Wvw Shards

Jeroen H.5309

No big deal luckily.

Sadly patch day falls on Tuesdays so they probably wanted to avoid it not working on reset or whatever, because damn would that be a meme.

Besides that there was probably a limitation that meant it's not just an on/off switch to the item being added to the chests they could just pull on a non-patch day like the Friday reset.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> Dont get my wrong. I love this change but it is way to over hyped.

Reading this and playing to finish my casual gold chest today made me think (and I did some maths):

Lets assume the casual WvW player finishes all the Shard chests each week. This means in week #4 he will have enough to buy one Grandmaster Mark. At the same time, he has acquired 438 Claim Tickets, which is enough for e.g. some Triumphant leg armour and a headpiece. Those two armour pieces will cost seven Grandmaster Marks (+ gold and Memories). Saving 1/7th of the Marks is indeed not a lot. For a complete set and trying to bypass crafting completely, you would have to play for about four years (200 Shards).

The WvW invested player, who will advance to higher chests will receive the same amount of Shards, just more tickets (around 230 more each week). Since the WvW players still needs the materials for the Marks via the crafting route, they can't really go for Shards as an alternative acquisition method for ascended armour.

DanAlcedo.3281 really summed it up well, if you take a closer look and the progression.

> @"Gorani.7205" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > Dont get my wrong. I love this change but it is way to over hyped.

>

> Reading this and playing to finish my casual gold chest today made me think (and I did some maths):

>

> Lets assume the casual WvW player finishes all the Shard chests each week. This means in week #4 he will have enough to buy one Grandmaster Mark. At the same time, he has acquired 438 Claim Tickets, which is enough for e.g. some Triumphant leg armour and a headpiece. Those two armour pieces will cost seven Grandmaster Marks (+ gold and Memories). Saving 1/7th of the Marks is indeed not a lot. For a complete set and trying to bypass crafting completely, you would have to play for about four years (200 Shards).

> The WvW invested player, who will advance to higher chests will receive the same amount of Shards, just more tickets (around 230 more each week). Since the WvW players still needs the materials for the Marks via the crafting route, they can't really go for Shards as an alternative acquisition method for ascended armour.

>

> DanAlcedo.3281 really summed it up well, if you take a closer look and the progression.

>

I mean... 3g per week when we get like 3-4g per Hour just from standing around (Reward track).

Like i said , its a good improvment.

But honestly , they could give us a Mark a week and its would still be "meh".

Aka : 10g extra a week.

But i think the problem is that Grandmaster Marks are just so cheap these days.