Account suspension discussion [merged]

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > We should never drop this in my opinion. I certainly won't. I was NOT running any of the listed programs when I was playing GW2, I only had cheat engine installed, and that's it. In fact I haven't run it in quite a while. I need proof that one of these apps was running in the same time I was running the game, then I will stop. My account is a month old, so it should be easy enough.

> > >

> > > mmmhmm, so their process for scanning running processes accidentally turned into a process that scans your directories for files did it? how does that work!

> >

> > You never had anything of substance to say anyway, so continue your white knighting.

> >

> > And I don't know. I only know that I didn't run it in the month that I was playing GW2. Its that simple.

>

> well i can tell you its impossible, unless code metamorphosis at runtime ofc, or they are lying ofc.

They lied once already, why not again?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people would understand that ArenaNet is not obligated to prove that anyone was cheating in order to ban them, this thread would be 20% smaller.

-No they do not have to prove that the knife you carry is not to kill anyone, you carry a knife, they suspend you

-No they do not have to prove that the test results that can be used to cheat at the test were used to cheat or not, you have them, they suspend you.

-Yes even if you didn't have them at the test but only at home, because THEY CAN.

Also:

-No you cannot use german law to do whatever you want in any game. Also, this is only valid for agreements that are unknown to you at the time of purchase. Purchase. Did you notice the word? Purchase. Did you purchase your GW2 account a month ago? Oh you didn't because it was free. Tough luck because the EULA stays valid unless you sue them to get your 0 Euro purchase price back. At which time your 6 month suspension will be exchanged for a deletion of your account.

-No this is not spyware. You agreed to let them do it, they did it.

I think that about sums it up.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Solidius.5146" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I generally have no sympathy for people who cheat in any game, i just don't see the need to risk your account on any game that you love to maybe make things slightly easier for yourself but anger other players in the process and put your friends accounts in danger if they play with you on a regular basis and get caught up in your ban. I do not count dps meters as cheating or mods that change your UI and as you can see, neither do Anet. As a company they do what they need to do to make sure their game is fair for everyone and if that means monitoring the programs running on my system then I don't mind, it's not like they are hunting for any information worth keeping that could be damaging to my identity or online safety. If you use cheat programs then you deserve to get banned, even if you weren't using them in this particular game at this point in time, you have them installed and Anet has no way of knowing if you ever plan to use them in the future, so out you go. Hopefully in 6 months you will either have learned your lesson and uninstalled said programs or moved on to other games which is no big loss to the rest of us.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Do you have knives in your kitchen?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It was never about owning the knife! it was about having the knife with you whilst playing. Its not against the law to have one in the home but If you leave your home with a knife and get searched whether it was used or not it's still intent and an offence.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > uhm... no. You can't punish me for having knife in my pocket until I actually use it commiting a crime. Just like cheatengine. Well they know some people used it. But they didn't check if it was used to modify GW2.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Actually you can be punished for having a knife in your pocket, it's called an arrest on possession of weapons. It is illegal to carry a weapon without a good reason and it's illegal to carry a banned weapon so your metaphor isn't really working for you there ;)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It is not illegal to carry a knife in your pocket everywhere. And not all knives are illegal even in places which restrict some blades (such as by length).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Its not even illegal, everywhere, to have a gun in your pocket (so long as you have a concealed carry license).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > actually that depends on the type of knife, e.g in britain it is in fact illegal to carry certain types of knives. so think of illegal types of knives = processes specifically design to cheat and your golden.

> > > > >

> > > > > Exactly why I pointed out, not everywhere.

> > > > >

> > > > > Something that often gets overlooked on these forums is that we are a multinational community with widely differing local laws.

> > > >

> > > > yup and multi nationally most people will consider a sword as a weapon (for e.g) and not a utensil for picking your teeth.

> > > > most people will agree that the probability is high that a cheater using a cheating program and running a cheating program alongside GW2 on multiple occasions will in fact be a cheater in GW2. Its not rocket science.

> > >

> > > Sure, feel free to make assumptions and "convict" based on circumstantial evidence. I firmly believe that the vast majority banned got what they deserved, and that some of the false positives will be fixed.

> > >

> > > Someone said that it is illegal to have a knife in your pocket, I reminded them that this is not always the case. You then, essentially, parroted my own statement back at me.

> >

> > its called banned knives/ the law.

> >

> > I will say it again, what do you people want, a more intrusive data gathering or enough that you make a decision with a high probability of accuracy with a recovery mechanism to corrrect errors after, what do you want? its easy to bluster without a meaningful solution.

> >

>

> "You people"

>

> Do you mean people who know that knives are not illegal everywhere?

>

> Perhaps people who believe that those banned most likely deserved it?

>

> Perhaps people who understand that the information used to support the ban represents circumstantial evidence?

its a simple question for those willing to answer it:

more data gathering = more accuracy

less data gathering = less accuracy

or do what they do just now.

what do you think?

> @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > > We should never drop this in my opinion. I certainly won't. I was NOT running any of the listed programs when I was playing GW2, I only had cheat engine installed, and that's it. In fact I haven't run it in quite a while. I need proof that one of these apps was running in the same time I was running the game, then I will stop. My account is a month old, so it should be easy enough.

> > > >

> > > > mmmhmm, so their process for scanning running processes accidentally turned into a process that scans your directories for files did it? how does that work!

