Wvw Shards

Jeroen H.5309

Hey Arenanet,

Thanks for the update of WvW regarding the grandmaster shards.

Unfortunatly this week I allready recieved my Bronze,Silver and Gold chest as most people in WvW.

Will we be able to recieve these shards still seeing we lost out on those :)?

Thanks in advance!

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> People complain about WvW not getting enough attention but are fine when new players feel burned. You must not know what a death knell is.

Burned? How do? As a new player, you are not burned for this any more than an old player. In fact, a higher ranked (platinum or above rank) player is more likely to have progressed past those three chests than a new player. We also missed out on skirmish tickets when they were added, and when they increased the number, as both are time gated each week, and were added mid week.

All game patches happen mid week.

If you completed the three chests, you missed out on 30% of One mark. And less than 2% of what is required for legendary precursor armor.

I'll take it.

Your argument is invalid for previous weeks because it wasn't implemented in the middle of a rotation. You're not helping in keeping newer players who want to put the time and dedication into wanting to stay. Why are you insistent on letting Anet get away with not respecting people's time?

> Your argument is invalid for previous weeks because it wasn't implemented in the middle of a rotation. You're not helping in keeping newer players who want to put the time and dedication into wanting to stay. Why are you insistent on letting Anet get away with not respecting people's time?

This always happens when Anet releases a patch. WvW is not unique in this. I remember when some item for a legendary collection dropped on your first pve raid boss kill for the week and many people who do pve raids had to wait until the next raid reset on a Monday to get that item while other who didn't raid right at reset got their drop that night after the patch. The complaints were the same but lots of people still do pve raids, don't they?

They did the same when they increased the amount of WvW tickets that drop from chests as well. Lots of people who already reached Diamond chest didn't get the increased ticket amount until after reset. Ultimately it doesn't really matter because you still get the items later.

> Your argument is invalid for previous weeks because it wasn't implemented in the middle of a rotation. You're not helping in keeping newer players who want to put the time and dedication into wanting to stay. Why are you insistent on letting Anet get away with not respecting people's time?

So.., instead it needs to be implemented when? On reset for EU? And the NA players that are still playing miss out for the week they are in. Add to that the players get kicked out of queues maps to patch.

Or, donut reset for NA, which will hit the EU players who are through the bronze and silver chests.. Or again, get kicked out of WvW.

My argument isn't invalid as it was stated there is no good time.

Find me a time and I'll poke holes in it.

Again, I welcome this change and I also know my dedication to the mode hurt my ability to get the chests this week. Oh well. Life goes on.

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> Honestly, I'm more miffed that you cannot deposit them.

> The bottom of my inventory is turning into a second bank.

>

> ~ Kovu

Hmm.. haven't been able to play since the change, and won't get any until Friday, but do the shards stack? Because the marks stack (within discipline)

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > Honestly, I'm more miffed that you cannot deposit them.

> > The bottom of my inventory is turning into a second bank.

> >

> > ~ Kovu

>

> Hmm.. haven't been able to play since the change, and won't get any until Friday, but do the shards stack? Because the marks stack (within discipline)

The shards stack. I put them in my bank for now.

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> @"Strider Pj.2193" I am among most of the people in this thread where I've completed my pips for the week.

> One of my guildies got a single mark but wasn't able to deposit it.

>

> ~ Kovu

>

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > Honestly, I'm more miffed that you cannot deposit them.

> > > The bottom of my inventory is turning into a second bank.

> > >

> > > ~ Kovu

> >

> > Hmm.. haven't been able to play since the change, and won't get any until Friday, but do the shards stack? Because the marks stack (within discipline)

>

> The shards stack. I put them in my bank for now.

Thanks for the info guys. Appreciate it.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> Honestly if I knew this change was coming, I would have not played so much so I could've gotten all 3 shards this week. As it stands I got none this week. Still a nice addition, now I might actually make heavy legendary armor. Still, a heads up would've been nice.

Maybe... and three quarters of the population wouldn't have played. :smile: