Don’t you want legendary armor outside of raids?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > What is the purpose of this poll? Legendary armor is already accessible outside of raids. Do people willingly ignore everything to force their own agenda? Or is it about the skin?

>

> Did you read the thread or title only?

I read the thread. Title and poll are about legendary armor and the TL:DR is about the envoy skin. They are not the same.

> @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > What is the purpose of this poll? Legendary armor is already accessible outside of raids. Do people willingly ignore everything to force their own agenda? Or is it about the skin?

> >

> > Did you read the thread or title only?

>

> I read the thread. Title and poll are about legendary armor and the TL:DR is about the envoy skin. They are not the same.

Short answer is "no I didn't"

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> pls do it..... so everyone can keep quiet and be happy!! leg armor skin outside raid pls! :) and new ap! :P

By "everyone" do you mean a vocal minority who for some reason want to ignore **all** the current options and want to have end-game rewards for beginner content? "oh yes, please give me some leg armor for collecting some pebbles, give me leg armor for fetching a sack of potatoes for the village fair, give me leg armor for hitting a few of those pesky 1HP mosquitoes".

This poll/thread is unclear - are you asking for the functionality of leg armor? or just the skins ? or both?

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> When I refer to armor outside of raids I mean skins - the same set as raids or (preferably) a second one. Something that takes enough time and effort to earn to be as prestigious as ever, but accessible to people who can’t get past the raiding elitism for whatever reason. I’m thinking something that anyone can work on, but requires a long amount of time, involved each game mode a little bit - mostly PVE id image? Idk, that’s definitely something to discuss. Yes there are legendary sets in competitive game modes, but the skins are the same as ascended, you don’t get the prestige, nor such quite the feeling of accomplishment unlocking a truly legendary skin.

>

> TLDR; legendary armor with actual legendary skins obtainable outside raids

Answer - we have those options in PvP and WvW - unless you want to argue that those are "inside" raids.

In addition, there is a thread about this already so hopefully someone will just merge if they can

( https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/18507/more-paths-to-legendary-gear )

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> > > >

> > > > If you want it, you can do it too.

> > >

> > > If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

> >

> > He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

>

> To be fair, his/her reply was not that specific, so it came across as a general "no" and not a "no, but yes under x conditions". That being said, I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

To be fair, my reply was perfectly specific: _no if it uses the existing skin_.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you want it, you can do it too.

> > > >

> > > > If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

> > >

> > > He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

> >

> > To be fair, his/her reply was not that specific, so it came across as a general "no" and not a "no, but yes under x conditions". That being said, I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

>

> To be fair, my reply was perfectly specific: _no if it uses the existing skin_.

>

Except, the words _"no if it uses the existing skin"_ didn't appear in your comment, so it really wasn't "perfectly" specific. Still, I guess there's no point arguing semantics now.

As long as it does not actively, through new PvE open world mechanics, or passively, through new player behavior, impact my game play, then I suppose that's fine.

Well, unless it involves needing team members that are otherwise hard at work on that custom outfit I asked for using pieces of old mix-n-match clothing. :#

> I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

Best response. Fractal level 100 is a solid goal that's within reach of more players, and it should have its own skins, if implemented. Let the unique rewards stay unique for legendary armor, but let the *functionality* be more openly available.

Heck, I wouldn't care if ANet made a legendary set for dedicated crafters, just to sink some of the materials crawling on the market floor. (And we all know the reason for legendaries is all market-driven anyway...) Chefs making Gift of Herbs and Jewelcrafters making Gift of Jewels so mid-tier materials (and Jewelcrafting lol) have a purpose. /shrug

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you want it, you can do it too.

> > > > >

> > > > > If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

> > > >

> > > > He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

> > >

> > > To be fair, his/her reply was not that specific, so it came across as a general "no" and not a "no, but yes under x conditions". That being said, I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

> >

> > To be fair, my reply was perfectly specific: _no if it uses the existing skin_.

> >

>

> Except, the words _"no if it uses the existing skin"_ didn't appear in your comment, so it really wasn't "perfectly" specific. Still, I guess there's no point arguing semantics now.

For anyone but you it was perfectly specific.

See the reply from the guy who had to explain it to you - he/she got it, for example.

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> If it is good for others, OK for me.

> Personally, I don't care for a very simple reason: Appearance matters a lot to me and there is no legendary armor skins I like (sorry for that, no offense meant, purely a matter of taste).

New skins, new chance to like the set

Apparently people are confused about what I meant. When I said the same skins as raids or a new set, I meant the old set obtainable elsewhere is preferable to nothing. However I would rather it be a new set. And no, WvW and PvP ones don’t count because those skins are available in ascended too. The only one that is actually a different skin is the chest piece with the energy tendrils

> @"Maikimaik.1974" said:

> There's no need for legendary gear outside of raids, so I don't really see why it shouldn't be exclusive to raids.

There's no need for it in raids either. People cleared raids in regular ascended (and exotic) equipment before legendary armour was available.

