WvW Commanders rule: no Ranger, Druid, Dragonhunter, Scrapper, etc

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > Wvw has become a 2 to 4 class game 2 classes war (spell braker) and mez are not as needed as the core scorge and fire brain.

>

> Those damned scorges, firebrains, and spellbrakers! So much more OP than relevants, seoulbests and halosmites.

>

> Anyway, its incorrect.

>

> Zerging is still GRN meta with a sentimental touch of warrior (easily replaced by another guardian) and a few circumstantials like a dps ele (easily replaced by another necro). Its not really a 2 to 4 class game, its a 3 class game and randoms. Been so since HoT.

In organized groups you realty are seeing ranger drop off yes ppl still are playing ranger but you will not see them in any thing but the "trash groups." Wvw has nearly become a 2 class game mood.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

>

> They should just make all squads open, then nobody has any issues. I mean if they are rude in squad, no need to kick just block and report.

>

> What kind of commander can you be if you refuse to lead everyone who wants to be part of the open world content that is wvw while enjoying the benefits of a squad.

They should just make all guilds open, then nobody has any issues. I mean if they are rude in guild, no need to kick just block and report.

What kind of guildleader can you be if you refuse to lead everyone who wants to be part of the open world content that is wvw while enjoying the benefits of a guild.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> >

> > They should just make all squads open, then nobody has any issues. I mean if they are rude in squad, no need to kick just block and report.

> >

> > What kind of commander can you be if you refuse to lead everyone who wants to be part of the open world content that is wvw while enjoying the benefits of a squad.

>

> They should just make all guilds open, then nobody has any issues. I mean if they are rude in guild, no need to kick just block and report.

>

> What kind of guildleader can you be if you refuse to lead everyone who wants to be part of the open world content that is wvw while enjoying the benefits of a guild.

>

I'm fine with closed squads in wvw as long as its entirely comprised of guild members, but as soon as you need pugs, it should be open to all.

Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

As in life, management and leadership are two very different things.

And if you're thinking, 'Well, yes, I'm a leader!' then.. more than likely, you are not.

And to be clear - most of those that wear the Commander tag are managers, plain and simple. Leadership is a quality that's much rarer.

On the rare occasions I do WvW, I'm careful to enter with a solider's mentality: Bring what is needed, be malleable, and if you don't feel like changing, _prove_ yourself by doing good with the class of your choosing. I look at WvW as I do a war strategy game, you wouldn't want a sniper to be handed a sword and be told to hit the enemy from several hundred meters away; that's unreasonable and I believe the greater good should be figured into the overall strategy, including taking a chance. No one likes losing, some more than others, but a surefire way to do so is to shutoff potential because of a certain play-style (read: If it's Meta, chances are advances and retreats will be planned out with almost a hive-mind mentality. ) I think people should prove themselves valuable, that means others need to keep an open mind and _allow_ those people to prove themselves. Then again, I don't play WvW too often because of anxiety and whatever.

(also my keyboard is buggering out! rawr!)

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

only you don't get the benefits of being in the squad, so it does almost no good to "follow a tag."

> > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

>

> only you don't get the benefits of being in the squad, so it does almost no good to "follow a tag."

> > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

>

> only you don't get the benefits of being in the squad, so it does almost no good to "follow a tag."

Well have never been told to not follow none seem to have trouble with my frontline heal druid ,works for me and works for them as for benefits I get satisfaction that I am healing and they survivng so that floats my boat all good. Reward enough

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

> >

> > only you don't get the benefits of being in the squad, so it does almost no good to "follow a tag."

>

> > > Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

> >

> > only you don't get the benefits of being in the squad, so it does almost no good to "follow a tag."

>

> Well have never been told to not follow none seem to have trouble with my frontline heal druid ,works for me and works for them as for benefits I get satisfaction that I am healing and they survivng so that floats my boat all good. Reward enough

Yah you don't get tag credit and you are lowest priority for buffs, so less survivability.

> > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > > Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

> > >

> > > only you don't get the benefits of being in the squad, so it does almost no good to "follow a tag."

> >

> > > > Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

> > >

> > > only you don't get the benefits of being in the squad, so it does almost no good to "follow a tag."

> >

> > Well have never been told to not follow none seem to have trouble with my frontline heal druid ,works for me and works for them as for benefits I get satisfaction that I am healing and they survivng so that floats my boat all good. Reward enough

>

> Yah you don't get tag credit and you are lowest priority for buffs, so less survivability.

"tag credit" only person who gets tag credit is the person who has the tag.

> @"Fremtid.3528" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > > > Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

> > > >

> > > > only you don't get the benefits of being in the squad, so it does almost no good to "follow a tag."

> > >

> > > > > Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

> > > >

> > > > only you don't get the benefits of being in the squad, so it does almost no good to "follow a tag."

