What is your favorite skill in Guild Wars?

It's a tough choice, but as someone whose main was a monk, I'd have to go with the aptly named Reversal of Fortune: there's something about turning a deathblow from a meteor into a huge heal. The preferred elite skill for Protection/Divine Favor builds may have changed once or twice, but the bread and butter skill stayed pretty much the same.

> @"Benkorah.6048" said:

> It's a tough choice, but as someone whose main was a monk, I'd have to go with the aptly named Reversal of Fortune: there's something about turning a deathblow from a meteor into a huge heal. The preferred elite skill for Protection/Divine Favor builds may have changed once or twice, but the bread and butter skill stayed pretty much the same.

In fact, boonprot and ZB monks are still very strong.

Mine as a Ranger main back in GW1 was as R/Rit **Splinter Weapon**, paired together with Barrage.

Man I miss those massive damage bursts for that I was always liked to have in a group, nuking with this skill combo large enemy groups down in no time and everyone buffs you up in the group, just to make your barrages even far more deadlier xD Good old times.

So many unique skills we had.

I have to say Diversion was the best out of those. Power Block was also fun, so great we still have it, although the whole interrupt mechanic in GW2 is worse than in GW1 (no cast bars, for example)

As a regular pvp monk Infuse Health, Reversal of Fortune were amazing. Also Distracting Shot, you could single handedly win games with this (like Diversion)

Contagion

Such a unique skill, the whole "I'll screw myself over but you'll suffer even more" angle to some necro skills in general was just amazing.

Played bomber in JQ with that and occasionally contagion spike in HA - the latter was especially hilarious, your team basically had 20 seconds to pull off the spike, utterly annihilating the enemy team or else it's a teamwipe for you.

My Top 3:

- Spiteful Spirit - nothing more joyful than seeing those mindless mobs killing themselves. Lots of big numbers popping.

- Pain Inverter - The ultimate boss killer after the nerf of grenth's balance

- Any skill that applies Deep Wound (like Finish Him or Gash)

Honorable mention

- Gladiator's defense - for the ol' good times of griffon farming.

Ebon Dust Aura + Armor of Sanctity. Keep at least one condition on your enemies at all times with those skills and do extra damage with an Ebon scythe, plus you’re extra tough to damage. Add Veil of Thorns for extra protection from casters and you’re good to go.

Honorable mention for Spoil Victor, core of my 55 necro hydra farming build.

> @"Boro.7359" said:

> > @"Benkorah.6048" said:

> > It's a tough choice, but as someone whose main was a monk, I'd have to go with the aptly named Reversal of Fortune: there's something about turning a deathblow from a meteor into a huge heal. The preferred elite skill for Protection/Divine Favor builds may have changed once or twice, but the bread and butter skill stayed pretty much the same.

>

> In fact, boonprot and ZB monks are still very strong.

I'd completely forgotten about ZB... It's been awhile since I played GW1. It's nice to hear that boonprot is still going strong.

For me its easily Bull's strike. This skill possesses huge potential when its on a skill bar of a decent player, and im talking about pvp on this subject. This skill also is the backbone of every decent warrior build in pvp.