Please gut mesmer some more.

Kraitan.8476

> @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > @"Kicast.1459" said:

> > meanwhile 4 necros in every games is clearly the sign that mesmer is the problem.

>

> I don’t think anyone is happy with scourge either.

>

Honestly people will never be happy if their non-viable build gets obliterated by a competent player. I see far more FB+Scourge setups than Mirage Mesmers but Mesmers have been marked for death by players due to clones. But condi Mesmer, mainly on the Torch, is the biggest culprit for damage. Instead of 3x2 stacks of burning (traited), they can shave that to 2x2 stacks with a longer duration and that'll solve quite a bit regarding the damage output.

I'm kind of surprised ANet didn't even touch burning stacks with Mesmer when they did that condi pass a while back.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > @"Kicast.1459" said:

> > > meanwhile 4 necros in every games is clearly the sign that mesmer is the problem.

> >

> > I don’t think anyone is happy with scourge either.

> >

>

> Honestly people will never be happy if their non-viable build gets obliterated by a competent player. I see far more FB+Scourge setups than Mirage Mesmers but Mesmers have been marked for death by players due to clones. But condi Mesmer, mainly on the Torch, is the biggest culprit for damage. Instead of 3x2 stacks of burning (traited), they can shave that to 2x2 stacks with a longer duration and that'll solve quite a bit regarding the damage output.

>

> I'm kind of surprised ANet didn't even touch burning stacks with Mesmer when they did that condi pass a while back.

Yeah especially since they have been nerfing torch on ranger significantly to the point where (it already couldn't) it's completely unplayable in pvp. For some reason mesmer torch gets way more burnstacks, better cooldowns & big utility (daze + stealth)

> @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > @"Kicast.1459" said:

> > > > meanwhile 4 necros in every games is clearly the sign that mesmer is the problem.

> > >

> > > I don’t think anyone is happy with scourge either.

> > >

> >

> > Honestly people will never be happy if their non-viable build gets obliterated by a competent player. I see far more FB+Scourge setups than Mirage Mesmers but Mesmers have been marked for death by players due to clones. But condi Mesmer, mainly on the Torch, is the biggest culprit for damage. Instead of 3x2 stacks of burning (traited), they can shave that to 2x2 stacks with a longer duration and that'll solve quite a bit regarding the damage output.

> >

> > I'm kind of surprised ANet didn't even touch burning stacks with Mesmer when they did that condi pass a while back.

>

> Yeah especially since they have been nerfing torch on ranger significantly to the point where (it already couldn't) it's completely unplayable in pvp. For some reason mesmer torch gets way more burnstacks, better cooldowns & big utility (daze + stealth)

Ranger torch cds are 15/25 whereas Mesmers are 30/30.

Burnstacks are 10 potential stacks on Ranger vs. 10 potential stacks on Mesmer (if traited) otherwise 8. Explain how an equal amount of potential stacks is way more?

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > Title is pretty self explanatory. Think everyone except the mesmer mains can agree. It’s overplayed, WAY too forgiving making it an extremely easy class to do well on and still applies conditions like its a power burst.

>

> Mirage is currently being banned entirely in any/all tournaments being held. It's the first specialization as a whole, that is so overpowered, that organizers must omit it completely from any competitive play.

>

> Not much more needs to be said other than that.

>

Bloody hell man. This needs more attention. Step it up anet, it's common knowledge at this point and players are getting tired.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > > Title is pretty self explanatory. Think everyone except the mesmer mains can agree. It’s overplayed, WAY too forgiving making it an extremely easy class to do well on and still applies conditions like its a power burst.

> >

> > Mirage is currently being banned entirely in any/all tournaments being held. It's the first specialization as a whole, that is so overpowered, that organizers must omit it completely from any competitive play.

> >

> > Not much more needs to be said other than that.

> >

>

> Chrono was getting banned before Mirage. So your post isn't entirely accurate.

