Should daily objectives be separated by currently occupied region?

**Grumpy Foreword**

I had another nasty night of dealing with how much I absolutely regret ever buying Heart of Thorns. I never really got along with it, and every time it pops up as a daily objective, it feels like such a chore. Today's rotation had me doing an Activity in Verdant Brink that felt horribly unresponsive at times (and if you took one branch, you would instantly die regardless, so ... guess that Stealth Gliding I unlocked way back wasn't useful at all, huh.) -- which has finally pushed me to make this forum post.

So .... yes. This request is entirely selfish and because I really, *really* can't stand the vast majority of Heart of Thorns' story maps and associated content (oddly LS3 was pretty alright by comparison).

## Daily Objectives should be separated by the player's currently occupied region

We already separate out almost all other content by Core Tyria, Heart of Maguuma, and Elona, so why not the daily objectives? Some days I just don't feel like warping all the way back to Elona to do a Bounty (or scrounge a party for one), or to come all the way back to Fireheart Rise when I'm already sitting in Vabbi from the last daily I did. So please, let's split them out.

It'd make more sense, keep everything consolidated, and for those of us who either don't want to (or simply refuse to) go to other regions, it'd be a huge break. Besides, the game is about fun and choice at its heart, so giving us the choice of where we want to do our dailies would be grand.

### We're already doing that, too

*Curious? Check out the first listing in the [Categories](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement#Categories) section of Achievements, which refers to Daily Achievements.*

Bloodstone Fen was the first (in memory) to introduce the idea of a map-specific set of Daily Objectives. Since then, every Living Story specific map has had similar, so it only makes sense to build this out into the world of Tyria as a whole.

Spending a few days getting the 150 Diflourite Crystals I needed (but that's another rant; why aren't these rewards completely open like the LS3 ascended reward items were?) was a reminder of this, as I often had to ask a friend, "Hey, what are dailies today? I can't see them from here."

That's kind of where the idea stems from, actually.

### It'd also help curb the population influx

Nothing is more annoying than getting a "Event Completer" objective and realizing that *all of Tyria* is now occupying the same map, vying for the same events, and hovering around like vultures just *waiting* for that crazy Asura to try to experiment on some Ettins again. The same holds true for Mini Dungeon and Jumping Puzzle objectives -- you get huge surges of people coming in to do the same thing, and tromping around all willy-nilly.

Separating things out by geographic region would likewise diversify player population around the map, rather than seeing a rolling wave of players coming and going from select areas. And considering we already have Megaservers, it's not like doing this would result in a sudden dearth of willing participants, when after all, your guild, your friends, party-members, and even wandering heroes are always nearby.

### It isn't triple the dailies, it's triple the choice

The final rewards of **10 Awesome Points** (yes, they're called that now), **2 Gold**, and **3 Spirit Shards** could remain locked to the completion of *any three (3) objectives* as it already is -- just like how doing dailies in Bloodstone Fen, Bitterfrost Frontier, Siren's Sound, or Draconis Mons are all separate from one another, as they're likewise separated from Fractals dailies and PvE/PvP/WvW dailies.

PvP and WvW dailies are already pretty versatile and map-agnostic, so giving a similar ... ahem, *laurel* to PvE players and letting them choose where they want to do their dailies would be pretty awesome.

## Vote time! (and afterword)

Anyway, whether for or against or something else entirely, I'm opening up the discussion to a poll as well to get a sense of how people feel about the whole idea. And to make a less-grumpy afterword, I actually really *like* dailies. I loved them back when there were Monthlies, too. It kept me in the game doing things, because I could just go to wherever I felt like being for an hour or two and get some fun in *and get rewarded for it*. It was wonderful and something I really miss from the early game. And maybe this is me trying to nudge things back in that direction, but I honestly don't mind the new system; I just don't like quitting out some nights or not even trying them altogether because it feels like going to the Heart of Maguuma is a huge chore and never enjoyable for me.

So you're saying we should have 4 Core Tyria dailies, 4 HoT dailies and 4 PoF dailies?

I'm not against offering people more choice, but I think this would defeat the purpose of using dailies to get players to break out of their personal comfort zones and do something they wouldn't normally choose to do, even if only for a few minutes. Plus I think they're intended to bring people together on the same map, that's why they started doing map specific event dailies instead of the old "complete 15 events" or whatever it was.

Besides if you don't want to do them you can just skip the dailies for that day. I've been making (for me) a real effort to do them regularly over the last few months, but even so if I don't see 3 I really want to do or can do extremely quickly I'll just leave it until the next day. Now the total points you get from them are capped and they don't give laurels you're not missing anything if you skip a day.

> @"fluffdragon.1523" said:

> Spending a few days getting the 150 Diflourite Crystals I needed (but that's another rant; why aren't these rewards completely open like the LS3 ascended reward items were?) was a reminder of this, as I often had to ask a friend, "Hey, what are dailies today? I can't see them from here."

