Can I get some help??

DaLup.2913

This is some bullshit, people laugh at me for playing staff ele, talk all this trash about how I cant contribute to the team, and I'm a free kill and all this other trash. People are so quick to blame all of their teammates for being "shitty teammates" instead of looking at themselves. The amount of downs I had in this game was unreal, only to watch the other team rez a solid 60-70% of them and have my teammates not stomping or cleaving. The two deaths I had were in 1v1 situations, that i could of won had i not missed some bursts, but still. I definitely contributed my fair share.

https://imgur.com/05KCrGJ

> @"DaLup.2913" said:

> This is some kitten, people laugh at me for playing staff ele, talk all this trash about how I cant contribute to the team, and I'm a free kill and all this other trash. People are so quick to blame all of their teammates for being "kitten teammates" instead of looking at themselves. The amount of downs I had in this game was unreal, only to watch the other team rez a solid 60-70% of them and have my teammates not stomping or cleaving. The two deaths I had were in 1v1 situations, that i could of won had i not missed some bursts, but still. I definitely contributed my fair share.

The problem with the staff is that it's a support weapon and only a support weapon. It's a weapon that you can't fight other players due to how slow it is. Also, in higher divisions you tend to get focused because they know that you can heal them and you don't have anything to defend yourself with other than Arcane Shield. There's a reason why sw/d Weaver or sc/f core elementalist, Weaver has evasion for survivability and core elementalist uses the focus because of Obsidian Flesh.

I understand that the elementalists' staff seems like a neat support weapon and it is. Even without healing power it can heal teammates by a lot. But at the end of the day, if you want to be an effective support elementalist, one that is capable of supporting allies while being able to fight foes, the Tempest is the better option.

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > @"DaLup.2913" said:

> > This is some kitten, people laugh at me for playing staff ele, talk all this trash about how I cant contribute to the team, and I'm a free kill and all this other trash. People are so quick to blame all of their teammates for being "kitten teammates" instead of looking at themselves. The amount of downs I had in this game was unreal, only to watch the other team rez a solid 60-70% of them and have my teammates not stomping or cleaving. The two deaths I had were in 1v1 situations, that i could of won had i not missed some bursts, but still. I definitely contributed my fair share.

>

> The problem with the staff is that it's a support weapon and only a support weapon. It's a weapon that you can't fight other players due to how slow it is. Also, in higher divisions you tend to get focused because they know that you can heal them and you don't have anything to defend yourself with other than Arcane Shield. There's a reason why sw/d Weaver or sc/f core elementalist, Weaver has evasion for survivability and core elementalist uses the focus because of Obsidian Flesh.

>

> I understand that the elementalists' staff seems like a neat support weapon and it is. Even without healing power it can heal teammates by a lot. But at the end of the day, if you want to be an effective support elementalist, one that is capable of supporting allies while being able to fight foes, the Tempest is the better option.

I disagree, as my 1 million damage speaks for itself. The staff is so much more than a support weapon.

> @"DaLup.2913" said:

>

>

> > @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > > @"DaLup.2913" said:

> > > This is some kitten, people laugh at me for playing staff ele, talk all this trash about how I cant contribute to the team, and I'm a free kill and all this other trash. People are so quick to blame all of their teammates for being "kitten teammates" instead of looking at themselves. The amount of downs I had in this game was unreal, only to watch the other team rez a solid 60-70% of them and have my teammates not stomping or cleaving. The two deaths I had were in 1v1 situations, that i could of won had i not missed some bursts, but still. I definitely contributed my fair share.

> >

> > The problem with the staff is that it's a support weapon and only a support weapon. It's a weapon that you can't fight other players due to how slow it is. Also, in higher divisions you tend to get focused because they know that you can heal them and you don't have anything to defend yourself with other than Arcane Shield. There's a reason why sw/d Weaver or sc/f core elementalist, Weaver has evasion for survivability and core elementalist uses the focus because of Obsidian Flesh.

> >

> > I understand that the elementalists' staff seems like a neat support weapon and it is. Even without healing power it can heal teammates by a lot. But at the end of the day, if you want to be an effective support elementalist, one that is capable of supporting allies while being able to fight foes, the Tempest is the better option.

>

> I disagree, as my 1 million damage speaks for itself. The staff is so much more than a support weapon.

1. You didn’t do a lot of damage. Only 31% of team. That happens quite often with a damage oriented spec. 40-60% and you’re talking. The circumstances of this match allowed many people on your team to do high damage.

2. Only 13 kills. Your damage spam is not deadly.

Looking at the statistics break down, you were able to AOE free cast and nobody bothered to attacking you. Decent players would have taken you out pretty quick. Your numbers wouldn’t be that high.