Chrono builds went through very very short phases of dotted bans from tournament, like in S1 when mantras had bugged CDs for awhile there, but for the most part, Chrono has spent high uptime being allowed in tournament. Mirage has literally been omitted from all tournament play since PoF arrived, and despite multiple patches since, it is still no where even near a state of balance.

And this is just talking about spvp. If you want to start talking about WvW, not only is the Mirage the dominant Roamer, but it also the one character that when about 3 or 4 are present, are capable of instantly teleporting Siege Golems across a map to another server's gates, pulling an enormous zerg behind them. I mean... come on... Mesmer builds, especially Mirages, are playing a different game than the other classes at this point.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > @"Kicast.1459" said:

> > > > > meanwhile 4 necros in every games is clearly the sign that mesmer is the problem.

> > > >

> > > > I don’t think anyone is happy with scourge either.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Honestly people will never be happy if their non-viable build gets obliterated by a competent player. I see far more FB+Scourge setups than Mirage Mesmers but Mesmers have been marked for death by players due to clones. But condi Mesmer, mainly on the Torch, is the biggest culprit for damage. Instead of 3x2 stacks of burning (traited), they can shave that to 2x2 stacks with a longer duration and that'll solve quite a bit regarding the damage output.

> > >

> > > I'm kind of surprised ANet didn't even touch burning stacks with Mesmer when they did that condi pass a while back.

> >

> > Yeah especially since they have been nerfing torch on ranger significantly to the point where (it already couldn't) it's completely unplayable in pvp. For some reason mesmer torch gets way more burnstacks, better cooldowns & big utility (daze + stealth)

>

> Ranger torch cds are 15/25 whereas Mesmers are 30/30.

> Burnstacks are 10 potential stacks on Ranger vs. 10 potential stacks on Mesmer (if traited) otherwise 8. Explain how an equal amount of potential stacks is way more?

Ok look at these two examples and tell me what you think is stronger:

A.

Damage: 330 (1.0) <- power coefficient

Stealth (3s): Invisible to foes.

Blindness (5s): Next outgoing attack misses.

Burning 3x (3s): 1179 Damage

Conditions Removed: 1

Number of Targets: 5

Radius: 240

Combo Finisher: Blast

Or option B.

Damage (projectile): 220 (0.666)

Burning 1x (10s): 1310 Damage

Range: 1,200

Option B used to be 2 stacks for 5 seconds, but that was changed because condition is supposed to be damage over time, not burst. Come on, this isnt even a competition.

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > > > Title is pretty self explanatory. Think everyone except the mesmer mains can agree. It’s overplayed, WAY too forgiving making it an extremely easy class to do well on and still applies conditions like its a power burst.

> > >

> > > Mirage is currently being banned entirely in any/all tournaments being held. It's the first specialization as a whole, that is so overpowered, that organizers must omit it completely from any competitive play.

> > >

> > > Not much more needs to be said other than that.

> > >

> >

> > Chrono was getting banned before Mirage. So your post isn't entirely accurate.

>

> Chrono builds went through very very short phases of dotted bans from tournament, like in S1 when mantras had bugged CDs for awhile there, but for the most part, Chrono has spent high uptime being allowed in tournament. Mirage has literally been omitted from all tournament play since PoF arrived, and despite multiple patches since, it is still no where even near a state of balance.

>

> And this is just talking about spvp. If you want to start talking about WvW, not only is the Mirage the dominant Roamer, but it also the one character that when about 3 or 4 are present, are capable of instantly teleporting Siege Golems across a map to another server's gates, pulling an enormous zerg behind them. I mean... come on... Mesmer builds, especially Mirages, are playing a different game than the other classes at this point.

Can you name these tournaments please? I was looking at the UGO rules and there’s nothing about not being allowed to play mirage, likewise last I saw mirage isn’t banned from automated tournaments, heck it’s isnt even played half the time compared to firebrand which is in every single group nearly.