You can see all the dailies (and other achievements) from anywhere in the world by opening the Hero Panel, going to Achievements, then the Daily category and selecting the set of dailies you want to see.

Get rid of dailies completely...

If I complete a daily, it's by accident; not by intent. I play the game; I don't play the Wiki; I don't play the zergs; I don't go with the crowd. I just play whichever one of my nine characters is currently in rotation and always with an objective for that character's session. I'm not going to be manipulated by ANet's schemes.

The dailies are intended to bounce players all over creation so as to distribute them over more than one zone (reduce server loading) and make it appear as if there are more players in game than there are (marketing). If everyone (mostly maxed-out characters) was only playing the top-end zones, raids, and fractals, the game would appear empty.

> @"Lord Kreegan.8123" said:

> Get rid of dailies completely...

~snip~

> The dailies are intended to bounce players all over creation so as to distribute them over more than one zone (reduce server loading) and make it appear as if there are more players in game than there are (marketing). If everyone (mostly maxed-out characters) was only playing the top-end zones, raids, and fractals, the game would appear empty.

First off, point one is completely wrong, unless you think each zone is on a separate server, second reason it's wrong is that everyone is being sent to the same zones to complete the same dailies(it's grouped by level, remember?). Thirdly, obviously you don't notice how many new players there are or veterans playing new characters in the low level zones, a lot more than you think...and since this is the time between both expansions and LW episides of course population is down, but looking at the sales number it's not as low as you might think it is.

For the OP, there's a reason they want you to pop all around the world to do different dailies...one is to get people to go to zones they normally wouldn't visit, and a second, though certainly a lot lower on the totem pole is the very, very minor gold sink.

P.S. - I've found that doing the Daily Activity one is really simple...all you have to do is enter the activity, attempt one or two of what ever is required and presto, Participation completed...I do those instead of bothering with the region specific ones(i.e VB), but it sounds like you do all 4, which is completely unnecessary as you only need 3 to get your Achievement Points(which for some reason is what mine still show up as).

> @"Lord Kreegan.8123" said:

> Get rid of dailies completely...

> If I complete a daily, it's by accident; not by intent. I play the game; I don't play the Wiki; I don't play the zergs; I don't go with the crowd. I just play whichever one of my nine characters is currently in rotation and always with an objective for that character's session. I'm not going to be manipulated by ANet's schemes.

> The dailies are intended to bounce players all over creation so as to distribute them over more than one zone (reduce server loading) and make it appear as if there are more players in game than there are (marketing). If everyone (mostly maxed-out characters) was only playing the top-end zones, raids, and fractals, the game would appear empty.

That made me laugh lol

Should've brought my tinfoil hat before coming to forums

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

>

> P.S. - I've found that doing the Daily Activity one is really simple...all you have to do is enter the activity, attempt one or two of what ever is required and presto, Participation completed...I do those instead of bothering with the region specific ones(i.e VB), but it sounds like you do all 4, which is completely unnecessary as you only need 3 to get your Achievement Points(which for some reason is what mine still show up as).

>

Actually, it is my experience that you don't have to do anything. You just need to be in the instance when the match finishes. The last time Sanctum Sprint was a daily I popped in and a second later, before I could even move, I had my participation because I entered the instance just before the match ended. I've had that happen with Southsun Survival as well. I'm not sure if that's intended, but it sure is convenient. ;)

How would "currently occupied region" work? What does that even mean? I have 34 characters scattered all over the world, so what is my currently occupied region? Or could I log in a character in Tyria, check out those daily offerings, and decide to do one there, log in another to the jungle, do one there, etc?

I'm inherently lazy, so would love to see the Daily options expanded so I could always do a gather, vista, and Mesmer-assisted jumping puzzle. :)

I will add that dailies are nothing that's required. Sure, nice to get the shinies, but another daily will be offered tomorrow, and the next day...

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

>

> >

> > P.S. - I've found that doing the Daily Activity one is really simple...all you have to do is enter the activity, attempt one or two of what ever is required and presto, Participation completed...I do those instead of bothering with the region specific ones(i.e VB), but it sounds like you do all 4, which is completely unnecessary as you only need 3 to get your Achievement Points(which for some reason is what mine still show up as).

> >

>

> Actually, it is my experience that you don't have to do anything. You just need to be in the instance when the match finishes. The last time Sanctum Sprint was a daily I popped in and a second later, before I could even move, I had my participation because I entered the instance just before the match ended. I've had that happen with Southsun Survival as well. I'm not sure if that's intended, but it sure is convenient. ;)

That's true, all it says is Participate, I did that the first time with Keg Brawl...not sure if that's the intention like you say, but after ignoring that one for so long I find it's almost the easiest.

Personally I found the low level zone event daily is much more annoying. Events there are usually short, things die in a second and you have 20 raptors jumping into a lv 5 mob.

But I understand it's needed so new players/free to play players can have a chance to complete daily in pve zones.