In game marriage ideas

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> i dont want to role play marriage... like if i find a player who i like, then i want to marry that person in the game. i also want to get invited to weddings by friends/guildmates who are a couple in real life, it would be so much fun.

>

And there is nothing stopping you from doing this now. Why do you need Anet to create something different? If it isn't for RP, and isn't for the bonuses, then you and whomever decides that they like the idea could just be married. Hold a ceremony. Invite friends/guildies. Bring food and stuff. Have musicians.

Or are you looking for some public validation of your commitment to another player? Some kind of tag? Or title?

I'm not trying to be obtuse. I simply don't understand why the devs should spend time on this sort of thing. Also, due to the age rating of the game, I would find it highly unlikely that Anet would want to dabble in this sort of thing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > It will use dev resources that could be used on build temp... yeah right... on anything else. So yes, it will affect everyone in a long run and will be a huge waste of time.

> > >

> > > ?? i don't understand this kind of sentiment. yes it will take resources, but given how many ppl are into in-game marriage

> >

> > How many exactly?

>

> 53+

>

> Proof:

>

> [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1")

LoL.. That's your proof that the gaming community wants in game marriages.. hahah that is some funny stuff right there.

Seriously small sample size put out on a forum that likely counts for < 1% of the gaming community.

Devs.. must develop marriage system, buffs to go with it, housing, kids, divorce court, settlement laws and everything else alongside it.. cos 53 people say they want to be married.. ahhmmm... wouldn't that mean one of them gets left out btw, or are we talking open marriages, do they have the chance to change religions to allow more than one wifey/husband... whilst were at it will there be equal rights and voting laws etc, etc depending on where they actually live in the real world or will Tyria now have to enforce its own rulesets around this...

Suggest you stop watching things like Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle and come back to the real world, butterflies and all.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > >

> > > >

> > > > its just something nice to think about... the chance of anet making this is 0.000000000000000000001% and im not holding my breath. but i have to get it out of my chest... it's something i'd like to have. imagine you're on a mount exploring a random map and u randomly see a wedding ceremony... how cool would that be??

> > > >

> > > > and like couples can send out invitation, and get ppl to play music at their ceremony etc... share food buffs, play mini games.

> > > >

> > > Can't players already do these things? I think Danikat made some excellent suggestions which use current in-game resources. I would just leave it at that for those who want to do such things.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > well the system i'm suggesting is not RP... but of course RPers would love this. but it's not the same. for one thing, in game marriage, it should be between close friends or real life couple who wants it... it's not about "pretending" or "role playing"... u shouldn't just get married to anybody u can find on the streets if u know what i mean. it should be with someone u can trust, hence the penalty for divorcing.

>

> If it's not for RP, then it seems you are only advocating this for the bonuses.

I am not sure even RP'ers would take the OP seriously with this hairbrain idea. :)

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > its just something nice to think about... the chance of anet making this is 0.000000000000000000001% and im not holding my breath. but i have to get it out of my chest... it's something i'd like to have. imagine you're on a mount exploring a random map and u randomly see a wedding ceremony... how cool would that be??

> > > > >

> > > > > and like couples can send out invitation, and get ppl to play music at their ceremony etc... share food buffs, play mini games.

> > > > >

> > > > Can't players already do these things? I think Danikat made some excellent suggestions which use current in-game resources. I would just leave it at that for those who want to do such things.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > well the system i'm suggesting is not RP... but of course RPers would love this. but it's not the same. for one thing, in game marriage, it should be between close friends or real life couple who wants it... it's not about "pretending" or "role playing"... u shouldn't just get married to anybody u can find on the streets if u know what i mean. it should be with someone u can trust, hence the penalty for divorcing.

> >

> > If it's not for RP, then it seems you are only advocating this for the bonuses.

>

> keep in mind, that both married players and unmarried players get bonuses... so u dont have to force urself to get married...

>

> it's why i find it absurd when ppl say i should go play 2nd life... i dont want to role play marriage... like if i find a player who i like, then i want to marry that person in the game. i also want to get invited to weddings by friends/guildmates who are a couple in real life, it would be so much fun.

>

If your not wanting to actually role play marriage.. then it really is all about you getting some extra bonuses and nothing more.

