Could we get a change to how being "in combat" is determined?

> @"keenedge.9675" said:

> They have recently changed the AI in my opinion so that stupid trash mobs will follow you for a long time only to finally turn and run as soon as you stop to whack them. They do this even if you have not hit them and the mob never hit you.

>

> I think it's more 'game lengthening' strategy used to combat the imbalance introduced by mounts. It was not like this before.

Yeah because the AI would just run into a wall forever without ever being able to attack you.. or stack up in a single spot to make killing them super easy. Good change they made.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I hate how suffering from a condition is defined as "in combat", even when there are no more enemies nearby. It makes mounting and waypoint-traveling a pain in the behind.

That's OK, in SWTOR, "a monster saw you" is enough to put you "in combat" even if it didn't touch you. In GW2, "it saw me, and then it threw something at me, but the thing it threw at me bounced of my aegis" is not enough to put me in combat.

you have it quite good, as a necro main just a minion being hit is enough for me to get into combat mode.

if anything, they should remove combat mode from minion battles unless you're also fighting, i can't even move 5 meters without a minion keeping me in combat.

I've been playing my reaper a lot lately, with rise and flesh golem and It feels inconsistent as to whether my minions put me in combat or not. Now if I take damage from or hit a mob myself and then decide to run from it, or I order my golem to charge, and then run from the mob it considers me in combat but sometimes I've finished the fight with the mob and my minions run off to engage another mob, start attacking it, and I can still mount. I'm not sure what's happening with that.

You know what's funny... people pre-launch were amazed at how fast you could run across the map, before Swiftness was even a thing. Then they sped up out-of-combat movement. Then, amidst player protests, they added mounts and ruined any semblance of exploration.

...and it's still not fast enough, apparently. What would you have them do? a drop menu? like some kitten browser game or Final Fantasy X?

A key/shortcut of 'target the monster that is aggroing me' could be nice. What I also find odd is that often I'm in combat, am just moving away (since I'm harvesting or something), and end up killing some random monster in front of me, that then removes the 'in combat' status. It's almost like the game will re-examine that status after you kill something.

Rangers with pets also have the same in combat problem as necros with minions. Often my pet runs off and does something, putting me in combat. At least with pets, you can control them to some limited extent.

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> You know what's funny... people pre-launch were amazed at how fast you could run across the map, before Swiftness was even a thing. Then they sped up out-of-combat movement. Then, amidst player protests, they added mounts and ruined any semblance of exploration.

>

> ...and it's still not fast enough, apparently. What would you have them do? a drop menu? like some kitten browser game or Final Fantasy X?

You're out to lunch dude. Prior to mounts GW2 had the slowest top speed of any MMO on the market. If waypoints were contested while a boss event was going on chances are you were just going to have to wait hours for that event to pop again. It led to playing by a freaking schedule rather than playing organically as intended. People were certainly not amazed at hoofing it. People were frustrated that if they died during an event and had to wp and run back that the event often was over before they got back, leading to dead people waiting for resses in mid combat instead, scaling up the event while they took a dirt nap saying "rez plz"