expansion days of having no challenging group content and doing everything solo. You just can't win. Something is clearly broken in this design.

>

> When I mentioned these things in map chat, people were like, well, it (i.e., SAB) is better than PvP. (The new season just started, by the way.) I knew it. Butthurts. Anyway, so this is the community that the-festival-that-transcends-critique brings together. SAB: Another festival to get hyped for one day over!

Another guy going on what he "heard". Who told you that SAB is done in groups? Tribulation mode is objectively more difficult when you bring others because, aside from first-timers being guided around the traps, the fact that you have to wait for everyone to reach the checkpoint before you can activate it means it's almost guaranteed to take longer the more people you bring!

Why don't you try tribulation mode for yourself and see if it's something you're into? If you want to figure everything out the old-fashioned way (trial and error!), then do it! Tribulation mode will give you all the hardcore random death you can only avoid by memory and practice you remember from the old school platformer days! As a tribute to that sort of gaming, SAB is beautifully done, in my opinion. The graphics, the music/sound effects, the punishing traps and technical jumping. It's all perfect! Give it a chance before you listen to everyone else. It's not for everyone and opinions reflect that.