About some skins

I wonder if the rumors about Halloween skins are true. Like the jetpack Molten which was absurdly priced, the ghastly shield, Scythe Staff and Greatsaw Greatsword will be worth less in a few days? I also wanted to know the justification of the currently absurd values in these skins (there are people paying two thousand in gold).

What makes you think these skins are going to be worth less in a few days? It's unlikely we're going to get an update on Tuesday since we just had one, and even if we did it seems unlikely it would affect those skins and not others. You seem to be assuming we're all familiar with a rumour about this, but as far as I'm aware nothing has been said about the Halloween skins for a long time.

As for the current price it's simply supply and demand. The Trading Post prices are set entirely by players and those skins are quite rare and popular, which means low supply, high demand and therefore people willing to pay high prices to get them.

The value of the skins (that is, "what they are good for") will not change. They are good for changing the appearance of weapons, and they will continue being able to do that.

The Trading Post *price* of the skins might go up, go down, or even remain the same. No way to tell. These rumours are worth exactly as much as the paper they are printed on.

And before you say it, yes, I know they aren't printed on paper. That's more or less the point. The rumours are worth NOTHING without something concrete to back them up. If you can't cite something that explains *why* they would go down in price, most likely a sudden increase in availability, you can't justify paying such rumours any heed at all.

As you do not cite your source, just saying this out of the blue could appear to some as an attempt to cause panic selling to the high bid. If that is not your purpose, and your source is not some illicit NDA breach, perhaps you could expound?

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> As you do not cite your source, just saying this out of the blue could appear to some as an attempt to cause panic selling to the high bid. If that is not your purpose, and your source is not some illicit NDA breach, perhaps you could expound?

I heard about it in the game. If you stop to read carefully, you will see that I asked a question and not a statement. No dude, I do not have gold for this type of transaction.

> @"RayssaMoreira.3728" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > As you do not cite your source, just saying this out of the blue could appear to some as an attempt to cause panic selling to the high bid. If that is not your purpose, and your source is not some illicit NDA breach, perhaps you could expound?

>

> I heard about it in the game. If you stop to read carefully, you will see that I asked a question and not a statement. No dude, I do not have gold for this type of transaction.

So some random person in game said something? And how would they know? What was the source of their information that made you think they had inside knowledge?

> @"RayssaMoreira.3728" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > As you do not cite your source, just saying this out of the blue could appear to some as an attempt to cause panic selling to the high bid. If that is not your purpose, and your source is not some illicit NDA breach, perhaps you could expound?

>

> I heard about it in the game. If you stop to read carefully, you will see that I asked a question and not a statement. No dude, I do not have gold for this type of transaction.

Oh, in that case I can tell you the opposite is true. These skins are actually going to jump up in price later this week and then keep getting more expensive right up until next Halloween.

Now you've heard about that on the forum. That source is just as reliable as your previous one, but totally contradictory. Which one do you believe?

In case it's unclear to anyone I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen with the price of these skins and I only said they're going to get more expensive because it's the opposite of what was said before. I am not a reliable source for this information. But that's the point, without information to back it up no random person on the internet is a reliable source for...pretty much anything.

The problem here is you asked your question in a way that assumes everyone reading it knows everything you do about the situation. We weren't there when this random person told you those skins are going to drop in price, we're just now hearing about it from you. So you've basically put yourself into the position of the person giving this information, but without providing any proof to back it up. We don't know who told you or how they know so we can't possibly tell you if they're correct or not, and by asking the question as if we all know all about it you've given the impression that you do have that information, which leads people to expect that they can get the answers from you.

If you had said something like "Some random stranger in-game told me that these skins are going to drop in price soon. Does anyone know if that's true or why it would happen?" it would have been a lot clearer. And we could have told you...well, pretty much what Donari said above - that without proof there is absolutely no reason to believe them.

If you're hoping you'll be able to buy these skins after the price drops then there's no harm in watching to see if it happens. It probably won't, but all you've lost is the time it takes to find out. If you've got one to sell then it's riskier to wait and see (since, if it is true, you'll lose gold) but since at the moment this is based on absolutely nothing except someone in-game saying it's true I think it's pretty safe to assume it's not and you can carry on with whatever plan you had to sell it before.

cuz it's rare... ppl like rare things.

if "The Ugly Stick" (an in game hammer skin or something) become rare people will pay 10k gold for it, like if it only has 1 of its kind. idk people are... like that.. even in rl. at least irl rare things are practical for example, diamonds look good, but they also serve a purpose like drilling super hard things and gold is like super good for computer chips etc.

