Please Overhaul Raids.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> Come on Tex, you stated before that the normal mode gets everything and an easy mode would get nothing.

> So I guess we just continue the pattern with.

> No.

I'll wait for you guys who strictly want the rewards to understand that it's not going to happen.

The only way you're going to get said rewards is to play raids in their current iteration.

As i've already stated, even if Anet caters to giving you guys an "Easy Mode" which is highly unlikely already you can kiss any notions away that pertain to getting raid specifc loot. They will go with what works and is consistent across this game. Easier Modes get less rewards or as already proven by infantile mode of SAB no access whatsover to mode specific skins.

I do not understand why you two specifically cannot comprehend this.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > Come on Tex, you stated before that the normal mode gets everything and an easy mode would get nothing.

> > So I guess we just continue the pattern with.

> > No.

>

> I'll wait for you guys who strictly want the rewards to understand that it's not going to happen.

Better get a comfy chair, your in for a wait.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> gw2 raids already is among the easiest in the mmo market and the whole point of raids was difficult content that isn't for everybody.

>

> tldr: no

What? You say that there is a content that isn't for everyone but people paid for it? You say that in game that claims to be made for everyone there is something not for everyone?

I'm going to stop visiting those topics really. I know what would happens. Arena.NET early or soon will make more casual version of raids just like any other game out there did made or revamp hard content, I juts hope it won't be too late.

Point is raids are easy but GW2 has attracted specific kind of people that don't have the time to wipe for 4 hours to clear 1 boss. Why I say raids are easy, you may ask, I remember dungeons in other games that would took us 3-4 days (8 hours of gameplay each day) juts to pass 1st boss.

But again community in GW2 is specific and Anet will have to reconsider.

Just don't be late Arena.NET please.

> @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > > > > So I'd say raids are absolutely puggable and quite casual indeed. Just relax, command your own groups, invite a couple friends if you like.

> > > >

> > > > But sounds like effort. Complaining on forums is easier.

> > >

> > > Same old raider rhetoric, you fail to understand that the issue is the _style_ of instance the current raiding represents, ALL other AAA mmorpg and raiding communities have accepted this and moved on, they get what is good for the game, not just personal needs by a minority. The majority are not interested in the wipe/learn a pattern/wipe/learn a pattern style of instance.

> >

> > And that's fine. The raids are created for those interested. And that's also fine. It's called "diversity". *This* is good for the game. Because it doesn't offer a binary "eiter-or" choice. It gives both groups something to enjoy, as opposed to giving just one of them. And again, what *this* game offers to its casual playerbase is **vastly** superior in quantity.

>

> yes thats fine..for raiders, its however diversity for a niche not the majority. Your basically arguing to screw PVE players if they dont raid - well sorry, every other significant gamestyle in GW has legendary armor, so should the majority of PVE players, not just raiders. Imagine they introduced 'legendary++ content that was only available to players who invested thousands of hours in a new housing/crafting meta game - would raiders be happy then, oooh no.

Once again, the game modes are 3: pvp, wvw and pve. Your artificial distinction between pve and raids is only there because you want to make it. What's next, dungeon legendary armor, Queensdale legendary armor? You can make as many artificial distinctions like that as you like. All sharing the same lack of relevance.

> @"belognom.3685" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > gw2 raids already is among the easiest in the mmo market and the whole point of raids was difficult content that isn't for everybody.

> >

> > tldr: no

>

> What? You say that there is a content that isn't for everyone but people paid for it? You say that in game that claims to be made for everyone there is something not for everyone?

There's no such thing as "something for everyone". The game can *ONLY* be for everyone if it offered *different* content for *different* players. There's no way you can make content that is appealing to casual and hardcore alike, it is literally impossible. The players in these two groups have vastly different expectations and they enjoy vastly different experiences. So yeah, there will *always* be content that isn't for you in a game you paid for, when the game is this big. In fact, there is often content not for you in even much smaller games. Achievement hunting and secrets being the most obvious examples.

But consider GW2. WvW players paid same as everyone else, and there are a lot of them genuinely uninterested in anything PvE. So there's good... what... 80% of the game? 90%?... which *isn't* for them and never will be. You can't force them to like something, just like someone else can't force you to like raids. Just accept the facts, play what you like and have fun. Is that so hard?

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> I'll wait for you guys who strictly want the rewards to understand that it's not going to happen.

