Dungeon rewards: raise possible?

What exactly would a proper dungeon be? If you split the three explorable paths for each of the dungeons with only what was applicable to the path available, it’s really no different from a fractal. Most dungeon paths can be completed about as quickly as a fractal.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> Yeah unfortunately fractals aren’t really designed like a proper dungeon and are fast paced quick instances. Mainly because the original design has changed over the years.

What do you define as a "proper dungeon"? Does it have to require a certain amount of time to complete? Does it have to have a story? What is it that makes you say a single Fractal isn't a dungeon-crawling experience?

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

> > Every story mode dungeon is easily soloable

>

> LOL! If you say so...

I'm really not kidding. AC is doable in 15 minutes alone, CM in between 25 and 30 minutes, I haven't clocked TA but it felt a bit longer than CM.

Beginning with SE, the story modes took me a bit longer (40-60 minute range) because some boss fights have HP sponges, and in other places there are some timed encounters that you can't rush (Zojja opening the door in SE, melting the ice door in HotW, etc). I don't use portal devices or any other consumables (I never remember to use the potions and foods, ever), just knowledge of the dungeon and a build suitable for the task. I'm sure people who have certain special items and whatnot can do it even faster than I can, but I just take the 'slow and steady' approach.

While I admit that you might not want to spend 15 minutes to almost an hour clearing a dungeon by yourself, it's very doable. In fact, if you want to see it done, you can join me in game and watch me do it, and just tag the bosses before they die for loot. I imagine it would be extremely boring though, and I'm sure there are plenty of videos out there already showing how it can be done.

EDIT: Just clocked HotW at 47 minutes, and it was one of the longer ones. not the fastest speed out there, but I essentially killed everything on my way in, no fancy skips of any kind.

> @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

> > > Every story mode dungeon is easily soloable

> >

> > LOL! If you say so...

>

> I'm really not kidding. AC is doable in 15 minutes alone, CM in between 25 and 30 minutes, I haven't clocked TA but it felt a bit longer than CM.

>

> Beginning with SE, the story modes took me a bit longer (40-60 minute range) because some boss fights have HP sponges, and in other places there are some timed encounters that you can't rush (Zojja opening the door in SE, melting the ice door in HotW, etc). I don't use portal devices or any other consumables (I never remember to use the potions and foods, ever), just knowledge of the dungeon and a build suitable for the task. I'm sure people who have certain special items and whatnot can do it even faster than I can, but I just take the 'slow and steady' approach.

>

> While I admit that you might not want to spend 15 minutes to almost an hour clearing a dungeon by yourself, it's very doable. In fact, if you want to see it done, you can join me in game and watch me do it, and just tag the bosses before they die for loot. I imagine it would be extremely boring though, and I'm sure there are plenty of videos out there already showing how it can be done.

>

> EDIT: Just clocked HotW at 47 minutes, and it was one of the longer ones. not the fastest speed out there, but I essentially killed everything on my way in, no fancy skips of any kind.

I agree. Every class has some builds/tools to solo story Dungeons and Even some expl paths.

Hmm. Maybe chop up revamp the dungeons and add them to the Fractals. I think we could use more Fractals. The problem with adding a better reward to content is you can push people into content they don't really like. And while this 'work's it can lead to loss of players in the long run.

> @"Hume.2876" said:

> Hmm. Maybe chop up revamp the dungeons and add them to the Fractals. I think we could use more Fractals. The problem with adding a better reward to content is you can push people into content they don't really like. And while this 'work's it can lead to loss of players in the long run.

Oh come on, it's not like we would be adding legendary armor to dungeons to bring in people that would otherwise not want to have anything in common with that content.