Account suspension discussion [merged]

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

Actually, it is. Anet owns the accounts, you simply pay for access to them. They can do what they will with them, even if they SUSPECT people are doing something, including remove your access for however long they like.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > more obtrusive data gathering than Anet does now and more accuracy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > or

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > less obtrusive data gathering and less accuracy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > or what they are doing now.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > WHAT DO YOU WANT?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

> > > > >

> > > > > HOW EXACTLY?

> > > > >

> > > > > more FACTS, less FACTS or as they do just now?

> > > >

> > > > What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

> > >

> > > See my post from about an hour before:

> > > "If people would understand that ArenaNet is not obligated to prove that anyone was cheating in order to ban them, this thread would be 20% smaller."

> > >

> > > They don't need evidence. They need to want to ban/suspend you, nothing else. They wanted to suspend people having cheat software active while playing their game. They did. Story over. No justification needed.

> > >

> > > As an unrelated note, about the weird "data security" discussion which popped up despite having nothing to do with the process scanning of the PC: Purchases of gems and even the game are made via DigitalRiver. I doubt that ArenaNet even has your payment info when you buy something. Also, they don't need your personal info, address, age, or whatever you may fear might be stolen. All you are to them is an accountname. Or do you remember having to give them any of that info when making your account? Because I sure do not.

> >

> > So if ANET banned you tomorrow you would be perfectly fine with that?

> >

> Irrelevant as I am not having any cheatsoftware open that they would want to ban for. I don't care for hypothetical scenarios that people always bring up when it comes to discussions about actions against cheaters (it is totally the same with discussions about afk farmers)

> >

> > Cheat engine is not inherently used for cheating as anet admitted themselves "those programs have other, more benign uses."

> Irrelevant. You can also not argue that you want to buy a tank and use it to drive to work because you feel safer in it and it can be used "for other, more benign uses" than war. Nor can you argue that you want to enter an airplane with a bread knife in your hands, although that knife was not even made for any evil purpose. All that matters is that the state doesn't want tanks on the street, airlines don't want people with knives on their planes and ArenaNet does not want people in their game who have these programs open while playing.

>

>

The airline is not the passenger's private property.

The public street is not the user's private property.

Your computer IS your private property.

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > more obtrusive data gathering than Anet does now and more accuracy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > or

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > less obtrusive data gathering and less accuracy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > or what they are doing now.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > WHAT DO YOU WANT?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

> > > > >

> > > > > HOW EXACTLY?

> > > > >

> > > > > more FACTS, less FACTS or as they do just now?

> > > >

> > > > What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

> > >

> > > See my post from about an hour before:

> > > "If people would understand that ArenaNet is not obligated to prove that anyone was cheating in order to ban them, this thread would be 20% smaller."

> > >

> > > They don't need evidence. They need to want to ban/suspend you, nothing else. They wanted to suspend people having cheat software active while playing their game. They did. Story over. No justification needed.

> > >

> > > As an unrelated note, about the weird "data security" discussion which popped up despite having nothing to do with the process scanning of the PC: Purchases of gems and even the game are made via DigitalRiver. I doubt that ArenaNet even has your payment info when you buy something. Also, they don't need your personal info, address, age, or whatever you may fear might be stolen. All you are to them is an accountname. Or do you remember having to give them any of that info when making your account? Because I sure do not.

> >

> > So if ANET banned you tomorrow you would be perfectly fine with that?

> >

> Irrelevant as I am not having any cheatsoftware open that they would want to ban for. I don't care for hypothetical scenarios that people always bring up when it comes to discussions about actions against cheaters (it is totally the same with discussions about afk farmers)

> >

> > Cheat engine is not inherently used for cheating as anet admitted themselves "those programs have other, more benign uses."

> Irrelevant. You can also not argue that you want to buy a tank and use it to drive to work because you feel safer in it and it can be used "for other, more benign uses" than war. Nor can you argue that you want to enter an airplane with a bread knife in your hands, although that knife was not even made for any evil purpose. All that matters is that the state doesn't want tanks on the street, airlines don't want people with knives on their planes and ArenaNet does not want people in their game who have these programs open while playing.

