Gear decisions

That largely depends on which profession you're playing, and what PvE activities will you be focusing on.

If you already have a full set of Exotic Marauder gear, you can easily stick with that for most PvE content -- unless you feel like the extra health is completely going to waste and you really need the (little bit of) extra damage from Berserker stats.

When (if?) you're ready to make the jump to full Ascended gear and want to participate in raids or fractcals, then you'll want to do a little homework on the ideal stat set for your profession and build. In some cases, Ascended Berserker gear can raise your critical hit chance too high. You never want your fully-buffed (gear + traits + consumables + boons from other players, etc.) crit chance to go above 100%. If that ever happens, then you'll want to drop a few pieces down to Marauder or Valkyrie so that you're not wasting stats.

But if you're mainly doing open-world content and the occasional dungeon or lower-tier fractal, Exotic Marauder gear is totally fine and not worth upgrading.

(And to make things more complicated: if you're mixing any significant amount of condition-damage into your build, Viper or Grieving stats might be a better choice for your gear.)

> @"Maximus Delion.8719" said:

> That largely depends on which profession you're playing, and what PvE activities will you be focusing on.

>

> If you already have a full set of Exotic Marauder gear, you can easily stick with that for most PvE content -- unless you feel like the extra health is completely going to waste and you really need the (little bit of) extra damage from Berserker stats.

>

> When (if?) you're ready to make the jump to full Ascended gear and want to participate in raids or fractcals, then you'll want to do a little homework on the ideal stat set for your profession and build. In some cases, Ascended Berserker gear can raise your critical hit chance too high. You never want your fully-buffed (gear + traits + consumables + boons from other players, etc.) crit chance to go above 100%. If that ever happens, then you'll want to drop a few pieces down to Marauder or Valkyrie so that you're not wasting stats.

>

> But if you're mainly doing open-world content and the occasional dungeon or lower-tier fractal, Exotic Marauder gear is totally fine and not worth upgrading.

>

> (And to make things more complicated: if you're mixing any significant amount of condition-damage into your build, Viper or Grieving stats might be a better choice for your gear.)

im a staff ele

i want to eventually get into the fractals and such. its just a little overwhelming to get into that all at once. i will be doing ascended i think, just want to know which path is best to go down. will probably be sticking staff ele dps

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> Go with marauder or a mix of marauder and valkyrie. Ele doesn't have enough(none that I can find with a cursory look) +critical strike chance like Danger Time on chrono or Brutal Momentum for renegade

thats what i have now basically. marauder and valkryie. one berserker piece i believe. i need to get to learning all the infusion crap once i get going on fractals

thanks!

> @"XzionLegacy.7489" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > Go with marauder or a mix of marauder and valkyrie. Ele doesn't have enough(none that I can find with a cursory look) +critical strike chance like Danger Time on chrono or Brutal Momentum for renegade

>

> thats what i have now basically. marauder and valkryie. one berserker piece i believe. i need to get to learning all the infusion crap once i get going on fractals

> thanks!

Fractals 1-25 require no agony resistance. Full marauder can get you through T1 fractals easily, your dmg will be quite good as well. LEarn mechanics, and work your agony resistance, buy ascended rings with fractal relics. You will get through fractlas in no time. Learn how to do good dmg without dying.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"XzionLegacy.7489" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > Go with marauder or a mix of marauder and valkyrie. Ele doesn't have enough(none that I can find with a cursory look) +critical strike chance like Danger Time on chrono or Brutal Momentum for renegade

> >

> > thats what i have now basically. marauder and valkryie. one berserker piece i believe. i need to get to learning all the infusion crap once i get going on fractals

> > thanks!

>

> Fractals 1-25 require no agony resistance. Full marauder can get you through T1 fractals easily, your dmg will be quite good as well. LEarn mechanics, and work your agony resistance, buy ascended rings with fractal relics. You will get through fractlas in no time. Learn how to do good dmg without dying.

20-25 needs 8-17 AR although that can be mostly covered by Anguished Tear of Alba

Marauder should be fine until you go full ascended. I'd recommend a blend of maurauder and zerk for full damage ele since you can over shoot the crit chance cap easily with full zerk+buffs, and then the stats are wasted in that case. A little bit of defensiveness isn't a bad choice anyways, as you *can* do well without it, but the defensive stats widen the window for error a little while not sacrificing too much power.