> > >

> > > You never had anything of substance to say anyway, so continue your white knighting.

> > >

> > > And I don't know. I only know that I didn't run it in the month that I was playing GW2. Its that simple.

> >

> > well i can tell you its impossible, unless code metamorphosis at runtime ofc, or they are lying ofc.

>

> They lied once already, why not again?

They can lie all they want but if you don't break the terms of the agreement, it doesn't matter.

> more obtrusive data gathering than Anet does now and more accuracy

>

> or

>

> less obtrusive data gathering and less accuracy

>

> or what they are doing now.

>

> WHAT DO YOU WANT?

I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > more obtrusive data gathering than Anet does now and more accuracy

> >

> > or

> >

> > less obtrusive data gathering and less accuracy

> >

> > or what they are doing now.

> >

> > WHAT DO YOU WANT?

>

> I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

HOW EXACTLY?

more FACTS, less FACTS or as they do just now?

> @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > No we did not agree to have spyware installed onto our computers

> > That spyware is called Windows Operating System. (ANet used its API to expose which software is running, as many other companies do, including MS of course, as well as other gaming systems).

> >

> > > putting our finances at risk without our knowledge.

> > That doesn't appear to be remotely the case.

> >

> > What _might_ have been exposed is what software we had active while GW2 was running.

> >

> > Should ANet have done this? How private should that data be? Did ANet take appropriate steps to protect their data collection? Those are separate questions.

> >

> > If we're going to carry pitchforks and torches, let's try to make sure we're marching towards Frankenstein's laboratory, not towards the Frank's Labrador Retriever Rescue Farm.

>

> They installed spyware onto our computers on March 6th and then removed it on March 27th. It collected EVERYTHING and sent it back to Anet.

>

> Are you going to tell me that they 100% secured that kitten? This company who time and time again proves their incompetence?

>

> You're crazy if you believe that!!!

>

> That stuff is linked to my account, my payment history, my address, etc, etc, etc.

>

> Imagine signing a contract that allows employer to utilize your skills in any way they want. After 6 years you come into work today and find out that you are going to be a prostitute for the day.

>

> Yeah thought so

Conspiracy theory aside....

Collected "EVERYTHING?" So it went into your documents, hidden folders, opened word/text docs, opened and screenshotted every picture on your PC, recorded every movie or video you have, siphoned off your internet cookie and browsing histories, checked your Windows configuration settings, looked at all installed software regardless of active runtime status, checked your mail and read all of said emails, read all your messages in any desktop messaging app, recorded any voice-over-IP discussions, took a copy of your protected registry entries, looked at your application history and usage patterns, checked your hardware IDs and installed, unrelated hardware, logged all your keystrokes, logged every mouse action, and recorded every last saved login for any website, while copying your local system's external security certificates, etc.

I didn't even cover "everything" there... not by a long shot... And you think copying down active processes is "everything?" Oh, well that's kind of adorable to be honest.

ANET has your payment information, your address, etc.... it's all encrypted, quite well I might add. Is it possible for someone to breach and collect it? Yes, always is. I'd be more concerned with your payment info, name, address, etc than a listing of your active processes on your computer. One of them can result in identity theft and you becoming the victim of monetary theft... the other can result in... nothing.

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Solidius.5146" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I generally have no sympathy for people who cheat in any game, i just don't see the need to risk your account on any game that you love to maybe make things slightly easier for yourself but anger other players in the process and put your friends accounts in danger if they play with you on a regular basis and get caught up in your ban. I do not count dps meters as cheating or mods that change your UI and as you can see, neither do Anet. As a company they do what they need to do to make sure their game is fair for everyone and if that means monitoring the programs running on my system then I don't mind, it's not like they are hunting for any information worth keeping that could be damaging to my identity or online safety. If you use cheat programs then you deserve to get banned, even if you weren't using them in this particular game at this point in time, you have them installed and Anet has no way of knowing if you ever plan to use them in the future, so out you go. Hopefully in 6 months you will either have learned your lesson and uninstalled said programs or moved on to other games which is no big loss to the rest of us.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Do you have knives in your kitchen?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It was never about owning the knife! it was about having the knife with you whilst playing. Its not against the law to have one in the home but If you leave your home with a knife and get searched whether it was used or not it's still intent and an offence.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > uhm... no. You can't punish me for having knife in my pocket until I actually use it commiting a crime. Just like cheatengine. Well they know some people used it. But they didn't check if it was used to modify GW2.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Actually you can be punished for having a knife in your pocket, it's called an arrest on possession of weapons. It is illegal to carry a weapon without a good reason and it's illegal to carry a banned weapon so your metaphor isn't really working for you there ;)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It is not illegal to carry a knife in your pocket everywhere. And not all knives are illegal even in places which restrict some blades (such as by length).

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Its not even illegal, everywhere, to have a gun in your pocket (so long as you have a concealed carry license).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > actually that depends on the type of knife, e.g in britain it is in fact illegal to carry certain types of knives. so think of illegal types of knives = processes specifically design to cheat and your golden.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Exactly why I pointed out, not everywhere.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Something that often gets overlooked on these forums is that we are a multinational community with widely differing local laws.

> > > > >

> > > > > yup and multi nationally most people will consider a sword as a weapon (for e.g) and not a utensil for picking your teeth.