Ok. They say the Sun will envelope the Earth in a few billion years. Game'll probably be shut down by then anyway.

>The only way you're going to get said rewards is to play raids in their current iteration.

Yeah, and the only way to get Arah armor will be to farm Arah.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> There's no such thing as "something for everyone". The game can ONLY be for everyone if it offered different content for different players.

But nobody is disputing that hard raids can be for people who want hard raids, all we're asking for is easy raids for people who want easy raids *too.*

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > There's no such thing as "something for everyone". The game can ONLY be for everyone if it offered different content for different players.

>

> But nobody is disputing that hard raids can be for people who want hard raids, all we're asking for is easy raids for people who want easy raids *too.*

>

>

>

No, all you're asking for is shortcuts to the rewards. If all you wanted were easier instances, you'd be playing low-tier fractals and not ever bother coming here. Because that's what low-tier fractals *are* - low-to-no-effort instances. And don't give me that crap about wanting the story or whatnot. This only matters the first time. After that it's "same old, same old". You go there, you bash some monsters, you take some loot. That's all there is to it. What distinguishes raids is the bashing process is usually more convoluted, but that's precisely what you want to get rid of. So there.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> No, all you're asking for is shortcuts to the rewards.

Nope. That's libel.

>If all you wanted were easier instances, you'd be playing low-tier fractals and not ever bother coming here.

True, but all I want is *not* easier instances, it's easier *raids.*

I keep asking, but so far nobody has pointed me to which low-tier Fractal has Sabetha in it.

>Because that's what low-tier fractals are - low-to-no-effort instances.

There are obviously similarities, but equally obviously differences. The differences matter to me.

>And don't give me that crap about wanting the story or whatnot. This only matters the first time.

Doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

>After that it's "same old, same old". You go there, you bash some monsters, you take some loot. That's all there is to it. What distinguishes raids is the bashing process is usually more convoluted, but that's precisely what you want to get rid of. So there.

They're different experiences though, different encounters, different settings, different loot. Why do they even bother to make multiple Fractals if apparently any Fractal is no different than any other? Wouldn't it be simpler to just have one Fractal? Why have multiple Raid encounters, if one is all Feabor, Arbiter of What Content Matters, has deemed that only one encounter is needed? Why isn't it all just VG all the time? And don't tell me that "story matters," because they could just have a different short story play prior to every VG fight.

I think we've just saved ANet a lot of time crafting Raid Wings 6-10, it can just all be Vale Guardian, all the way down.

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > > > > So I'd say raids are absolutely puggable and quite casual indeed. Just relax, command your own groups, invite a couple friends if you like.

> > > >

> > > > But sounds like effort. Complaining on forums is easier.

> > >

> > > Same old raider rhetoric, you fail to understand that the issue is the _style_ of instance the current raiding represents, ALL other AAA mmorpg and raiding communities have accepted this and moved on, they get what is good for the game, not just personal needs by a minority. The majority are not interested in the wipe/learn a pattern/wipe/learn a pattern style of instance.

> >

> > And that's fine. The raids are created for those interested. And that's also fine. It's called "diversity". *This* is good for the game. Because it doesn't offer a binary "eiter-or" choice. It gives both groups something to enjoy, as opposed to giving just one of them. And again, what *this* game offers to its casual playerbase is **vastly** superior in quantity.

>

> yes thats fine..for raiders, its however diversity for a niche not the majority. Your basically arguing to screw PVE players if they dont raid - well sorry, every other significant gamestyle in GW has legendary armor, so should the majority of PVE players, not just raiders. Imagine they introduced 'legendary++ content that was only available to players who invested thousands of hours in a new housing/crafting meta game - would raiders be happy then, oooh no.

Well they introduces aurora. Not all raiders enjoy open world (like me). They introduced legendary weapons and not every raider enjoy map completion either (like me). You can buy them for gold and you cannot buy legendary armor... Oh wait, you can. Thats what raidselling is for.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> They're different experiences though

Yes, they *are* different experiences. But they are different experiences precisely because of the stuff you want to get rid of. Take away the differences in the fight mechanics - which you *will* need if you're to make it easy enough for your liking - and it ceases to be all that different. Note also the very same thing makes the instances different from one another. They feature different mechanics and they involve different gameplay. Both things that cannot meaningfully exist in a faceroll environment. Because there's just one gameplay there - the faceroll.