Perhaps, it was the 'bug' fixed a couple of weeks ago that pertained to Halloween Skins; though, it would have absolutely nothing to do with price.

_Wardrobe: Many Halloween 2017 and Gem Store skins are not appearing in the Wardrobe Panel.

Date Solved: 2018-04-26_

Someone may have misinterpreted someone else relaying that information. You know how 'telephone' can work.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Perhaps, it was the 'bug' fixed a couple of weeks ago that pertained to Halloween Skins; though, it would have absolutely nothing to do with price.

>

> _Wardrobe: Many Halloween 2017 and Gem Store skins are not appearing in the Wardrobe Panel.

> Date Solved: 2018-04-26_

>

> Someone may have misinterpreted someone else relaying that information. You know how 'telephone' can work.

To say nothing of the fact that the OP's cited examples include the Scythe Staff, which is NOT a Halloween 2017 item, nor, as far as I know, a Gem Store item.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Perhaps, it was the 'bug' fixed a couple of weeks ago that pertained to Halloween Skins; though, it would have absolutely nothing to do with price.

> >

> > _Wardrobe: Many Halloween 2017 and Gem Store skins are not appearing in the Wardrobe Panel.

> > Date Solved: 2018-04-26_

> >

> > Someone may have misinterpreted someone else relaying that information. You know how 'telephone' can work.

>

> To say nothing of the fact that the OP's cited examples include the Scythe Staff, which is NOT a Halloween 2017 item, nor, as far as I know, a Gem Store item.

It depends on which scythe staff you're talking about. There's 4 I know of from memory, which includes the one just called [scythe Staff ](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scythe_Staff_Skin "Scythe Staff") which is a Halloween skin. (It was one of the very rare drops from Black Lion Chests in the first Halloween and has been available occasionally since, there's now two versions - this one with Skin in the name and one just called Scythe Staff which drops from the Mystic Forge).

There's also the Suntouched Scythe Staff Skin in the gem store, and the other two are the Sunscythe and Final Rest which are both rare drops in-game. There might well be others I've forgotten because I just woke up and haven't had my tea yet.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Perhaps, it was the 'bug' fixed a couple of weeks ago that pertained to Halloween Skins; though, it would have absolutely nothing to do with price.

> > >

> > > _Wardrobe: Many Halloween 2017 and Gem Store skins are not appearing in the Wardrobe Panel.

> > > Date Solved: 2018-04-26_

> > >

> > > Someone may have misinterpreted someone else relaying that information. You know how 'telephone' can work.

> >

> > To say nothing of the fact that the OP's cited examples include the Scythe Staff, which is NOT a Halloween 2017 item, nor, as far as I know, a Gem Store item.

>

> It depends on which scythe staff you're talking about. There's 4 I know of from memory, which includes the one just called [scythe Staff ](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scythe_Staff_Skin "Scythe Staff") which is a Halloween skin. (It was one of the very rare drops from Black Lion Chests in the first Halloween and has been available occasionally since, there's now two versions - this one with Skin in the name and one just called Scythe Staff which drops from the Mystic Forge).

>

> There's also the Suntouched Scythe Staff Skin in the gem store, and the other two are the Sunscythe and Final Rest which are both rare drops in-game. There might well be others I've forgotten because I just woke up and haven't had my tea yet.

>

True, but I did mean the Scythe Staff itself. Otherwise I'd have said something like "staffs(1) shaped like scythes" or something like that. And that one is the one that's astoundingly rare and that occurs on the TP at thousand of gold each.

(1) "Staffs" is the plural of "staff". "Staves" is not. It is the plural of "stave", a word usually used for things like the individual wooden strips that make up a barrel.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> (1) "Staffs" is the plural of "staff". "Staves" is not. It is the plural of "stave", a word usually used for things like the individual wooden strips that make up a barrel.

Staves is the plural form of both stave and staff. The use of "staves" when referring to multiple sticks of wood is just not common in American English.