k im done

> @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> Yes it's a common issue for some players, see this thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28354/storyline-disconnects/p2

>

> Performing these fixes (all 7 of them) fixed the problem for me:

> 1. Updated directx

> 2. Updated graphics card drivers

> 3. Ran a repair scan of GW2

> 4. Ran this line in admin command prompt: netsh winsock reset

> 5. Added -clientport 443 to the GW2 command line

> 6. Switched to "windowed fullscreen" rather than fullscreen

> 7. Edited my Windows host file with the following line: 127.0.0.1 assetcdn.102.arenanetworks.com assetcdn.103.arenanetworks.com

issue with the game buddy

The progress not saving is frustrating though. I remember during PoF the servers were a bit overloaded and people were losing an hours progress. Even PUBG has rejoin, and as much as I love the game, it is a bit buggy at times, but that works!

Honestly, since release, there has been a major issue with disconnecting or crashing (that is the games fault) out of a map or event, and not being able to get back in or rewarded for progress, stories too. And it is still apparent now. I had an internet problem (my end) last week right as the AB meta was successful, I came back to another map and no credit.

If there's any mission that could use being redone that's Victory or Death.

It could use checkpoints after boarding the first ship, after defeating the mouth, after boarding the second ship, and after Zhaitan goes down, then the actual fight against the downed Zhaitan, finishing what's left of him with our own skills, not pressing 1.

> @"Bish.8627" said:

> The progress not saving is frustrating though. I remember during PoF the servers were a bit overloaded and people were losing an hours progress. Even PUBG has rejoin, and as much as I love the game, it is a bit buggy at times, but that works!

>

> Honestly, since release, there has been a major issue with disconnecting or crashing (that is the games fault) out of a map or event, and not being able to get back in or rewarded for progress, stories too. And it is still apparent now. I had an internet problem (my end) last week right as the AB meta was successful, I came back to another map and no credit.

how long has this been going on for? why havnt they fixed it? i don't wanna give up easy because i like the game but is so fusterating to keep restarting misssions

In 5 years, other than during a new expansions open day, the only problems I had were due to my own connection, or settings.

I feel for the people who have these problems, especially with long storys.

Turns them away from a great game..

Hope you find a soloution.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> It's not an issue with your game but with your internet connection (and/or network settings).

It still doesn't excuse the fact that ANet doesn't build in enough check/savepoints in their story line. They KNOW that this can be a problem. Ditto with the ability to skip scenes and dialogue after you have seen it once. And one disconnect doesn't mean it is the players or setting at an inopportune time when it has never been an issue before. . (ie weather, power outage etc). Anet takes most of the hit on this imho.

> @"merkaveteran.8064" said:

> > @"Bish.8627" said:

> > The progress not saving is frustrating though. I remember during PoF the servers were a bit overloaded and people were losing an hours progress. Even PUBG has rejoin, and as much as I love the game, it is a bit buggy at times, but that works!

> >

> > Honestly, since release, there has been a major issue with disconnecting or crashing (that is the games fault) out of a map or event, and not being able to get back in or rewarded for progress, stories too. And it is still apparent now. I had an internet problem (my end) last week right as the AB meta was successful, I came back to another map and no credit.

>

> how long has this been going on for? why havnt they fixed it? i don't wanna give up easy because i like the game but is so fusterating to keep restarting misssions

I'm guessing there are technical issues behind it as it has been complained about. Honestly though the game is still worth playing, it is one small negative in a sea of positives. I have stopped playing and come back over and over and by now I accept I won't ever fully quit this game because its so accessible. Just this week I jumped on and tried Ishtan and before I knew it, it was 1 am and I didn't want to stop.

> @"ReV.6097" said:

> In 5 years, other than during a new expansions open day, the only problems I had were due to my own connection, or settings.

> I feel for the people who have these problems, especially with long storys.

> Turns them away from a great game..

>

> Hope you find a soloution.

indeed its very offputting im literally bothered to reattempt a mission that ive allread dced on 3 times now and considering its a very long episode is it even worth my time? has this been a on going issue do you know? they should fix it because its game breaker for me or for the very least make dam checkpoints!

> > @"Bish.8627" said:

> > The progress not saving is frustrating though. I remember during PoF the servers were a bit overloaded and people were losing an hours progress. Even PUBG has rejoin, and as much as I love the game, it is a bit buggy at times, but that works!

> >

> > Honestly, since release, there has been a major issue with disconnecting or crashing (that is the games fault) out of a map or event, and not being able to get back in or rewarded for progress, stories too. And it is still apparent now. I had an internet problem (my end) last week right as the AB meta was successful, I came back to another map and no credit.