I know mirage is banned from Mystic builds which while it is a tournament it’s also random builds and not meant to be taken seriously. There was that one tournament Roy was part of but that’s the only one I’ve really heard of.

> @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > @"Kicast.1459" said:

> > > > > > meanwhile 4 necros in every games is clearly the sign that mesmer is the problem.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don’t think anyone is happy with scourge either.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Honestly people will never be happy if their non-viable build gets obliterated by a competent player. I see far more FB+Scourge setups than Mirage Mesmers but Mesmers have been marked for death by players due to clones. But condi Mesmer, mainly on the Torch, is the biggest culprit for damage. Instead of 3x2 stacks of burning (traited), they can shave that to 2x2 stacks with a longer duration and that'll solve quite a bit regarding the damage output.

> > > >

> > > > I'm kind of surprised ANet didn't even touch burning stacks with Mesmer when they did that condi pass a while back.

> > >

> > > Yeah especially since they have been nerfing torch on ranger significantly to the point where (it already couldn't) it's completely unplayable in pvp. For some reason mesmer torch gets way more burnstacks, better cooldowns & big utility (daze + stealth)

> >

> > Ranger torch cds are 15/25 whereas Mesmers are 30/30.

> > Burnstacks are 10 potential stacks on Ranger vs. 10 potential stacks on Mesmer (if traited) otherwise 8. Explain how an equal amount of potential stacks is way more?

>

> Ok look at these two examples and tell me what you think is stronger:

> A.

> Damage: 330 (1.0) <- power coefficient

> Stealth (3s): Invisible to foes.

> Blindness (5s): Next outgoing attack misses.

> Burning 3x (3s): 1179 Damage

> Conditions Removed: 1

> Number of Targets: 5

> Radius: 240

> Combo Finisher: Blast

>

> Or option B.

> Damage (projectile): 220 (0.666)

> Burning 1x (10s): 1310 Damage

> Range: 1,200

>

> Option B used to be 2 stacks for 5 seconds, but that was changed because condition is supposed to be damage over time, not burst. Come on, this isnt even a competition.

One is ranged the other is nearly point blank. One gives your opponent about 1 second to react and the other gives 3. One can be used every 12(15) seconds and the other can only be used every 24(30). Now, considering that one has double the cooldown base and traited, requires you to get in range of your target to be effective and gives your opponent 3 seconds to react, it seems fine to me. Not that I care about appeasing you but I assume 2 stacks for 4.5 seconds would be fine?

You're comparing apples and oranges here.

> > > > Title is pretty self explanatory. Think everyone except the mesmer mains can agree. It’s overplayed, WAY too forgiving making it an extremely easy class to do well on and still applies conditions like its a power burst.

> > >

> > > Mirage is currently being banned entirely in any/all tournaments being held. It's the first specialization as a whole, that is so overpowered, that organizers must omit it completely from any competitive play.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Chrono was getting banned before Mirage. So your post isn't entirely accurate.

>

> Chrono builds went through very very short phases of dotted bans from tournament, like in S1 when mantras had bugged CDs for awhile there, but for the most part, Chrono has spent high uptime being allowed in tournament. Mirage has literally been omitted from all tournament play since PoF arrived, and despite multiple patches since, it is still no where even near a state of balance.

>

> And this is just talking about spvp. If you want to start talking about WvW, not only is the Mirage the dominant Roamer, but it also the one character that when about 3 or 4 are present, are capable of instantly teleporting Siege Golems across a map to another server's gates, pulling an enormous zerg behind them. I mean... come on... Mesmer builds, especially Mirages, are playing a different game than the other classes at this point.

Oh yeah, people who think Mirage is OP on sPvP have no idea of what his true power is till they set foot on WvW...a friend of my was playing yesterday his condi Mirage and was complaining about lagging really hard, but he was still able to kill people left and right without problem lol before anyone says anything, he is bronze tier on sPvP lol Mirage makes old PU condi Mesmer look like the most balanced build in the planet lol those were the days, when I used to get mad by perplex runes mesmers putting 10+ confusion stacks on me and now Mirage casually without a effort can keep 20+ haha and more torment, burn and all that good stuff.

