Things that Should be changed For Next Season

zoopop.5630

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > We add new rewards as we get them. We have more rewards in the pipeline, though I can't tell you when they will be delivered. As far as new achievements, I'm not opposed. What kind of achievements would you like to see?

> > >

> > > I'm thinking about titles for getting a specific top stat X times. Something like this:

> > > 250 times earning the healing best stat > Life giver

> > > 250 times earning the damage best stat > Master of pain

> > > 250 times earning the kills best stat > Master of death

> > > 250 times earning the offense best stat >Tireless assaulter

> > > 250 times earning the defense best stat > Everlasting defender

> > >

> > > This maybe could make people interested into trying different kinds of builds and improving at playing them in order to get the cool title attached to it.

> > >

> > > Other things (requires more dev time tho):

> > > Letting players rate their teammates when the match ends (like giving that cool and friendly teammate a Loved Playing With You badge) and creating achievements with titles and maybe a small reward or gizmo (like a thing that gives you an aura of hearts for 5 minutes) for them.

> >

> > The problem with giving titles for top stats is I don't want to incentivize going after them over going after wins. We'd see people just spamming heals, needed or not. Or chasing people down for kills rather than playing to win strategically.

>

> The titles could require earning the top stat _and_ winning the match. Losses could not count towards the achievement. Just like map achievements (win 25 matches where you cap the bell, etc)?

Yeah, that could work. I'll put it on the list of maybes.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" thank you for responding and getting back to this post.

> > >

> > > Just one last question, Have you guys thought about possibly adding a new legendary or something to make players want to play rank again?

> >

> > We do talk about a new legendary backpack. It's not off the table, but it's probably not happening any time soon.

>

> any reasons as to why though?

It's mainly a matter of getting art. Getting new armors/weapons takes a large amount of time and schedules are set pretty far in advance.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > Thanks for your feedback and thoughts, even if I don't agree with all your points. Reading constructive posts gets us to think about these systems and evaluate changes to make, even if the changes we do aren't the suggested ones!

> > > >

> > > > Hi Ben,

> > > >

> > > > Would you guys consider letting everyone duo que again?

> > > >

> > > > Basically every single top player on NA gets on discord every night to hang out, this is one of the conversations that came up. After a lengthy debate, pretty much everyone agreed that removing duo ques hurt the game more than it helped it.

> > > > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > > >

> > > > **These were some of the points we brought up:**

> > > >

> > > > 1. The current leaderboard isn't indicative of who is actually the best players. Why?

> > > > - The only way to currently carry a ranked match is to play a high damage roamer/bruiser. As such, the best builds to carry on currently are mesmer and deadeye. These classes make up the majority of the top 10.

> > > > 2. The leaderboards and titles mean nothing at this point. There should just be a shiny reward for obtaining legendary rank, and the leaderboard should be done away with. Why?

> > > > - The leaderboard just encourages toxicity and again, isn't indicative of who is actually the best. As for titles, there is a stigma tied to them. The people who have the best titles are constantly referred to as "wintraders" even though they have gotten them completely legitimately.

> > > > 3. Ranked matches aren't fun on their own. That's the reason most of us just log on for ATs or tournaments.

> > > > - If the leaderboards mean nothing and we're not having fun, Anet should just add duos back in. At least in this case, we can play together and have fun rather than not play at all.

> > > > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > > >

> > > > These all came straight from the mouths of well-known top players in the community. I didn't have my mic set up at the time so I just listened for the majority of the discussion.

> > > >

> > > > Hopefully you read this and consider our opinions.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > > Shadow

> > >

> > > We've been talking about it internally. Honestly, I'm still on the fence. Duo queue certainly makes the game more fun for higher-skilled players, since it gives greater control of the match, and reduces risk. However, it's been proven statistically that it hurts matchmaking. Two Plat-2 players together very frequently results in a lopsided match.

> >

> > Thank you for the response!

> >

> > I actually edited in 2 more bullet points to my original post as well.

> >

> > Yes, you're right about duo que making the game more fun for higher-skilled players.

> > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> >

> > **With that being said, I have a question:**

> >

> > 1. Many of the top players don't play because they don't find the game fun unless they are playing with their friends. If you guys added duo back in, I'd bet most of them would start to que ranked regularly. So, would the heavy influx of players actually help improve matchmaking by solving some of the population issues?

