[Suggestion] Horse Mount [merged]

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"AncientYs.8613" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > what if the horse mount has a speed ability, you can run allot faster for as long as your stamina is available.

> >

> > This is not botw though :/

>

> botw?

Zelda: breath of the wild.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> Theres "unoriginal" and then theres not even trying.... The reason you're getting so much push back, is because you're not even trying to put an interesting spin on the idea, and then further dismiss any desire for a creative touch. A high fantasy setting containing not only every major fantasy trope, but also subverts nearly all of them.... and you just stopped at "a Horse. Just a plain old regular horse".

>

> Now you know what would get a lot of discussion going? Reskin the Jackel with the Dreamer's Unicorn. Lets go down the list.....

> - In-game reference to a Legendary weapon

> - Is doubly unique in that Horses are "mythical" in Tyria, and the Unicorn is the ultimate evolution of that idea

> - The "suspension of disbelief" baggage that comes with Unicorns is a lot lower then with other Equines (ie we already accept it to be absurd)

> - It immediately answers the question of why it teleports (cuz "magic"), in a world where there is a fine line between magic and technology

> - It already provides the basis for visual effects it would use

> - Immediately raises the question of why don't have a Tiger mount with a "stealth" teleport effect, and a Pounce that just makes perfect sense for the Jackal's dismount.

> - People who roll Dreamer would be all over this, as would a lot of RP cosplayers

> - "Press Space to Dash"

> - Always, I wanna be with you. And make believe with you. And live in harmony, harmony oh love......

Super agree with you. But the song only works if the Unicorn is properly Robot too.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> I'd accept a mount version of this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Lunar_%22Horse%22

That awesome creation is not a mount. It is a playable race!

If it's a generally normal shaped horse... then Raptor would be the right mechanics, but like you guys mentioned, they'd have to mess with dimenions and models etc.

I don't see why they couldn't use it on a Jackal, and if not a horse, then as some other kind of fantasy horse-like animal.

To be fair we do have horse shaped creatures in GW2. We have the Unicorn finisher and Centaurs, so to say that horses don't fit the GW world, isn't 100% accurate.

I agree with what @starlinvf.1358 wrote.

> @"AncientYs.8613" said:

> Oh it's this dead horse again.. XD personally I am fine with the current mounts and I find horse mount to be too generic..

This game can use a healthy dose of "generic" these days. Putting too many different weird looking designs in the game that don't fit together nor fit the original design spirit of the game, only so kids would go "Cooooool!", isn't my understanding of good visual game design.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Horses don't really fit into GW2 esthetics

???

They are mentioned in various NPC dialogue, can be seen on official GW2 art, are mentioned in the novel(s). How do horses not fit on a rural map like Queensdale?

> so Anet will probably add horse skins eventually

Hopefully!

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > Horses don't really fit into GW2 esthetics

>

> ???

>

> They are mentioned in various NPC dialogue, can be seen on official GW2 art, are mentioned in the novel(s). How do horses not fit on a rural map like Queensdale?

>

> > so Anet will probably add horse skins eventually

>

> Hopefully!

somebody stole your idea, Asha. Can I call you like that? :D

> > Horses don't really fit into GW2 esthetics

>

> ???

>

> They are mentioned in various NPC dialogue, can be seen on official GW2 art, are mentioned in the novel(s). How do horses not fit on a rural map like Queensdale?

and they are most likely extinct

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, *NOT* the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

>

> But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts *do* something, what would a horse bring to the game?

Aren't the books canon. So that means horses exist. How about a unicorn. They are in the game as a wep and finisher. So let's ride them. I hope they fart rainbows.

> @"Karaha.3290" said:

> A horse as a Jackal skin, i don't see any problems there.

> It's four legged, they don't need more animation changes than reforged Warhound and Shrine Wolf, maybe it would be a bit boring for some ppl but thats it.

> I also like the Kirin idea.

One consideration though. They’ve either have to remove the ability to go through Sand Portals or change the lore so that both horses and the Sand Jackal can use Sand Portals.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > They are mentioned in various NPC dialogue, can be seen on official GW2 art, are mentioned in the novel(s). How do horses not fit on a rural map like Queensdale?