> > > > > most people will agree that the probability is high that a cheater using a cheating program and running a cheating program alongside GW2 on multiple occasions will in fact be a cheater in GW2. Its not rocket science.

> > > >

> > > > Sure, feel free to make assumptions and "convict" based on circumstantial evidence. I firmly believe that the vast majority banned got what they deserved, and that some of the false positives will be fixed.

> > > >

> > > > Someone said that it is illegal to have a knife in your pocket, I reminded them that this is not always the case. You then, essentially, parroted my own statement back at me.

> > >

> > > its called banned knives/ the law.

> > >

> > > I will say it again, what do you people want, a more intrusive data gathering or enough that you make a decision with a high probability of accuracy with a recovery mechanism to corrrect errors after, what do you want? its easy to bluster without a meaningful solution.

> > >

> >

> > "You people"

> >

> > Do you mean people who know that knives are not illegal everywhere?

> >

> > Perhaps people who believe that those banned most likely deserved it?

> >

> > Perhaps people who understand that the information used to support the ban represents circumstantial evidence?

>

> its a simple question for those willing to answer it:

>

> more data gathering = more accuracy

> less data gathering = less accuracy

> or do what they do just now.

>

> what do you think?

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Solidius.5146" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I generally have no sympathy for people who cheat in any game, i just don't see the need to risk your account on any game that you love to maybe make things slightly easier for yourself but anger other players in the process and put your friends accounts in danger if they play with you on a regular basis and get caught up in your ban. I do not count dps meters as cheating or mods that change your UI and as you can see, neither do Anet. As a company they do what they need to do to make sure their game is fair for everyone and if that means monitoring the programs running on my system then I don't mind, it's not like they are hunting for any information worth keeping that could be damaging to my identity or online safety. If you use cheat programs then you deserve to get banned, even if you weren't using them in this particular game at this point in time, you have them installed and Anet has no way of knowing if you ever plan to use them in the future, so out you go. Hopefully in 6 months you will either have learned your lesson and uninstalled said programs or moved on to other games which is no big loss to the rest of us.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Do you have knives in your kitchen?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It was never about owning the knife! it was about having the knife with you whilst playing. Its not against the law to have one in the home but If you leave your home with a knife and get searched whether it was used or not it's still intent and an offence.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > uhm... no. You can't punish me for having knife in my pocket until I actually use it commiting a crime. Just like cheatengine. Well they know some people used it. But they didn't check if it was used to modify GW2.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Actually you can be punished for having a knife in your pocket, it's called an arrest on possession of weapons. It is illegal to carry a weapon without a good reason and it's illegal to carry a banned weapon so your metaphor isn't really working for you there ;)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It is not illegal to carry a knife in your pocket everywhere. And not all knives are illegal even in places which restrict some blades (such as by length).

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Its not even illegal, everywhere, to have a gun in your pocket (so long as you have a concealed carry license).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > actually that depends on the type of knife, e.g in britain it is in fact illegal to carry certain types of knives. so think of illegal types of knives = processes specifically design to cheat and your golden.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Exactly why I pointed out, not everywhere.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Something that often gets overlooked on these forums is that we are a multinational community with widely differing local laws.

> > > > >

> > > > > yup and multi nationally most people will consider a sword as a weapon (for e.g) and not a utensil for picking your teeth.

> > > > > most people will agree that the probability is high that a cheater using a cheating program and running a cheating program alongside GW2 on multiple occasions will in fact be a cheater in GW2. Its not rocket science.

> > > >

> > > > Sure, feel free to make assumptions and "convict" based on circumstantial evidence. I firmly believe that the vast majority banned got what they deserved, and that some of the false positives will be fixed.

> > > >

> > > > Someone said that it is illegal to have a knife in your pocket, I reminded them that this is not always the case. You then, essentially, parroted my own statement back at me.

> > >

> > > its called banned knives/ the law.

> > >

> > > I will say it again, what do you people want, a more intrusive data gathering or enough that you make a decision with a high probability of accuracy with a recovery mechanism to corrrect errors after, what do you want? its easy to bluster without a meaningful solution.

> > >

> >

> > "You people"

> >

> > Do you mean people who know that knives are not illegal everywhere?

> >

> > Perhaps people who believe that those banned most likely deserved it?

> >

> > Perhaps people who understand that the information used to support the ban represents circumstantial evidence?

>

> its a simple question for those willing to answer it:

>

> more data gathering = more accuracy

> less data gathering = less accuracy

> or do what they do just now.

>

> what do you think?

But who are the, "you people," you directed at me in your previous post?

Also a simple question.

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > more obtrusive data gathering than Anet does now and more accuracy

> > >

> > > or

> > >

> > > less obtrusive data gathering and less accuracy

> > >

> > > or what they are doing now.

> > >

> > > WHAT DO YOU WANT?

> >

> > I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

>

> how?

>

> more FACTS, less FACTS or as they do just now?

Exactly ... unless someone works there, how does anyone claim they are just making wild accusations based on assumptions? What is THAT person's basis for such a claim ... other than hardcore saltieness?

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > more obtrusive data gathering than Anet does now and more accuracy

> > >

> > > or

> > >

> > > less obtrusive data gathering and less accuracy

> > >

> > > or what they are doing now.