> > - It would also improve the quality of matches at the highest divisions because there is now a greater pool of players to choose from. This means that the skill/rating gaps wouldn't be as significant as they are now where top tier platinum players are matched against people in gold.

> >

> > I may be mistaken on this. But I believe that this was also one of the points we discussed last night on discord.

>

> There would have to be enough that return that we could pit 2 duo queues against each other at all times. I'm not confident that would happen, so making the change we would have to be willing to sacrifice some match quality in return.

I don't know if I speak for everyone, but I would be more than willing to see a bit of a decline in match quality if it means I can play with my friends again. Matchmaking from my PoV is already terrible and I get more stressed out than I have fun when it comes to ranked. Having friends around would allow it to be fun even if the match is garbage so I'd be all for a change like that.

Can I add my two cents here:

One of the issues I have with the way matchmaking works is the rating gain/loss ratio for wins and losses.

What would everyone think of some form of regain system? (Please excuse my very basic maths). For example, my rating on Sunday was 1802, I lost a match and got -20, then won a match and gained +9. I then lost another match and lost a further -20. This took me down to 1771. (Let's not get into the semantics of the matchmaker thinking I should have won all those games).

A regain system would look something like this: I start at 1802, I lose a match for -20, I then win a match and win back my previous points from a loss (+20). I then lose a further match for -20 with a final score of 1782, essentially regaining the points I lost from a previous loss by winning.

This way, players that win more games than lose will continue to climb, those that lose more than the win will continue to drop, and those in 50/50 matchmaking have found their correct division and should largely remain quite stable position-wise.

If I have overlooked something and this is actually a really stupid suggestion feel free to point it out!

Personnaly, I'd like to see a capture the flag mode added to GW2 PvP.

From my experience with gaming, I've noticed that CTF has a very different gameplay than capture and hold (a.k.a conquest) which makes PvP experience feel new and fresh.

This mode will allow players to develop new builds around mobility, defence, croud control or buffs in order to become an effective flag defender, flag carrier or a support... CTF will also allow some weak classes in conquest to shine in CTF.

> > > > > Thanks for your feedback and thoughts, even if I don't agree with all your points. Reading constructive posts gets us to think about these systems and evaluate changes to make, even if the changes we do aren't the suggested ones!

> > > >

> > > > Hi Ben,

> > > >

> > > > Would you guys consider letting everyone duo que again?

> > > >

> > > > Basically every single top player on NA gets on discord every night to hang out, this is one of the conversations that came up. After a lengthy debate, pretty much everyone agreed that removing duo ques hurt the game more than it helped it.

> > > >

> > > > **These were some of the points we brought up:**

> > > >

> > > > 1. The current leaderboard isn't indicative of who is actually the best players. Why?

> > > > - The only way to currently carry a ranked match is to play a high damage roamer/bruiser. As such, the best builds to carry on currently are mesmer and deadeye. These classes make up the majority of the top 10.

> > > > 2. The leaderboards and titles mean nothing at this point. There should just be a shiny reward for obtaining legendary rank, and the leaderboard should be done away with. Why?

> > > > - The leaderboard just encourages toxicity and again, isn't indicative of who is actually the best. As for titles, there is a stigma tied to them. The people who have the best titles are constantly referred to as "wintraders" even though they have gotten them completely legitimately.

> > > > 3. Ranked matches aren't fun on their own. That's the reason most of us just log on for ATs or tournaments.

> > > > - If the leaderboards mean nothing and we're not having fun, Anet should just add duos back in. At least in this case, we can play together and have fun rather than not play at all.

> > > >

> > > > These all came straight from the mouths of well-known top players in the community. I didn't have my mic set up at the time so I just listened for the majority of the discussion.

> > > >

> > > > Hopefully you read this and consider our opinions.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > > Shadow

> > >

> > > We've been talking about it internally. Honestly, I'm still on the fence. Duo queue certainly makes the game more fun for higher-skilled players, since it gives greater control of the match, and reduces risk. However, it's been proven statistically that it hurts matchmaking. Two Plat-2 players together very frequently results in a lopsided match.

> >

> > Thank you for the response!

> >

> > I actually edited in 2 more bullet points to my original post as well.

> >

> > Yes, you're right about duo que making the game more fun for higher-skilled players.

> > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> >

> > **With that being said, I have a question:**

> >

> > 1. Many of the top players don't play because they don't find the game fun unless they are playing with their friends. If you guys added duo back in, I'd bet most of them would start to que ranked regularly. So, would the heavy influx of players actually help improve matchmaking by solving some of the population issues?