2 deaths on staff in 15 minutes? yeah right, I see why you think it's good

Nobody was targeting you. The moment a rev, thief, or mesmer decides to camp the staff ele it's game over from him, better stay in spawn at that point. Staff is too glassy and without the burst to actually fend off attackers.

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > @"DaLup.2913" said:

> >

> >

> > > @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > > > @"DaLup.2913" said:

> > > > This is some kitten, people laugh at me for playing staff ele, talk all this trash about how I cant contribute to the team, and I'm a free kill and all this other trash. People are so quick to blame all of their teammates for being "kitten teammates" instead of looking at themselves. The amount of downs I had in this game was unreal, only to watch the other team rez a solid 60-70% of them and have my teammates not stomping or cleaving. The two deaths I had were in 1v1 situations, that i could of won had i not missed some bursts, but still. I definitely contributed my fair share.

> > >

> > > The problem with the staff is that it's a support weapon and only a support weapon. It's a weapon that you can't fight other players due to how slow it is. Also, in higher divisions you tend to get focused because they know that you can heal them and you don't have anything to defend yourself with other than Arcane Shield. There's a reason why sw/d Weaver or sc/f core elementalist, Weaver has evasion for survivability and core elementalist uses the focus because of Obsidian Flesh.

> > >

> > > I understand that the elementalists' staff seems like a neat support weapon and it is. Even without healing power it can heal teammates by a lot. But at the end of the day, if you want to be an effective support elementalist, one that is capable of supporting allies while being able to fight foes, the Tempest is the better option.

> >

> > I disagree, as my 1 million damage speaks for itself. The staff is so much more than a support weapon.

>

> 1. You didn’t do a lot of damage. Only 31% of team. That happens quite often with a damage oriented spec. 40-60% and you’re talking. The circumstances of this match allowed many people on your team to do high damage.

>

> 2. Only 13 kills. Your damage spam is not deadly.

>

>

> Looking at the statistics break down, you were able to AOE free cast and nobody bothered to attacking you. Decent players would have taken you out pretty quick. Your numbers wouldn’t be that high.

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> 2 deaths on staff in 15 minutes? yeah right, I see why you think it's good

>

> Nobody was targeting you. The moment a rev, thief, or mesmer decides to camp the staff ele it's game over from him, better stay in spawn at that point. Staff is too glassy and without the burst to actually fend off attackers.

no point in arguing, you guys have no idea how i play. see you guys in the arena :)

Funny thing is, foefire is a pretty bad map for staff ele because of the huge mid point. So keep playing staff if you have fun with it and don't worry too much. It can be really successfull against randoms.

These guys here are right though, you probably won't be able to compete at the top with such a build - with the exception of weird matchups. But there are far more important things than that.

> @"DaLup.2913" said:

> > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > @"DaLup.2913" said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > > > > @"DaLup.2913" said:

> > > > > This is some kitten, people laugh at me for playing staff ele, talk all this trash about how I cant contribute to the team, and I'm a free kill and all this other trash. People are so quick to blame all of their teammates for being "kitten teammates" instead of looking at themselves. The amount of downs I had in this game was unreal, only to watch the other team rez a solid 60-70% of them and have my teammates not stomping or cleaving. The two deaths I had were in 1v1 situations, that i could of won had i not missed some bursts, but still. I definitely contributed my fair share.

> > > >

> > > > The problem with the staff is that it's a support weapon and only a support weapon. It's a weapon that you can't fight other players due to how slow it is. Also, in higher divisions you tend to get focused because they know that you can heal them and you don't have anything to defend yourself with other than Arcane Shield. There's a reason why sw/d Weaver or sc/f core elementalist, Weaver has evasion for survivability and core elementalist uses the focus because of Obsidian Flesh.

> > > >

> > > > I understand that the elementalists' staff seems like a neat support weapon and it is. Even without healing power it can heal teammates by a lot. But at the end of the day, if you want to be an effective support elementalist, one that is capable of supporting allies while being able to fight foes, the Tempest is the better option.

> > >

> > > I disagree, as my 1 million damage speaks for itself. The staff is so much more than a support weapon.

> >

> > 1. You didn’t do a lot of damage. Only 31% of team. That happens quite often with a damage oriented spec. 40-60% and you’re talking. The circumstances of this match allowed many people on your team to do high damage.

> >

> > 2. Only 13 kills. Your damage spam is not deadly.