> @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> Yeah because one of them dominates in pvp as a BURST build (not damage over time like intended) and the other is downright useless.

> Here's another example

> Ranger torch 5: 8 second firefield. Which means (feel like I gotta explain everything to you) that you put it down, the enemy sees it, and then you gotta hope they are kitten enough to sit in it for 8 seconds to get that full burn on them.

> Mesmer torch 5: 6 burnstacks, 3 confusion, daze, 1200 range

>

> Enough said.

>

> Anyway that's the last I'll reply to you. Some mesmers have gotten so used to playing a god tier class for so long that they've got no actual idea what they're talking about when it comes to balance. They just wanna stay OP. Also, changing 3x3s of burn to 2x4.5s would not fix it. 2x2.5s or 1x5s is more than enough to keep that skill (which also condi cleanses, is a blast finisher and stealth) in meta.

> Now if you are really ignorant enough to go on defending the state of mesmer torch, I ask you, go play ranger, take a torch, make a condi build (not even viable for ranger) and go into pvp. Then get back to me and tell me these abilities are balanced. Or don't, the amount of ignorance you display makes everything you say at this point kind of worthless.

Let's think of it logically which you're not great at.

Ranger Torch 5: Point Pressure, combo field which means potentially more burning

Mesmer Torch 5: Needs to be point blank for the first 3 burning stacks to actually hit so you noting the range is actually misleading and is coupled with the by and large most obvious Phantasm tell in the world, you get not one but two chances to completely nullify the damage here, you can dodge the summoning and delete the attack completely or dodge/kill the phantasm before it attacks.

At this point it seems like you're just incapable of dodging two of the most highly telegraphed effects in the game. And you keep throwing condi cleanse and blast finisher at me as if that's worth something. 1 condition cleanse is a pittance, especially on a 30 second cooldown and since when have blast finishers granted you a huge boon in PvP? Especially since the only possible field it would have to combo with that isn't reliant on a team mate would be Chaos Storm.

If anything it's Ranger torch that should be tuned up not Mesmer torch that should be tuned down. Compare Ranger torch to literally any other torch set on any other class and it looks underwhelming af. You're just directing some fairly understandable anger into a class that's just the punching bag for now.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

> > Yeah I have no kitten sympathy for mesmer players. Not advocating for an outright kitten gutting of the class. But kitten these stories about illulsionary rogue were kitten true. I just got out of unranked and took an kitten 11.5 illusionary rogue. I mean what the kitten man? Seriously, no downed skill should ever hit that hard ever. that's burst levels of damage. When you're downed, u are kitten downed. and fight for your survival u shouldn't have access that much kitten damage.

>

> Lol and there it is, a complaint about Mesmer down state. People have lost their minds.

He's not even wrong. Anet nerfed the damage on all of phantasms in the chrono build, except for the downstate. Now downstate is the most dangerous part of chrono, it can oneshot people who are below 50%.

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:

> > > Yeah I have no kitten sympathy for mesmer players. Not advocating for an outright kitten gutting of the class. But kitten these stories about illulsionary rogue were kitten true. I just got out of unranked and took an kitten 11.5 illusionary rogue. I mean what the kitten man? Seriously, no downed skill should ever hit that hard ever. that's burst levels of damage. When you're downed, u are kitten downed. and fight for your survival u shouldn't have access that much kitten damage.

> >

> > Lol and there it is, a complaint about Mesmer down state. People have lost their minds.

>

> He's not even wrong. Anet nerfed the damage on all of phantasms in the chrono build, except for the downstate. Now downstate is the most dangerous part of chrono, it can oneshot people who are below 50%.

By definition that's not a one shot.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

Where is Mirage banned? It's not banned in Mist Challengers as far as I know.