> > - It would also improve the quality of matches at the highest divisions because there is now a greater pool of players to choose from. This means that the skill/rating gaps wouldn't be as significant as they are now where top tier platinum players are matched against people in gold.

> >

> > I may be mistaken on this. But I believe that this was also one of the points we discussed last night on discord.

>

> There would have to be enough that return that we could pit 2 duo queues against each other at all times. I'm not confident that would happen, so making the change we would have to be willing to sacrifice some match quality in return.

I just want you to know that ranked is extremely unfun for pro and high tier players with no duo. Like its at the point I only play unranked with friends or I only play while drunk (and still get top 10 rating).

DuoQ better never come back for PvP seasons

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" thank you for responding and getting back to this post.

> >

> > Just one last question, Have you guys thought about possibly adding a new legendary or something to make players want to play rank again?

>

> We do talk about a new legendary backpack. It's not off the table, but it's probably not happening any time soon.

That is a shame. The backpack was supposed to change every year (with the old one still being attainable just harder than in the correct year)

> @"trixantea.1230" said:

> Personnaly, I'd like to see a capture the flag mode added to GW2 PvP.

> From my experience with gaming, I've noticed that CTF has a very different gameplay than capture and hold (a.k.a conquest) which makes PvP experience feel new and fresh.

> This mode will allow players to develop new builds around mobility, defence, croud control or buffs in order to become an effective flag defender, flag carrier or a support... CTF will also allow some weak classes in conquest to shine in CTF.

wont work because of daredevil, heck even regular thief has ridiculous mobility cuz of shadowstep an teleport spam , we did have a capture the flag beta , it was called Spirit Watch.

Put PvP rewards in unranked for a season and have no rewards other than leader board in ranked and see what happens. I can guarantee you will see that unranked becomes instantly more popular than ranked. In fact I'd be willing to bet people would have a difficult time even getting a reasonable Q pop.

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > We add new rewards as we get them. We have more rewards in the pipeline, though I can't tell you when they will be delivered. As far as new achievements, I'm not opposed. What kind of achievements would you like to see?

> >

> > I'm thinking about titles for getting a specific top stat X times. Something like this:

> > 250 times earning the healing best stat > Life giver

> > 250 times earning the damage best stat > Master of pain

> > 250 times earning the kills best stat > Master of death

> > 250 times earning the offense best stat >Tireless assaulter

> > 250 times earning the defense best stat > Everlasting defender

> >

> > This maybe could make people interested into trying different kinds of builds and improving at playing them in order to get the cool title attached to it.

> >

> > Other things (requires more dev time tho):

> > Letting players rate their teammates when the match ends (like giving that cool and friendly teammate a Loved Playing With You badge) and creating achievements with titles and maybe a small reward or gizmo (like a thing that gives you an aura of hearts for 5 minutes) for them.

>

> The problem with giving titles for top stats is I don't want to incentivize going after them over going after wins. We'd see people just spamming heals, needed or not. Or chasing people down for kills rather than playing to win strategically.

You say that while your whole reward system pretty much incentivizes not caring about winning or losing?

You get pips regardless of your outcome, and the improvement is marginal for wins.

Ranking is only rewarding at the highest of the highest tiers, so people who don't have the same time availability won't ever care about winning or losing, just getting the most matches in as possible, and guess how you can make matches go faster? Losing on purpose.

> @"Best.3479" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > Thanks for your feedback and thoughts, even if I don't agree with all your points. Reading constructive posts gets us to think about these systems and evaluate changes to make, even if the changes we do aren't the suggested ones!

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi Ben,

> > > > >

> > > > > Would you guys consider letting everyone duo que again?

> > > > >

> > > > > Basically every single top player on NA gets on discord every night to hang out, this is one of the conversations that came up. After a lengthy debate, pretty much everyone agreed that removing duo ques hurt the game more than it helped it.

> > > > > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > > > >

> > > > > **These were some of the points we brought up:**

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. The current leaderboard isn't indicative of who is actually the best players. Why?

> > > > > - The only way to currently carry a ranked match is to play a high damage roamer/bruiser. As such, the best builds to carry on currently are mesmer and deadeye. These classes make up the majority of the top 10.

> > > > > 2. The leaderboards and titles mean nothing at this point. There should just be a shiny reward for obtaining legendary rank, and the leaderboard should be done away with. Why?