> The gaming community is older now , people know what raids are about, and don't find this style attractive anymore. Bear in mind some have raided for 10s of thousands of hours, wiping over and over to learn a pattern gets dull fast. Normal mode raids offers a totally different experience where things are a lot more relaxed and fun - that's what gaming is about.

Do not generalize. I am 35 (thus my reflexes are not the same as a 25 year old), working a 9-5 job and play the whole game (not just raiding) on average 2 hours per day at the most. Yet i have 400+li, legendary armor and killed all cm but dhuum. If a 35 year old can do this with an average of 2 hours per day then the current difficulty is normal at best.

The only effort i ever made for this is to learn rotations on the golem and try to socialize in-game with people that i actually enjoy playing with. Everything else came naturally while playing the game. That is the issue of accessibility that raiding has. People often do not know where to start using only in-game means. Thus an easy mode will not change that. It will only create extra problems. If you want better accessibility you need to demand for better QoL changes. Not easy modes.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > They're different experiences though

>

> Yes, they *are* different experiences. But they are different experiences precisely because of the stuff you want to get rid of.

You KNOW FOR A FACT that what you say here is not true, and yet you repeat it.

I've made very clear what I want to see out of an easy mode raid, and you KNOW FOR A FACT that this would include content that does not appear outside of raids. I want the *punishments* for failing mechanics to be reduced, but I want the mechanics *themselves* to remain as intact as possible. I want the environments and bosses from the raids, just with reduced penalties for making mistakes, and lowered expectations about how finely tuned the group comp would be. It would still look and feel very much like the existing raids, more like the existing raids than they would *any other content in the game.*

All they would lack is that hardcore challenge aspect, which is something that you and many other raiders value very much, and that's fine, and you have the existing raids to satisfy that, but it is not a factor that is valued by the target audience of the easy mode raid, and is thus inconsequential to their evaluation of the mode.

Disagree with me all you like about the necessity of my goals, but please stop disrespecting *yourself* by lying about my position.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > They're different experiences though

> >

> > Yes, they *are* different experiences. But they are different experiences precisely because of the stuff you want to get rid of.

>

> You KNOW FOR A FACT that what you say here is not true, and yet you repeat it.

>

> I've made very clear what I want to see out of an easy mode raid, and you KNOW FOR A FACT that this would include content that does not appear outside of raids. I want the *punishments* for failing mechanics to be reduced, but I want the mechanics *themselves* to remain as intact as possible. I want the environments and bosses from the raids, just with reduced penalties for making mistakes, and lowered expectations about how finely tuned the group comp would be. It would still look and feel very much like the existing raids, more like the existing raids than they would *any other content in the game.*

>

> All they would lack is that hardcore challenge aspect, which is something that you and many other raiders value very much, and that's fine, and you have the existing raids to satisfy that, but it is not a factor that is valued by the target audience of the easy mode raid, and is thus inconsequential to their evaluation of the mode.

>

> Disagree with me all you like about the necessity of my goals, but please stop disrespecting *yourself* by lying about my position.

Raids feel different from the rest of the game because they are more punishing for mistakes. Remove it and it feels like the rest of the game. Look is different, feeling the same.

You can complete most bosses with almost any composition. You need someone who tanks (can actually be any class, doesn't need to be a chronomancer) and 1-2 people that heal the party (Elementalist, Druid, Revenant, Guardian). And people that actually do damage and don't just tickle the boss. But all classes do enough damage to kill the boss way before the timer.

You don't need a meta composition or complete glass build DPS. Timers are lenient enough especially after PoF.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> I know for a fact what I said is true.

You know what they say about the 13th stroke of a clock.

> @"Miellyn.6847" said:

>Raids feel different from the rest of the game because they are more punishing for mistakes. Remove it and it feels like the rest of the game. Look is different, feeling the same.

That is your subjective opinion of what a raid means *to you.* I do not dispute that in any way, believe what you want to believe as it relates to yourself. I am not trying to take any of that away from you, as the existing raids would remain intact. Just understand that there are players who *don't* feel that way, who see merits to the existing raids *beyond* that challenge factor, and who would *appreciate* the raids as unique, interesting content *without* that challenge factor. They are the target audience of an easy mode, *not* people who would agree with you on that position.

>You can complete most bosses with almost any composition. You need someone who tanks (can actually be any class, doesn't need to be a chronomancer) and 1-2 people that heal the party (Elementalist, Druid, Revenant, Guardian). And people that actually do damage and don't just tickle the boss. But all classes do enough damage to kill the boss way before the timer.