>

>

> > Irrelevant as I am not having any cheatsoftware open that they would want to ban for. I don't care for hypothetical scenarios that people always bring up when it comes to discussions about actions against cheaters (it is totally the same with discussions about afk farmers)

You don't care for hypothetical scenarios because it shows how flawed your stance is.

If ANET decide tomorrow to ban all users for razer synapapse, corsair cue and any other macro/keyboard software because it has the potential to be used to make rule breaking macros. The banned players would be rightly upset and would ask why didn't anet investigate further to see if they were actually abusing features.

>

I can legally buy a tank in the UK as long as i use rubber treads so i don't damage the roads because people do use tanks for display/collection purposes. I can enter a plane with a butter knife on my carry on bag because again the airlines understand it has other uses.

> @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > > > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Nezekan.2671" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > more obtrusive data gathering than Anet does now and more accuracy

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > or

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > less obtrusive data gathering and less accuracy

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > or what they are doing now.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > WHAT DO YOU WANT?

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > HOW EXACTLY?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > more FACTS, less FACTS or as they do just now?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Again.. please enlighten us as to how you arrived at that assumption stop feeding of other posters assumptions and provide your evidence to show how your investigation has proven your conspiracy theory here.

> > > > > > > > > > If ANET have just banned players without any kind of due process and due diligence and you can prove that then put your money where your conspiracy theories sit and go full angry mode.

> > > > > > > > > > Otherwise its just you pushing heresay and conjecture out for effect.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The fact that they deleted their tweet about the bans and amateurishly revealed their method of detection speaks volumes. Also Anet has the slowest support reply time of all MMOs and they said "no appeals" meaning they did no due diligence or process, or they would be open to share it. They already revealed their method, not that it was hidden, other people realized their method sooner than their announcement.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Here you go again making baseless accusations.. share that proof they have the slowest support reply times of any MMO.. not that it is in anyway related to this topic.

> > > > > > > > How does saying "no appeals" prove they did no due process or diligence".. if you have worked in that area for as long as I have you would absolutely be thinking to make such a statement they must of gone through due process and due diligence.

> > > > > > > > I am sure if you can put a case together will real facts and evidence ANET will likely share what they did and found and how the decision was arrived at, but that's between you and them. However, of course if you are indeed still found to be "less than upstanding" I would fully support ANET putting that out here for us all to see.

> > > > > > > > What they revealed was something, but they would never in a million years disclose everything about their detection methods, criteria, process etc.. that would be just plain stupid on their part and the hackdevs would have a field day rushing to revise their hacks quicker than they already are/have..

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Wake up, they already have. They can never catch cheaters again with this method. As we speak, the hackers are improving their tools to counter this sort of detection.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have played quite a bit of MMOs, none of them have average response time of 7 days. If you know of one, I'm all years. Even if you do, their response times are still quite long. Much longer than acceptable levels.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The fact that they lied initially with their suspensions speaks volumes. Their initial response did not mention they banned everyone who merely had this applications. There goes the transparency and honesty.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They have made mistakes in the past, big ones, when it comes to bans, yet they have the audacity to claim they are absolutely right and don't allow appeals. Its ultimately ab a bad policy and not something you'd expect from someone who have done their homework. Its obvious from how they handled the situation already.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > OMG.. so your basing your facts on your own gaming experience of support... hmm thinking about that i could assume you have quite the support history there ...i will hold that thought.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Of course the hackdevs are fixing their own hacks its what they do.. its a game of cat and mouse, which is why its a timely and expensive game to play.. believe it or not its not my first rodeo either.

