Blood Core Necro Roaming Video with Build and Commentary

EremiteAngel.9765

Hello all, recently had some time again and was inspired by the other core necro roaming videos out there. So I created a simple one too with Condi Blood trait build for solo roaming in WvW.

Quite decent build in the current meta against most of the other roaming classes out there.

Hope you find it helpful and have fun roaming!

Build here: [Link](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7Yjc0QxN2ZDO2A/NOwFqZR0E9L8qDgDIu157HA-jVSHQB6a/hxpbIYHBgBq8LAHEg5p+zAuAAWUJIAeAAAA-w "gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7Yjc0QxN2ZDO2A/NOwFqZR0E9L8qDgDIu157HA-jVSHQB6a/hxpbIYHBgBq8LAHEg5p+zAuAAWUJIAeAAAA-w")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj40PBfbXmU

Interesting use of Unholy martyr. Seems it synergize well with plague sending since you pull 5 condis and transfer 2, being left with just the 3 you would consume exiting shroud. It really can be a usefull tool to refill life force since 21% it's good plus quickening thrist is nice to have.

Only problem with spite instead of soul reaping you lose unblockable marks, dhuumfire which make your lifeblast usefull and the possibility to vital persitence. Also spectral mastery or foot in the grave are great tools too. You seems to never get much use out of Spite's Reaper's Might and Siphoned Power, I get the use of Chill of Death and Spiteful Spirit for boon corruption. Imho It would be worth it trading Spite for Soul Reaping considering the benefit this last one gives you.

I've noticed that you dont cast enfeeling blood enough, maybe few times during all duels. It is really usefull especially against power classes and also it benefits from cd reduction so use it while above 75% of health. I use it on the start of the duel especially against warrior while they charge towards me, if well timed casted it right below you by the time they reach you they've bleed, weakness + random condi, which optimal to start a chain of condis.

Edits: to make a more constructive comment

Personally I think thief is more doable than spellbreakers.

But they are most of the time a real pain in the ass. Too much mobility/dodges for the amount of dmg they do.

I'm gonna try power core again. Was pretty nice against thiefes hitting those 6k shroud 1.

Hit one, and they run from you. We'll. If you can hit them.

And don't try to fight chronomancer that have shield equipped. They have way to much cc to lock you down and you don't have the dmg to kill them. (On condibuild)

> @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> Interesting use of Unholy martyr. Seems it synergize well with plague sending since you pull 5 condis and transfer 2, being left with just the 3 you would consume exiting shroud. It really can be a usefull tool to refill life force since 21% it's good plus quickening thrist is nice to have.

> Only problem with spite instead of soul reaping you lose unblockable marks, dhuumfire which make your lifeblast usefull and the possibility to vital persitence. Also spectral mastery or foot in the grave are great tools too. You seems to never get much use out of Spite's Reaper's Might and Siphoned Power, I get the use of Chill of Death and Spiteful Spirit for boon corruption. Imho It would be worth it trading Spite for Soul Reaping considering the benefit this last one gives you.

> I've noticed that you dont cast enfeeling blood enough, maybe few times during all duels. It is really usefull especially against power classes and also it benefits from cd reduction so use it while above 75% of health. I use it on the start of the duel especially against warrior while they charge towards me, if well timed casted it right below you by the time they reach you they've bleed, weakness + random condi, which optimal to start a chain of condis.

>

> Edits: to make a more constructive comment

Hey thanks for the insightful comment!

I too struggled with not using SR but felt that the additional on demand boon corrupts on Spite were pretty helpful against stability heavy foes like warriors and Engineers. I'll definitely try it with SR though!

You're also right about my lack of use of enfeebling blood. I noticed it myself too and had to constantly remind myself to use it more!

I struggle most against spellbreakers on this build. I also need to spend more effort avoiding the SB's full counter. Was lazy and didn't bother counting the 10 seconds recharge and was hard to stow weapon in time when I have the recording on which gives me more lag! Being able to avoid triggering the full counter is key to making the fight against SB on this build slightly better.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Spite/Curses/X Trailblazer is overpovered on every necro spec, even core. It's the corrupt condi spam that causes total lockdowns combined with absurd health, armor and shroud. These are all no-skill builds.

I won't go as far as to call it overpowered but aye it's simple, straightforward, and less reflexes needed.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> Personally I think thief is more doable than spellbreakers.

> But they are most of the time a real pain in the kitten. Too much mobility/dodges for the amount of dmg they do.

>

> I'm gonna try power core again. Was pretty nice against thiefes hitting those 6k shroud 1.

> Hit one, and they run from you. We'll. If you can hit them.