Even attending an ingame wedding would constitute some form of roleplay scenario.

Maybe ask for a real life invite from those friends/guildmates.. at least then you will know where you stand when your request gets denied by them ):

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > It will use dev resources that could be used on build temp... yeah right... on anything else. So yes, it will affect everyone in a long run and will be a huge waste of time.

> > > >

> > > > ?? i don't understand this kind of sentiment. yes it will take resources, but given how many ppl are into in-game marriage

> > >

> > > How many exactly?

> >

> > 53+

> >

> > Proof:

> >

> > [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1")

>

> LoL.. That's your proof that the gaming community wants in game marriages.. hahah that is some funny stuff right there.

> Seriously small sample size put out on a forum that likely counts for < 1% of the gaming community.

> Devs.. must develop marriage system, buffs to go with it, housing, kids, divorce court, settlement laws and everything else alongside it.. cos 53 people say they want to be married.. ahhmmm... wouldn't that mean one of them gets left out btw, or are we talking open marriages, do they have the chance to change religions to allow more than one wifey/husband... whilst were at it will there be equal rights and voting laws etc, etc depending on where they actually live in the real world or will Tyria now have to enforce its own rulesets around this...

>

> Suggest you stop watching things like Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle and come back to the real world, butterflies and all.

??? im not saying majority wants it, u need to read the context of the post. the guy made it seem like i'm the only one that wants it... but there are several others who want it.... don't care if it's 1% out of the whole community... i'm not the only one is my point.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> I'm not trying to be obtuse. I simply don't understand why the devs should spend time on this sort of thing. Also, due to the age rating of the game, I would find it highly unlikely that Anet would want to dabble in this sort of thing.

>

again, i dont understand this kind of sentiment, what does age rating have to do with marriage?

the game has ppl killing other ppl, kidnapping, terrorism violence. yet it's in game marriage that's gonna make little kids go psycho? are you guys ok? like i don't mind if u disagree, but dont start becoming absurd for the sake of not wanting something

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > It will use dev resources that could be used on build temp... yeah right... on anything else. So yes, it will affect everyone in a long run and will be a huge waste of time.

> > > > >

> > > > > ?? i don't understand this kind of sentiment. yes it will take resources, but given how many ppl are into in-game marriage

> > > >

> > > > How many exactly?

> > >

> > > 53+

> > >

> > > Proof:

> > >

> > > [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1")

> >

> > LoL.. That's your proof that the gaming community wants in game marriages.. hahah that is some funny stuff right there.

> > Seriously small sample size put out on a forum that likely counts for < 1% of the gaming community.

> > Devs.. must develop marriage system, buffs to go with it, housing, kids, divorce court, settlement laws and everything else alongside it.. cos 53 people say they want to be married.. ahhmmm... wouldn't that mean one of them gets left out btw, or are we talking open marriages, do they have the chance to change religions to allow more than one wifey/husband... whilst were at it will there be equal rights and voting laws etc, etc depending on where they actually live in the real world or will Tyria now have to enforce its own rulesets around this...

> >

> > Suggest you stop watching things like Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle and come back to the real world, butterflies and all.

>

> ??? im not saying majority wants it, u need to read the context of the post. the guy made it seem like i'm the only one that wants it... but there are several others who want it.... don't care if it's 1% out of the whole community... i'm not the only one is my point.

It think its you who are now trying to backpeddle your assumption of just how many you thought wanted this ridiculous idea implemented ingame... but your lack of proof other than a handful of players in another of your polls seems to show nothing more than that.. a few and that is in no way factual evidence that it is something this community wants .. therefore ANET need do nothing more than chuckle and splutter their morning coffee over the screen when trying to take this seriously.

Bottom line is you made out this was in high demand.. now its just about you and a few of others, likely in your guild or RP list.

Lesson.. maybe try not to make such bold assumptions on the back of.. seriously small sample sizes - -saves backpeddling up hill in the future :)

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > I'm not trying to be obtuse. I simply don't understand why the devs should spend time on this sort of thing. Also, due to the age rating of the game, I would find it highly unlikely that Anet would want to dabble in this sort of thing.