> > > > > > So your saying ANET lied now... based on - yip your assumptions and those of others pleading innocents.. we already went from you only using arcdps/taco, your friend not being competent to find, install and use such application but infact has to now you both having cheat engine and anet are now lying.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yep agree ANET have made mistakes, I am someone that likes to point that out from time to time but that does not mean they have here just because a few alt accounts of banned players are getting revoked and a lot of heresay.I could say you have made some glaringly big mistakes all through this thread .. for anet to actually make such a definitive statement of no appeals suggests they have done their homework and arrived at the answers and your one of those answers.. so climb out of that deep hole and put a factually correct and honest case together and I bet you will be back in game sooner than you think.. or maybe not if anet prove to you otherwise.

> > > > > > Eitherway I don't care if your out for 6 months or back in playing again cos you proved you were right, but I wish you all the best if you try.

> > > > >

> > > > > Its not hard to make a simple search about support response times in GW2. You will get loads of complaints both on this websites and elsewhere.

> > > > >

> > > > > Doesn't mean Anet is not an amateur in revealing their detection method. Because they are.

> > > > >

> > > > > And yes, I don't care. I either want a full refund or my account back because I did not do anything wrong. You are the one who looks silly by white knighting questionable ethics and policies.

> > > >

> > > > Your repetitive and derogatory use of "white knighting" reminds me of the 7th grade bully who beats up the 5th grader and then threatens him and calls him a "tattletale" if he dares report the misdeeds to an adult. "It's ok for me to beat you up but it's not ok for you to tell anyone".

> > > >

> > > > Or in this case, "it's ok for me to cheat but it's not ok for you to defend the actions that got me banned for cheating".

> > > >

> > > > Anet says you were running a cheating program at the same time as you were running gw2, over a period of weeks. You insist you *never* did. Guess what. I believe Anet. I emphatically do not believe you.

> > >

> > > You remind me of the people that blindly believe the police are right when they shoot innocent people

> >

> > In fact I am quite skeptical of some police, particularly in the American South, and have seen many examples of police abusing their authority and using far more violence than a situation warranted.

> >

> > And yet my logical brain is looking at many of the arguments made by those protesting their innocence and becoming more convinced with every post that they are in fact guilty as sin. Someone that has downloaded one or more cheat engines to cheat in other games has no credibility with me whatsoever, if you're willing to cheat in other games you are willing to cheat in gw2. I don't buy the "I only used this cheat engine for legitimate, non-cheating uses, never cheated with it." Not in the slightest.

>

> Cheating in single player games is in fact VERY legitimate.

"cheating" is never legitimate, by the very definition of the word. I don't and never have cheated in any single-player game, and the mindset that endorses cheating is one that will not hesitate to lie and step on whomever they desire to get what they want.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

>

> > What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

>

> Actually, it is. Anet owns the accounts, you simply pay for access to them. They can do what they will with them, even if they SUSPECT people are doing something, including remove your access for however long they like.

>

That doesn't make it okay. If someone hacks your account and cheats then you get banned because ANET didn't bother checking ip addresses and said the ban is final. You would be perfectly fine with that?

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> >

> > > What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

> >

> > Actually, it is. Anet owns the accounts, you simply pay for access to them. They can do what they will with them, even if they SUSPECT people are doing something, including remove your access for however long they like.

> >

>

> That doesn't make it okay.

Um, no, but they can ... and you agree to it when you play this game. It's not about if I'm 'fine' with it. I'm pretty sure that most people that did cheat aren't 'fine' with being banned .. but what does that matter? It's completely irrevelant if a player is 'fine' with Anet taking action on their own assets in the game.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

>

> > What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

>

> Actually, it is. Anet owns the accounts, you simply pay for access to them. They can do what they will with them, even if they SUSPECT people are doing something, including remove your access for however long they like.

>

Bingo. Sadly, that's how it works in MMO world. They don't even have to give you a reason. It's their intellectual property. We're just renting the space for lack of a better term. And they can boot you at any time for any reason or no reason.

I don't like it either, but it happens all the time in the gaming world.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> >

> > > What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

> >

> > Actually, it is. Anet owns the accounts, you simply pay for access to them. They can do what they will with them, even if they SUSPECT people are doing something, including remove your access for however long they like.