>

> how long has this been going on for? why havnt they fixed it? i don't wanna give up easy because i like the game but is so fusterating to keep restarting misssions

You can read the Dev response(s) here, in this thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/463808#Comment_463808

(Use 'Next ArenaNet post' to jump to next Dev response.)

Some players have success with either minimizing the client during cut-scenes, or using a VPN.

Good luck.

> > @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > Yes it's a common issue for some players, see this thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28354/storyline-disconnects/p2

> >

> > Performing these fixes (all 7 of them) fixed the problem for me:

> > 1. Updated directx

> > 2. Updated graphics card drivers

> > 3. Ran a repair scan of GW2

> > 4. Ran this line in admin command prompt: netsh winsock reset

> > 5. Added -clientport 443 to the GW2 command line

> > 6. Switched to "windowed fullscreen" rather than fullscreen

> > 7. Edited my Windows host file with the following line: 127.0.0.1 assetcdn.102.arenanetworks.com assetcdn.103.arenanetworks.com

>

>

>

> issue with the game buddy

Apparently you don't understand that all those fixes listed by Gateless have absolutely nothing to do with the game...every one of those fixes(with the exception of running the repair scan) have to do with network/isp routings...which ArenaNet has no control over. Those command line prompts he used are specific settings to help your computer deal with this issue...and the reason I'm telling you it's not the game is because if it was the game then more people would have the problem. The fact that it doesn't affect everyone tells you that it's out of ArenaNets control.

As for having more checkpoints in story instances, the vast majority of story instances aren't long enough to need a checkpoint...and to implement it in older content would require to much work...it has been instituted in some of the newer stories, but I really don't see the problem with starting over, personally.

> they should fix it because its game breaker for me or for the very least make dam checkpoints!

They do have checkpoints in the more recent stories. I doubt they'll ever add them to the older ones however, or add the ability to reconnect since it seems like instancing is a black box to them.

Disconnecting is of course always going to be a problem for some problem. Repeatable disconnections only in the story and at specific points however has generally been a hardware or ISP related problem. Some people have found that it was caused by their routers for example, or that switching connections/ISPs solved the problem. Using a VPN seems to fix it for most.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> It's not an issue with your game but with your internet connection (and/or network settings).

This. I also used to have the same problem, always dc from story during dialogues. Then last August I moved and ended up with a different ISP and the disconnections (+the ping spikes) stopped completely. I can do story missions on patch day, go afk for 10 minutes and my character is still there. I had ZERO disconnections since I switched to the new ISP. I didn't even know my old connection was crap because I'm just an average user. I should have asked for an expert's help to optimize my settings.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> Apparently you don't understand that all those fixes listed by Gateless have absolutely nothing to do with the game...every one of those fixes(with the exception of running the repair scan) have to do with network/isp routings...which ArenaNet has no control over. Those command line prompts he used are specific settings to help your computer deal with this issue...and the reason I'm telling you it's not the game is because if it was the game then more people would have the problem. The fact that it doesn't affect everyone tells you that it's out of ArenaNets control.

>

> As for having more checkpoints in story instances, the vast majority of story instances aren't long enough to need a checkpoint...and to implement it in older content would require to much work...it has been instituted in some of the newer stories, but I really don't see the problem with starting over, personally.

1. Just because you're changing local settings doesn't mean the game is faultless -- no other game I play experiences these kinds of disconnects. If GW2 runs its instance servers in a way that leads to disconnects on certain common network configurations, that's a problem with the game, not those common network configurations.

2. You believe that if a bug "doesn't affect everyone," then it's not a bug? Very interesting mindset

3. How do you know how many people are experiencing this problem? I see guildies complaining about it on a semi-frequent basis, and when researching fixes, found long threads dating back more than a year.

4. You don't see the problem with wasting an hour of a player's time? And doing so multiple times as the player -- possibly a new player weighing whether to invest time into this game -- works their way through personal story? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willful_blindness

the desync became more common after the introduction of (badly configured)amazon servers near the launch of PoF... it feel like instance hosted on 5x.x.x.x server are more stable while the 3x.x.x.x tend to be more prone to desync. but i have no engineering data to prove this as this is only based on my own experience and there are zillions of variables on the internet... your mileage may varies....

> > @"Bish.8627" said:

> >

>

It's been going on for a small percentage of the people, for a while now. But it hasn't affect me, and it's affected very very few people in my guild of 400. And I'm not sure the problem isn't some incompatibility on their side. It's not easy to fix something that might have different causes on different systems.

To put it another way, I've done every story in the game multiple times on different characters. I think I've been kicked twice. That's over 5.5 years.