My 3 Steps to fix Spellbreaker for PvE

Rettan.9603

1) Remove "Imminent Threat" (What is this thing?)

2) Remove "Magebane Tether" as trait and make it an utility skill.

3) Add an new Trait:

"Destruction of the not empowered"

Make 50% more damage against enemies without an boon. (10% in pvp)

(Maybe 30 or 40 percent will be enough in PvE.)

Discussion plz.

PS: "Fast Hands" for baseline!

> @Darkhydrox.8560 said:

> > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > Are you crazy? Magebane Tether is the one saving grace for PvE (if there is such a thing) that Spellbreaker has.

> >

> > Can I ask why? I don't PVE with warrior and I can't seem to see why magebane would be useful.

>

> It gives 24 stacks of might.

Oh! It applies it every second? Interesting.

> @kKagari.6804 said:

> > @Darkhydrox.8560 said:

> > > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > Are you crazy? Magebane Tether is the one saving grace for PvE (if there is such a thing) that Spellbreaker has.

> > >

> > > Can I ask why? I don't PVE with warrior and I can't seem to see why magebane would be useful.

> >

> > It gives 24 stacks of might.

>

> Oh! It applies it every second? Interesting.

It can also be used on break bars.

> @Rettan.9603 said:

> 1) Remove "Imminent Threat" (What is this thing?)

> 2) Remove "Magebane Tether" as trait and make it an utility skill.

> 3) Add an new Trait:

> "Destruction of the not empowered"

> Make 50% more damage against enemies without an boon. (10% in pvp)

> (Maybe 30 or 40 percent will be enough in PvE.)

>

> Discussion plz.

>

> PS: "Fast Hands" for baseline!

1) This is taunt, that makes enemies to attack you, 100% trigerring your counter..

2) No, no, no. Worst idea ever.

3) And no. Usually mobs dont have shit tons of boons, and triggering this op passive would be too easy. Btw u can use rune of spellbreaker for similar but weaker effect.

The problem is with overall warrior dps, with every weapon its kinda weak at pve, unless u go condi ps, but thats is zerker class, so ye, power builds needs a buff to keep with condi.

Spellbreaker needs or atleast I feel it needs the following:

1. A substantial overall damage increase to dagger related weapon skills.

2. Bring Disrupting Stab and Wastrel's Ruin into ONE dagger skill, where it is a defensive stance/posture and either will deliver a strong attack vs. non-skill users or interrupt skill users with a strong counter attack.

3. Transform Mage bane tether into a thrown dagger skill, when if successful will switch into a pull-back skill which ends with delivering a strong melee finisher. (The strength of the finisher will depend on how far your target was from you when you pulled them, meaning if they are at max range when pulled it will deal substantially more damage than if they where in your face.)

4. And finally, bring some balance between the nature of the spec for PvE/sPvP/WvW because as of right now, it feels very much like it's meant ONLY for playing vs. players and not mobs.

Thank you for your time.

Magebane Tether is by far the best thing Spellbreaker has going for it, and you guys want to make it weaker?

It 24 stacks of might for free every time the tether is applied (so long as its not activated)

Who in their right minds would not want a near constant supply of 720 Power and condition? that is 72% base power/condition boosted by itself!

Personally I'd prefer that the Magebane Tether trait makes Fears and Taunts apply Magebane Tether, in addition to the Burst Skill. This helps Fear Me (forces them into the pull) and Imminent Threat (if they port out of the taunt, get pulled) be more interesting.

Also heavy might production, of course. Maybe make it pulse a little slower in exchange for the increased sources and targets.

What is so bad about the elite spec being more designed for WvW/PvP? I mean, there are enough choices for warrior, like HoT elite. Try Renegade with bow in PvE, its useless. Same goes for Scourge which has its maximum potential in WvW. Look at the other classes first, after you felt left out.

Yeah leave tether alone, its the only good thing of the spec. What needs buffs/changes are the daggers and im not very fond of the traits in the first 6 choices. Grandmasters are good but tether kinda is better pick vs other two.

I wish our f1 skills on every weapon removed boons. Then you could have more synergy. As for daggers they have no identity. They are all over the place. Reflect, stun, random 4th skill, boon removal on burst which makes sense, 2 skill with random slow. It dont get what its trying to accomplish. The 3rd skill should have a 2nd part to it like someone suggested which should be the 4th skill.

Dagger 3: if you successfully daze or stun a target gain access to (current 4th dagger skill).

The new dagger 4 should be a ranged skill where you throw the dagger which inflicts slow.

Dagger two should lose slow and instead be a 600 range leap or even a 450 (remove the awful evi animation and give us sword 2 animation) that gives fury.

We cant do much on the fact that power wont work in pve. Condi is just too far ahead in pve. Power is lacking all around except for classes like holosmith, weaver, or dh. The only reason dh is viable is due to the amount of times the skills/traps hit and they cover an area with aoe. So im not sure what can be done to bring power warrior back in pve.

> @Aury.1367 said:

> What is so bad about the elite spec being more designed for WvW/PvP? I mean, there are enough choices for warrior, like HoT elite. Try Renegade with bow in PvE, its useless. Same goes for Scourge which has its maximum potential in WvW. Look at the other classes first, after you felt left out.

No other class got a spec that is so directly aimed towards PvP.

• 11 months later...

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> 1. These are bad ideas

> 2. How is Spellbreaker even needing a fix for PVE in the first place? How do these suggestions fix anything?

>

> The biggest complaint I have on SB is that Full Counter requires the anticipation of an attack to block. Otherwise, this spec is not hurting for PVE at all.

this thread is 1 year old m8

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > 1. These are bad ideas

> > 2. How is Spellbreaker even needing a fix for PVE in the first place? How do these suggestions fix anything?

> >

> > The biggest complaint I have on SB is that Full Counter requires the anticipation of an attack to block. Otherwise, this spec is not hurting for PVE at all.

>

> this thread is 1 year old m8

The forum necromancer is strong in this one.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @Aury.1367 said:

> > What is so bad about the elite spec being more designed for WvW/PvP? I mean, there are enough choices for warrior, like HoT elite. Try Renegade with bow in PvE, its useless. Same goes for Scourge which has its maximum potential in WvW. Look at the other classes first, after you felt left out.

>

> No other class got a spec that is so directly aimed towards PvP.

Really?.... (looks at Core Thief, Deadeye, Scrapper, Shiro, Dragonhunter, Scourge, Mirage) ..... can't think of even one other?

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @Aury.1367 said:

> > > What is so bad about the elite spec being more designed for WvW/PvP? I mean, there are enough choices for warrior, like HoT elite. Try Renegade with bow in PvE, its useless. Same goes for Scourge which has its maximum potential in WvW. Look at the other classes first, after you felt left out.

> >

> > No other class got a spec that is so directly aimed towards PvP.

>

> Really?.... (looks at Core Thief, Deadeye, Scrapper, Shiro, Dragonhunter, Scourge, Mirage) ..... can't think of even one other?

Lol, that comment is like a year old allot has changed since then. Also we know more about other classes than we did a year ago when PoF was coming out.