> >

>

> Bingo. Sadly, that how it works in MMO world. They don't even have to give you a reason. It's their intellectual property. We're just renting the space for lack of a better term. And they can boot you at any time for any reason or no reason.

>

> I don't like it, but it happens all the time in the gaming world.

And sadly, that's how it must work .. unless we want to give Game Dev companies MUCH more access to our computers or have much higher security requirements and software restrictions imposed on us.

Too bad spyware is just a term used for all kinds of stuff and does not have an "legal definition", nor is there any law that would allow anyone prosecute someone for "spyware" because then the term spyware would have to be defined clearly. Anyone can call anything "spyware" if he feels he is being spied on. By the way, wikipedia is not a source for legally binding information.

Also, let me give you a few definitions for spyware that I found using google in just 2 minutes on various websites:

-Ohne, dass Sie es überhaupt mitbekommen, sammeln Firmen so Daten über Ihre Vorlieben, Ihr Surfverhalten und andere persönliche Daten, um Ihnen gezielt Werbung und Produkte anbieten zu können. (Without your knowledge, companies collect data about your preferences, surf history and other personal data to show targetted ads to you or make targetted product offers)

-Spyware zielt ausschließlich darauf ab, Identitätsdaten zu stehlen, die auf einem Rechner oder Mobilgerät gespeichert sind. (Spyware is aimed exclusively to steal data about your identity that are stored on your computer or mobile device)

-Sie sammelt Informationen über ihr Surf-Verhalten, den Browserverlauf oder persönliche Angaben wie z. B. Kreditkartendaten (It collects data about your browsing behaviour, browser history or personal data like e.g. credit card data)

Oh look - everyone thinks it does something else than scan processes for known cheating software. How odd.

I say nothing should be allowed.. slippery slope allowing particular third party programs to influence the game or viewing anything. I'm sure many won't agree with me but I hope anet keeps it up. Like we need the toxic DPS meters and gear viewers around anyway it's already an issue dealing with people in this game.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > On a side note, this is now the biggest and longest thread for the New Forums. Congrats! :)

>

> The hottest maybe, but it's currently in 5th place and counting. This is the largest thread:

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14758/official-mount-adoption-feedback-thread-merged

Oh snap. I had no idea there was that much drama with mounts! LOL My bad. :)

all i can say is good riddance. if you had the program running, any of them, at the same time the GW2.exe was going, you cant prove that you werent using it just like they cant prove you were.

The point is... if you had those cheat programs running, you either knew how to cheat and didnt, or you were straight up cheating period.

end of story.

Thank you anet for finally showing some concern

> @"trueanimus.4085" said:

> all i can say is good riddance. if you had the program running, any of them, at the same time the GW2.exe was going, you cant prove that you werent using it just like they cant prove you were.

>

> The point is... if you had those cheat programs running, you either knew how to cheat and didnt, or you were straight up cheating period.

>

> end of story.

>

> Thank you anet for finally showing some concern

Yes you can

> I already outlined one way they could have used to determine whether or not the Cheat Engine process is attached to the Guild Wars 2 process by simply checking the handles the Cheat Engine process has open. So there are definitely ways to figure it out. It would take less than 15 minutes to implement and can be done in probably less than 20 lines of code as well. So this is not at all some kind of technical limitation.

ANET were just sloppy, made assumptions and banned innocent people.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > > > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > > > more obtrusive data gathering than Anet does now and more accuracy

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > or

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > less obtrusive data gathering and less accuracy

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > or what they are doing now.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > WHAT DO YOU WANT?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I want ANET to actually investigate accounts properly which we know they already have the tools to do instead of just making wild accusations based on assumptions

> > > > > >

> > > > > > HOW EXACTLY?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > more FACTS, less FACTS or as they do just now?

> > > > >

> > > > > What facts? Suspending for a user for having cheat engine open without evidence of them using it maliciously is not a good enough reason to ban users.

> > > >

> > > > See my post from about an hour before:

> > > > "If people would understand that ArenaNet is not obligated to prove that anyone was cheating in order to ban them, this thread would be 20% smaller."