@"mortrialus.3062"

It has been banned in every other tournament that I know of, except Mist Challenger. They did actually ban Chronomancer at the time, but for whatever reason they chose to allow Mirage. Pretty sure these organizers are the only ones who have done that: http://massivelyop.com/2018/05/01/guild-wars-2-players-sponsor-2000-pvp-tournament-ban-chronomancer-spec/

> @"mortrialus.3062"

>

> It has been banned in every other tournament that I know of, except Mist Challenger. They did actually ban Chronomancer at the time, but for whatever reason they chose to allow Mirage. Pretty sure these organizers are the only ones who have done that: http://massivelyop.com/2018/05/01/guild-wars-2-players-sponsor-2000-pvp-tournament-ban-chronomancer-spec/

Mirages were in April's UGO.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062"

> >

> > It has been banned in every other tournament that I know of, except Mist Challenger. They did actually ban Chronomancer at the time, but for whatever reason they chose to allow Mirage. Pretty sure these organizers are the only ones who have done that: http://massivelyop.com/2018/05/01/guild-wars-2-players-sponsor-2000-pvp-tournament-ban-chronomancer-spec/

>

> Mirages were in April's UGO.

Guess I was wrong then. Not every tournament is banning them, only about half of them.

> > > @"mortrialus.3062"

> > >

> > > It has been banned in every other tournament that I know of, except Mist Challenger. They did actually ban Chronomancer at the time, but for whatever reason they chose to allow Mirage. Pretty sure these organizers are the only ones who have done that: http://massivelyop.com/2018/05/01/guild-wars-2-players-sponsor-2000-pvp-tournament-ban-chronomancer-spec/

> >

> > Mirages were in April's UGO.

>

> Guess I was wrong then. Not every tournament is banning them, only about half of them.

>

Which ones?

Seriously I’m curious because the only class I know of that was banned in anything that can be considered a tournament (as in has a monetary prize pool or unique prize) was chrono in mist challengers.

Edit: I’m all for nerfing things that are actually too strong either because they lack counter play or the counter play doesn’t balance out how strong the skill or mechanic is but this has to be based on some form of reasoning beyond mob mentality. It should ideally be thought about so that it targets the combination that is the problem rather than being a blanket nerf to everything like they illusionary warlock change.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> It's funny watching the same people who defended chrono, defend mirage in the exact same way.

>

> "Chrono doesn't need damage nerfs. It's telegraphed." - Mesmer mains

>

> -receives 50% damage nerfs-

>

> lel

Nobody said it needed the kind of overboard nerfs people like you suggest. Nerfs sure, your nerfs, good lord no.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > It's funny watching the same people who defended chrono, defend mirage in the exact same way.

> >

> > "Chrono doesn't need damage nerfs. It's telegraphed." - Mesmer mains

> >

> > -receives 50% damage nerfs-

> >

> > lel

>

> Nobody said it needed the kind of overboard nerfs people like you suggest. Nerfs sure, your nerfs, good lord no.

Which nerfs were I suggesting?

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > It's funny watching the same people who defended chrono, defend mirage in the exact same way.

> > >

> > > "Chrono doesn't need damage nerfs. It's telegraphed." - Mesmer mains

> > >

> > > -receives 50% damage nerfs-

> > >

> > > lel

> >

> > Nobody said it needed the kind of overboard nerfs people like you suggest. Nerfs sure, your nerfs, good lord no.

>

> Which nerfs were I suggesting?

My apologies, confusing you with someone else. You might actually be one of the more reasonable ones.

> It's funny watching the same people who defended chrono, defend mirage in the exact same way.

>

> "Chrono doesn't need damage nerfs. It's telegraphed." - Mesmer mains

>

> -receives 50% damage nerfs-

>

> lel

yeah after the nerf , the core problem remains , but you know chrono is now literally out of meta and pretty much dead , and few skills are back to trash tier .

sure mesmer main were wrong lol