Caffeinated Skritt Chests

Guys, just opened on of these chests and nothing happened. It was the right type of chest in the right location. Could it be that as I already have the collection item for my character, that

if failed and someone else should have opened it? The last time I did one someone else opened it. Thanks.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> There are a few chests, mostly in Vabbi which look like Skritt chests, but are in fact not. I forget whether they are decoys or have another purpose, but I remember a whole train following these around after launch and mistakenly calling out skritt chests.

Are there? I know Vabbi has a bunch of "Chest" but they use a different model from the skritt chest.

Also open world chests have been something that is in the game since launch.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > There are a few chests, mostly in Vabbi which look like Skritt chests, but are in fact not. I forget whether they are decoys or have another purpose, but I remember a whole train following these around after launch and mistakenly calling out skritt chests.

>

> Are there? I know Vabbi has a bunch of "Chest" but they use a different model from the skritt chest.

>

> Also open world chests have been something that is in the game since launch.

It might well be the open world ones, since they have a newer model to the HoT/core ones. I know I have experienced what the OP has seen a few times before and it confused me as well, I just can't 100% remember if they were the open world chests or not (prob were). I'm pretty certain it wasn't a bug though

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > There are a few chests, mostly in Vabbi which look like Skritt chests, but are in fact not. I forget whether they are decoys or have another purpose, but I remember a whole train following these around after launch and mistakenly calling out skritt chests.

> >

> > Are there? I know Vabbi has a bunch of "Chest" but they use a different model from the skritt chest.

> >

> > Also open world chests have been something that is in the game since launch.

>

> It might well be the open world ones, since they have a newer model to the HoT/core ones. I know I have experienced what the OP has seen a few times before and it confused me as well, I just can't 100% remember if they were the open world chests or not (prob were). I'm pretty certain it wasn't a bug though

Vabbi's open world chest got me a few times too :lol:

> @"Neworder.7981" said:

> It was the one at 'Eastern Mihan Hillsides'. It was marked lost/dwarven/ or one of the 'Trade Chests'. Just 'Chest'. I've had it where the 'skrit' chest has been done/not there and replaced with a trade one. Kind of confusing though.

There are three "Chest" in "Eastern Mihan Hillsides" that are not skritt chests.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Neworder.7981" said:

> > It was the one at 'Eastern Mihan Hillsides'. It was marked lost/dwarven/ or one of the 'Trade Chests'. Just 'Chest'. I've had it where the 'skrit' chest has been done/not there and replaced with a trade one. Kind of confusing though.

>

> There are three "Chest" in "Eastern Mihan Hillsides" that are not skritt chests.

Thanks Khisanth, I guess you won't know till you open them though.

> @"Neworder.7981" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Neworder.7981" said:

> > > It was the one at 'Eastern Mihan Hillsides'. It was marked lost/dwarven/ or one of the 'Trade Chests'. Just 'Chest'. I've had it where the 'skrit' chest has been done/not there and replaced with a trade one. Kind of confusing though.

> >

> > There are three "Chest" in "Eastern Mihan Hillsides" that are not skritt chests.

>

> Thanks Khisanth, I guess you won't know till you open them though.

They have different models from the skritt chests and they are static chests(always there, can be opened once per day per character). Also different location from the skritt chest. They are just in the same area. Also trade caches are not interchangeable with skritt chests. Trade caches are randomize per instance while skritt chests are randomized per respawn.