> >

>

> again, i dont understand this kind of sentiment, what does age rating have to do with marriage?

>

> the game has ppl killing other ppl, kidnapping, terrorism violence. yet it's in game marriage that's gonna make little kids go psycho? are you guys ok? like i don't mind if u disagree, but dont start becoming absurd for the sake of not wanting something

This is probably the one thing I could maybe agree with here.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > It will use dev resources that could be used on build temp... yeah right... on anything else. So yes, it will affect everyone in a long run and will be a huge waste of time.

> > > >

> > > > ?? i don't understand this kind of sentiment. yes it will take resources, but given how many ppl are into in-game marriage

> > >

> > > How many exactly?

> >

> > 53+

> >

> > Proof:

> >

> > [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1")

>

> If I was running the company, I wouldn't bother making such feature for 60 people.

huh? it's atually about 90 ppl out of 194 voters. but i was lazy to do maths...

i added and it's 46% or higher who would participate in in-game marriage, that's a pretty high number.

besides, A LOT OF content in the game is made for niche players. example... achievement points... who do these to get 30k+ AP? certainly not majority.

who do dailies everyday? nobody except those who like mundane things.

adventures, mini games, SAB..., jumping puzzles...

a lot of things in the game are not liked by majority... Tangled Depths map... I love this map but majority hates it.

it doesn't mean they shouldn't be made. minority who love those content are paying customers too.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > It will use dev resources that could be used on build temp... yeah right... on anything else. So yes, it will affect everyone in a long run and will be a huge waste of time.

> > > > >

> > > > > ?? i don't understand this kind of sentiment. yes it will take resources, but given how many ppl are into in-game marriage

> > > >

> > >

> > > 53+

> > >

> > > Proof:

> > >

> > > [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1")

> >

> > LoL.. That's your proof that the gaming community wants in game marriages.. hahah that is some funny stuff right there.

> > Seriously small sample size put out on a forum that likely counts for < 1% of the gaming community.

> > Devs.. must develop marriage system, buffs to go with it, housing, kids, divorce court, settlement laws and everything else alongside it.. cos 53 people say they want to be married.. ahhmmm... wouldn't that mean one of them gets left out btw, or are we talking open marriages, do they have the chance to change religions to allow more than one wifey/husband... whilst were at it will there be equal rights and voting laws etc, etc depending on where they actually live in the real world or will Tyria now have to enforce its own rulesets around this...

> >

> > Suggest you stop watching things like Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle and come back to the real world, butterflies and all.

>

> ??? im not saying majority wants it, u need to read the context of the post. the guy made it seem like i'm the only one that wants it... but there are several others who want it.... don't care if it's 1% out of the whole community... i'm not the only one is my point.

No sir, I didn't ever claimed you are the only one. You said to consider the numbers of people wanting this feature and I asked how many it is.

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > It will use dev resources that could be used on build temp... yeah right... on anything else. So yes, it will affect everyone in a long run and will be a huge waste of time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ?? i don't understand this kind of sentiment. yes it will take resources, but given how many ppl are into in-game marriage

> > > > >

> > > > > How many exactly?

> > > >

> > > > 53+

> > > >

> > > > Proof:

> > > >

> > > > [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1")

> > >

> > > LoL.. That's your proof that the gaming community wants in game marriages.. hahah that is some funny stuff right there.

> > > Seriously small sample size put out on a forum that likely counts for < 1% of the gaming community.

> > > Devs.. must develop marriage system, buffs to go with it, housing, kids, divorce court, settlement laws and everything else alongside it.. cos 53 people say they want to be married.. ahhmmm... wouldn't that mean one of them gets left out btw, or are we talking open marriages, do they have the chance to change religions to allow more than one wifey/husband... whilst were at it will there be equal rights and voting laws etc, etc depending on where they actually live in the real world or will Tyria now have to enforce its own rulesets around this...

> > >

> > > Suggest you stop watching things like Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle and come back to the real world, butterflies and all.

> >

> > ??? im not saying majority wants it, u need to read the context of the post. the guy made it seem like i'm the only one that wants it... but there are several others who want it.... don't care if it's 1% out of the whole community... i'm not the only one is my point.

