Dynamic Events

Ive been looking for an option ingame, but i cant find anything; basically, a friend of mine just started and ive been running around trying to do Dynamic Events with him to help level him and etc. now, i havent played in a little while, but back in the day any event would appear on your map when you'd hit M and look, all kinds of events were going on 24/7, Now, unless you're in the vicinity of an active event it doesnt display on the mini map / big map? please tell me there's some way to toggle this back on, because im horrible about trying to track these down / find them.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> nothing to reverse it was never like this in the core game.

yes it absolutely was; take Queensdale for example, you always knew when the centaurs were charging in, or when the event that was level 20ish or so to the south would start involving the captain, and those arent meta events, the meta in Queensdale is the swamp. Now, you dont see -any- events unless you're near them.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> In options, check display content. The other is a small orange compass will appear on the mini map in the direction of the closet event. You should also see the compass in the UI top right of your screen.

im sorry; where? i couldnt find what you described at all.

> @"Aeris.1876" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > nothing to reverse it was never like this in the core game.

>

> yes it absolutely was; take Queensdale for example, you always knew when the centaurs were charging in, or when the event that was level 20ish or so to the south would start involving the captain, and those arent meta events, the meta in Queensdale is the swamp. Now, you dont see -any- events unless you're near them.

>

>

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > In options, check display content. The other is a small orange compass will appear on the mini map in the direction of the closet event. You should also see the compass in the UI top right of your screen.

>

> im sorry; where? i couldnt find what you described at all.

Click the gear icon top left of the screen. Very first page, second line I think. 'Content", gives you options to hide or show.

> > @"Aeris.1876" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > nothing to reverse it was never like this in the core game.

> >

> > yes it absolutely was; take Queensdale for example, you always knew when the centaurs were charging in, or when the event that was level 20ish or so to the south would start involving the captain, and those arent meta events, the meta in Queensdale is the swamp. Now, you dont see -any- events unless you're near them.

> >

> >

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > In options, check display content. The other is a small orange compass will appear on the mini map in the direction of the closet event. You should also see the compass in the UI top right of your screen.

> >

> > im sorry; where? i couldnt find what you described at all.

>

> Click the gear icon top left of the screen. Very first page, second line I think. 'Content", gives you options to hide or show.

ah okay yeah; i have it set to default; so it is supposed to be showing events.

> > @"Aeris.1876" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > nothing to reverse it was never like this in the core game.

> >

> > yes it absolutely was; take Queensdale for example, you always knew when the centaurs were charging in, or when the event that was level 20ish or so to the south would start involving the captain, and those arent meta events, the meta in Queensdale is the swamp. Now, you dont see -any- events unless you're near them.

> >

> >

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > In options, check display content. The other is a small orange compass will appear on the mini map in the direction of the closet event. You should also see the compass in the UI top right of your screen.

> >

> > im sorry; where? i couldnt find what you described at all.

>

> Click the gear icon top left of the screen. Very first page, second line I think. 'Content", gives you options to hide or show.

There is no way to revert to the original where all events on the map are displayed on the map at the same time. Forgot which patch changed it but prior to that it can sometimes result in an extremely cluttered minimap with all the icons around the border.