Harvesting Tools in Shared Inventory slots unequippable

Same here, have heard a few people in my guild it's fine for but a lot having same problem we are. Double clicking or just right clicking and pressing equip doesn't work. Tried on a few different characters. For what it's worth, i have normal tools on my characters so i can swap them when double clicking on my perma tools from the shared slots and then swap them back when I'm done (not sure if that making a difference or not).

> @"Elvarazsollak.5193" said:

> you need to have one free shared slot to be able to swap a harvesting tool from a shared slot

This is a work around and proves it is a bug in my opinion. keeping a shared slot open does allow you to swap the tools. You should not need to have a paid slot be kept free either. Until this patch I have had 100% of my shared slots full and was able to swap. Looking forward to the fix! <3

I am experiencing the same thing. I have a Watchwork Mining Pick (Glyph of the Watchknight), Chop-It-All Logging Axe (Glyph of the Leatherworker), and Consortium Harvesting Sickle (no glyph) in three of my six shared inventory slots. The other three slots are filled with other things. Double clicking any of the permanent gathering tools does not equip them, nor does right clicking them and choosing "Equip", however the item equipping noise still occurs when using either method. Removing any item from the other three shared inventory slots does allow me to double click and right click to equip the gathering tools, however.

I hope this is a bug.

• ArenaNet Staff

We're looking into this and should be able to post some info soon.

In the meantime, yes, there is a valid workaround: If you have a piece of equipment you wish to equip, either free up a shared inventory slot or move the item you wish to equip to your inventory and equip the item from there.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> We're looking into this and should be able to post some info soon.

>

> In the meantime, yes, there is a valid workaround: If you have a piece of equipment you wish to equip, either free up a shared inventory slot or move the item you wish to equip to your inventory and equip the item from there.

Great! The workaround did the job for this evening. Hopefully a fix is easy and a hot-fix is live tomorrow morning (Europe time) when I log in again :)

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> Here is abetter workaround : give a free shared slot to everyone until the bug is fixed.

No, that's not a workaround, that's a giveaway. ;) I'm sure you're kidding, but I'm gonna say it: No. Just... no. :)

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> > Here is abetter workaround : give a free shared slot to everyone until the bug is fixed.

>

> No, that's not a workaround, that's a giveaway. ;) I'm sure you're kidding, but I'm gonna say it: No. Just... no. :)

Cannot blame for for having tried ^_^

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> > > Here is abetter workaround : give a free shared slot to everyone until the bug is fixed.

> >

> > No, that's not a workaround, that's a giveaway. ;) I'm sure you're kidding, but I'm gonna say it: No. Just... no. :)

>

> Cannot blame for for having tried ^_^

~lol~ Yeah, I guess it was worth a few pixels tossed into the mix, eh? ;)

> @"Kaatora.3186" said:

> It is not just harvesting tools, it is anything that can be equipped that is in a shared inventory slot.

True, I thinks it's just that farmers were first to notice it that early. And we probably should see about merging with [this](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39347/can-no-longer-equip-items-from-shared-inventory-slots#latest "Merge").

but the work around of keeping an empty space in shared slots still works. It's just not a happy one, but it works! For now anyway. Iirc it took a day or to to fix it last time also?

LOLZ! still Try'n for a free space there Blanche Neige.7241?! =)