Where's Froggy?

• ArenaNet Staff

Well, the truth is, Froggie is alive and kicking in Old Tyria, but he's working on a project. Now, if you know the story of Froggie, you know that he and I are best buds, and that I visit him frequently in Old Lion's Arch. He's well aware that through the miracle of the Eternal Alchemy, I'm able to travel backwards and forwards in time, and this is something that's very much on his mind, as it has been for several years now. (That's years in a Mouvelian or Gregorian sense, btw.)

You may have heard that Froggie has a friend named Rabbit, with whom he enjoys a weekly poker game. You may also know that Rabbit is renowned (or reviled, as the case may be) for being a rather sketchy poker player. In short: He cheats. Not so that Froggie can actively catch him, but drawing thrice to an inside straight is just nigh on mathematically impossible so Froggie is well aware of his friend's shameful behavior.

Several months ago, Rabbit invited some guests to the weekly game in the form of a few shabbily-dressed asura. Now, if that comment caused you to raise an eyebrow, I can see that you're well aware that shabby dress is a great rarity on any self-respecting asura, and right away you might be wondering about the character of these characters! Anyway, the asura claimed to be "inventors" and when they heard that Froggie was looking for a way to time travel, they assured him that they'd make it happen. All it would take, they said, was Froggie being willing to "sponsor their research."

And... you can see where this is going. Froggie has poured plats, Ectos, rare weapons, armbraces... you name it, he's tossed it into their perpetually empty coffers, and the lousy rate of return has made Zommoros look like a bloomin' Santa Claus. In short, Froggie has yet to see a single bit of evidence that shows these "inventors" are legit, and that someday -- *some day* -- he will be able to make the hop (literally) to Modern Tyria.

In the meantime, I'll continue to visit him, quaff a few Hunter's Ale from his super-secret supply, and we'll enjoy one another's company. As we have for years and years. Mouvelian or Gregorian. :D

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Ykfox.3825" said:

> Isn't there literally a frog pond in LA now?

Yes, there is. It's home to members of Froggie's TPN (Tadpole Network). The TPN is an secret group of amphibian agents who gather information from throughout Old Tyria and share it with their leader. Their efforts keep Froggie in the know, allowing him to continue to bask in the sunshine in a hidden spot within Old Lion's Arch.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Well, the truth is, Froggie is alive and kicking in Old Tyria, but he's working on a project. Now, if you know the story of Froggie, you know that he and I are best buds, and that I visit him frequently in Old Lion's Arch. He's well aware that through the miracle of the Eternal Alchemy, I'm able to travel backwards and forwards in time, and this is something that's very much on his mind, as it has been for several years now. (That's years in a Mouvelian or Gregorian sense, btw.)

>

> You may have heard that Froggie has a friend named Rabbit, with whom he enjoys a weekly poker game. You may also know that Rabbit is renowned (or reviled, as the case may be) for being a rather sketchy poker player. In short: He cheats. Not so that Froggie can actively catch him, but drawing thrice to an inside straight is just nigh on mathematically impossible so Froggie is well aware of his friend's shameful behavior.

>

> Several months ago, Rabbit invited a guests to the weekly game consisting of a few shabbily-dressed asura. Now, if that comment caused you to raise an eyebrow, I can see that you're well aware that shabby dress is a great rarity on any self-respecting asura, and right away you might be wondering about the character of these characters! Anyway, the asura claimed to be "inventors" and when they heard that Froggie was looking for a way to time travel, they assured him that they'd make it happen. All it would take, they said, was Froggie being willing to "sponsor their research."

>

> And... you can see where this is going. Froggie has poured gold, Ectos, precursors, Tier 5 and 6 mats... you name it, he's tossed it into their perpetually empty coffers, and the return has made Zommoros look like Santa Claus. In short, Froggie has yet to see a single bit of evidence that shows these "inventors" are legit, and that someday -- *some day* -- he will be able to make the hop (literally) to Modern Tyria.

>

> In the meantime, I'll continue to visit him, quaff a few Hunter's Ale from his super-secret supply, and we'll enjoy one another's company. As we have for years and years. Mouvelian or Gregorian. :D

I fear you may have quaffed too much hunters ale there... ;)

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> Gaile, when will you travel through the mist to old Tyria to pickup your BFF?

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/0zZpOno.png "")

>

I forgot to say, that's a lovely image, crepuscular!

> @"Elva.6372" said:

> Umm, Froggy is no longer, ummm _acceptable_ and has been retired.

Oh nonono. Froggie is *always* acceptable. One of his titles is "Most Accepted of the Acceptably Acceptable," in fact!

> @"LunarRXA.5062" said:

> Thanks for being so silly Gaile. I've run into you a couple of times in-game over the years, but that really showed why you're the community liason!

Thank you! <3 I felt the story needed to be told.

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > Gaile, when will you travel through the mist to old Tyria to pickup your BFF?

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/0zZpOno.png "")

> >

>

> I forgot to say, that's a lovely image, crepuscular!

>

> > @"Elva.6372" said:

> > Umm, Froggy is no longer, ummm _acceptable_ and has been retired.

>

> Oh nonono. Froggie is *always* acceptable. One of his titles is "Most Accepted of the Acceptably Acceptable," in fact!

>

> > @"LunarRXA.5062" said:

> > Thanks for being so silly Gaile. I've run into you a couple of times in-game over the years, but that really showed why you're the community liason!

>

> Thank you! <3 I felt the story needed to be told.

>

I am happy to be mistaken, rock on! :+1:

> > @"Ykfox.3825" said:

> > Isn't there literally a frog pond in LA now?

>

> Yes, there is. It's home to members of Froggie's TPN (Tadpole Network). The TPN is an secret group of amphibian agents who gather information from throughout Old Tyria and share it with their leader. Their efforts keep Froggie in the know, allowing him to continue to bask in the sunshine in a hidden spot within Old Lion's Arch.

Hmm. Sounds like I should drop my campaign to rid New Tyria of ambient Frogs, then...