> > >

> > > WHAT DO YOU WANT?

> >

> > I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

>

> HOW EXACTLY?

>

> more FACTS, less FACTS or as they do just now?

What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Solidius.5146" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I generally have no sympathy for people who cheat in any game, i just don't see the need to risk your account on any game that you love to maybe make things slightly easier for yourself but anger other players in the process and put your friends accounts in danger if they play with you on a regular basis and get caught up in your ban. I do not count dps meters as cheating or mods that change your UI and as you can see, neither do Anet. As a company they do what they need to do to make sure their game is fair for everyone and if that means monitoring the programs running on my system then I don't mind, it's not like they are hunting for any information worth keeping that could be damaging to my identity or online safety. If you use cheat programs then you deserve to get banned, even if you weren't using them in this particular game at this point in time, you have them installed and Anet has no way of knowing if you ever plan to use them in the future, so out you go. Hopefully in 6 months you will either have learned your lesson and uninstalled said programs or moved on to other games which is no big loss to the rest of us.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Do you have knives in your kitchen?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > It was never about owning the knife! it was about having the knife with you whilst playing. Its not against the law to have one in the home but If you leave your home with a knife and get searched whether it was used or not it's still intent and an offence.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > uhm... no. You can't punish me for having knife in my pocket until I actually use it commiting a crime. Just like cheatengine. Well they know some people used it. But they didn't check if it was used to modify GW2.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Actually you can be punished for having a knife in your pocket, it's called an arrest on possession of weapons. It is illegal to carry a weapon without a good reason and it's illegal to carry a banned weapon so your metaphor isn't really working for you there ;)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It is not illegal to carry a knife in your pocket everywhere. And not all knives are illegal even in places which restrict some blades (such as by length).

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Its not even illegal, everywhere, to have a gun in your pocket (so long as you have a concealed carry license).

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > actually that depends on the type of knife, e.g in britain it is in fact illegal to carry certain types of knives. so think of illegal types of knives = processes specifically design to cheat and your golden.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Exactly why I pointed out, not everywhere.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Something that often gets overlooked on these forums is that we are a multinational community with widely differing local laws.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > yup and multi nationally most people will consider a sword as a weapon (for e.g) and not a utensil for picking your teeth.

> > > > > > most people will agree that the probability is high that a cheater using a cheating program and running a cheating program alongside GW2 on multiple occasions will in fact be a cheater in GW2. Its not rocket science.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sure, feel free to make assumptions and "convict" based on circumstantial evidence. I firmly believe that the vast majority banned got what they deserved, and that some of the false positives will be fixed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Someone said that it is illegal to have a knife in your pocket, I reminded them that this is not always the case. You then, essentially, parroted my own statement back at me.

> > > >

> > > > its called banned knives/ the law.

> > > >

> > > > I will say it again, what do you people want, a more intrusive data gathering or enough that you make a decision with a high probability of accuracy with a recovery mechanism to corrrect errors after, what do you want? its easy to bluster without a meaningful solution.

> > > >

> > >

> > > "You people"

> > >

> > > Do you mean people who know that knives are not illegal everywhere?

> > >

> > > Perhaps people who believe that those banned most likely deserved it?

> > >

> > > Perhaps people who understand that the information used to support the ban represents circumstantial evidence?

> >

> > its a simple question for those willing to answer it:

> >

> > more data gathering = more accuracy

> > less data gathering = less accuracy

> > or do what they do just now.

> >

> > what do you think?

>

> > > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Solidius.5146" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I generally have no sympathy for people who cheat in any game, i just don't see the need to risk your account on any game that you love to maybe make things slightly easier for yourself but anger other players in the process and put your friends accounts in danger if they play with you on a regular basis and get caught up in your ban. I do not count dps meters as cheating or mods that change your UI and as you can see, neither do Anet. As a company they do what they need to do to make sure their game is fair for everyone and if that means monitoring the programs running on my system then I don't mind, it's not like they are hunting for any information worth keeping that could be damaging to my identity or online safety. If you use cheat programs then you deserve to get banned, even if you weren't using them in this particular game at this point in time, you have them installed and Anet has no way of knowing if you ever plan to use them in the future, so out you go. Hopefully in 6 months you will either have learned your lesson and uninstalled said programs or moved on to other games which is no big loss to the rest of us.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Do you have knives in your kitchen?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > It was never about owning the knife! it was about having the knife with you whilst playing. Its not against the law to have one in the home but If you leave your home with a knife and get searched whether it was used or not it's still intent and an offence.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > uhm... no. You can't punish me for having knife in my pocket until I actually use it commiting a crime. Just like cheatengine. Well they know some people used it. But they didn't check if it was used to modify GW2.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Actually you can be punished for having a knife in your pocket, it's called an arrest on possession of weapons. It is illegal to carry a weapon without a good reason and it's illegal to carry a banned weapon so your metaphor isn't really working for you there ;)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It is not illegal to carry a knife in your pocket everywhere. And not all knives are illegal even in places which restrict some blades (such as by length).

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Its not even illegal, everywhere, to have a gun in your pocket (so long as you have a concealed carry license).

