Gimp builds and balance

Poelala.2830

> @"megilandil.7506" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > @"megilandil.7506" said:

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > Its a build (s) that have obvious counters. Imo its a l2p. Build will carry them so far. Im more of a "learn to deal with it or dont complain" kinda person. If you are one to refuse to tweak your build to accommodate your survival, or not care enough to learn, thats a personal issue that does invalidate your arguement. If you dont know how to, ppl will be more than willing to help tweak your build or teach you how to counter such event.

> > > >

> > > > I can gear up my P/P build and spar/practice with ya if you are NA to help you out .

> > >

> > > its not a l2p question or question or kitten, p/p an other spam or one shot builds are so destructives at +1 you are fighting some dude and the p/p kitenn apears and just spaming 3 with no other kitten skill decides the whole combat.

> > > this have of builds have to disapear or get a big tweak that the kitten might staking go out of the spamable 3

> >

> > At risk of starting an argument, it is classified as l2p. P/P has its obvious flaws and learning to use it to your advantage is key (as fighting against any build). P/P unload spam runs out of initiative...fast. Once you block/dodge/reflect/evade the initial 3/4 unloads, they have little to nothing left. Learning to bait out all their initiative is a l2p. Knowing that is what you need to do to survive the initial waves is a l2p. That's the literal definition of it.

> >

> > Is it strong? Yes. Is it OP? No (as you can only do so much thanks to initiative). Can you beat them? Yes.

> >

> > Call it what you will, however it is what it is. If you need help, im sure people here can give you more tips or help you with your build to better assist you against them.

>

> bla bla bla,thing is not about dueling p/p, thing is about how destructive as a +1 is p/p, when you are +1 by a enemy p/p you are destroyed you can bait or kitten, you are figting anothe that consumed great part of your resouses and atention and you get destroyed by a moron who plays only with one key

>

>

Sorry buy your counter argument was thrown out the window from the first 3 "words" as it shows ignorance. Good luck mate and as I stated...its still a l2p whether you agree or not. Thieves +1 all the time, its their job. Adapt and learn or just be another QQ forum justice warrior. Choice is yours.

Peace.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"megilandil.7506" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"megilandil.7506" said:

> > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > Its a build (s) that have obvious counters. Imo its a l2p. Build will carry them so far. Im more of a "learn to deal with it or dont complain" kinda person. If you are one to refuse to tweak your build to accommodate your survival, or not care enough to learn, thats a personal issue that does invalidate your arguement. If you dont know how to, ppl will be more than willing to help tweak your build or teach you how to counter such event.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can gear up my P/P build and spar/practice with ya if you are NA to help you out .

> > > >

> > > > its not a l2p question or question or kitten, p/p an other spam or one shot builds are so destructives at +1 you are fighting some dude and the p/p kitenn apears and just spaming 3 with no other kitten skill decides the whole combat.

> > > > this have of builds have to disapear or get a big tweak that the kitten might staking go out of the spamable 3

> > >

> > > At risk of starting an argument, it is classified as l2p. P/P has its obvious flaws and learning to use it to your advantage is key (as fighting against any build). P/P unload spam runs out of initiative...fast. Once you block/dodge/reflect/evade the initial 3/4 unloads, they have little to nothing left. Learning to bait out all their initiative is a l2p. Knowing that is what you need to do to survive the initial waves is a l2p. That's the literal definition of it.

> > >

> > > Is it strong? Yes. Is it OP? No (as you can only do so much thanks to initiative). Can you beat them? Yes.

> > >

> > > Call it what you will, however it is what it is. If you need help, im sure people here can give you more tips or help you with your build to better assist you against them.

> >

> > bla bla bla,thing is not about dueling p/p, thing is about how destructive as a +1 is p/p, when you are +1 by a enemy p/p you are destroyed you can bait or kitten, you are figting anothe that consumed great part of your resouses and atention and you get destroyed by a moron who plays only with one key

> >

> >

>

> Sorry buy your counter argument was thrown out the window from the first 3 "words" as it shows ignorance. Good luck mate and as I stated...its still a l2p whether you agree or not. Thieves +1 all the time, its their job. Adapt and learn or just be another QQ forum justice warrior. Choice is yours.