Legendary armour is not _needed_ anywhere it's mostly a long term reward and an expensive materials sink that provides a _lot_ of convenience, the last suit of armour you'll need.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you want it, you can do it too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

> > > > >

> > > > > He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

> > > >

> > > > To be fair, his/her reply was not that specific, so it came across as a general "no" and not a "no, but yes under x conditions". That being said, I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

> > >

> > > To be fair, my reply was perfectly specific: _no if it uses the existing skin_.

> > >

> >

> > Except, the words _"no if it uses the existing skin"_ didn't appear in your comment, so it really wasn't "perfectly" specific. Still, I guess there's no point arguing semantics now.

>

> For anyone but you it was perfectly specific.

>

> See the reply from the guy who had to explain it to you - he/she got it, for example.

I'm glad you could come to such an astute conclusion with a two person sample size. XD

> @"Rinn.2375" said:

> The real question is: do you want the legendary armor, but you hate raiding so much, you wont do it?

> My answer is yes.

Yes, but not so much that I hate it but that rampant elitism, as well as people insisting on tools and gear that are far from necessary, and kicking you the second you don't have it

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > > > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you want it, you can do it too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

> > > > >

> > > > > To be fair, his/her reply was not that specific, so it came across as a general "no" and not a "no, but yes under x conditions". That being said, I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

> > > >

> > > > To be fair, my reply was perfectly specific: _no if it uses the existing skin_.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Except, the words _"no if it uses the existing skin"_ didn't appear in your comment, so it really wasn't "perfectly" specific. Still, I guess there's no point arguing semantics now.

> >

> > For anyone but you it was perfectly specific.

> >

> > See the reply from the guy who had to explain it to you - he/she got it, for example.

>

> I'm glad you could come to such an astute conclusion with a two person sample size. XD

Yea, you're welcome! We decided for you and the rest of the players what they really want.

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > > > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you want it, you can do it too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

> > > > >

> > > > > To be fair, his/her reply was not that specific, so it came across as a general "no" and not a "no, but yes under x conditions". That being said, I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

> > > >

> > > > To be fair, my reply was perfectly specific: _no if it uses the existing skin_.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Except, the words _"no if it uses the existing skin"_ didn't appear in your comment, so it really wasn't "perfectly" specific. Still, I guess there's no point arguing semantics now.

> >

> > For anyone but you it was perfectly specific.

> >

> > See the reply from the guy who had to explain it to you - he/she got it, for example.

>

> I'm glad you could come to such an astute conclusion with a two person sample size. XD

Don't blame others for your lack of reading comprehension is the take-away from this.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > > > > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you want it, you can do it too.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To be fair, his/her reply was not that specific, so it came across as a general "no" and not a "no, but yes under x conditions". That being said, I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

> > > > >

> > > > > To be fair, my reply was perfectly specific: _no if it uses the existing skin_.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Except, the words _"no if it uses the existing skin"_ didn't appear in your comment, so it really wasn't "perfectly" specific. Still, I guess there's no point arguing semantics now.

> > >

> > > For anyone but you it was perfectly specific.

> > >

> > > See the reply from the guy who had to explain it to you - he/she got it, for example.

> >

> > I'm glad you could come to such an astute conclusion with a two person sample size. XD

>

> Don't blame others for your lack of reading comprehension is the take-away from this.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > > > > No as it would devalue the Legendary Armour I suffered through the Raid grind to get.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you want it, you can do it too.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If it involves different skins, I'm not sure how it would devalue your Raid armor. You can already get legendary armor outside of Raids anyway, just not with the Raid skins.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He starts the thread by saying that he'd want the same skin if not a new one. To which this guy/girl replies no to the same skin being used.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To be fair, his/her reply was not that specific, so it came across as a general "no" and not a "no, but yes under x conditions". That being said, I do agree that if legendary armor became available outside of Raids, it shouldn't use the Raid armor skins, but different skins unique to the content involved. For example, I'd love to see Fractal themed legendary armor.

> > > > >

> > > > > To be fair, my reply was perfectly specific: _no if it uses the existing skin_.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Except, the words _"no if it uses the existing skin"_ didn't appear in your comment, so it really wasn't "perfectly" specific. Still, I guess there's no point arguing semantics now.

> > >

> > > For anyone but you it was perfectly specific.

> > >

> > > See the reply from the guy who had to explain it to you - he/she got it, for example.

> >

> > I'm glad you could come to such an astute conclusion with a two person sample size. XD

>

> Don't blame others for your lack of reading comprehension is the take-away from this.

I can't read what isn't there. If you're okay with people making assumptions based on incomplete information that's on you, but I'd prefer to not risk putting words into other people's mouths where I can avoid it, in case I obscure their intended meaning. In any case, I don't know why you're being needlessly antagonistic. I've managed to reply to you perfectly fine without resorting to insults or insinuations. I'm not sure why your responses to me are becoming so needlessly snide. Lol.

This was a simple case of me misunderstanding your original comment because it was somewhat incomplete in its scope. I have since discerned your view and have even agreed with parts of it. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I have never understood why this is even a question. In a game with the purported values GW2 has tried to hold to each path for the main playstyles provided in the game should have a path legendary status items.

Change the skins, change the animations, make them all the same; I'm not too particular on that account. But I don't understand why any game, especially GW2, would want to limit legendary status items to only one or two playstyles.