>

> It think its you who are now trying to backpeddle your assumption of just how many you thought wanted this ridiculous idea implemented ingame... but your lack of proof other than a handful of players in another of your polls seems to show nothing more than that.. a few and that is in no way factual evidence that it is something this community wants .. therefore ANET need do nothing more than chuckle and splutter their morning coffee over the screen when trying to take this seriously.

> Bottom line is you made out this was in high demand.. now its just about you and a few of others, likely in your guild or RP list.

>

> Lesson.. maybe try not to make such bold assumptions on the back of.. seriously small sample sizes - -saves backpeddling up hill in the future :)

i dont understand what you just said. how u want me to make bigger sample? i can't force ppl in the game to vote on my poll.. what u see is what u get. ppl want in game marriage. ppl i talked to/played with want it.

i'm not alone. simple as that.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > It will use dev resources that could be used on build temp... yeah right... on anything else. So yes, it will affect everyone in a long run and will be a huge waste of time.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ?? i don't understand this kind of sentiment. yes it will take resources, but given how many ppl are into in-game marriage

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How many exactly?

> > > > >

> > > > > 53+

> > > > >

> > > > > Proof:

> > > > >

> > > > > [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1")

> > > >

> > > > LoL.. That's your proof that the gaming community wants in game marriages.. hahah that is some funny stuff right there.

> > > > Seriously small sample size put out on a forum that likely counts for < 1% of the gaming community.

> > > > Devs.. must develop marriage system, buffs to go with it, housing, kids, divorce court, settlement laws and everything else alongside it.. cos 53 people say they want to be married.. ahhmmm... wouldn't that mean one of them gets left out btw, or are we talking open marriages, do they have the chance to change religions to allow more than one wifey/husband... whilst were at it will there be equal rights and voting laws etc, etc depending on where they actually live in the real world or will Tyria now have to enforce its own rulesets around this...

> > > >

> > > > Suggest you stop watching things like Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle and come back to the real world, butterflies and all.

> > >

> > > ??? im not saying majority wants it, u need to read the context of the post. the guy made it seem like i'm the only one that wants it... but there are several others who want it.... don't care if it's 1% out of the whole community... i'm not the only one is my point.

> >

> > It think its you who are now trying to backpeddle your assumption of just how many you thought wanted this ridiculous idea implemented ingame... but your lack of proof other than a handful of players in another of your polls seems to show nothing more than that.. a few and that is in no way factual evidence that it is something this community wants .. therefore ANET need do nothing more than chuckle and splutter their morning coffee over the screen when trying to take this seriously.

> > Bottom line is you made out this was in high demand.. now its just about you and a few of others, likely in your guild or RP list.

> >

> > Lesson.. maybe try not to make such bold assumptions on the back of.. seriously small sample sizes - -saves backpeddling up hill in the future :)

>

> i dont understand what you just said. how u want me to make bigger sample? i can't force ppl in the game to vote on my poll.. what u see is what u get. ppl want in game marriage. ppl i talked to/played with want it.

>

> i'm not alone. simple as that.

That is not what your post said and I think you know it.. as a counter Kheldorn asked you how many when you made your statement "considering how many want this"... your answer was to provide nothing more than a small sample.. look up what that means, it kinda means not that much in the context of what you made it out to be.

Sure your not the only one, but neither is there a large number of players like you were making out based on your evidence and certainly nowhere near indicative enough to make ANET take it remotely serious.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > 53+

> > >

> > > Proof:

> > >

> >

> > If I was running the company, I wouldn't bother making such feature for 60 people.

>

> huh? it's atually about 90 ppl out of 194 voters. but i was lazy to do maths...

>

> i added and it's 46% or higher who would participate in in-game marriage, that's a pretty high number.

>

> besides, A LOT OF content in the game is made for niche players. example... achievement points... who do these to get 30k+ AP? certainly not majority.

> who do dailies everyday? nobody except those who like mundane things.

> adventures, mini games, SAB..., jumping puzzles...

>

> a lot of things in the game are not liked by majority... Tangled Depths map... I love this map but majority hates it.

>

> it doesn't mean they shouldn't be made. minority who love those content are paying customers too.

There is so many things wrong with this post...

> i added and it's 46% or higher who would participate in in-game marriage, that's a pretty high number.