>

> Peace.

brother u dont understand him.. he is saying:

he wants to get +1 by a thief and still shuld be the only Person able to servive the Situation cuz ist obvious that he should be able to win every 1v2

PP has its issues for sure, but I literally don't think I've ever been killed by one 1v1, and if you're complaining about +1, uhm...pretty sure any decent thief regardless of spec would insta tear you a new one when +1ing you...and that's kind of a thief's role...

I don't really see a problem with PP other than just how boring it is to spam 3 lol. They are incredibly easy ( and fun! ) to hunt and punish XD

Also, scourge needs a counter, so :/

> @"Madisonlee.9641" said:

> PP has its issues for sure, but I literally don't think I've ever been killed by one 1v1, and if you're complaining about +1, uhm...pretty sure any decent thief regardless of spec would insta tear you a new one when +1ing you...and that's kind of a thief's role...

>

> I don't really see a problem with PP other than just how boring it is to spam 3 lol. They are incredibly easy ( and fun! ) to hunt and punish XD

>

> Also, scourge needs a counter, so :/

you said the thing *any decent thief* not a one key spaming moron that gets all in that one key spam skill: might stack, bursty damage....

It's indeed poorly designed, but there are so many worse things to be complaining about right now is my biggest point and I just don't take P/P seriously when I see them (not because they won't destroy you in a heartbeat, but because if you are aware they are around they are pretty easy to shut down)

P/P is popular solely because of scourge, it's the one class they actively counter.

A scourge is a very low skill-cap build tbh. It's only fair that you get countered by an equal.

Get radiation field, hug your FB or reroll if its too much for you. P/P thief doesn't have winning matchups against other classes except maybe sw/d ele.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> P/P is popular solely because of scourge, it's the one class they actively counter.

>

> A scourge is a very low skill-cap build tbh. It's only fair that you get countered by an equal.

>

> Get radiation field, hug your FB or reroll if its too much for you. P/P thief doesn't have winning matchups against other classes except maybe sw/d ele.

Sw/D Ele beats P/P thief... Just a matter of using evades when they use unload, let them waste initiative then pounce on them in Air/Earth for teleport and CC then chase the hell out of them when they try to escape.

(I play conquest like a death match, so I'm aware bailing off point probably isn't a good idea but it's not like Sw/D brings anything to the team anyway)

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > P/P is popular solely because of scourge, it's the one class they actively counter.

> >

> > A scourge is a very low skill-cap build tbh. It's only fair that you get countered by an equal.

> >

> > Get radiation field, hug your FB or reroll if its too much for you. P/P thief doesn't have winning matchups against other classes except maybe sw/d ele.

>

> Sw/D Ele beats P/P thief... Just a matter of using evades when they use unload, let them waste initiative then pounce on them in Air/Earth for teleport and CC then chase the hell out of them when they try to escape.

>

> (I play conquest like a death match, so I'm aware bailing off point probably isn't a good idea but it's not like Sw/D brings anything to the team anyway)

p/p thief wont die to ele unless he lets it happen

hell, no class will die to sw/d ele unless they let it happen. extremely easy to kite, slow ass animations, very low burst damage.

Sure, in conquest where people are _forced_ to stay in a small circle, they might rack up some damage, but thief is not a point contester or holder, they don't need to 1v1 on the ele's terms.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > P/P is popular solely because of scourge, it's the one class they actively counter.

> > >

> > > A scourge is a very low skill-cap build tbh. It's only fair that you get countered by an equal.

> > >

> > > Get radiation field, hug your FB or reroll if its too much for you. P/P thief doesn't have winning matchups against other classes except maybe sw/d ele.

> >

> > Sw/D Ele beats P/P thief... Just a matter of using evades when they use unload, let them waste initiative then pounce on them in Air/Earth for teleport and CC then chase the hell out of them when they try to escape.

> >

> > (I play conquest like a death match, so I'm aware bailing off point probably isn't a good idea but it's not like Sw/D brings anything to the team anyway)

>

> p/p thief wont die to ele unless he lets it happen

>

> hell, no class will die to sw/d ele unless they let it happen. extremely easy to kite, slow kitten animations, very low burst damage.

>

> Sure, in conquest where people are _forced_ to stay in a small circle, they might rack up some damage, but thief is not a point contester or holder, they don't need to 1v1 on the ele's terms.

P/P thief gets owned hard by elementalist? Especially by Aura share tempest.