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > actually that depends on the type of knife, e.g in britain it is in fact illegal to carry certain types of knives. so think of illegal types of knives = processes specifically design to cheat and your golden.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Exactly why I pointed out, not everywhere.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Something that often gets overlooked on these forums is that we are a multinational community with widely differing local laws.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > yup and multi nationally most people will consider a sword as a weapon (for e.g) and not a utensil for picking your teeth.

> > > > > > most people will agree that the probability is high that a cheater using a cheating program and running a cheating program alongside GW2 on multiple occasions will in fact be a cheater in GW2. Its not rocket science.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sure, feel free to make assumptions and "convict" based on circumstantial evidence. I firmly believe that the vast majority banned got what they deserved, and that some of the false positives will be fixed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Someone said that it is illegal to have a knife in your pocket, I reminded them that this is not always the case. You then, essentially, parroted my own statement back at me.

> > > >

> > > > its called banned knives/ the law.

> > > >

> > > > I will say it again, what do you people want, a more intrusive data gathering or enough that you make a decision with a high probability of accuracy with a recovery mechanism to corrrect errors after, what do you want? its easy to bluster without a meaningful solution.

> > > >

> > >

> > > "You people"

> > >

> > > Do you mean people who know that knives are not illegal everywhere?

> > >

> > > Perhaps people who believe that those banned most likely deserved it?

> > >

> > > Perhaps people who understand that the information used to support the ban represents circumstantial evidence?

> >

> > its a simple question for those willing to answer it:

> >

> > more data gathering = more accuracy

> > less data gathering = less accuracy

> > or do what they do just now.

> >

> > what do you think?

>

> But who are the, "you people," you directed at me in your previous post?

>

> Also a simple question.

no actually you are attempting to attack the poster rather than answer a question that cuts to the heart of this thread - WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT ANET TO DO

more FACTS gathered, less FACTS gathered or as they do just now.

what do you want anet to do, why is this such a hard question?

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

>

> > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Solidius.5146" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I generally have no sympathy for people who cheat in any game, i just don't see the need to risk your account on any game that you love to maybe make things slightly easier for yourself but anger other players in the process and put your friends accounts in danger if they play with you on a regular basis and get caught up in your ban. I do not count dps meters as cheating or mods that change your UI and as you can see, neither do Anet. As a company they do what they need to do to make sure their game is fair for everyone and if that means monitoring the programs running on my system then I don't mind, it's not like they are hunting for any information worth keeping that could be damaging to my identity or online safety. If you use cheat programs then you deserve to get banned, even if you weren't using them in this particular game at this point in time, you have them installed and Anet has no way of knowing if you ever plan to use them in the future, so out you go. Hopefully in 6 months you will either have learned your lesson and uninstalled said programs or moved on to other games which is no big loss to the rest of us.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Do you have knives in your kitchen?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It was never about owning the knife! it was about having the knife with you whilst playing. Its not against the law to have one in the home but If you leave your home with a knife and get searched whether it was used or not it's still intent and an offence.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > uhm... no. You can't punish me for having knife in my pocket until I actually use it commiting a crime. Just like cheatengine. Well they know some people used it. But they didn't check if it was used to modify GW2.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Actually you can be punished for having a knife in your pocket, it's called an arrest on possession of weapons. It is illegal to carry a weapon without a good reason and it's illegal to carry a banned weapon so your metaphor isn't really working for you there ;)

> > > > >

> > > > > It is not illegal to carry a knife in your pocket everywhere. And not all knives are illegal even in places which restrict some blades (such as by length).

> > > > >

> > > > > Its not even illegal, everywhere, to have a gun in your pocket (so long as you have a concealed carry license).

> > > >

> > > > actually that depends on the type of knife, e.g in britain it is in fact illegal to carry certain types of knives. so think of illegal types of knives = games specifically design to cheat and your golden.

> > >

> > > But cheat engine isn't just for cheating in games. The police will investigate further e.g ask why you have the knife on you and if you have a good reason e.g on the way home from work they will understand and you can move on

> >

> > no, in britain certain knives are illegal and intent is irrelevant. You run a program called i love bunnies that counts cute bunnies for you alongside GW2 and your fine. If you run a process that is specifically designed to cheat alongside GW2, then there is a high probability you cheat at games.

>

> Not in my experience with police in the UK. But again cheat engine isn't specifically designed to cheat in games, a lot of people use it with CEMU (Game emulator) to change the FPS lock or target in the games they are emulating. Now if someone was playing with their emulator while waiting for a world boss to spawn or something else they have been banned when they were doing nothing wrong.

>

> This is why ANET should've taken more time and invested each account caught with cheat engine individually nothing was stopping them from doing that.

Then you may want to take a look at knife law in UK.. size matters is all I'm saying, why do you think there is an age restriction on the sale on that kind of stuff..

As for looking.. they have and its not just about cheat engine, but this has developed into a complete S J W crusade and likely to create that smokescreen when the facts are simple ANET used methods and processes to detect hackers and cheats, and snagged some - it was not based on guesswork and that's the bottom line.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > more obtrusive data gathering than Anet does now and more accuracy

> > > >

> > > > or

> > > >

> > > > less obtrusive data gathering and less accuracy

> > > >

> > > > or what they are doing now.

> > > >

> > > > WHAT DO YOU WANT?

> > >

> > > I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

> >

> > HOW EXACTLY?

> >

> > more FACTS, less FACTS or as they do just now?