200 voters is irrelevant in a 11 million account game

> besides, A LOT OF content in the game is made for niche players. example... achievement points... who do these to get 30k+ AP? certainly not majority.

you could use many examples to back up this claim and you used the one that doesn't help you at all

> adventures, mini games, SAB..., jumping puzzles...

I agree that adventures and mini games are wasted resources, just like marriage system is going to be. SAB and Jumping puzzles are played regularly, especially when connected with achievements.

> a lot of things in the game are not liked by majority... Tangled Depths map... I love this map but majority hates it.

and yet TD meta event is played every day every 2 hours (it has 2h timer right?), people complete this map every day, do events on it every day

> it doesn't mean they shouldn't be made. minority who love those content are paying customers too.

Actually it does, because what you ask for in this thread is not fluffy skin or a title, but whole new concept with unique buffs and UI changes. Ultimately, devs will judge if it's worth to put effort in it. But if you ask me, I want other stuff, like build templates or customisable UI to be done instead of fluff non-content like marriage system.

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > It will use dev resources that could be used on build temp... yeah right... on anything else. So yes, it will affect everyone in a long run and will be a huge waste of time.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ?? i don't understand this kind of sentiment. yes it will take resources, but given how many ppl are into in-game marriage

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How many exactly?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 53+

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Proof:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1")

> > > > >

> > > > > LoL.. That's your proof that the gaming community wants in game marriages.. hahah that is some funny stuff right there.

> > > > > Seriously small sample size put out on a forum that likely counts for < 1% of the gaming community.

> > > > > Devs.. must develop marriage system, buffs to go with it, housing, kids, divorce court, settlement laws and everything else alongside it.. cos 53 people say they want to be married.. ahhmmm... wouldn't that mean one of them gets left out btw, or are we talking open marriages, do they have the chance to change religions to allow more than one wifey/husband... whilst were at it will there be equal rights and voting laws etc, etc depending on where they actually live in the real world or will Tyria now have to enforce its own rulesets around this...

> > > > >

> > > > > Suggest you stop watching things like Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle and come back to the real world, butterflies and all.

> > > >

> > > > ??? im not saying majority wants it, u need to read the context of the post. the guy made it seem like i'm the only one that wants it... but there are several others who want it.... don't care if it's 1% out of the whole community... i'm not the only one is my point.

> > >

> > > It think its you who are now trying to backpeddle your assumption of just how many you thought wanted this ridiculous idea implemented ingame... but your lack of proof other than a handful of players in another of your polls seems to show nothing more than that.. a few and that is in no way factual evidence that it is something this community wants .. therefore ANET need do nothing more than chuckle and splutter their morning coffee over the screen when trying to take this seriously.

> > > Bottom line is you made out this was in high demand.. now its just about you and a few of others, likely in your guild or RP list.

> > >

> > > Lesson.. maybe try not to make such bold assumptions on the back of.. seriously small sample sizes - -saves backpeddling up hill in the future :)

> >

> > i dont understand what you just said. how u want me to make bigger sample? i can't force ppl in the game to vote on my poll.. what u see is what u get. ppl want in game marriage. ppl i talked to/played with want it.

> >

> > i'm not alone. simple as that.

>

> That is not what your post said and I think you know it.. as a counter Kheldorn asked you how many when you made your statement "considering how many want this"... your answer was to provide nothing more than a small sample.. look up what that means, it kinda means not that much in the context of what you made it out to be.

> Sure your not the only one, but neither is there a large number of players like you were making out based on your evidence.

considering how many want this =/= majority want this... it means a lot yes.... but it doesn't have to be majority... i never claim majority want it... as evident by responses in this thread and also in my opening posts i knew a lot of ppl were going to defy it... so why would i imply majority want it? :confused :

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > It will use dev resources that could be used on build temp... yeah right... on anything else. So yes, it will affect everyone in a long run and will be a huge waste of time.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ?? i don't understand this kind of sentiment. yes it will take resources, but given how many ppl are into in-game marriage

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > How many exactly?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 53+

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Proof:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13787/if-in-game-marriage-is-introduced-do-u-have-anybody-in-mind/p1")

> > > > > >

> > > > > > LoL.. That's your proof that the gaming community wants in game marriages.. hahah that is some funny stuff right there.