> > > > > - The leaderboard just encourages toxicity and again, isn't indicative of who is actually the best. As for titles, there is a stigma tied to them. The people who have the best titles are constantly referred to as "wintraders" even though they have gotten them completely legitimately.

> > > > > 3. Ranked matches aren't fun on their own. That's the reason most of us just log on for ATs or tournaments.

> > > > > - If the leaderboards mean nothing and we're not having fun, Anet should just add duos back in. At least in this case, we can play together and have fun rather than not play at all.

> > > > > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > > > >

> > > > > These all came straight from the mouths of well-known top players in the community. I didn't have my mic set up at the time so I just listened for the majority of the discussion.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hopefully you read this and consider our opinions.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > Shadow

> > > >

> > > > We've been talking about it internally. Honestly, I'm still on the fence. Duo queue certainly makes the game more fun for higher-skilled players, since it gives greater control of the match, and reduces risk. However, it's been proven statistically that it hurts matchmaking. Two Plat-2 players together very frequently results in a lopsided match.

> > >

> > > Thank you for the response!

> > >

> > > I actually edited in 2 more bullet points to my original post as well.

> > >

> > > Yes, you're right about duo que making the game more fun for higher-skilled players.

> > > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > >

> > > **With that being said, I have a question:**

> > >

> > > 1. Many of the top players don't play because they don't find the game fun unless they are playing with their friends. If you guys added duo back in, I'd bet most of them would start to que ranked regularly. So, would the heavy influx of players actually help improve matchmaking by solving some of the population issues?

> > > - It would also improve the quality of matches at the highest divisions because there is now a greater pool of players to choose from. This means that the skill/rating gaps wouldn't be as significant as they are now where top tier platinum players are matched against people in gold.

> > >

> > > I may be mistaken on this. But I believe that this was also one of the points we discussed last night on discord.

> >

> > There would have to be enough that return that we could pit 2 duo queues against each other at all times. I'm not confident that would happen, so making the change we would have to be willing to sacrifice some match quality in return.

>

> I just want you to know that ranked is extremely unfun for pro and high tier players with no duo. Like its at the point I only play unranked with friends or I only play while drunk (and still get top 10 rating).

That's all the more reason you should not be granted another advantage.

> @"Leablo.2651" said:

> > @"Best.3479" said:

> > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > Thanks for your feedback and thoughts, even if I don't agree with all your points. Reading constructive posts gets us to think about these systems and evaluate changes to make, even if the changes we do aren't the suggested ones!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hi Ben,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Would you guys consider letting everyone duo que again?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Basically every single top player on NA gets on discord every night to hang out, this is one of the conversations that came up. After a lengthy debate, pretty much everyone agreed that removing duo ques hurt the game more than it helped it.

> > > > > > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **These were some of the points we brought up:**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1. The current leaderboard isn't indicative of who is actually the best players. Why?

> > > > > > - The only way to currently carry a ranked match is to play a high damage roamer/bruiser. As such, the best builds to carry on currently are mesmer and deadeye. These classes make up the majority of the top 10.

> > > > > > 2. The leaderboards and titles mean nothing at this point. There should just be a shiny reward for obtaining legendary rank, and the leaderboard should be done away with. Why?

> > > > > > - The leaderboard just encourages toxicity and again, isn't indicative of who is actually the best. As for titles, there is a stigma tied to them. The people who have the best titles are constantly referred to as "wintraders" even though they have gotten them completely legitimately.

> > > > > > 3. Ranked matches aren't fun on their own. That's the reason most of us just log on for ATs or tournaments.

> > > > > > - If the leaderboards mean nothing and we're not having fun, Anet should just add duos back in. At least in this case, we can play together and have fun rather than not play at all.

> > > > > > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > > > > >

> > > > > > These all came straight from the mouths of well-known top players in the community. I didn't have my mic set up at the time so I just listened for the majority of the discussion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hopefully you read this and consider our opinions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > Shadow

> > > > >

> > > > > We've been talking about it internally. Honestly, I'm still on the fence. Duo queue certainly makes the game more fun for higher-skilled players, since it gives greater control of the match, and reduces risk. However, it's been proven statistically that it hurts matchmaking. Two Plat-2 players together very frequently results in a lopsided match.

> > > >

> > > > Thank you for the response!

> > > >

> > > > I actually edited in 2 more bullet points to my original post as well.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, you're right about duo que making the game more fun for higher-skilled players.

