Trolls cave \ ( °-° ) /

Hello everyone. In a light of my latest experiences in both game and here on forums i would like to present this poll here. It is just to find out how many of you would acutally agree to something like this. If there will be plenty of ppl we acually might ask our belowed Anet overlords to do something about this.

**A quesion of a poll is: Would you like to to have a chat in game which would be separated from other chats and would be meant for trolling, jokes, memes quotes, etc.**

i raise this question because i found out (by being reported and banned twice) that not everyone on map chat enjoys if ppl are joking around this channel would of course fall under all the rules of the Anet but it would be a bit more relaxed since ppl who would join it would expect it to be meant for fun so ppl talking there would avoid unnecesarry reports from ppl who dont like their activities in for now only chat for massive community map chat. The point would be that we can both not dusturb ppl in map chat AND we can both have fun with ppl who actually will want to have fun with us. This chat could be lets say purchased from TP as you have for example a pass for Mistlock sanctuarry only this would be one time purchase. The msges would be handled same way as the guild chat. IF you are not currently ''logged on'' the chat the msges will be shown darker in your chat window as if you were not repping another guild. By simple comand you would simple switch chats and you could join in or out if you would have mood to troll joke or etc. I would be also interested if any moderator reads this if this idea would be okay. The point is having constantly turned discord on or ts is bothering and you dont know all ppl on the internets or even only in gw this way they could be connected in one huge troll cave chat and if they would want they could go for their own discords. It would link the community together and we wont bother ''casuals'' xD in map chat also you wont get so many reports. So pls choose one of the following options if you have some idea to this pls SHARE and of course do pick one choice.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not. This will appear to green light far too much chat whichwill require moderating which is likely why we don't have it now. I'd rather not see something that increases ticket response times for no positive or useful gain whatsoever.

If ppl are being banned for troll chats, then the problem doesn't lie with not having a channel for it, it lies on those who can't control what they write in a public space. If on the other hand ppl are being jokey and inoffensive then current chat is perfectly adequate for it

Some large fraction of those who enjoy "trolling" do it to get a rise out of the unsuspecting, the credulous, and/or the sincere amongst us. They aren't going to use a "troll cave" chat channel. For the rest, there are plenty of Discord and Guild communities that ANet doesn't need to try to mechanically force the creation of one.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Some large fraction of those who enjoy "trolling" do it to get a rise out of the unsuspecting, the credulous, and/or the sincere amongst us. They aren't going to use a "troll cave" chat channel. For the rest, there are plenty of Discord and Guild communities that ANet doesn't need to try to mechanically force the creation of one.

I'd go so far as to say that trolling is, specifically, acting in a way designed to cause reactions from others:

From [define:trolling](https://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Atrolling):

> informal

> make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

> "if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Absolutely not. This will appear to green light far too much chat whichwill require moderating which is likely why we don't have it now. I'd rather not see something that increases ticket response times for no positive or useful gain whatsoever.

>

> If ppl are being banned for troll chats, then the problem doesn't lie with not having a channel for it, it lies on those who can't control what they write in a public space. If on the other hand ppl are being jokey and inoffensive then current chat is perfectly adequate for it

The problem is that you never know what people are reported for. You get report with a statement sent by someone who didnt like what a person said in chat. They will not send a screen shot, they will not quote you, they will say something lie - This dude is trolling here in chat for hours and jokes are really inapropriate. - But how do you know that the preson who sent this isnt just oversensitive. What if there were ppl in chat that liked the conversation and were having a good time as well and the troll got reported for something that actually didnt have to be offensive or inapropriate. Just someone didnt like it and since they were talking for some time he reported the person he didnt like the most. Who is gonna check what was the talk about? If anyone even will.

> @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Absolutely not. This will appear to green light far too much chat whichwill require moderating which is likely why we don't have it now. I'd rather not see something that increases ticket response times for no positive or useful gain whatsoever.

> >

> > If ppl are being banned for troll chats, then the problem doesn't lie with not having a channel for it, it lies on those who can't control what they write in a public space. If on the other hand ppl are being jokey and inoffensive then current chat is perfectly adequate for it

>

> The problem is that you never know what people are reported for. You get report with a statement sent by someone who didnt like what a person said in chat. They will not send a screen shot, they will not quote you, they will say something lie - This dude is trolling here in chat for hours and jokes are really inapropriate. - But how do you know that the preson who sent this isnt just oversensitive. What if there were ppl in chat that liked the conversation and were having a good time as well and the troll got reported for something that actually didnt have to be offensive or inapropriate. Just someone didnt like it and since they were talking for some time he reported the person he didnt like the most. Who is gonna check what was the talk about? If anyone even will.

Even though you aren't told exactly what you said that got you in trouble, the GMs who handle it review the chat log from the time when the in-game report was made. They just don't go by what some random person said you said.

> @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Absolutely not. This will appear to green light far too much chat whichwill require moderating which is likely why we don't have it now. I'd rather not see something that increases ticket response times for no positive or useful gain whatsoever.

> >

> > If ppl are being banned for troll chats, then the problem doesn't lie with not having a channel for it, it lies on those who can't control what they write in a public space. If on the other hand ppl are being jokey and inoffensive then current chat is perfectly adequate for it

>

> The problem is that you never know what people are reported for. You get report with a statement sent by someone who didnt like what a person said in chat. They will not send a screen shot, they will not quote you, they will say something lie - This dude is trolling here in chat for hours and jokes are really inapropriate. - But how do you know that the preson who sent this isnt just oversensitive. What if there were ppl in chat that liked the conversation and were having a good time as well and the troll got reported for something that actually didnt have to be offensive or inapropriate. Just someone didnt like it and since they were talking for some time he reported the person he didnt like the most. Who is gonna check what was the talk about? If anyone even will.