> > >

> > > Well have never been told to not follow none seem to have trouble with my frontline heal druid ,works for me and works for them as for benefits I get satisfaction that I am healing and they survivng so that floats my boat all good. Reward enough

> >

> > Yah you don't get tag credit and you are lowest priority for buffs, so less survivability.

>

> "tag credit" only person who gets tag credit is the person who has the tag.

Tag credit on mobs not recognition from other players for being a commander.

> > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > >

> >

> > >

> >

> > Well have never been told to not follow none seem to have trouble with my frontline heal druid ,works for me and works for them as for benefits I get satisfaction that I am healing and they survivng so that floats my boat all good. Reward enough

>

> Yah you don't get tag credit and you are lowest priority for buffs, so less survivability.

You still get credit for tagging players /mobs if you aren’t in a Squad, trust me I get it all the time on my character and I don’t run in Zerg Squads, this applies to Players and NPCs alike.

> > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > >

> >

> > >

> >

>

So you are wanting to leech buffs from others playing the most effective tactical advantage profession while you are not playing one of those professions?

> @"Avelione.6075" said:

> It's been bugging me for a while now. GW2 is a social game but do commanders have right to tell people which profession should they play?? I'm a semi-casual player though many times I get pretty good in WvW and PvP.

> And in WvW some of the commanders just straightforward tell you that they don't want this and that class. Which I think is unfair because from my point of view is like... I paid for/chose this game and I play as I please. I'd rather look for a different commander than play with someone who tells me which character I should play. I'm "lucky" enough that I have all the professions playable (but 4-5 of them are my mains). What about people who have no such profession?? It sucks!

>

> If a commander wishes to have only certain professions in his/hers squad, he/she should organize a squad from their guild/friends, etc that would go for their rules.

> THIS IS A THING THAT REALLY NEEDS SOME KIND OF TECHNICAL SOLUTION!!

>

> (Or commanders stop being so picky ;p)

do what i did, i got the tag made an all thief squad and we roamed like naruto characters 10 of us in stealth rotating a perma invis via discord deleting any scouts we found...those were the days lol

You could just... Not give a damn and run alongside them anyway, squad be damned. You really don't need to be in the squad, the only reason you would is if the commander has set up specific teams to optimize boon-sharing, healing/buffing and damage depending on which line the class is in. They can't stop you from playing the gamemode anywhere you want.

If you still want to help and you won't be let into the squad, just play long enough and you'll learn quasi-mindreading, so you don't need direct communication to follow orders either, so there goes the need for squad-chat/discord/ts, out the window.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> >

> > They should just make all squads open, then nobody has any issues. I mean if they are rude in squad, no need to kick just block and report.

> >

> > What kind of commander can you be if you refuse to lead everyone who wants to be part of the open world content that is wvw while enjoying the benefits of a squad.

>

> They should just make all guilds open, then nobody has any issues. I mean if they are rude in guild, no need to kick just block and report.

>

> What kind of guildleader can you be if you refuse to lead everyone who wants to be part of the open world content that is wvw while enjoying the benefits of a guild.

>

First, WvW isn't open world content.

Second, that would work great for PvE raids too..............exactly, it wouldn't. Guild leaders aren't going to have an open squad for a PvE raid. Why should WvW be different?

This has been said many times, by many people. There are guild leaders/commanders who lead closed raids with specific comps, some who lead pug raids with whatever class you want to bring, and those that do both, depending on their guilds' schedule. Instead of trying to force everyone to play YOUR way how about hanging out in WvW and doing some research on the commanders that are leading your worlds, and find the ones that play your way already.

Getting a little old seeing all these "I wanna do what I want...why can't everybody do what I want" threads. Got news for you, those commanders/guild leaders paid for their game and are playing with people that also paid for the game, and, get this, like to play their way. We have all founds guilds that like to play OUR way, and it's fun. I suggest people quit trying to force their fun on people that don't think their way is fun.

> @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > >

> > > They should just make all squads open, then nobody has any issues. I mean if they are rude in squad, no need to kick just block and report.

> > >

> > > What kind of commander can you be if you refuse to lead everyone who wants to be part of the open world content that is wvw while enjoying the benefits of a squad.

> >

> > They should just make all guilds open, then nobody has any issues. I mean if they are rude in guild, no need to kick just block and report.

> >

> > What kind of guildleader can you be if you refuse to lead everyone who wants to be part of the open world content that is wvw while enjoying the benefits of a guild.

> >

>

> First, WvW isn't open world content.

>

> Second, that would work great for PvE raids too..............exactly, it wouldn't. Guild leaders aren't going to have an open squad for a PvE raid. Why should WvW be different?

>

> This has been said many times, by many people. There are guild leaders/commanders who lead closed raids with specific comps, some who lead pug raids with whatever class you want to bring, and those that do both, depending on their guilds' schedule. Instead of trying to force everyone to play YOUR way how about hanging out in WvW and doing some research on the commanders that are leading your worlds, and find the ones that play your way already.

