Mirage Shouldn't Be Able To Channel Buffs In Mirage Cloak

shadowpass.4236

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > We'll be changing this for Temple of the Silent Storm, Coliseum, Spirit Watch and Stronghold.

> >

> > Unfortunately, we're past the window to make it in for the next release, so this will go into the one after.

>

> The OP got a win and quick action on a Mesmer nerf. I can even agree that this one makes sense.

> **I still feel under siege every time I log in to play Mesmer. How will my fellow players or ANET think to nerf my class next?**

Mesmer is so OP right now... c'mon man, quit it

> @"Toron.4856" said:

> Are u you gonna do the same about stomps then? A mirage stomp can not be interrupted when dodging

Safe stomping is an entirely different beast. Several classes are able to do it, only a few cannot.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > We'll be changing this for Temple of the Silent Storm, Coliseum, Spirit Watch and Stronghold.

> >

> > Unfortunately, we're past the window to make it in for the next release, so this will go into the one after.

>

> The OP got a win and quick action on a Mesmer nerf. I can even agree that this one makes sense.

> **I still feel under siege every time I log in to play Mesmer. How will my fellow players or ANET think to nerf my class next?**

Are you serious? When a mechanic provides a massively unfair advantage on map secondary mechanics, and said spec gets its mechanic adjusted, it's an attack on your class?

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > Are u you gonna do the same about stomps then? A mirage stomp can not be interrupted when dodging

>

> Safe stomping is an entirely different beast. Several classes are able to do it, only a few cannot.

>

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > We'll be changing this for Temple of the Silent Storm, Coliseum, Spirit Watch and Stronghold.

> > >

> > > Unfortunately, we're past the window to make it in for the next release, so this will go into the one after.

> >

> > The OP got a win and quick action on a Mesmer nerf. I can even agree that this one makes sense.

> > **I still feel under siege every time I log in to play Mesmer. How will my fellow players or ANET think to nerf my class next?**

>

> Are you serious? When a mechanic provides a massively unfair advantage on map secondary mechanics, and said spec gets its mechanic adjusted, it's an attack on your class?

We should delete scourge next, it makes it completly impossible to win objectives like the skyhammer or the bell on capricorn. Your only choice is to let them have it for free lol

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > Are u you gonna do the same about stomps then? A mirage stomp can not be interrupted when dodging

> >

> > Safe stomping is an entirely different beast. Several classes are able to do it, only a few cannot.

> >

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > We'll be changing this for Temple of the Silent Storm, Coliseum, Spirit Watch and Stronghold.

> > > >

> > > > Unfortunately, we're past the window to make it in for the next release, so this will go into the one after.

> > >

> > > The OP got a win and quick action on a Mesmer nerf. I can even agree that this one makes sense.

> > > **I still feel under siege every time I log in to play Mesmer. How will my fellow players or ANET think to nerf my class next?**

> >

> > Are you serious? When a mechanic provides a massively unfair advantage on map secondary mechanics, and said spec gets its mechanic adjusted, it's an attack on your class?

>

> We should delete scourge next, it makes it completly impossible to win objectives like the skyhammer or the bell on capricorn. Your only choice is to let them have it for free lol

And scourges got a nerf didnt they.

Mesmers, eh, you got a slap on the wrist.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> Agreed. I took a quick look, doesn't seem to be a difficult change. I look more thoroughly when I get into the office this morning and double check with some folks to see if someone has any valid arguments why we shouldn't change this.

This my friend is what I always feared the most and what I wished I would never see : **if someone has any valid arguments why we shouldn't change this** .

The more people play one class in the office...the more "valid arguments" will be found why something should not be changed or why something should be changed; opinionated balance is the single most dangerous things, real balance should not be up to debate and I feel that the main reason why many broken/OP specs makes it into the game is because of this opinionated balance

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

>

>

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > > Are u you gonna do the same about stomps then? A mirage stomp can not be interrupted when dodging

> > >

> > > Safe stomping is an entirely different beast. Several classes are able to do it, only a few cannot.

> > >

> > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > We'll be changing this for Temple of the Silent Storm, Coliseum, Spirit Watch and Stronghold.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unfortunately, we're past the window to make it in for the next release, so this will go into the one after.

> > > >

> > > > The OP got a win and quick action on a Mesmer nerf. I can even agree that this one makes sense.

> > > > **I still feel under siege every time I log in to play Mesmer. How will my fellow players or ANET think to nerf my class next?**

> > >

> > > Are you serious? When a mechanic provides a massively unfair advantage on map secondary mechanics, and said spec gets its mechanic adjusted, it's an attack on your class?

> >

> > We should delete scourge next, it makes it completly impossible to win objectives like the skyhammer or the bell on capricorn. Your only choice is to let them have it for free lol

>

> And scourges got a nerf didnt they.