Moderators cross check reports against their tos. If rules are broken they take action, if not the report is disregarded. People aren't banned just because they were reported, they are banned because they did something to warrant it after a report was reviewed.

No, for several reasons. One is that ANet can’t separate itself from its own chat channels, no matter if one is designated as a “troll chat”. The moment someone goes past the point of trolling and into hate speech or threats means that the company will need to sanction those who are supposedly in a consequences free chat. In addition, people don’t handle lack of consequences well. A troll chat channel will escalate if there are no rules until it becomes toxic, which has no benefits to the game.

Zero purpose for this, like minded people can just make a squad and chat their faces off there. To be honest it bugs me every time i see the word oversensitive used as an excuse to want the proverbial freedom to curse their guts out or tell racists jokes and frankly it isn't that people are oversensitive some of us just don't suffer from PoV.

No thank you, But I would support to create their own lobby. Kinda like the Max Payne 3 Cheater Pool...

You like to troll?! that's fine we will just send you into a lobby you can play and troll with other troll players and leave players who want to enjoy this game alone.

My guess is the OP is imagining a fun chat zone where you can put your feet up, let your hair down, and tease your friends and likeminded others without needing to watch your words.

It wouldn’t be like that. A consequences free chat would attract the racists, the crazy, the women haters, the religious zealots who hate all other religions, the ones who love to tell the dirtiest, foulest “jokes” they know, because they know they can sit on the troll channel and spew out their bile and ANet can’t touch them. A light hearted troll chat would not stay that way.

There’s a reason why moderation exists. It might ruffle your feathers to get moderated but you’ll do better to try to be better than to spend time thinking of ways to get around the rules.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > Absolutely not. This will appear to green light far too much chat whichwill require moderating which is likely why we don't have it now. I'd rather not see something that increases ticket response times for no positive or useful gain whatsoever.

> > >

> > > If ppl are being banned for troll chats, then the problem doesn't lie with not having a channel for it, it lies on those who can't control what they write in a public space. If on the other hand ppl are being jokey and inoffensive then current chat is perfectly adequate for it

> >

> > The problem is that you never know what people are reported for. You get report with a statement sent by someone who didnt like what a person said in chat. They will not send a screen shot, they will not quote you, they will say something lie - This dude is trolling here in chat for hours and jokes are really inapropriate. - But how do you know that the preson who sent this isnt just oversensitive. What if there were ppl in chat that liked the conversation and were having a good time as well and the troll got reported for something that actually didnt have to be offensive or inapropriate. Just someone didnt like it and since they were talking for some time he reported the person he didnt like the most. Who is gonna check what was the talk about? If anyone even will.

>

> Even though you aren't told exactly what you said that got you in trouble, the GMs who handle it review the chat log from the time when the in-game report was made. They just don't go by what some random person said you said.

Also of note: the "random person" literally cannot say a thing about you in the report. They right-click the chat message and select the category to report, and that is it. Everything else comes from the logs, etc, that ANet have internally for their moderation team. So, not only do they not trust what that random person said, they are literally unable to say anything directly to the moderation team.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > Some large fraction of those who enjoy "trolling" do it to get a rise out of the unsuspecting, the credulous, and/or the sincere amongst us. They aren't going to use a "troll cave" chat channel. For the rest, there are plenty of Discord and Guild communities that ANet doesn't need to try to mechanically force the creation of one.

>

> I'd go so far as to say that trolling is, specifically, acting in a way designed to cause reactions from others:

>

> From [define:trolling](https://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Atrolling):

> > informal

> > make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

> > "if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

>

>

Right, but the OP included other types of communication in their description. They were including joking around as "trolling," which is a connotation I've seen used elsewhere (I'm not in favor of it because it waters down the idea).

Let's put it this way: Let's say, for example, I want ANet to open a forum area to do the same thing this thread suggests? Yeah . . . I get trolled enough, thank you. I'd rather not have an open invitation for it anywhere. :#

Granted, I think the intention is honorable, but I know players will abuse it to no end. Questionable pet and guild names, anyone? ;)

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> Definitely onboard for having a chat like this. I have no idea how to implement it effectively. It would be a blast to switch over to it every now and then. Sooooo much potential fun! Sooooo many potential problems! Sooooooo worth it for the end result!!

Discord?

Eve Online has a handy feature where anyone can make a chat channel for literally any reason. When I was running a wormhole (highly secluded section of space) corporation, (think guild) we had one for recruitment, and one for the various other factions that we allowed to live in our system.

I was also a member of one whose name I cannot repeat because it was.... not nice. And it was for the express purpose that you've detailed: trolling, memes, bad jokes.

Now, there is a difference in the end user between eve and GW2. Eve attracts a certain kind of.... horrible person. GW2 is a lot more friendly. Ergo, that chat system works in Eve, and in this game? Probably not.

You'd be better off starting a guild and using that chat, or discord.

>You'd be better off starting a guild and using that chat

This is a suggestion the OP can look at. He can make a guild for chat purposes only and invite friends and others with the understanding that anything goes and use that as his troll chat room. He can advertise in map chat to attract others who want a troll chat room and then troll/joke away to his heart’s content.