> > > > > > Seriously small sample size put out on a forum that likely counts for < 1% of the gaming community.

> > > > > > Devs.. must develop marriage system, buffs to go with it, housing, kids, divorce court, settlement laws and everything else alongside it.. cos 53 people say they want to be married.. ahhmmm... wouldn't that mean one of them gets left out btw, or are we talking open marriages, do they have the chance to change religions to allow more than one wifey/husband... whilst were at it will there be equal rights and voting laws etc, etc depending on where they actually live in the real world or will Tyria now have to enforce its own rulesets around this...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Suggest you stop watching things like Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle and come back to the real world, butterflies and all.

> > > > >

> > > > > ??? im not saying majority wants it, u need to read the context of the post. the guy made it seem like i'm the only one that wants it... but there are several others who want it.... don't care if it's 1% out of the whole community... i'm not the only one is my point.

> > > >

> > > > It think its you who are now trying to backpeddle your assumption of just how many you thought wanted this ridiculous idea implemented ingame... but your lack of proof other than a handful of players in another of your polls seems to show nothing more than that.. a few and that is in no way factual evidence that it is something this community wants .. therefore ANET need do nothing more than chuckle and splutter their morning coffee over the screen when trying to take this seriously.

> > > > Bottom line is you made out this was in high demand.. now its just about you and a few of others, likely in your guild or RP list.

> > > >

> > > > Lesson.. maybe try not to make such bold assumptions on the back of.. seriously small sample sizes - -saves backpeddling up hill in the future :)

> > >

> > > i dont understand what you just said. how u want me to make bigger sample? i can't force ppl in the game to vote on my poll.. what u see is what u get. ppl want in game marriage. ppl i talked to/played with want it.

> > >

> > > i'm not alone. simple as that.

> >

> > That is not what your post said and I think you know it.. as a counter Kheldorn asked you how many when you made your statement "considering how many want this"... your answer was to provide nothing more than a small sample.. look up what that means, it kinda means not that much in the context of what you made it out to be.

> > Sure your not the only one, but neither is there a large number of players like you were making out based on your evidence.

>

> considering how many want this =/= majority want this... it means a lot yes.... but it doesn't have to be majority... i never claim majority want it... as evident by responses in this thread and also in my opening posts i knew a lot of ppl were going to defy it... so why would i imply majority want it? :confused :

No it doesn't mean a lot.. only in your head.

You were the one making the statement and making out it was a bigger thing than what your poll made out.. backpeddle all you want, but you blew your whole "considering just how many want this" theory to pieces when you tried to prove your claim.

You think 50 names out of 100k, 300k, 1mill, 3.3mill (or whatever the latest guessed game pop is) will make ANET stop and think.. we should do this. Now if your poll had showed 5000 names perhaps, then things might start to go beyond a seriously small sample size into small sample size.. then maybe if you got 20k names it might be something ANET might think to develop a revenue stream around.. cos at the end of the day GW2 is a product and it needs to make money not just cost money.. and developing this stuff costs money, then of course they have to support it, nuts bolts and all.

Questions:

1) I have 34 characters. How do they all get married?

2) What happens when the player of a character I'm married to quits the game? I'm stuck forever since they can't agree to the divorce?

You claim it's not about the bonuses, but your signature suggests otherwise. So, if it's not about the bonuses, then all you need is wedding attire, flowers, a place, friends to witness, and food & entertainment afterwards -- assuming you are thinking of a "western wedding" or whatever that would be called (norn may prefer slaughtering something, charr sacking a town, whatever). I see all those things in the game right now. Lion's Arch has a venue and a flower merchant. Gem store stuff, of course. Friends... you're on your own there.

I'm all for it, just eliminate any bonuses and penalties, dowry and divorce fees, and provide a means of one-sided divorce.

Oh, and add mistresses/adulterers/etc to the game as well.

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> Questions:

>

> 1) I have 34 characters. How do they all get married?

>

replied to another forumer, pick ur main and get it married.

> 2) What happens when the player of a character I'm married to quits the game? I'm stuck forever since they can't agree to the divorce?

