spirt shard farm

The fastest PvE way is to run HoT metas (esp. Dragon's Stand) over and over. And the fastest PvP way seems to be doing WvW. I just started WvW a couple months ago to farm Mystic Clovers + Spirit Shards for Nevermore. And the shards are absolutely **pouring** in.

Things didn't seem so fast when I was doing WvW on my thief. But as soon as I switched to scourge, it started raining shards/rewards, etc ;)

> @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> The fastest PvE way is to run HoT metas (esp. Dragon's Stand) over and over. And the fastest PvP way seems to be doing WvW. I just started WvW a couple months ago to farm Mystic Clovers + Spirit Shards for Nevermore. And the shards are absolutely **pouring** in.

>

> Things didn't seem so fast when I was doing WvW on my thief. But as soon as I switched to scourge, it started raining shards/rewards, etc ;)

>

>

whats the criteria to get shards in WvW? also hows dragon stand drop shard (loot or rewards)?

> @"weaponwh.9810" said:

> > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > The fastest PvE way is to run HoT metas (esp. Dragon's Stand) over and over. And the fastest PvP way seems to be doing WvW. I just started WvW a couple months ago to farm Mystic Clovers + Spirit Shards for Nevermore. And the shards are absolutely **pouring** in.

> >

> > Things didn't seem so fast when I was doing WvW on my thief. But as soon as I switched to scourge, it started raining shards/rewards, etc ;)

> >

> >

>

> whats the criteria to get shards in WvW? also hows dragon stand drop shard (loot or rewards)?

WvW rewards one tome of knowledge /rank gained. If youre lv80, it translates to one shard.

DS gives much exp, so one level=one shard if youre lv80

The wiki has a list of all things spirit shards are contained in .... some worth mentioning though are:

**Gathered from**:

Airship Cargo

Bleached Bones

Noxious Pod

Overlook Cache

I have farmed airship cargo for them when I needed more and was quite successful in getting what I needed. Also Noxious pods also have a good drop rate!

Good Luck!

> @"weaponwh.9810" said:

> > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > The fastest PvE way is to run HoT metas (esp. Dragon's Stand) over and over. And the fastest PvP way seems to be doing WvW. I just started WvW a couple months ago to farm Mystic Clovers + Spirit Shards for Nevermore. And the shards are absolutely **pouring** in.

> >

> > Things didn't seem so fast when I was doing WvW on my thief. But as soon as I switched to scourge, it started raining shards/rewards, etc ;)

> >

> >

>

> whats the criteria to get shards in WvW? also hows dragon stand drop shard (loot or rewards)?

Dragon Stand is something like 10 spirit shards an hour with full boosters. I think I was getting like 30 an hour with full boosters doing the leather farm. Lab far can theoretically yield 60 an hour depending on the commander and luck with door spawns.

If you have your local masteries maxed, then every "level" worth of XP grants a spirit shard. And XP is easy to come by. Chained events, events with massive swarms of foes, doing stories, opening various chests (that drop XP-laden items), and well, just about anything in the game other than chatting or sneezing.

Essentially (and again, assuming you have your masteries maxed), if you farm _anything_ in the game, you'll also end up accumulating spirit shards. So focus on doing whatever makes sense for your goals: farm berries (for ascended trinkets), ore (for mats or to sell), Istan and/or Silverwastes (for gold & mats), HoT metas, whatever. Everything is generating XP which leads to your earning more shards.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"weaponwh.9810" said:

> > > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > > The fastest PvE way is to run HoT metas (esp. Dragon's Stand) over and over. And the fastest PvP way seems to be doing WvW. I just started WvW a couple months ago to farm Mystic Clovers + Spirit Shards for Nevermore. And the shards are absolutely **pouring** in.

> > >

> > > Things didn't seem so fast when I was doing WvW on my thief. But as soon as I switched to scourge, it started raining shards/rewards, etc ;)

> > >

> > >

> >

> > whats the criteria to get shards in WvW? also hows dragon stand drop shard (loot or rewards)?

>

> Dragon Stand is something like 10 spirit shards an hour with full boosters. I think I was getting like 30 an hour with full boosters doing the leather farm. Lab far can theoretically yield 60 an hour depending on the commander and luck with door spawns.

Addendum: **both ot the above require being completely finished with the respective set of masteries**. (HoT for DS, Core for Labyrinth)

> @"Zin Dau.1749" said:

> I find PoF maps gives way more XP than HoT. both mobs and events. And the PoF masteries are easier to master (again due to faster XP, but also PoF mastery points are easier to get).

PoF masteries required less XP which is why it seemed faster.