Which Elite Spec do you prefer for Thief?

Patkus.9178

I maxed out DD and had a blast, then I started playing DE and also had a blast. Now I don't know which one to main lol

So my question is to all Thief mains: Which Elite spec do you prefer, why and also what weapons do you like to use with them? (Would also appreciate a tip or two about Thief in Raids, Fractals etc.)

If you prefer your gameplay to revolve around stealth, reposition and larger single hits or a long range sniper aesthetic - Deadeye

If your preference is an agile, highly mobile warrior with a lot of dodges and evades, mainly melee combat - Daredevil.

For me personally, nothing can beat the Staff Daredevil's playstyle . If it did not exist I would probably have stopped playing the game by now.

For Fractals and Raids (in general for dmg) i'd suggest you get used to Dagger/Dadder + Rifle Deadeye and Staff + Pistol/Pistol Daredevil for power specs and Dagger/Dagger + Shortbow (or Pistol/Dagger) for condi. You would rarely need to use a second weapon set during a fight, but it helps to have it prepared. As a side note Deadeye is worse for clearing trash in Fractals than the Staff Daredevil but sword/dagger or shortbow can get the job done.

General weapons you should know how to use when needed for utility in PvE regardless of build: Shortbow and Sword/Pistol.

Neither. I'm moving back to 3 core trait lines.

I tried Deadeye, Marking seems pointless and unintuitive.

Daredevil is just poor man's Mirage. In fact, Mirage does thief playstyle better than Thief in every area--offense, defense, mobility, sustain, CC, stealth, dodging, even flow between skills. Daredevil just feels clunky in comparison. Hence why I'm returning to Dagger/Dagger instead of staff.

Depends on how I'm feeling that day, and what i'm running into. Deadeye is a more calculated playstyle and daredevil is more in your face, both have advantages and disadvantages. Daredevil probably works better as a +1 due to higher mobility and deadeye is better as a solo roamer due to more sustain from stealth, so it depends what your group is doing and what you want to achieve I guess.

And you're not wrong about daredevil being poor man's mirage in some respects Zin, that said daredevil got the nerf bat recently and I have no doubt mirage will too in time.