>

well if they were true to u they would let u know b4hand theyre gonna quit the game. u get the title "Widower" if ur partner dies irl or missing in the game for more than 3months or something like that.

> You claim it's not about the bonuses, but your signature suggests otherwise. So, if it's not about the bonuses, then all you need is wedding attire, flowers, a place, friends to witness, and food & entertainment afterwards -- assuming you are thinking of a "western wedding" or whatever that would be called (norn may prefer slaughtering something, charr sacking a town, whatever). I see all those things in the game right now. Lion's Arch has a venue and a flower merchant. Gem store stuff, of course. Friends... you're on your own there.

>

it's about bonuses, being able to show off ur marriage status... it's like showing off a legendary weapon, hence the cosmetic wedding rings from gemstores. and having a functionality like inviting friends/guildmates to ur wedding...

i mean we have boxes o' fun and stupid crap like aviator's memory box, yet nobody complain about these things??? WHY???

why is in game marriage more disastrous than those stupid things? and minis... what is even the point of minis? why are resources wasted on them?

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> i mean we have boxes o' fun and stupid crap like aviator's memory box, yet nobody complain about these things??? WHY???

Because these are toys and post processing effects, while your idea of marriage system requires creating whole new framework and UI solutions which costs time and money which could be used for more popular requests instead or even content creation.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > i mean we have boxes o' fun and stupid crap like aviator's memory box, yet nobody complain about these things??? WHY???

>

> Because these are toys and post processing effects, while your idea of marriage system requires creating whole new framework and UI solutions which costs time and money which could be used for more popular requests instead or even content creation.

well anet can take it or leave it idc either way. i gave a well thought out idea. my job here is done.

i will continue to love new ideas from anet with or without in game marriage... it's not like my gw2 enjoyability depends on it...

i prefer game devs being able to implement new ideas and evolve teh game without restrictions like most of yall put on them. i love gw2 cuz it keeps evolving... not because it's stuck in a one-dimensional place i.e. the core game.

also not answering any more questions, use ur imaginations, fellas & ladies

No to this concept...

have posted some time ago in an other thread concept about Marriag,e which is the only way how Id accept somethign like that added as feature into the game...

But this "concept" I find personalyl absolutely terrible and has nothign to do anymore with a fun feature - when it comes down to such nosense like dowries and divorces feeling to players more like "punishments" they way how the Op wants these things to functionize...

If peopel would use only more the now functionizing search function, we'd not see the same topics and ideas appear again every X months after an initial thread has basically disappeared liek far beyong like page 5+ or so after the frontpage of the forum, until where lazy people are willign to search if there exist already similar threads (if at all) xD

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> huh? it's atually about 90 ppl out of 194 voters. but i was lazy to do maths...

>

It's 46% of a self-selecting sample of less than 200 people. Any statistician would tell you that that makes it essentially worthless. The small sample size counts against it by "widening" the margin for error (for 194 people, the margin is +/- 7% or thereabouts if we assume a 95% confidence interval(1)), but the "self-selecting" part means that all you can really say is that 90 of 194 people who voted voted that way.

What does "self-selecting" mean? Well, it means that the people who participated saw the thing and decided to participate. It's likely that people supporting it are overrepresented relative to the overall game population. In reality, *all* polls are self-selecting (none of the poll-taking organisations can *compel* participation), although people who get a call from Gallup or Neilson are more likely to participate even if they aren't interested, compared to "oh, Dog, another poll, next thread" where nobody will even notice if you don't participate. You don't have to speak to a person (even a voice on the phone) who has just spoken politely to you, and say, "No."

So there will be a large slice of people who see the poll and say, "meh," and most of those would not have voted "yes". They would, at best, vote "meh".

(1) That is, the probability of the *true* result being within 7 points of the poll result is 95%. Well, except for the "self-selecting" part.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> well if they were true to u they would let u know b4hand theyre gonna quit the game. u get the title "Widower" if ur partner dies irl or missing in the game for more than 3months or something like that.

Becoming a widower is NOT a fun experience. I've been one for nearly three years, and nothing about it is fun, and nor was the way it happened, and yet you want to make it into a sort of game? What got into your head when you decided to say that?