• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have returned to the game after leaving for several years and I just have to say I am really very pleased to see these updated official forums. I vaguely recall having problems with the Search function and other issues with the old forums. These seem like a much needed upgrade, awesome!

Just out of curiosity - what's the difference Helpful and Thumbs Up ratings? Do threads with a high Helpful rating show up more in searches and Thumbs Up ratings just boost one's forum rank?

> @"DoctorOverlord.8620" said:

> I have returned to the game after leaving for several years and I just have to say I am really very pleased to see these updated official forums. I vaguely recall having problems with the Search function and other issues with the old forums. These seem like a much needed upgrade, awesome!

>

> Just out of curiosity - what's the difference Helpful and Thumbs Up ratings? Do threads with a high Helpful rating show up more in searches and Thumbs Up ratings just boost one's forum rank?

The 'Thumbs Up' and 'Helpful' features do nothing in regards to the forum, other than award 'medals' after such-and-such count. Said 'medals' are only seen on one's profile page.

Welcome return.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> Not sure if this is still being tracked for issues or not

>

> The Next Anet (red post) function seldom if at all works.

For me, it's been working fine if there are two ANet posts by the same person on the same page. It works intermittently if there are multiple people with the tag. And so far this week, it hasn't worked for me at all to go from one page to the N+2 page, e.g. from /p2 to /p4.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> Not sure if this is still being tracked for issues or not

>

> The Next Anet (red post) function seldom if at all works.

It's been working for me, as far as I can tell, in the WvW changes thread. It's worked, as far as I can tell, in the previous threads I've used it in, as well. What doesn't work, at all, is anything on the Dev Posts page(s).

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > Not sure if this is still being tracked for issues or not

> >

> > The Next Anet (red post) function seldom if at all works.

>

> For me, it's been working fine if there are two ANet posts by the same person on the same page. It works intermittently if there are multiple people with the tag. And so far this week, it hasn't worked for me at all to go from one page to the N+2 page, e.g. from /p2 to /p4.

I can say its not working for the following threads for me https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26687/shattering-the-status-quo/p1 & https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26685/alacrity-time-for-a-change/p1

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > Not sure if this is still being tracked for issues or not

> > >

> > > The Next Anet (red post) function seldom if at all works.

> >

> > For me, it's been working fine if there are two ANet posts by the same person on the same page. It works intermittently if there are multiple people with the tag. And so far this week, it hasn't worked for me at all to go from one page to the N+2 page, e.g. from /p2 to /p4.

>

> I can say its not working for the following threads for me https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26687/shattering-the-status-quo/p1 & https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26685/alacrity-time-for-a-change/p1

Yes, definitely not working there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Please revert the new ((more)) found in comments accessed via one's Profile. There's already a link to the post in the thread title. Thank you.

That ((more)) is visible on the 'Helpful' and 'Thumbs Up' page that shows posts that received those 'reactions'. It was always there, but it is now broken. It used to function to where clicking it would expand the post to show the contents of the comment in its entirety instead of just a short, 2-line preview of the comment contents.

Now, however, it is bugged and clicking ((more)) takes you directly to the comment in the thread it was made in just as clicking the thread title does.

So it isn't so much that it is a redundant link to the thread the comment was made in, but that it is currently bugged and clicking it is not performing the action it is intended to perform.

---

* I request that this bug be corrected so clicking ((more)) once again expands the view of the comment to show its full view.

* I also request that the user's comments displayed in the 'Comments' tab be altered to instead display just as they are on the 'Reactions' (helpful/thumbs up) tabs instead of being how it is currently, which is a 2-line snippet of the comment that has had all formatting removed just as how the dev tracker is/was.

> @"StinVec.3621" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Please revert the new ((more)) found in comments accessed via one's Profile. There's already a link to the post in the thread title. Thank you.