>

> What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

data, facts ,information, evidence. HOW do you want Anet to prove guilt 100%?

> @"Jinks.2057" said:

> They installed spyware onto our computers on March 6th and then removed it on March 27th. It collected EVERYTHING and sent it back to Anet.

They installed software that used the existing Windows API to collect data. The "spyware" is Windows.

> Are you going to tell me that they 100% secured that kitten?

I said nothing of the sort.

> This company who time and time again proves their incompetence?

I'm confused. You think they are competent enough to give them your payment information, but not competent enough to secure data?

> That stuff is linked to my account, my payment history, my address, etc, etc, etc.

You've confused several things.

* ANet has payment data stored in one place.

* It collected software information that is already exposed to Microsoft (and other companies that installed various software on your machine).

* At ANet, that info was collated with your account.

* There's no evidence whatsoever that anything in the payment database was involved. Not even the redditor alleging incautious data collection has alleged this.

> Imagine signing a contract that allows employer to utilize your skills in any way they want. After 6 years you come into work today and find out that you are going to be a prostitute for the day.

I'm sure you can come up with an analogy that is actually relevant to the discussion.

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > more obtrusive data gathering than Anet does now and more accuracy

> > > > >

> > > > > or

> > > > >

> > > > > less obtrusive data gathering and less accuracy

> > > > >

> > > > > or what they are doing now.

> > > > >

> > > > > WHAT DO YOU WANT?

> > > >

> > > > I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

> > >

> > > HOW EXACTLY?

> > >

> > > more FACTS, less FACTS or as they do just now?

> >

> > What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

>

> data, facts ,information, evidence. HOW do you want Anet to prove guilt 100%?

The system they had before was fine, they used to use in game logs and then watch players while invisible to gather evidence as they watched them use hacks.

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Solidius.5146" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I generally have no sympathy for people who cheat in any game, i just don't see the need to risk your account on any game that you love to maybe make things slightly easier for yourself but anger other players in the process and put your friends accounts in danger if they play with you on a regular basis and get caught up in your ban. I do not count dps meters as cheating or mods that change your UI and as you can see, neither do Anet. As a company they do what they need to do to make sure their game is fair for everyone and if that means monitoring the programs running on my system then I don't mind, it's not like they are hunting for any information worth keeping that could be damaging to my identity or online safety. If you use cheat programs then you deserve to get banned, even if you weren't using them in this particular game at this point in time, you have them installed and Anet has no way of knowing if you ever plan to use them in the future, so out you go. Hopefully in 6 months you will either have learned your lesson and uninstalled said programs or moved on to other games which is no big loss to the rest of us.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Do you have knives in your kitchen?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > It was never about owning the knife! it was about having the knife with you whilst playing. Its not against the law to have one in the home but If you leave your home with a knife and get searched whether it was used or not it's still intent and an offence.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > uhm... no. You can't punish me for having knife in my pocket until I actually use it commiting a crime. Just like cheatengine. Well they know some people used it. But they didn't check if it was used to modify GW2.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Actually you can be punished for having a knife in your pocket, it's called an arrest on possession of weapons. It is illegal to carry a weapon without a good reason and it's illegal to carry a banned weapon so your metaphor isn't really working for you there ;)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It is not illegal to carry a knife in your pocket everywhere. And not all knives are illegal even in places which restrict some blades (such as by length).

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Its not even illegal, everywhere, to have a gun in your pocket (so long as you have a concealed carry license).

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > actually that depends on the type of knife, e.g in britain it is in fact illegal to carry certain types of knives. so think of illegal types of knives = processes specifically design to cheat and your golden.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Exactly why I pointed out, not everywhere.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Something that often gets overlooked on these forums is that we are a multinational community with widely differing local laws.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > yup and multi nationally most people will consider a sword as a weapon (for e.g) and not a utensil for picking your teeth.

> > > > > > > most people will agree that the probability is high that a cheater using a cheating program and running a cheating program alongside GW2 on multiple occasions will in fact be a cheater in GW2. Its not rocket science.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sure, feel free to make assumptions and "convict" based on circumstantial evidence. I firmly believe that the vast majority banned got what they deserved, and that some of the false positives will be fixed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Someone said that it is illegal to have a knife in your pocket, I reminded them that this is not always the case. You then, essentially, parroted my own statement back at me.

> > > > >

> > > > > its called banned knives/ the law.

> > > > >

> > > > > I will say it again, what do you people want, a more intrusive data gathering or enough that you make a decision with a high probability of accuracy with a recovery mechanism to corrrect errors after, what do you want? its easy to bluster without a meaningful solution.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > "You people"

> > > >

> > > > Do you mean people who know that knives are not illegal everywhere?

> > > >

> > > > Perhaps people who believe that those banned most likely deserved it?

> > > >

> > > > Perhaps people who understand that the information used to support the ban represents circumstantial evidence?

> > >

> > > its a simple question for those willing to answer it:

> > >

> > > more data gathering = more accuracy

> > > less data gathering = less accuracy

> > > or do what they do just now.

> > >

> > > what do you think?