> > > >

> > > > They don't need evidence. They need to want to ban/suspend you, nothing else. They wanted to suspend people having cheat software active while playing their game. They did. Story over. No justification needed.

> > > >

> > > > As an unrelated note, about the weird "data security" discussion which popped up despite having nothing to do with the process scanning of the PC: Purchases of gems and even the game are made via DigitalRiver. I doubt that ArenaNet even has your payment info when you buy something. Also, they don't need your personal info, address, age, or whatever you may fear might be stolen. All you are to them is an accountname. Or do you remember having to give them any of that info when making your account? Because I sure do not.

> > >

> > > So if ANET banned you tomorrow you would be perfectly fine with that?

> > >

> > Irrelevant as I am not having any cheatsoftware open that they would want to ban for. I don't care for hypothetical scenarios that people always bring up when it comes to discussions about actions against cheaters (it is totally the same with discussions about afk farmers)

> > >

> > > Cheat engine is not inherently used for cheating as anet admitted themselves "those programs have other, more benign uses."

> > Irrelevant. You can also not argue that you want to buy a tank and use it to drive to work because you feel safer in it and it can be used "for other, more benign uses" than war. Nor can you argue that you want to enter an airplane with a bread knife in your hands, although that knife was not even made for any evil purpose. All that matters is that the state doesn't want tanks on the street, airlines don't want people with knives on their planes and ArenaNet does not want people in their game who have these programs open while playing.

> >

> >

>

> The airline is not the passenger's private property.

> The public street is not the user's private property.

>

> Your computer IS your private property.

To which you granted ArenaNet access. If you do not wish to grant them access you can revoke the agreement at any time, with the result of them no longer giving you access to the game.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> @"trueanimus.4085" said:

> all i can say is good riddance. if you had the program running, any of them, at the same time the GW2.exe was going, you cant prove that you werent using it just like they cant prove you were.

>

> The point is... if you had those cheat programs running, you either knew how to cheat and didnt, or you were straight up cheating period.

>

> end of story.

>

> Thank you anet for finally showing some concern

That's the reason why people are standing up for this, They cant prove anything just banning off assumption, as people have stated Cheat engine has other different uses. Have you never alt tabbed and gone done something else while GW2 was on? I'm sure plenty of people have. I'm all up for banning hackers and all but your dragging some innocent players along with it and losing trust with the player base.They need to investigate with cheat engine cases, as for the other program like that GW2MHRexe hacking software should be banned on the spot as it's very clear its for hacking GW2.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

>

> Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong.

I put that under the category of a no-brainer. If you have to be told not to run a cheat program while playing an MMO, then there's nothing more to say. Given that players were suspended while running a cheat program and running Guild Wars 2 at the same time . . . well . . . again, I put that under the category of a no-brainer.

Sorry, but I'm finding this line of argument rather ridiculous.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> It raises more questions because you are basically admitting you have no evidence of people cheating but detected they have the program open at the same time which according to you is good enough reason to ban users for 6 months.

Why shouldn't it be good enough reason? How many people realistically play an MMO and have a cheat engine running in the background, but aren't cheating? None.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Hello,

>

> I wanted to be sure that folks who are following or participating in this thread are aware that we've provided a lot of additional information this evening in [this post](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/476255/#Comment_476255 "this thread"). I hope that in reading that update, you'll find your questions are answered.

Thank you for clearing up that it was **not** Taco or ArcDPS :) I know there are a lot of people that appreciate that, and now don't have to worry about being banned for using one of those addons

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

>

> Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> @"Kasdwer.3721" said:

> > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> >

>

> The Guy even said himself that the anti cheat programm collects the Data from your RAM only (the current programms that are active at the same time when gw2 is played)

> looking only through your RAM is allowed, Warden (the anti cheat solution from Blizzard for WoW) and VAC (Valve Anti Cheat) does the same thing.

Exactly. People are always prone to panic when they don't understand the technical side of something.