What you *can* do and what a random pug is *likely* to do are two completely different things. You *can* complete Super Metroid in under a half hour. If they had even a one hour hard timer on completing the game, most of the people who played and enjoyed it would not have played it, or would have hated it if they had. Easy mode is designed around *likely* player behavior and capabilities, not around peak potential. That's the domain of hard mode.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> I want the *punishments* for failing mechanics to be reduced, but I want the mechanics *themselves* to remain as intact as possible.

That's simply impossible, the mechanics cannot remain intact and at the same time have reduced penalties for failing because the penalty for failing is part of the mechanic. In many cases (not all of course), once there are reduced penalties for failing the mechanic is completely different. Especially if the mechanics are so easy that can be beaten by a random set of 10 people in one or two tries. That by definition excludes 99% of Raid mechanics from the game leaving just giant sacks of hp that tickle you when you hit them.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > > > I like the idea where they get nothing personally.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just like SAB infantile mode doesnt give you unique loot. This way all the people who complain about wanting access can have their access and those who want loot can go get loot in normal mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > The difference is, we aren't asking for Infantile mode, we';re asking for normal mode. The current mode is only Tribulation mode. If the raids were balanced like SAB it wouldn't be an issue.

> > > >

> > > > It is a normal mode. Challenge motes are the trib mode.

> > >

> > @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > That's not my experience as a guild and raid leader - we get loads of new players into this guild and we introduce many people into raiding. Some people are just not interested in raids as a whole - these same people dont care for group play much in general - but the rest of them have had good experiences learning to raid with the rest of us. Guess we just know how to enjoy wiping ;)

>

> Yeah, and that's ok if you do. Just don't go in with the expectation that *everyone* is like that, and that what works for you *should* work for them just as well. Don't try to convert people to your way of thinking, accept them for who *they* are and try to figure out what would make *them* happy, knowing that it would be different than what would make *you* happy.

Not everyone is like that, sure. But I can assure that everyone I have ran raids with are happy. Nobody is forced to join raids, they do so on their own initiative, and tell me they had a blast. Seems like you are in a very small minority, or you have never had a good experience running with a group in raids. Experiences can vary greatly depending on whether you enjoy the company.

None of this justifies the need for easy modes. There is no "everyone are happy" -solution for this. It also takes effort from YOU to make raids enjoyable content for yourself - it is not all on the devs.

> @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > > > > > So I'd say raids are absolutely puggable and quite casual indeed. Just relax, command your own groups, invite a couple friends if you like.

> > > > >

> > > > > But sounds like effort. Complaining on forums is easier.

> > > >

> > > > Same old raider rhetoric, you fail to understand that the issue is the _style_ of instance the current raiding represents, ALL other AAA mmorpg and raiding communities have accepted this and moved on, they get what is good for the game, not just personal needs by a minority. The majority are not interested in the wipe/learn a pattern/wipe/learn a pattern style of instance.

> > >

> > > And that's fine. The raids are created for those interested. And that's also fine. It's called "diversity". *This* is good for the game. Because it doesn't offer a binary "eiter-or" choice. It gives both groups something to enjoy, as opposed to giving just one of them. And again, what *this* game offers to its casual playerbase is **vastly** superior in quantity.

> >

> > yes thats fine..for raiders, its however diversity for a niche not the majority. Your basically arguing to screw PVE players if they dont raid - well sorry, every other significant gamestyle in GW has legendary armor, so should the majority of PVE players, not just raiders. Imagine they introduced 'legendary++ content that was only available to players who invested thousands of hours in a new housing/crafting meta game - would raiders be happy then, oooh no.

>

> Well they introduces aurora. Not all raiders enjoy open world (like me). They introduced legendary weapons and not every raider enjoy map completion either (like me). You can buy them for gold and you cannot buy legendary armor... Oh wait, you can. Thats what raidselling is for.

Dear god man, how did ever get through the personal story and map completion? Why did you install the game in the first place?

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> If y’all are just seeking raids and extreme challenge, why play GW2??? There are better games that suit your skill,your challenging raiding content, much more then this game ever will. Go head over to WoW and final fantasy for all your raiding needs.

No, because the combat system is so much better here in GW2 and actually I like the game as it is now.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> If y’all are just seeking raids and extreme challenge, why play GW2??? There are better games that suit your skill,your challenging raiding content, much more then this game ever will. Go head over to WoW and final fantasy for all your raiding needs.

