Builds for Revenant that is working?

> @"Malpractice.7850" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > I've also seen Jalis/Shiro work, and I personally run Condi Mallyx/Glint.

> >

> > Both of those are beyond bad.

> >

>

> Very informative and Helpful for new players. Thanks for the great input.

Revenant is unplayable without the Glint heal, so Jalis/Shiro combo is out of the question to begin with. Jalis is easily the worst revenant legend in pvP (not counting the new elite spec), it just doesn't do anything useful, bad damage bad sustain bad everything.

Mallyx/Glint damage is very easily avoidable and has worse sustain than Shiro/Glint.

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > I've also seen Jalis/Shiro work, and I personally run Condi Mallyx/Glint.

> >

> > Both of those are beyond bad.

> >

>

> Very informative and Helpful for new players. Thanks for the great input.

Why don't you literally make a revenant and play a single game with each of the builds and see why?

I like your snark at the guy trying to help you lol

Metabattle.com /thread

Sw/Sw and Staff Power Herald is probally the best atm (I use Marauder stats). For utility/tank, you can change offhand sword for a shield, but you lose a lot of damage.

Actually you can play Mace/Sword and Sword/Shield for a more agressive playstile. You have acess to all 5 swords habilities, but you cant block walking (staff 3) and lose a powerful cc/evade skill (staff 5).

Add me in game if you wanna talk about it!

> @"hauteclaire.4327" said:

> Sw/Sw and Staff Power Herald is probally the best atm (I use Marauder stats). For utility/tank, you can change offhand sword for a shield, but you lose a lot of damage.

> Actually you can play Mace/Sword and Sword/Shield for a more agressive playstile. You have acess to all 5 swords habilities, but you cant block walking (staff 3) and lose a powerful cc/evade skill (staff 5).

> Add me in game if you wanna talk about it!

Shield gets too easily countered by Full Counter, Necros, Thieves, Prime Light Beam, etc. Offhand sword is practically mandatory now because of the burst damage

from sword 4 and option for repositioning with sword 5.

Even if you drop either Devastation or Invocation for Retribution to try to be tankier, your build will not have enough damage from my experience. Revenant is kind of glass cannon or nothing right now.

Please don't tell me you actually play Marauder Mace >_> staff is too good for CC, damage (somewhat) and survivability. It has 1 block/blind (one of the lowest CD blocks in the game), 1 evade/multiple CC, and the only condition clearing weapon skill that revenant has.

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"hauteclaire.4327" said:

> > Sw/Sw and Staff Power Herald is probally the best atm (I use Marauder stats). For utility/tank, you can change offhand sword for a shield, but you lose a lot of damage.

> > Actually you can play Mace/Sword and Sword/Shield for a more agressive playstile. You have acess to all 5 swords habilities, but you cant block walking (staff 3) and lose a powerful cc/evade skill (staff 5).

> > Add me in game if you wanna talk about it!

>

> Shield gets too easily countered by Full Counter, Necros, Thieves, Prime Light Beam, etc. Offhand sword is practically mandatory now because of the burst damage

> from sword 4 and option for repositioning with sword 5.

>

> Even if you drop either Devastation or Invocation for Retribution to try to be tankier, your build will not have enough damage from my experience. Revenant is kind of glass cannon or nothing right now.

>

> Please don't tell me you actually play Marauder Mace >_> staff is too good for CC, damage (somewhat) and survivability. It has 1 block/blind (one of the lowest CD blocks in the game), 1 evade/multiple CC, and the only condition clearing weapon skill that revenant has.

>

>

Thats why I press "B" before match starts lol

Im not a pro xxx high level player, most of my matches are Normal Games and I play this for fun, so yes, I play with mace xD

Oh, I didnt told to anyone that mace is better than staff :D

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> > @"Malpractice.7850" said:

> > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > I've also seen Jalis/Shiro work, and I personally run Condi Mallyx/Glint.

> > >

> > > Both of those are beyond bad.

> > >

> >

> > Very informative and Helpful for new players. Thanks for the great input.