In my experience anyway... Sure it obliterated me when they first started poppin up but then I spent freakin ages working out little tricks to help counter them, now they are mere flies on a wall to me. As I said, I play death match when I play, I never fight on the thief's terms, I don't let them escape when they try, I don't give them a chance to refresh either.

Sw/D thieves and D/P thieves scare me more than P/P.

P/P thieves are very easily countered, all classes have basic ways to deal with them effectively as I posted earlier in the thread.....

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > P/P is popular solely because of scourge, it's the one class they actively counter.

> > > >

> > > > A scourge is a very low skill-cap build tbh. It's only fair that you get countered by an equal.

> > > >

> > > > Get radiation field, hug your FB or reroll if its too much for you. P/P thief doesn't have winning matchups against other classes except maybe sw/d ele.

> > >

> > > Sw/D Ele beats P/P thief... Just a matter of using evades when they use unload, let them waste initiative then pounce on them in Air/Earth for teleport and CC then chase the hell out of them when they try to escape.

> > >

> > > (I play conquest like a death match, so I'm aware bailing off point probably isn't a good idea but it's not like Sw/D brings anything to the team anyway)

> >

> > p/p thief wont die to ele unless he lets it happen

> >

> > hell, no class will die to sw/d ele unless they let it happen. extremely easy to kite, slow kitten animations, very low burst damage.

> >

> > Sure, in conquest where people are _forced_ to stay in a small circle, they might rack up some damage, but thief is not a point contester or holder, they don't need to 1v1 on the ele's terms.

>

> P/P thief gets owned hard by elementalist? Especially by Aura share tempest.

>

>

> In my experience anyway... Sure it obliterated me when they first started poppin up but then I spent freakin ages working out little tricks to help counter them, now they are mere flies on a wall to me. As I said, I play death match when I play, I never fight on the thief's terms, I don't let them escape when they try, I don't give them a chance to refresh either.

>

> Sw/D thieves and D/P thieves scare me more than P/P.

> P/P thieves are very easily countered, all classes have basic ways to deal with them effectively as I posted earlier in the thread.....

Did you actually say something about tempest? Lmao. Tempest has been unviable since September.

> @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > P/P is popular solely because of scourge, it's the one class they actively counter.

> > > > >

> > > > > A scourge is a very low skill-cap build tbh. It's only fair that you get countered by an equal.

> > > > >

> > > > > Get radiation field, hug your FB or reroll if its too much for you. P/P thief doesn't have winning matchups against other classes except maybe sw/d ele.

> > > >

> > > > Sw/D Ele beats P/P thief... Just a matter of using evades when they use unload, let them waste initiative then pounce on them in Air/Earth for teleport and CC then chase the hell out of them when they try to escape.

> > > >

> > > > (I play conquest like a death match, so I'm aware bailing off point probably isn't a good idea but it's not like Sw/D brings anything to the team anyway)

> > >

> > > p/p thief wont die to ele unless he lets it happen

> > >

> > > hell, no class will die to sw/d ele unless they let it happen. extremely easy to kite, slow kitten animations, very low burst damage.

> > >

> > > Sure, in conquest where people are _forced_ to stay in a small circle, they might rack up some damage, but thief is not a point contester or holder, they don't need to 1v1 on the ele's terms.

> >

> > P/P thief gets owned hard by elementalist? Especially by Aura share tempest.

> >

> >

> > In my experience anyway... Sure it obliterated me when they first started poppin up but then I spent freakin ages working out little tricks to help counter them, now they are mere flies on a wall to me. As I said, I play death match when I play, I never fight on the thief's terms, I don't let them escape when they try, I don't give them a chance to refresh either.

> >

> > Sw/D thieves and D/P thieves scare me more than P/P.

> > P/P thieves are very easily countered, all classes have basic ways to deal with them effectively as I posted earlier in the thread.....

>

> Did you actually say something about tempest? Lmao. Tempest has been unviable since September.

get your P/P thief and duel me then... :tongue:

Tempest is da bomb!

I am the only one who think people here completely missed the point, he himself said that he dosent think that the build is OP or something, on his own words "I’m not saying it’s invincible and infallible". He is saying that is to easy and way to rewarding for the damage that it does, and you just cant really argue against that.

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > P/P is popular solely because of scourge, it's the one class they actively counter.

> > > >

> > > > A scourge is a very low skill-cap build tbh. It's only fair that you get countered by an equal.