Extreme challenge? o___O

Raids in GW2 are SUPER accessible, sure they are not all easy but they do not require a lot of practice. There's no one boss in GW2 raids that could be considered "extreme challenge" lol.

Also what the hell? Are you so entitled that you think that this game belongs to you? To your type of player? Raids are GW2 too, get over it.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

Can i exchange the same sentiment ?

Pretty sure hello kitty online has all your casual and handout needs.

But that's neither here nor there is it.

Guild Wars at its core has always had content that didn't appeal to everyone be it PvP, Dungeons, Raids, Fractals etc...Even GW1 had this with their dungeons. Right now we are exactly at the same state GW1 was at. We have a Normal mode and Challenge modes (hard mode) the only difference here is Hard Mode isn't actually as rewarding as it could be because unlike in GW1 our current Hard Modes are a 1-off affair with 1 time rewards.

So i still have to question why you guys are complaining when we have history saying this company will not change its practices, there will be no easy mode because just like in GW1 they want the experience to be meaningful.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > > > > > > So I'd say raids are absolutely puggable and quite casual indeed. Just relax, command your own groups, invite a couple friends if you like.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But sounds like effort. Complaining on forums is easier.

> > > > >

> > > > > Same old raider rhetoric, you fail to understand that the issue is the _style_ of instance the current raiding represents, ALL other AAA mmorpg and raiding communities have accepted this and moved on, they get what is good for the game, not just personal needs by a minority. The majority are not interested in the wipe/learn a pattern/wipe/learn a pattern style of instance.

> > > >

> > > > And that's fine. The raids are created for those interested. And that's also fine. It's called "diversity". *This* is good for the game. Because it doesn't offer a binary "eiter-or" choice. It gives both groups something to enjoy, as opposed to giving just one of them. And again, what *this* game offers to its casual playerbase is **vastly** superior in quantity.

> > >

> > > yes thats fine..for raiders, its however diversity for a niche not the majority. Your basically arguing to screw PVE players if they dont raid - well sorry, every other significant gamestyle in GW has legendary armor, so should the majority of PVE players, not just raiders. Imagine they introduced 'legendary++ content that was only available to players who invested thousands of hours in a new housing/crafting meta game - would raiders be happy then, oooh no.

> >

> > Well they introduces aurora. Not all raiders enjoy open world (like me). They introduced legendary weapons and not every raider enjoy map completion either (like me). You can buy them for gold and you cannot buy legendary armor... Oh wait, you can. Thats what raidselling is for.

>

> Dear god man, how did ever get through the personal story and map completion? Why did you install the game in the first place?

>

Well they could have gone into wvw or spvp from level 2 so why would they have had to map complete or personal story at all?

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > > > > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > > > > > > So I'd say raids are absolutely puggable and quite casual indeed. Just relax, command your own groups, invite a couple friends if you like.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But sounds like effort. Complaining on forums is easier.

> > > > >

> > > > > Same old raider rhetoric, you fail to understand that the issue is the _style_ of instance the current raiding represents, ALL other AAA mmorpg and raiding communities have accepted this and moved on, they get what is good for the game, not just personal needs by a minority. The majority are not interested in the wipe/learn a pattern/wipe/learn a pattern style of instance.

> > > >

> > > > And that's fine. The raids are created for those interested. And that's also fine. It's called "diversity". *This* is good for the game. Because it doesn't offer a binary "eiter-or" choice. It gives both groups something to enjoy, as opposed to giving just one of them. And again, what *this* game offers to its casual playerbase is **vastly** superior in quantity.

> > >

> > > yes thats fine..for raiders, its however diversity for a niche not the majority. Your basically arguing to screw PVE players if they dont raid - well sorry, every other significant gamestyle in GW has legendary armor, so should the majority of PVE players, not just raiders. Imagine they introduced 'legendary++ content that was only available to players who invested thousands of hours in a new housing/crafting meta game - would raiders be happy then, oooh no.

> >

> > Well they introduces aurora. Not all raiders enjoy open world (like me). They introduced legendary weapons and not every raider enjoy map completion either (like me). You can buy them for gold and you cannot buy legendary armor... Oh wait, you can. Thats what raidselling is for.

>

> Dear god man, how did ever get through the personal story and map completion? Why did you install the game in the first place?

>

Now who's trying to impose their own views onto *everyone* playing the game?