> > > >

> > > > **With that being said, I have a question:**

> > > >

> > > > 1. Many of the top players don't play because they don't find the game fun unless they are playing with their friends. If you guys added duo back in, I'd bet most of them would start to que ranked regularly. So, would the heavy influx of players actually help improve matchmaking by solving some of the population issues?

> > > > - It would also improve the quality of matches at the highest divisions because there is now a greater pool of players to choose from. This means that the skill/rating gaps wouldn't be as significant as they are now where top tier platinum players are matched against people in gold.

> > > >

> > > > I may be mistaken on this. But I believe that this was also one of the points we discussed last night on discord.

> > >

> > > There would have to be enough that return that we could pit 2 duo queues against each other at all times. I'm not confident that would happen, so making the change we would have to be willing to sacrifice some match quality in return.

> >

> > I just want you to know that ranked is extremely unfun for pro and high tier players with no duo. Like its at the point I only play unranked with friends or I only play while drunk (and still get top 10 rating).

>

> That's all the more reason you should not be granted another advantage.

I don't think you quite understand what he said.

If he can get to top 10 without trying, then why not just introduce duo ques back in? The best players will be at the top regardless of whether or not they can play with a buddy.

Also, as a general statement, this change only affects the people 1600+. So, if you're not above that threshold, your opinion really shouldn't count as it has no impact on you whatsoever.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> DuoQ better never come back for PvP seasons

>

> > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" thank you for responding and getting back to this post.

> > >

> > > Just one last question, Have you guys thought about possibly adding a new legendary or something to make players want to play rank again?

> >

> > We do talk about a new legendary backpack. It's not off the table, but it's probably not happening any time soon.

>

> That is a shame. The backpack was supposed to change every year (with the old one still being attainable just harder than in the correct year)

Stop being so selfish. Just because you choose not to play with friends doesn't mean everyone that wants to shouldn't be able to do so.

The matchmaking is already a joke that no one takes seriously. Yesterday I had 1430 MMR spellbreaker in my team while sitting on 1730 something mmr.

Introducing duo back has nothing to do with getting carried to higher ratings as I already have the titles I want. It has everything to do with ranked matches being extremely frustrating and boring to play solo, and this meta makes it even worse.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > DuoQ better never come back for PvP seasons

> >

> > > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" thank you for responding and getting back to this post.

> > > >

> > > > Just one last question, Have you guys thought about possibly adding a new legendary or something to make players want to play rank again?

> > >

> > > We do talk about a new legendary backpack. It's not off the table, but it's probably not happening any time soon.

> >

> > That is a shame. The backpack was supposed to change every year (with the old one still being attainable just harder than in the correct year)

>

> Stop being so selfish. Just because you choose not to play with friends doesn't mean everyone that wants to shouldn't be able to do so.

> The matchmaking is already a joke that no one takes seriously. Yesterday I had 1430 MMR spellbreaker in my team while sitting on 1730 something mmr.

>

> Introducing duo back has nothing to do with getting carried to higher ratings as I already have the titles I want. It has everything to do with ranked matches being extremely frustrating and boring to play solo, and this meta makes it even worse.

If you only care about playing with friends and don't care about the leaderboard why don't you just throw until you can play with them again?

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > DuoQ better never come back for PvP seasons

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" thank you for responding and getting back to this post.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just one last question, Have you guys thought about possibly adding a new legendary or something to make players want to play rank again?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We do talk about a new legendary backpack. It's not off the table, but it's probably not happening any time soon.

> > > > >

> > > > > That is a shame. The backpack was supposed to change every year (with the old one still being attainable just harder than in the correct year)

> > > >

> > > > Stop being so selfish. Just because you choose not to play with friends doesn't mean everyone that wants to shouldn't be able to do so.

> > > > The matchmaking is already a joke that no one takes seriously. Yesterday I had 1430 MMR spellbreaker in my team while sitting on 1730 something mmr.

> > > >

> > > > Introducing duo back has nothing to do with getting carried to higher ratings as I already have the titles I want. It has everything to do with ranked matches being extremely frustrating and boring to play solo, and this meta makes it even worse.

> > >

> > > If you only care about playing with friends and don't care about the leaderboard why don't you just throw until you can play with them again?

> >

> > Seriously? loooooooooool that question is so stupid

> >

> > - First, that's called match manipulation.