>

> Revenant is unplayable without the Glint heal, so Jalis/Shiro combo is out of the question to begin with. Jalis is easily the worst revenant legend in pvP (not counting the new elite spec), it just doesn't do anything useful, bad damage bad sustain bad everything.

>

> Mallyx/Glint damage is very easily avoidable and has worse sustain than Shiro/Glint.

I'd disagree on both accounts, but I'm not going to do build breakdowns on them both here. If you are interested I can try it on you in a duel room/the arena. I've had some reasonable matches vs builds using those legend combinations. They're weird, but they have some success.

> Newer player who is having a lot of fun on revenant in pve, and I would love to make it work better in pvp, but I seem to be lacking compared to many other builds/classes i've tried

> Any advice on rev builds?

There:

https://www.godsofpvp.net/builds/revenant

People are not trying to troll you, Revenant at the moment is balanced around that ome build. Nobody's stopping you from playing other things, but for being competitive you realistically have a single option that's miles better than others.

Revenant is viable an on par with others, but tolerates no mistakes which is why new players tend to struggle with it. Double if majority of your game experience so far comes from pve - it's good to know all meta builds as revenant to know not to dive into difficult engagements.

There are 3 builds that can potentially get you over 1500 rating in sPvP for Rev. Only one is really viable.

_Viable/ META -_

Shiro/Glint : https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Power_Shiro

This is pretty much what everyone uses and is extremely good in the hands of a skilled player. An entire 10 page essay could be written on the ins and out of playing power shiro. The TL;DR version is: Get to know other classes and how they work, learn the roles of both side noding and team fighting, Shiro is both your escape and engage, Be conservative with infused light / only use it if you absolutely must, learn when to use sword 4/5 combo, cleave instead of stomp.

_Builds that can work but aren't viable-_

Mallyx/Glint: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Condition_Mallyx

Condition mallyx used to be considered a top build now it just falls short of Shiro/Glint. Note that this build is very outdated and it may be better to use dev/invoke instead of retribution. It has good AoE damage and exceptional boon removal, but no where near as much mobility and sustain that Shiro provides making it sub-par.

Shiro/Jalis: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Revenant_-_Charged_Mists_Jalis

This is the only renegade build that will not cause you to instantly die in PvP. It has a lot of lifesteal from maintaining jalis hammers with devestation, and I actually recommend playing this with Paladins instead of Marauder like the person who posted that build suggests. The problem with the build is it's just flatly underpowered. You are working extra hard for something that Shiro Herald gives you for free.

**TL;DR play power shiro Herald.**

Power Glint/Shiro Marauder/Berserker. Marauder is recommended for newbies and can hit very hard, but berserker can hit extremely hard given the crit chance will essentially be maxed out constantly. You may need to take Rune of Exuberance to not only grant extra HP but provide extra precision (~4-5% of crit chance) leaving you at around 90.0% crit chance versus marauder's ~95%.

Glint/Shiro offers boon sharing (permanent swiftness when going mid) as well as 25 Might stacks (if taking Incensed Response) and a ton of other boons. You get CC, aoe damage, knockback, damage-to-healing conversion, two stun breaks, stealth reveal, immob removal and a huge backstep, aoe stun, two engages, and a ton of damage.

You may be wondering my Revenant is said to be in a rough spot.

A big reason is there are many, many bad traits and legends. Build diversity in PVP is very bad for Revenant simply because most of the builds are underpowered. Additionally, the class lacks reliable condition cleanse. I feel like the legend system is flawed because they're pre-packaged utilities that can have terrible options, while having some useful skills. Not a good mix. It's like taking the worst, underused utilities of your classes along with taking the best, meta utilities. That's Rev.

Although Glint/Shiro has many evades and blocks and mobility options, it can be pressured hard enough to wipe by just one attack. If a scourge corrupts all of your boons in an instant, and your Glint heal is on CD or Glint is on CD then you're as good as dead. The only condition cleanse utility is on Ventari tablet which is never taken because of the damage loss. It used to be taken for its elite skill's crazy knockbacks, but that's been nerfed.