> >

> > > > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Solidius.5146" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I generally have no sympathy for people who cheat in any game, i just don't see the need to risk your account on any game that you love to maybe make things slightly easier for yourself but anger other players in the process and put your friends accounts in danger if they play with you on a regular basis and get caught up in your ban. I do not count dps meters as cheating or mods that change your UI and as you can see, neither do Anet. As a company they do what they need to do to make sure their game is fair for everyone and if that means monitoring the programs running on my system then I don't mind, it's not like they are hunting for any information worth keeping that could be damaging to my identity or online safety. If you use cheat programs then you deserve to get banned, even if you weren't using them in this particular game at this point in time, you have them installed and Anet has no way of knowing if you ever plan to use them in the future, so out you go. Hopefully in 6 months you will either have learned your lesson and uninstalled said programs or moved on to other games which is no big loss to the rest of us.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Do you have knives in your kitchen?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > It was never about owning the knife! it was about having the knife with you whilst playing. Its not against the law to have one in the home but If you leave your home with a knife and get searched whether it was used or not it's still intent and an offence.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > uhm... no. You can't punish me for having knife in my pocket until I actually use it commiting a crime. Just like cheatengine. Well they know some people used it. But they didn't check if it was used to modify GW2.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Actually you can be punished for having a knife in your pocket, it's called an arrest on possession of weapons. It is illegal to carry a weapon without a good reason and it's illegal to carry a banned weapon so your metaphor isn't really working for you there ;)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It is not illegal to carry a knife in your pocket everywhere. And not all knives are illegal even in places which restrict some blades (such as by length).

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Its not even illegal, everywhere, to have a gun in your pocket (so long as you have a concealed carry license).

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > actually that depends on the type of knife, e.g in britain it is in fact illegal to carry certain types of knives. so think of illegal types of knives = processes specifically design to cheat and your golden.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Exactly why I pointed out, not everywhere.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Something that often gets overlooked on these forums is that we are a multinational community with widely differing local laws.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > yup and multi nationally most people will consider a sword as a weapon (for e.g) and not a utensil for picking your teeth.

> > > > > > > most people will agree that the probability is high that a cheater using a cheating program and running a cheating program alongside GW2 on multiple occasions will in fact be a cheater in GW2. Its not rocket science.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sure, feel free to make assumptions and "convict" based on circumstantial evidence. I firmly believe that the vast majority banned got what they deserved, and that some of the false positives will be fixed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Someone said that it is illegal to have a knife in your pocket, I reminded them that this is not always the case. You then, essentially, parroted my own statement back at me.

> > > > >

> > > > > its called banned knives/ the law.

> > > > >

> > > > > I will say it again, what do you people want, a more intrusive data gathering or enough that you make a decision with a high probability of accuracy with a recovery mechanism to corrrect errors after, what do you want? its easy to bluster without a meaningful solution.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > "You people"

> > > >

> > > > Do you mean people who know that knives are not illegal everywhere?

> > > >

> > > > Perhaps people who believe that those banned most likely deserved it?

> > > >

> > > > Perhaps people who understand that the information used to support the ban represents circumstantial evidence?

> > >

> > > its a simple question for those willing to answer it:

> > >

> > > more data gathering = more accuracy

> > > less data gathering = less accuracy

> > > or do what they do just now.

> > >

> > > what do you think?

> >

> > But who are the, "you people," you directed at me in your previous post?

> >

> > Also a simple question.

>

> no actually you are attempting to attack the poster rather than answer a question that cuts to the heart of this thread - WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT ANET TO DO

>

> more FACTS gathered, less FACTS gathered or as they do just now.

>

> what do you want anet to do, why is this such a hard question?

You are the one who said you people. I have not commented on you personally at all. I am asking for clarification of a statement. A post, not the poster.

What was meant by the, "you people," comment directed at me?

"You people," not, "this post," was said. Please clarify what was meant by directing a comment of that sort at me.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> >

> > > > > > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Solidius.5146" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I generally have no sympathy for people who cheat in any game, i just don't see the need to risk your account on any game that you love to maybe make things slightly easier for yourself but anger other players in the process and put your friends accounts in danger if they play with you on a regular basis and get caught up in your ban. I do not count dps meters as cheating or mods that change your UI and as you can see, neither do Anet. As a company they do what they need to do to make sure their game is fair for everyone and if that means monitoring the programs running on my system then I don't mind, it's not like they are hunting for any information worth keeping that could be damaging to my identity or online safety. If you use cheat programs then you deserve to get banned, even if you weren't using them in this particular game at this point in time, you have them installed and Anet has no way of knowing if you ever plan to use them in the future, so out you go. Hopefully in 6 months you will either have learned your lesson and uninstalled said programs or moved on to other games which is no big loss to the rest of us.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Do you have knives in your kitchen?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It was never about owning the knife! it was about having the knife with you whilst playing. Its not against the law to have one in the home but If you leave your home with a knife and get searched whether it was used or not it's still intent and an offence.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > uhm... no. You can't punish me for having knife in my pocket until I actually use it commiting a crime. Just like cheatengine. Well they know some people used it. But they didn't check if it was used to modify GW2.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Actually you can be punished for having a knife in your pocket, it's called an arrest on possession of weapons. It is illegal to carry a weapon without a good reason and it's illegal to carry a banned weapon so your metaphor isn't really working for you there ;)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It is not illegal to carry a knife in your pocket everywhere. And not all knives are illegal even in places which restrict some blades (such as by length).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Its not even illegal, everywhere, to have a gun in your pocket (so long as you have a concealed carry license).