> > - Second, that's not fair for the other 4 people on your team every time you decide to throw the match.

> > - Third, you'd be wasting an incredible amount of time just to be able to play with your friends again.

>

> 1. Is it? Is there some part of the ToS that demands that you always play your best in ranked matches? Ben is here. He can probably answer this.

> 2. Who do you care more about? Those four random people or your FRIEND? I think the choice is pretty clear. You like your friend don't you?

> 3. Yeah it'd be like an hour or two of work but wouldn't everyone commit that much time to their friends?

>

> >! Yes, I'm joking. I've been breaking above 1600 rating this season for the first time ever and getting split up from my 1550 rating new friend in the process this season. Also this is the second time you've called me stupid. It's really uncalled for.

1. This is exactly why I said that question is stupid. Do you really not understand that purposefully throwing your matches counts as match manipulation? LOL

2. I care about having fun in this game. The current system does a really poor job at this. What would make it better is adding duo que back in.

3. No, it's bannable and called match manipulation. Again, a really stupid question.

"The question is stupid." =/= "You're stupid."

> @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > Personnaly, I'd like to see a capture the flag mode added to GW2 PvP.

> > From my experience with gaming, I've noticed that CTF has a very different gameplay than capture and hold (a.k.a conquest) which makes PvP experience feel new and fresh.

> > This mode will allow players to develop new builds around mobility, defence, croud control or buffs in order to become an effective flag defender, flag carrier or a support... CTF will also allow some weak classes in conquest to shine in CTF.

>

> wont work because of daredevil, heck even regular thief has ridiculous mobility cuz of shadowstep an teleport spam , we did have a capture the flag beta , it was called Spirit Watch.

Don't forget how cancer mirage would be for CTF

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > DuoQ better never come back for PvP seasons

> > >

> > > > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" thank you for responding and getting back to this post.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just one last question, Have you guys thought about possibly adding a new legendary or something to make players want to play rank again?

> > > >

> > > > We do talk about a new legendary backpack. It's not off the table, but it's probably not happening any time soon.

> > >

> > > That is a shame. The backpack was supposed to change every year (with the old one still being attainable just harder than in the correct year)

> >

> > Stop being so selfish. Just because you choose not to play with friends doesn't mean everyone that wants to shouldn't be able to do so.

> > The matchmaking is already a joke that no one takes seriously. Yesterday I had 1430 MMR spellbreaker in my team while sitting on 1730 something mmr.

> >

> > Introducing duo back has nothing to do with getting carried to higher ratings as I already have the titles I want. It has everything to do with ranked matches being extremely frustrating and boring to play solo, and this meta makes it even worse.

>

> If you only care about playing with friends and don't care about the leaderboard why don't you just throw until you can play with them again?

I climbed from 877 rating to 1800 in less than three days a few seasons back. I don't want to ruin people's games in order to throw to a lower rating where I can 1v4 people on node. It's not fun for anyone.

> We add new rewards as we get them. We have more rewards in the pipeline, though I can't tell you when they will be delivered. As far as new achievements, I'm not opposed. What kind of achievements would you like to see?

Can you make it so all the top 250 achievements are hidden achievements in the Hero panel?

> @"trixantea.1230" said:

> Personnaly, I'd like to see a capture the flag mode added to GW2 PvP.

> From my experience with gaming, I've noticed that CTF has a very different gameplay than capture and hold (a.k.a conquest) which makes PvP experience feel new and fresh.

> This mode will allow players to develop new builds around mobility, defence, croud control or buffs in order to become an effective flag defender, flag carrier or a support... CTF will also allow some weak classes in conquest to shine in CTF.

Snowball Mayhem is quite fun!! An improved version that allows better counterplay would be awesome.

Actually some of the best PvP in this game came from the early festivals (Reaper's Rumble was an awesome MOBA-like game type that never came back, sadly).

> @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > Personnaly, I'd like to see a capture the flag mode added to GW2 PvP.

> > From my experience with gaming, I've noticed that CTF has a very different gameplay than capture and hold (a.k.a conquest) which makes PvP experience feel new and fresh.

> > This mode will allow players to develop new builds around mobility, defence, croud control or buffs in order to become an effective flag defender, flag carrier or a support... CTF will also allow some weak classes in conquest to shine in CTF.

>

> wont work because of daredevil, heck even regular thief has ridiculous mobility cuz of shadowstep an teleport spam , we did have a capture the flag beta , it was called Spirit Watch.

