What is your favorite skill in Guild Wars?

If you had to choose one skill that you liked the most in GW1 what would it be?

Mine is Edge of Extinction even after the nerf. I fell in love with the skill during Fort Aspenwood as a Luxon when monks on the Kurzick side would keep bonding the gate keepers and Gunther. I used it a few times in HoH to counter Air Spike and IWAY but always loved the skill in Factions the most.

![](https://i.imgur.com/Kv5cpzr.jpg "")

This has to be [searing Flames](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Searing_Flames "Searing Flames") for me. The cornerstone of my Elementalist nuker builds for so many years and one of my most dreaded skills to encounter against me in a [boss](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Korr,_Living_Flame "boss") fight. It could easily wipe my hero/hench party in seconds.

• ArenaNet Staff

I have a soft spot for Moebius Strike, which was one of the first useful elites my Assassin got. It shakes up the Assassin skill chain and was one of the first skills that made me put a lot of thought into my skill bar's actual synergy rather than just taking my favorites. By the same token, shoutout to Flashing Blades for getting me through the campaign once I learned the value of a good defense.

Another favorite is Winter, because I think that kind of skill really shows the potential of GW1 deckbuilding to a new player.

I had a craze for Illusionary Weaponry. Unfortunately that craze died when hardmode came around and every instance had aquired enchantment removal. Ineptitude is now my fav. Illusion Magic is a very good line despite Domination Magic having always been more popular.

Frenzy and sprint

Ether Prodigy.

It exemplifies everything good about the first game that the sequel so sorely lacks. Deep and mechanically meaningful deck building. Frenzy is the best warrior IAS, Sprint is both an IMS and a cancel stance, while Ether Prodigy just supercharged the elementalist no matter what they were doing, and the three were all staple GvG skills back when the GW pvp scene was still strong

• ArenaNet Staff

Wastrel's Worry- it's probably the best skill to represent Mesmer mind games- it's a skill that potentially does nothing on it's face, but you force your target to use a skill to stop it, and they know that you're probably looking to follow up with something even worse to counteract whatever they do.

• ArenaNet Staff

Poison Arrow. Or Burning Arrow. I love turning people green and then burning them to dea... I mean, they seem very effective skills! :D Usually choose Apply Poison and Burning Arrow, but I rather liked Barrage, too, and of course, for me, Charm Animal is critical, since I always travel with a pet and always am looking for more.

Editing again: Apply Poison, Ignite Arrows, Barrage was nice.

Edited yet again: I always liked "We Heal as One" just because it made me feel good about taking care of my pet. I was tickled to see that one in Guild Wars 2. :)

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Boro.7359" said:

> Gaile, there was no skill called Fire Arrow in guild wars. And both skills that inflicted burning were elites. As was poison arrow which was sadly utter garbage. Compared to Apply Poison at least.

Yes, and I called them what I called them in my head, not their formal names. See my edited version above.