Is the Deep Sea Dragon already dead?

WillS.1367

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > I'm honestly expecting the DSD corruption to look a lot like Davy Jone's crew and ship from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

>

> That's more or less what the orrian risen take inspiration from though. Their bodies all covered in corals (and in the concept art, a bunch of crustacean sea creatures melded into their body).

That's not dragon corruption though, that's just bodies being on the seabed. I wouldn't say it's quite the same because they're less fish people (like Davy Jones' crew) and more just have coral and lichens growing on them.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Secretly, I’m hoping that Cantha as a nation will be the villain.

> The Canthans are very nationalistic, and adaptive. They could’ve reached a level of technology that puts shame to the Asura, and maybe they even tamed the DSD, or killed it, and are using it, or its body, as a power source.

> Then the Canthans are so developed they want to share their gifts with the start, so they start invading Tyria.

> Meanwhile, in the expansion trailer, we’ll see Suun, shaking his head “this is exactly the skritt why we had to leave the previous realm. I’m not saving you again”

I could see them as villains, but closer to imperial Japan rather than super advanced. Steers too close to Scarlet for me.

> @"WillS.1367" said:

> Ive been doing a bit of research and recently I noticed a few odd things with how the elder dragons are portrayed. Now this is all speculation so it could be totally wrong but after doing some research im gonna conclude that each elder dragon has its own assigned territory. However, say one elder dragon dies and another takes its power, that elder dragon could take the other elder dragons land. How much land an elder dragon has claimed plays into its size. I got this idea first from zhaitan. Hes about the size of 3 tequetls. Zhaitan had control or orr and that was about it. This is why i think he was so small. However, mordremoth had consumed zhaitans territory and had maguumas territory. This is why he was so large. Kralkatorich is giant though. Kralkatoriks heads alone is the size of about 3 shatterers or 1 zhaitan. He had claimed all other territorys. The deep sea dragon has about 3 times the size of terria in land since he owns the unending ocean. This in mind, how is it that he hasnt awakened. We havent seen any of his minions yet either. If hes 3 times the size of kralkatorik and never awakened i get the feeling he could possibly be dead. It may also explain why we know so little about him.

Note: Mordremoth was most active in the Maguuma, but it had control over plants literally all over the (known) world. It was, literally, "all the plants".

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > Ive been doing a bit of research and recently I noticed a few odd things with how the elder dragons are portrayed. Now this is all speculation so it could be totally wrong but after doing some research im gonna conclude that each elder dragon has its own assigned territory. However, say one elder dragon dies and another takes its power, that elder dragon could take the other elder dragons land. How much land an elder dragon has claimed plays into its size. I got this idea first from zhaitan. Hes about the size of 3 tequetls. Zhaitan had control or orr and that was about it. This is why i think he was so small. However, mordremoth had consumed zhaitans territory and had maguumas territory. This is why he was so large. Kralkatorich is giant though. Kralkatoriks heads alone is the size of about 3 shatterers or 1 zhaitan. He had claimed all other territorys. The deep sea dragon has about 3 times the size of terria in land since he owns the unending ocean. This in mind, how is it that he hasnt awakened. We havent seen any of his minions yet either. If hes 3 times the size of kralkatorik and never awakened i get the feeling he could possibly be dead. It may also explain why we know so little about him.

>

> Note: Mordremoth was most active in the Maguuma, but it had control over plants literally all over the (known) world. It was, literally, "all the plants".

Where did you get that info from?

He's likely referring to how Canach claims Mordremoth "is the jungle" yet we see Mordremoth's corruption in Iron Marches and Timberland Falls. However, the mistake is that Mordremoth does not control any plant but those that were corrupted (so certainly not "literally all over the world" known world or not).

Mordremoth's reach, and extended body, did span across Central Tyria in the short year that it was awake, but it didn't control any plant anywhere just as Zhaitan didn't control any corpse anywhere.