What happened to Thackeray ?

Aodlop.1907

Thackeray became leader of the Pact, but it was the same deal offered to the player in Season 3 - it's a desk job, or at best directing the troops from a camp well behind the lines. But unlike the player character he seemed to think that was a good deal.

As for Jennah she's in the same position she always was. She's the queen of Kryta and stays in Divinity's Reach ruling the nation and trying to keep the nobles in line. (Which might be easier after Season 3.) She'll continue to come in and out of the story as the plot needs - if we're in Kryta or somehow involved in Krytan politics she might make an appearance (or her representatives like Countess Anise), but if it doesn't involve Kryta she's unlikely to get involved.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Thackeray became leader of the Pact, but it was the same deal offered to the player in Season 3 - it's a desk job, or at best directing the troops from a camp well behind the lines. But unlike the player character he seemed to think that was a good deal.

Of course he did! He's been gravely injured by Mordremoth, who put him in a blighting pod. Also, if you talk to him after the last "The Head of the Snake" palace story mission, he is telling you that he understands his place in Queen Jennah's life now and knows that he needs to leave, and that he feels that his body has changed and he can (at least for now) no longer be on active duty in the field. So that "desk job" was offered to him just at the right time.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > Thackeray became leader of the Pact, but it was the same deal offered to the player in Season 3 - it's a desk job, or at best directing the troops from a camp well behind the lines. But unlike the player character he seemed to think that was a good deal.

>

> Of course he did! He's been gravely injured by Mordremoth, who put him in a blighting pod. Also, if you talk to him after the last "The Head of the Snake" palace story mission, he is telling you that he understands his place in Queen Jennah's life now and knows that he needs to leave, and that he feels that his body has changed and he can (at least for now) no longer be on active duty in the field. So that "desk job" was offered to him just at the right time.

So he won't get depressed because it will make him somehow important in Tyria. ;)

> @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> And what of queen Jennah ? They're important characters, I'd love to see more of them, to see things be done with them. Plus human maps are the most beautiful ones in the game.

> Rytlock has been in the spotlight for a while already.

If you think about it PoF was all about the human race, maybe not the Krytan, but still human. I mean Season 3 was mostly focused on Kryta and the human religion- Caudecus, the Shining Blade, White Mantle, the Gods, Lazarus, Jennah, Livia, Anise etc etc- and then the whole expansion was very human-centric.

I think Charr and Norn don't get too much time on-screen. They are just like a falling stars- suddenly appear, then fastly disappear. It's time to make them visible, since Kralkatorrik flies freely above the Deserts, I think the most endangered regions are Ascalon's. I wonder if this will make the Charr more visible.

And since Jormag sleeps and the Norn (including Braham) are just upset that they can't kill their mortal enemy, so maybe it will build up some lore about it? I don't know, but if there will be the World Summit 2.0 I'd not be surprised if the Norn wouldnt join their forces with the Commander's.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > And what of queen Jennah ? They're important characters, I'd love to see more of them, to see things be done with them. Plus human maps are the most beautiful ones in the game.

> > Rytlock has been in the spotlight for a while already.

>

> If you think about it PoF was all about the human race, maybe not the Krytan, but still human. I mean Season 3 was mostly focused on Kryta and the human religion- Caudecus, the Shining Blade, White Mantle, the Gods, Lazarus, Jennah, Livia, Anise etc etc- and then the whole expansion was very human-centric.

>

> I think Charr and Norn don't get too much time on-screen. They are just like a falling stars- suddenly appear, then fastly disappear. It's time to make them visible, since Kralkatorrik flies freely above the Deserts, I think the most endangered regions are Ascalon's. I wonder if this will make the Charr more visible.

>

> And since Jormag sleeps and the Norn (including Braham) are just upset that they can't kill their mortal enemy, so maybe it will build up some lore about it? I don't know, but if there will be the World Summit 2.0 I'd not be surprised if the Norn wouldnt join their forces with the Commander's.

>

>

>

>

yeah, basically Desolation, Vabbi, Desert Highlands and Crystal Oasis are human centric maps, discounting "transformed" enemies like forged or branded. with except of Elon Riverlands that was filled with "adventurers" of all races.

> @"zengara.8301" said:

> Yeah I dont get that. Wasnt Tyria the last hold for humans? At least what they said when I made a human character

We just now got into contact with Elona and Elona was also a largely human nation. Prior to that we figured Cantha was cut off and half drowned and Elona was under the grip of Palawa Joko--which it is with the exception of Amnoon and the Crystal Highlands.

They also have had a major dragon problem at their doorstep for the longest time, which just got exasperated. So Tyria, Kryta is pretty much the only "safe" hold for humanity.

> @"zengara.8301" said:

> Yeah I dont get that. Wasnt Tyria the last hold for humans? At least what they said when I made a human character

ur not told that **tyria** is the last hold of **humans** but that kryta is the last human Nation in tyria.

Elona is another continent and can, like cantha still be home to a part of the human race

> @"zengara.8301" said:

What's said is:

: The human race once ruled Tyria.

: Now, we struggle to hold our ground.

: We've been defeated, driven back, and broken. But we will not surrender.

: So many nations have fallen. Only Kryta still stands.

But at this time, Elona was out of contact for 50 years and is technically ruled by an undead tyrant rather than humans; and while Cantha is ruled by humans, it's been out contact for 100 years so its state was unknown at that point (we only ever got a hint of its state with Festival of the Four Winds, and the Zephyrites coming from a "place of culture" while hauling jade statues and other artifacts Marjory found similar to her Canthan grandfather's heritage items).

> @"norbes.3620" said:

> Elona is another continent

It's interchangably called its own continent, and a kingdom on the Tyrian continent but not Central Tyria area, oddly enough.