>

> Getting a little old seeing all these "I wanna do what I want...why can't everybody do what I want" threads. Got news for you, those commanders/guild leaders paid for their game and are playing with people that also paid for the game, and, get this, like to play their way. We have all founds guilds that like to play OUR way, and it's fun. I suggest people quit trying to force their fun on people that don't think their way is fun.

Wvw is open content, because it is not a private closed instance lol.

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > >

> > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Well have never been told to not follow none seem to have trouble with my frontline heal druid ,works for me and works for them as for benefits I get satisfaction that I am healing and they survivng so that floats my boat all good. Reward enough

> >

> > Yah you don't get tag credit and you are lowest priority for buffs, so less survivability.

>

> So you are wanting to leech buffs from others playing the most effective tactical advantage profession while you are not playing one of those professions?

How do you know what profession I play? How do you know I'm leeching? For all you know the commanders aren't even good that I play with and they are leeching off of my skill. Or perhaps I'm a commander myself and do great. You make a lot of assumptions.

Commanders have the right to tell anyone what they want (as long as it doesn't break the code of content). They are also allowed to lock their squads and allow people in their choosing....

But they are also allowed to get them and their squad repeatedly annihilated by Scourges from refusing to have anyone in their squad capable of dealing with them. What I do, I run either Scourge or Soulbeast and it's dependent on what the general map comp is on the enemy forces. If there is no Rangers on their side, I'll run Scourge because it's basically steamrolling over their melee train. If have little to no rangers on their side, I run soulbeast and pick off all their Scourges and Firebrands with ease.

It's about adapting OP; learn what the opposing commanders run, and run the direct counter. FYI, I run soulbeast most of the time due to the fact enemy forces predictably don't seem to like to have rangers in their group.

> > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > > > > > > Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > only you don't get the benefits of being in the squad, so it does almost no good to "follow a tag."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > > > > > > Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > only you don't get the benefits of being in the squad, so it does almost no good to "follow a tag."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well have never been told to not follow none seem to have trouble with my frontline heal druid ,works for me and works for them as for benefits I get satisfaction that I am healing and they survivng so that floats my boat all good. Reward enough

> > > > >

> > > > > Yah you don't get tag credit and you are lowest priority for buffs, so less survivability.

> > > >

> > > > So you are wanting to leech buffs from others playing the most effective tactical advantage profession while you are not playing one of those professions?

> > >

> > > How do you know what profession I play? How do you know I'm leeching? For all you know the commanders aren't even good that I play with and they are leeching off of my skill. Or perhaps I'm a commander myself and do great. You make a lot of assumptions.

> >

> > Its a rather simple deduction. If you played any of the most effective tactical advantage professions, this thread wouldn’t exist. If you commanded (in any serious, competitive way), this thread wouldn’t exist. If you commanded at all, you’d know you can set whatever terms you want for your squad. The fact that this thread exists implies you don’t play a meta profession, have been offering inferior boon support and inferior squad support. And have probably been squad kicked many a time.

>

> I didn't create this thread? and I do play meta professions and I do command, so there ya go, shows how much you know about your own assumptions.

Ah, I forgotten that it wasn’t you because of your responses. Or, could be an alt account of yours as well. We’ll never know. When you say you play meta, you mean the wvw meta? And not try to bring another meta profession from say, raids or fractals, to join in a wvw zerg? And you command in wvw and say, not Dragonstand or the Choya Pinata? So if you do play the correct meta in wvw, and command in wvw, that means that you command openly with a welcoming all inclusive style of play. Which is great, power to ya. How long do people follow you for after every wipe?

> @"Odinens.5920" said:

>I suggest people quit trying to force their fun on people that don't think their way is fun.

This going both ways of course. I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said btw, just wanted to emphasise that there have been plenty of instances of metaheads trying to make everyone play in only one way too and thinking it's perfectly reasonable for them to do it heh.

(This isn't referring to having squad preferences by the way, but you do see people who think that because they have a commander tag they get to dictate to the entire map/server sometimes, or dish out blame etc to those not playing "the right" way).

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> Rules Rules ,join a map follow the tag and when you have enough leave and do other things ,you don't need to be in a squad to follow a tag .same as TS or Discord you don't need to use that only if you want to get yelled at if you slip ,being deaf alleviates that problem . But at the end of the day what you do in WvW is entirely up to you. as for one tag per map poppycock to that.

Oh god, you just reminded me about a thread on the old forum about squads, TS and deafness. It's funny when you see something and just get reminded of a whole batch of weirdness you'd forgotten about encountering heh. Anyway, it's almost certainly a bad idea to go too much into it again, just mentioned it because another thread here has me in a reminiscent mood.

> > @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Wvw is open content, because it is not a private closed instance lol.

WvW is an instanced mass pvp zone with objectives, that has a limit on the number of people allowed in it at a time. That is not open. Not in the way you are implying.