> and they are most likely extinct

People told you a dozen times by now that they are not, and why. Stop insinsting on something that has been refuted already. Stop ignoring the facts.

> > > They are mentioned in various NPC dialogue, can be seen on official GW2 art, are mentioned in the novel(s). How do horses not fit on a rural map like Queensdale?

> > and they are most likely extinct

>

> People told you a dozen times by now that they are not, and why. Stop insinsting on something that has been refuted already. Stop ignoring the facts.

Have you ever seen living horse in GW or GW2?

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, *NOT* the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

> >

> > But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts *do* something, what would a horse bring to the game?

>

> Aren't the books canon. So that means horses exist. How about a unicorn. They are in the game as a wep and finisher. So let's ride them. I hope they fart rainbows.

I think Matthew Medina posted recently that game takes priority over books and inividual stories when setting the canon.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > They are mentioned in various NPC dialogue, can be seen on official GW2 art, are mentioned in the novel(s). How do horses not fit on a rural map like Queensdale?

> > > and they are most likely extinct

> >

> > People told you a dozen times by now that they are not, and why. Stop insinsting on something that has been refuted already. Stop ignoring the facts.

>

> Have you ever seen living horse in GW or GW2?

Valid point.

Come to think of it, we've not even seen dead horses, have we? (Except for the ones being beaten here, ofc :# )

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > They are mentioned in various NPC dialogue, can be seen on official GW2 art, are mentioned in the novel(s). How do horses not fit on a rural map like Queensdale?

> > > > and they are most likely extinct

> > >

> > > People told you a dozen times by now that they are not, and why. Stop insinsting on something that has been refuted already. Stop ignoring the facts.

> >

> > Have you ever seen living horse in GW or GW2?

>

> Valid point.

> Come to think of it, we've not even seen dead horses, have we? (Except for the ones being beaten here, ofc :# )

We actually did, necrid horseman in gw1. Orrian undead which never appeared in GW2.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > They are mentioned in various NPC dialogue, can be seen on official GW2 art, are mentioned in the novel(s). How do horses not fit on a rural map like Queensdale?

> > > > > and they are most likely extinct

> > > >

> > > > People told you a dozen times by now that they are not, and why. Stop insinsting on something that has been refuted already. Stop ignoring the facts.

> > >

> > > Have you ever seen living horse in GW or GW2?

> >

> > Valid point.

> > Come to think of it, we've not even seen dead horses, have we? (Except for the ones being beaten here, ofc :# )

>

> We actually did, necrid horseman in gw1. Orrian undead which never appeared in GW2.

Damn me, you're right!

At least they were called horsemen...

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > They are mentioned in various NPC dialogue, can be seen on official GW2 art, are mentioned in the novel(s). How do horses not fit on a rural map like Queensdale?

> > > and they are most likely extinct

> >

> > People told you a dozen times by now that they are not, and why. Stop insinsting on something that has been refuted already. Stop ignoring the facts.

>

> Have you ever seen living horse in GW or GW2?

Only a "horse", not a horse. There is a difference, but the Skritt will probably tell you otherwise.

But again: We can ride a peacock mount now. When they can add a peacock, they can add a horse. There just needs to be enough paying demand for it. I don't need one. Personally I don't see a reason to ride a horse when I can ride a griffon!

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"GenghisKhan.7842" said:

> > Honestly, we really don't need a horse mount when most of us have already unlocked the super-convenient griffon anyway

>

> Pegasus skin for Griffy?

It will look stupid. Griffon doesn't run like horse, it runs like a big cat. And skins don't change base mount animations.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"GenghisKhan.7842" said:

> > > Honestly, we really don't need a horse mount when most of us have already unlocked the super-convenient griffon anyway

> >

> > Pegasus skin for Griffy?

>

> It will look stupid. Griffon doesn't run like horse, it runs like a big cat. And skins don't change base mount animations.

Sorry, I left off the [JOKE] icon.