>

> That ((more)) is visible on the 'Helpful' and 'Thumbs Up' page that shows posts that received those 'reactions'. It was always there, but it is now broken. It used to function to where clicking it would expand the post to show the contents of the comment in its entirety instead of just a short, 2-line preview of the comment contents.

>

> Now, however, it is bugged and clicking ((more)) takes you directly to the comment in the thread it was made in just as clicking the thread title does.

>

> So it isn't so much that it is a redundant link to the thread the comment was made in, but that it is currently bugged and clicking it is not performing the action it is intended to perform.

>

> ---

>

> * I request that this bug be corrected so clicking ((more)) once again expands the view of the comment to show its full view.

> * I also request that the user's comments displayed in the 'Comments' tab be altered to instead display just as they are on the 'Reactions' (helpful/thumbs up) tabs instead of being how it is currently, which is a 2-line snippet of the comment that has had all formatting removed just as how the dev tracker is/was.

I know it's changed (or bugged as you say), which is why I commented in this thread. I think it may be the addition of the extra set of parentheses. I never said it was redundant (though I suppose it is), only that there is already a way to 'jump' to the thread, so I, personally, would prefer the former feature of just expanding the comment in question.

Thanks.

It's a bit uncomfortable that between posts that I have and haven't read the difference is only a "New" marker indicating number of unread messages. The color of theme stay red. So if someone write a new message in post that I have read a "New" marker appears again and you have to read all themes again trying to remember what you have already seen.

Also it would be nice to see a marker for dev's messages.

An opportunity to edit messages without a limit in time and to write an answer in the beginning of the topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I could have sworn that the forums up until very recently had a navigation link at the bottom of the thread (just below where you type your own post) which allowed you to jump back to the top. It appears that this has been removed which makes navigating the thread incredibly tedious.

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> I could have sworn that the forums up until very recently had a navigation link at the bottom of the thread (just below where you type your own post) which allowed you to jump back to the top. It appears that this has been removed which makes navigating the thread incredibly tedious.

I was just coming in here to post this. What happened to that bottom of page nav link? It was one of my happiest things about the new forums, getting that sorely needed feature the old ones never had. I'm pretty sure it's not a change from Vanilla, since the ESO forums still have a similar nav link.

@"Gaile Gray.6029"

• 4 weeks later...

We really need more Avatar Icons...there's more forum posters and not enough variety so we got a lot of duplication.

I suggest using SKILL/ABILITY Icon Art from the game, this would offer up a bounty of new choices to choose from alleviating the lack of diversity in Avatars.

So...what's this new 'red flag' on posts in the Support sub-forums? What is it for, what does it do?

I clicked it on one of my own posts, but I didn't see any result from doing so. I am reluctant to try it on somebody else's post before knowing what it entails.

@"Gaile Gray.6029"

Edit: Well, now I don't see it in the Support sub-forums; instead I see it in this thread. Very odd. The URL is https//en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/269/feedback-new-forum# (which, when followed, gives a 'This site can't be reached' message).

Edit: Ok, I give up. It disappeared from my post, along with the 'Report' button, but stayed on all others.

Now, it is gone from all the posts in this thread. Maybe Vanilla is working on the forum? It's very odd, but nevermind.

• 2 weeks later...

Feedback

The new forum gives more options than the old one and that is a good thing. You can format your pots by using HTML, or markdown, which is automatically translated into it, though I prefer to do it manually. All this while keeping the old BB codes makes this forum a powerful tool to ariculate my thoughts on the game. The new forum seems more performant aswell, but maybe we'll just have to feed it properly? :)

In any case, the new official forum looks and feels more serviceable. How is it on the moderator side? I hope all the needed tools are available. The most important being the magical filter, that turns all unneeded nasties into cute little kittens.

Going forward do you guys think the forum is finally attractive enough to get more developer responses on here? IIRC most of that has been taking place on reddit, due to unfixable bugs, becuase the external forum provider defaulted. With a new forum and that out of the way will we get more red posts on here?