It's not enough. Classes must be destroyed to satiate our hunger.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> We'll be changing this for Temple of the Silent Storm, Coliseum, Spirit Watch and Stronghold.

>

> Unfortunately, we're past the window to make it in for the next release, so this will go into the one after.

ANET appears to allow Scourge to dominate entire points. A buff dominated by SCOURGE spirits has the same net effect as a Mirage channeling in evade. *Either way, there's no way to prevent the channel.*

It's the malice that gets me. **I don't feel that the attacks on Mesmer are attempts to balance things in many cases.** Rather, I feel they are an attempt to eliminate Mesmer. Unfortunately, I'm not confident that ANET makes this distinction.

I feel I should just support any nerf against any other class in recompense for the animus directed at Mesmer.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> >

>

> ANET appears to allow Scourge to dominate entire points. A buff dominated by SCOURGE spirits has the same net effect as a Mirage channeling in evade. *Either way, there's no way to prevent the channel.*

_What?_

You can literally just hit the Scourge. There's absolutely nothing preventing you from doing so.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> >

>

> ANET appears to allow Scourge to dominate entire points. A buff dominated by SCOURGE spirits has the same net effect as a Mirage channeling in evade. *Either way, there's no way to prevent the channel.*

>

> It's the malice that gets me. **I don't feel that the attacks on Mesmer are attempts to balance things in many cases.** Rather, I feel they are an attempt to eliminate Mesmer. Unfortunately, I'm not confident that ANET sees this distinction.

>

> I feel I should just support any nerf against any other class in recompense for the animus directed at Mesmer.

I totally understand. But it was and is happening to every single best performing profession ever.

> @"Toron.4856" said:

> I know that u can shadowstep stealth invuln portal etc etc stomp.

>

> I was just ASKING IF the ability to dodge stomp is being removed with the ability to dodge while getting the buff since its basically the same mechanic.

>

> No need to cry about a "pls dont nerf mirage cloak stomp other classes have safe stomps as well". Jeez.

It's not the same mechanic at all. I'm not crying, just noting it does not give any edge over other classes safestomp options (apart from being more frequent)

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > I know that u can shadowstep stealth invuln portal etc etc stomp.

> >

> > I was just ASKING IF the ability to dodge stomp is being removed with the ability to dodge while getting the buff since its basically the same mechanic.

> >

> > No need to cry about a "pls dont nerf mirage cloak stomp other classes have safe stomps as well". Jeez.

> It's not the same mechanic at all. I'm not crying, just noting it does not give any edge over other classes safestomp options (apart from being more frequent)

More frequent is an issue. With realistic vigor uptime this is something like 6x to 10x more frequent than other safe stomps. Even you admit this is an issue.

The lack of investing in this is also an issue. Every other safe stomp requires selecting an utility skill to do this. And no, having to select Mirage elite spec is not an investment; it is the pretext for this conversation because Mirage Cloak only exists if this is done.

Mirage Cloak, a class mechanic but also a Minor trait, currently grants:

* Increased auto attack damage/free burst skill on dodge CD

* 33% more evade frames than base dodge

* Dodge while stunned

* Safe Stomp on dodge CD

* Safe Heal cover on dodge CD

* Ability to attack while dodging

* Safe objective channel on dodge CD (being addressed)

* Safe Rez on dodge CD

And then there are other “on dodge” traits and Mirage Cloak traits that can further augment this list. But you know what? Those actually require an investment. Everything on that list is free with 1 minor trait: Mirage Cloak.

Why wasnt this debated internally months before PoF release.

why has it been half a year after release before this was addressed...

And then it wont make next patch...

so its gonna be at least 6 weeks out probably?? maybe not even this season

As Mesmer one of my mains I totally agree that the channeling in pvp should be interupted when using mirage cloak. It isn't possible in stealth as well and when you use stealth during channeling it interupts it as well. So this makes sense.

I still don't get why the channeling for heroes in stronghold works another way then those and pulsing stability has a big advantage.

I don't agree on stomping tho. 3 second stomp 2 x 1 second dodge. So no full time cover. Teleport on thief, Mistform on ele, teleports by friendly skills, stealth or a quick res still safes one. And even if not place your burst after the stomp, died that way often enough ? so it's a one for one trade.

And people often forget that mirage needs endurance to dodge like all other classes. Energy sigil only restores 25 endurance and vigor gets often ripped. There are no other sources. As well I can only recommend apply weakness it not only helps against critical hits, it reduces the regeneration by 50% as well. In my opinion a really awesome condition.

> @"BABE.6384" said:

> Why wasnt this debated internally months before PoF release.

> why has it been half a year after release before this was addressed...

>

> And then it wont make next patch...

> so its gonna be at least 6 weeks out probably?? maybe not even this season

No one knows. They move at glacial speed to fix things noticed instantly by the community.