And in Spirit watch you can't use mobility skills while carrying the orb... Your problem was already fixed before you raised it.

Spirit watch, with all it's flaws is still one of the best conquest maps to carry a team, also one where team work can be more crucial.

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > DuoQ better never come back for PvP seasons

> > >

> > > > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" thank you for responding and getting back to this post.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just one last question, Have you guys thought about possibly adding a new legendary or something to make players want to play rank again?

> > > >

> > > > We do talk about a new legendary backpack. It's not off the table, but it's probably not happening any time soon.

> > >

> > > That is a shame. The backpack was supposed to change every year (with the old one still being attainable just harder than in the correct year)

> >

> > Stop being so selfish. Just because you choose not to play with friends doesn't mean everyone that wants to shouldn't be able to do so.

> > The matchmaking is already a joke that no one takes seriously. Yesterday I had 1430 MMR spellbreaker in my team while sitting on 1730 something mmr.

> >

> > Introducing duo back has nothing to do with getting carried to higher ratings as I already have the titles I want. It has everything to do with ranked matches being extremely frustrating and boring to play solo, and this meta makes it even worse.

>

> If you only care about playing with friends and don't care about the leaderboard why don't you just throw until you can play with them again?

See @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" this is the mentality that the current pvp system fosters. And why i'd rather play League of Legends (considered to have the most toxic of all communities) than face the toxicity in GW2's PvP. I'd rather have a 10 year old boasting about his sexual prowess with my mother because i missed a skill shot, than having a team mate willingly throw the game so he can play with his friends.

> @"Ario.8964" said:

> > @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> > > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > > Personnaly, I'd like to see a capture the flag mode added to GW2 PvP.

> > > From my experience with gaming, I've noticed that CTF has a very different gameplay than capture and hold (a.k.a conquest) which makes PvP experience feel new and fresh.

> > > This mode will allow players to develop new builds around mobility, defence, croud control or buffs in order to become an effective flag defender, flag carrier or a support... CTF will also allow some weak classes in conquest to shine in CTF.

> >

> > wont work because of daredevil, heck even regular thief has ridiculous mobility cuz of shadowstep an teleport spam , we did have a capture the flag beta , it was called Spirit Watch.

>

> Don't forget how cancer mirage would be for CTF

Why are people straight up assuming that Arena Net wouldn't take those things in consideration? I mean by now, after last patch they should have already have the internal memo for not allowing sand veil when interacting with objectives.

> We add new rewards as we get them. We have more rewards in the pipeline, though I can't tell you when they will be delivered. As far as new achievements, I'm not opposed. What kind of achievements would you like to see?

One that comes in mind could be total ranked games played. Many dedicated PvP players have thousands of matches and I think it would be nice for this to be recognized.

> I can't comment too much on CS stuff like reporting players.

At least please find a way to stop the afking inside a match. It's game breaking and unfair for the rest of the team.

> The formulas for skill rating are based on quality of win/loss. If you defeat a team that has a higher mmr average than yours, you will gain more points. Yes, someone playing more games takes more risks to lose, but they also have more opportunity to gain points. Generally, messing with the glicko rating system has been shown to make it worse. We don't want to do something to make skill ratings suddenly start climbing to infinity, which is what I think most people's suggestions would do.

Please consider weighing more the total ranked matches someone has played. With the multiple accounts some people have I know this might not be totally accurate but still it's a strong factor for deciding a player's potential. Personally I would like match performance to be evaluated and rewarded so players have even more motivation.

Last but not least please consider introducing a PTS server where us players can test and you can gather valuable feedback before launching major class changes.

Also if possible add an hourglass on the top left PvP icon when we are queued like in WvW queue and some kind of tournament reminder would be nice as I always tend to forget about them.

Agree on the total of ranked games won( can be done concerning unranked and all games too, so veterans have their wins done on first years too). The brawler title is a good idea, but should have displayable tiers. In exemple :

- 200 wins : fierce brawler

- 1000 wins : xx brawler

- 2500 wins : ...

Experience will then be reflected through the game.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

Personally I've never even been in a position where I couldn't play with a friend in this game's PvP. This setup where top players can't play with their friends just seems unfair to me. Shouldn't the rules be the same for everyone? I think it's more a matter of principles than it is of data. What happened to the principles ANet had back in 2012 saying you could always play with your friends? It's a fundamental principle of this game, and this no-duo rule breaks that.