EU gw2 client with US version of expansion?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> short story: yes

>

> longer story: there's no regional protection on the code. The only difference between EU & NA is which data center stores your account details.

And that's determined when you pick a server. If you add the code to your existing account it won't be affected, no matter where you buy the expansion.

My husband used a US copy of the base game to create an account on the EU servers and it was exactly the same as me creating one using a UK copy.

Actually, there are regions, but the effect is so limited it not of any important. Your original key is bound to a region. You can however apply almost any key from any region.

The only expectation we know off where some give away keys for a free ingame item given out at conventions. They handed the wrong one at the wrong convention which led to a lot of complaints. All complaints have been resolved and since then there have never been reports of regional bound keys. So for conversation sake, you will not encounter any issues and your least concern should be expansions.

> @"Cold Hearted Person.6154" said:

> Thanks for the answer, just bought it and everything works fine.

> Now just need to look out for another sweet deal, this time with PoF.

I would keep an eye on places like dlgamer. they often have discounts.