> > > >

> > > > Get radiation field, hug your FB or reroll if its too much for you. P/P thief doesn't have winning matchups against other classes except maybe sw/d ele.

> > >

> > > Sw/D Ele beats P/P thief... Just a matter of using evades when they use unload, let them waste initiative then pounce on them in Air/Earth for teleport and CC then chase the hell out of them when they try to escape.

> > >

> > > (I play conquest like a death match, so I'm aware bailing off point probably isn't a good idea but it's not like Sw/D brings anything to the team anyway)

> >

> > p/p thief wont die to ele unless he lets it happen

> >

> > hell, no class will die to sw/d ele unless they let it happen. extremely easy to kite, slow kitten animations, very low burst damage.

> >

> > Sure, in conquest where people are _forced_ to stay in a small circle, they might rack up some damage, but thief is not a point contester or holder, they don't need to 1v1 on the ele's terms.

>

> P/P thief gets owned hard by elementalist? Especially by Aura share tempest.

>

>

> In my experience anyway... Sure it obliterated me when they first started poppin up but then I spent freakin ages working out little tricks to help counter them, now they are mere flies on a wall to me. As I said, I play death match when I play, I never fight on the thief's terms, I don't let them escape when they try, I don't give them a chance to refresh either.

>

> Sw/D thieves and D/P thieves scare me more than P/P.

> P/P thieves are very easily countered, all classes have basic ways to deal with them effectively as I posted earlier in the thread.....

I thought we were talking about sword dagger weaver, not tempest.

it's not op but it's not healthy for the game . this is quite simple problem , and anet does view this sort of thing as bad balance . otherwise they won't touch turret engi which wasn't op but fell under : too rewarding for little effort ,

same was healing rev .anet nerfed those builds for reasons .

i really don't see why you people basically argued for same thing over and over .

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > P/P is popular solely because of scourge, it's the one class they actively counter.

> > > > >

> > > > > A scourge is a very low skill-cap build tbh. It's only fair that you get countered by an equal.

> > > > >

> > > > > Get radiation field, hug your FB or reroll if its too much for you. P/P thief doesn't have winning matchups against other classes except maybe sw/d ele.

> > > >

> > > > Sw/D Ele beats P/P thief... Just a matter of using evades when they use unload, let them waste initiative then pounce on them in Air/Earth for teleport and CC then chase the hell out of them when they try to escape.

> > > >

> > > > (I play conquest like a death match, so I'm aware bailing off point probably isn't a good idea but it's not like Sw/D brings anything to the team anyway)

> > >

> > > p/p thief wont die to ele unless he lets it happen

> > >

> > > hell, no class will die to sw/d ele unless they let it happen. extremely easy to kite, slow kitten animations, very low burst damage.

> > >

> > > Sure, in conquest where people are _forced_ to stay in a small circle, they might rack up some damage, but thief is not a point contester or holder, they don't need to 1v1 on the ele's terms.

> >

> > P/P thief gets owned hard by elementalist? Especially by Aura share tempest.

> >

> >

> > In my experience anyway... Sure it obliterated me when they first started poppin up but then I spent freakin ages working out little tricks to help counter them, now they are mere flies on a wall to me. As I said, I play death match when I play, I never fight on the thief's terms, I don't let them escape when they try, I don't give them a chance to refresh either.

> >

> > Sw/D thieves and D/P thieves scare me more than P/P.

> > P/P thieves are very easily countered, all classes have basic ways to deal with them effectively as I posted earlier in the thread.....

>

> I thought we were talking about sword dagger weaver, not tempest.

We are, I was just saying even a Tempest can handle P/P thieves.... It's what I play most as it fits in nicely with FB/Scourge on Mid, bringing that Aura share and watching all the Range heavy classes start to cry.

I was watching a guy called "Darnell" on his Weaver wrecking everyone including P/P thieves in the arena yesterday too..

*Makes note to annoy Poe with pistol/pistol thief*

Yes, its stupid. pressing 3 should not be a viable strategy in an MMO. I wouldnt mind them reworking that specific skill to make it more engaging, if they can do so while still preserving the dps of the pistol/pistol set.

For the moment though, it's a stopgap against scourge. Once we have an answer to Sand Savant, then we can figure out how to make pistol thief not stupid.

At least the bullets don't bounce anymore.