> > > > >

> > > > > actually that depends on the type of knife, e.g in britain it is in fact illegal to carry certain types of knives. so think of illegal types of knives = games specifically design to cheat and your golden.

> > > >

> > > > But cheat engine isn't just for cheating in games. The police will investigate further e.g ask why you have the knife on you and if you have a good reason e.g on the way home from work they will understand and you can move on

> > >

> > > no, in britain certain knives are illegal and intent is irrelevant. You run a program called i love bunnies that counts cute bunnies for you alongside GW2 and your fine. If you run a process that is specifically designed to cheat alongside GW2, then there is a high probability you cheat at games.

> >

> > Not in my experience with police in the UK. But again cheat engine isn't specifically designed to cheat in games, a lot of people use it with CEMU (Game emulator) to change the FPS lock or target in the games they are emulating. Now if someone was playing with their emulator while waiting for a world boss to spawn or something else they have been banned when they were doing nothing wrong.

> >

> > This is why ANET should've taken more time and invested each account caught with cheat engine individually nothing was stopping them from doing that.

>

> Then you may want to take a look at knife law in UK.. size matters is all I'm saying, why do you think there is an age restriction on the sale on that kind of stuff..

>

> As for looking.. they have and its not just about cheat engine, but this has developed into a complete S J W crusade and likely to create that smokescreen when the facts are simple ANET used methods and processes to detect hackers and cheats, and snagged some - it was not based on guesswork and that's the bottom line.

They did not look into it deep enough like i quoted to you earlier

>. 1516 accounts were suspended because we detected that the accounts were running Guild Wars 2 at the same time as one or more of the following programs

Just because a user has cheat engine open doesn't mean they are using it maliciously.

Its not just about the information being taken, its about what they do with it. Steam and Blizzard never ban anyone for having a program installed in their PC. Emphasis on never. _Never_.

EA is as bad as Anet, so there is no point in discussing them here. Either way, Anet's breach of privacy AND what they did afterwards sets them apart form others, not just the act of using spyware. In fact if Blizzard or steam did this, it would cause an outrage and rightfully so. Anet is too small for that.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > They installed spyware onto our computers on March 6th and then removed it on March 27th. It collected EVERYTHING and sent it back to Anet.

> They installed software that used the existing Windows API to collect data. The "spyware" is Windows.

>

> > Are you going to tell me that they 100% secured that kitten?

> I said nothing of the sort.

>

> > This company who time and time again proves their incompetence?

> I'm confused. You think they are competent enough to give them your payment information, but not competent enough to secure data?

>

> > That stuff is linked to my account, my payment history, my address, etc, etc, etc.

> You've confused several things.

> * ANet has payment data stored in one place.

> * It collected software information that is already exposed to Microsoft (and other companies that installed various software on your machine).

> * At ANet, that info was collated with your account.

> * There's no evidence whatsoever that anything in the payment database was involved. Not even the redditor alleging incautious data collection has alleged this.

>

> > Imagine signing a contract that allows employer to utilize your skills in any way they want. After 6 years you come into work today and find out that you are going to be a prostitute for the day.

> I'm sure you can come up with an analogy that is actually relevant to the discussion.

>

>

Windows was already on (most of) our computers. If windows was all they needed to act as "spyware" then why covertly install anything else.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > >

> > > > or

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

> >

> > HOW EXACTLY?

> >

>

> What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

Again.. please enlighten us as to how you arrived at that assumption stop feeding off other posters assumptions and provide your evidence to show how your investigation has proven your conspiracy theory here.

If ANET have just banned players without any kind of due process and due diligence and you can prove that then put your money where your conspiracy theories sit and go full angry mode.

Otherwise its just you pushing heresay and conjecture out for effect.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > >

> > > > or

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > HOW EXACTLY?

> >

>

It absolutely is.

> @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > or

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

> > >

> > > HOW EXACTLY?

> > >

> >

> > What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

>

> It absolutely is.

Nope as ANET themselves said "have other, more benign uses."

> @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > or

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > HOW EXACTLY?

> > >

> >

>

> It absolutely is.

indeed. What was the probable intent (to a high level of probability) and using cheating programs means an extremely high probability you are in fact a cheater.

Being able to make informed decisions about player behavior on a client pc requires access to client pc information. Either Anet have gathered too much, too little or just enough. getting heated here so i'm out to cooldown, if peopleare going to dodge simple simple questions like that to win arguments on a thread then you will get nowhere.

for the record, im happy Anet does what they do and have no problems if the gather more because i trust that the intent is in fact to remove cheaters.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > or

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > HOW EXACTLY?

> > >

> >

>

> Again.. please enlighten us as to how you arrived at that assumption stop feeding of other posters assumptions and provide your evidence to show how your investigation has proven your conspiracy theory here.

> If ANET have just banned players without any kind of due process and due diligence and you can prove that then put your money where your conspiracy theories sit and go full angry mode.

> Otherwise its just you pushing heresay and conjecture out for effect.

The fact that they deleted their tweet about the bans and amateurishly revealed their method of detection speaks volumes. Also Anet has the slowest support reply time of all MMOs and they said "no appeals" meaning they did no due diligence or process, or they would be open to share it. They already revealed their method, not that it was hidden, other people realized their method sooner than their announcement.