>

> And don't try to fight chronomancer that have shield equipped. They have way to much cc to lock you down and you don't have the dmg to kill them. (On condibuild)

I find thieves easier too than SB! Reapers seem to work better at killing SB than core.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > Personally I think thief is more doable than spellbreakers.

> > But they are most of the time a real pain in the kitten. Too much mobility/dodges for the amount of dmg they do.

> >

> > I'm gonna try power core again. Was pretty nice against thiefes hitting those 6k shroud 1.

> > Hit one, and they run from you. We'll. If you can hit them.

> >

> > And don't try to fight chronomancer that have shield equipped. They have way to much cc to lock you down and you don't have the dmg to kill them. (On condibuild)

>

> I find thieves easier too than SB! Reapers seem to work better at killing SB than core.

If you don't have a really high burst and can pull that burst 2 times you will automatically loose Vs spellbreakers.

And I only meant normal thiefes.

There are those super cancer thiefes that dodge 90% of the time with their staff and regular dodges, and for the rest of the time they run away so you will never ever hit them.

Don't know what anet thought while introducing this.

You can even dodge through a whole zerg while taking little to no dmg and dealing 5k+ hits.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> It's a simple no brains build for old folks like me that can't react fast and need more room for errors XD

These are the kinda builds why balance is broken. When it becomes Build > Skill. Your game has issues. Shame that Anet went with the casual player approach. Make lazy broken builds so anyone can win fights. Not saying you are one, though the build is rather cheese. Same goes for most Condi builds these days :(

Been playing around with a Spite/Blood Magic/Reaper Hybrid with SoV and managed to win against a Condi Berserker Warrior and killed a Scrapper Engineer that came in to help his friend. Was quite fun. Then you get the other side where i got jumped by a Deadeye thief that i couldnt even touch die to all the teleporting and stealth :/

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > It's a simple no brains build for old folks like me that can't react fast and need more room for errors XD

>

> These are the kinda builds why balance is broken. When it becomes Build > Skill. Your game has issues. Shame that Anet went with the casual player approach. Make lazy broken builds so anyone can win fights. Not saying you are one, though the build is rather cheese. Same goes for most Condi builds these days :(

>

> Been playing around with a Spite/Blood Magic/Reaper Hybrid with SoV and managed to win against a Condi Berserker Warrior and killed a Scrapper Engineer that came in to help his friend. Was quite fun. Then you get the other side where i got jumped by a Deadeye thief that i couldnt even touch die to all the teleporting and stealth :/

>

>

You mean like the 90% dodge uptime thief and rest 10% running/teleporting away?

It's really damn annoying. Anet making zero challenging pve content, and then make classes like spellbreaker and thief so freaking op in 1v1 fights, that almost everyone can play them and win fights, even though they don't have a clue what they are doing

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> You mean like the 90% dodge uptime thief and rest 10% running/teleporting away?

>

> It's really kitten annoying. Anet making zero challenging pve content, and then make classes like spellbreaker and thief so freaking op in 1v1 fights, that almost everyone can play them and win fights, even though they don't have a clue what they are doing

Don't forget the condi dodge spammers as well. They are a DELIGHT to "fight" and it barely scrapes being a fight. Its a tedious, tedious encounter. What i find odd, Necro has the MOST counters in the game. I would even argue they arent the best condition builds either. As every other condi build has more sustain, more defense, more mobility. Necro itself, what can it counter? Not much. yes it can punish Boon spammers but being very immobile, weak to sustain, weak to burst, weak to range, weak to kiting, weak to everything?

That is why i am enjoying my Reaper build. It is EASILY countered thanks to Anets VERY poor design but its still fun to play and when you win, you KNOW you won because you played better and you just have to shrug off most of the deaths because most of them could be played by dreadful players and still due to design of Necro they have the advantage all the time :/

> @"fost.9167" said:

> Most people probably see base necro and think a free kill. I enjoyed it, and im getting bored of scourge :p

That's exactly what happens.

I played a lot of zerg scourge. And I feel like a rusted robot on my reaper.

> @"fost.9167" said:

> Most people probably see base necro and think a free kill. I enjoyed it, and im getting bored of scourge :p

That isnt because of being base Necro. That is what being a Necro does. Weak against pretty much every aspect of combat - Mobility, CC, Sustain, Burst, Teleports, Blocks, Invuls. Weak to everything. Best at....Nothing!? I can't lie. When i see a Necro. No matter the spec. I am pretty confident that i can win. Know their weaknesses and they have a LOT of them. It is just too easy to hard counter Necro (any spec) with very effort.