> >

> >

> > Looking at the statistics break down, you were able to AOE free cast and nobody bothered to attacking you. Decent players would have taken you out pretty quick. Your numbers wouldn’t be that high.

>

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > 2 deaths on staff in 15 minutes? yeah right, I see why you think it's good

> >

> > Nobody was targeting you. The moment a rev, thief, or mesmer decides to camp the staff ele it's game over from him, better stay in spawn at that point. Staff is too glassy and without the burst to actually fend off attackers.

>

> no point in arguing, you guys have no idea how i play. see you guys in the arena :)

This game lasted until timer hit, on foe fire of all maps...

You did 1 mill damage and didn't even have the most kills on your own team.

You won't see me in the arena. The game won't match me with you.

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> Funny thing is, foefire is a pretty bad map for staff ele because of the huge mid point. So keep playing staff if you have fun with it and don't worry too much. It can be really successfull against randoms.

>

> These guys here are right though, you probably won't be able to compete at the top with such a build - with the exception of weird matchups. But there are far more important things than that.

Agreed, I'm not a top tier player, I usually sit between gold 2 and plat 1. i realize the build needs more sustain to play at the top, but the top is so broken i could care less if i ever make it there. 90% of the people who see this and comment wont ever make it there either lol. Everyone wants to be meta and use meta builds, but play like they're in bronze. Yeah foefire is definitely not a map choice when i play staff ele, but I'm used to the map and know where to go and how to play it fairly well. And like i mentioned in the op, i had an unreal amount of downs, my teammates just couldn't finish. Thats why we ended up losing.

You ask for help and then refuse to accept the help you get.

I know it sucks, but sadly in this game you can't make up for the difference in weapon abilities with raw skill. It's simply a fact that staff is best in backlines where they can't get focused while supporting and unloading damage from max range.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> You ask for help and then refuse to accept the help you get.

>

> I know it sucks, but sadly in this game you can't make up for the difference in weapon abilities with raw skill. It's simply a fact that staff is best in backlines where they can't get focused while supporting and unloading damage from max range.

You misunderstood, i wanted help from my teammates, my back hurts from carrying them in that match. I felt like Lebron James in the finals this year. yes i agree, i am very good at backlining and positioning, and all that jazz. i have the basics down with some decent skill, i don't suffer from many of the problems that have been listed above, which is why i still play the build. My burst is enough to take out most other glass cannon builds within seconds same as they can kill me. But at the same time, not many people play staff in pvp, so they arent ready for my setups, ccs, stun breaks, and bursts which gives me the upper hand. If i was a trash player like some of the above theory warriors make me out to be, i would not be able to put out that much damage with only 2 sloppy deaths. If the build was bad and i wasn't contributing, i simply would not play it. Its not right to the other people on the team, however that is not the case with me.

> @"DaLup.2913" said:

> > @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> > I mean i know its pride month and all but online validation only goes so far.

>

> cool story bro

I'd say keep using staff....

I used staff a lot and still do, with a good amount of practice I know that 1v1's and 1v2's are possible and you can contribute a lot to the team in the form of AoE pressure and a good amount of soft CC.

Only thing constructive that I can point out is that a million damage is NOT a good thing, this indicates you had extremely prolonged battles. An effective player will kill quickly and take the node, will usually result in having roughly 180-250k damage by end game too.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"DaLup.2913" said:

> > > @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> > > I mean i know its pride month and all but online validation only goes so far.

> >

> > cool story bro

>

> I'd say keep using staff....

>

> I used staff a lot and still do, with a good amount of practice I know that 1v1's and 1v2's are possible and you can contribute a lot to the team in the form of AoE pressure and a good amount of soft CC.

>

> Only thing constructive that I can point out is that a million damage is NOT a good thing, this indicates you had extremely prolonged battles. An effective player will kill quickly and take the node, will usually result in having roughly 180-250k damage by end game too.

yeah i agree 1v1, and 1v2s are possible. im doing well with the 1v1s, hit and miss with the 2v1s. depends more on my cooldowns and skill level of the other players. The fights were quick, my team just couldn't finish. like i said, we constantly got downs, but no finishes. the other team rezzed each other and beat us in most team fights. as far as the capping went, no one really stayed on point for either team so there were constant decaps which made the game take longer

> @"Les.4872" said:

> I don't know what build this guy is running but wasnt there a staff ele build used in UGO or Mist Challengers? Support bruiser tempest or something. Half decent build from what i heard.

You're right - but that was a meme build. It was a mender's staff rezz build, absolutely unviable in proper play and without organised teams. They had a very bunkerish team, that is why it kind of worked out - and in the game they won, their enemies also had an ele and also a weird setup. ;)