Most OP(Over powered) class in game?

aimz.6287

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mesmer was the first 80, at first I couldn't stop playing it because it was like the god toons that devs and mods pull out in other games to mess around with the players. I stopped playing mine because it was like the god toons that devs and mods pull out in other games.... got a little boring, and this was before the last buff. I still pull him out every once and a wile because I like watching him pop 5 mobs in 3 seconds.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> LOL buncha mes qq. guard hands down. has always had good pve dps, must have (repeat MUST HAVE) in wvw since the dawn of time, and has been in pretty much every single meta team in pvp.

just because its needed because of the boons it can pump out doesnt mean its op, its just that hes the only one that can do it, and those boons are the only way to stay alive with the power creep thats going on, its not fault of the guard, hes just the only one that can provide what is needed

and mesmer is pretty much needed in any other gamemode aswell, even in zergs mesmer is somewhat needed, even if it was just for the veil, in roaming mesmer is alot stronger than guard

For WvW, one would think the Ele (my main) would be ranked higher based on the number of skill + wpn combos available; however, it's simply the case that the primary problem with the Ele mechanics is the conceptual approach to harnessing the elements and using the elements. The GW1 skills from Nightfall and Factions had much more "OP-ability" (remember "Searing Flames"?). In GW2, the Ele feels more like trying to play a warrior with elements instead of standard weapons (and with much less armor).

If a WvW squad were spec'd out like the Hero tab, the Ele would fill one of the accessory slots or off-hand weapon slot at best >_>

Mesmer is clearly the answer...

In PvP it's been very strong since Mirage, Chrono was still relevant.

In WvW it's also a very utilitarian class, and the burst potential is carried on from PvP.

In Instanced content, Chronomancer is one of the staple, nearly mandatory classes used across the board for it's support potential, and both Chrono and Mirage can be used for top-tier DPS.

In open world it's the most utilitarian class, being used constantly to skip content in Jumping Puzzles, it's only problem is a relatively weak AoE potential, but that's overcome by it's evasion and massive single-target damage.

You can't escape Mesmer basically.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > LOL buncha mes qq. guard hands down. has always had good pve dps, must have (repeat MUST HAVE) in wvw since the dawn of time, and has been in pretty much every single meta team in pvp.

>

> just because its needed because of the boons it can pump out doesnt mean its op, its just that hes the only one that can do it, and those boons are the only way to stay alive with the power creep thats going on, its not fault of the guard, hes just the only one that can provide what is needed

>

> and mesmer is pretty much needed in any other gamemode aswell, even in zergs mesmer is somewhat needed, even if it was just for the veil, in roaming mesmer is alot stronger than guard

lol... just because of the boons. right. what about the insane heals / condi clears / reflects / overall tankiness. they are the linchpin in zergs. in roaming, guard counters mes lol. mes may be stronger overall but its kinda funny you bring that up. so mes beats guard in roaming, which isnt even a game mode, and guard wins pretty much everywhere else.

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > LOL buncha mes qq. guard hands down. has always had good pve dps, must have (repeat MUST HAVE) in wvw since the dawn of time, and has been in pretty much every single meta team in pvp.

> >

> > just because its needed because of the boons it can pump out doesnt mean its op, its just that hes the only one that can do it, and those boons are the only way to stay alive with the power creep thats going on, its not fault of the guard, hes just the only one that can provide what is needed

> >

> > and mesmer is pretty much needed in any other gamemode aswell, even in zergs mesmer is somewhat needed, even if it was just for the veil, in roaming mesmer is alot stronger than guard

>

> lol... just because of the boons. right. what about the insane heals / condi clears / reflects / overall tankiness. they are the linchpin in zergs. in roaming, guard counters mes lol. mes may be stronger overall but its kinda funny you bring that up. so mes beats guard in roaming, which isnt even a game mode, and guard wins pretty much everywhere else.

Can't tell if trolling because you don't want mesmer nerfed or just a bad mesmer player. Outside if WvW Chronomancer is the most wanted support class, period, and Mirage is like thief but better. Guardian doesn't really push into any other profession's territory in such a direct way. Sure Guardian is good but not OP good. Mesmer can just do some of everything.

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > LOL buncha mes qq. guard hands down. has always had good pve dps, must have (repeat MUST HAVE) in wvw since the dawn of time, and has been in pretty much every single meta team in pvp.

> > >

> > > just because its needed because of the boons it can pump out doesnt mean its op, its just that hes the only one that can do it, and those boons are the only way to stay alive with the power creep thats going on, its not fault of the guard, hes just the only one that can provide what is needed

> > >

> > > and mesmer is pretty much needed in any other gamemode aswell, even in zergs mesmer is somewhat needed, even if it was just for the veil, in roaming mesmer is alot stronger than guard

> >

> > lol... just because of the boons. right. what about the insane heals / condi clears / reflects / overall tankiness. they are the linchpin in zergs. in roaming, guard counters mes lol. mes may be stronger overall but its kinda funny you bring that up. so mes beats guard in roaming, which isnt even a game mode, and guard wins pretty much everywhere else.

>

> Can't tell if trolling because you don't want mesmer nerfed or just a bad mesmer player. Outside if WvW Chronomancer is the most wanted support class, period, and Mirage is like thief but better. Guardian doesn't really push into any other profession's territory in such a direct way. Sure Guardian is good but not OP good. Mesmer can just do some of everything.

so by outside of wvw you mean pve. ok.

you guys dont get it. guard in wvw and arguably in pvp as well, has been MANDATORY. has always had a spot in pve as far as i can tell. ok mes is really good support in pve, fine. mandatory in pvp? maybe, but just because of portal. in wvw? no.

this thread is about overall OPness not your tears or one thing or another, look at the big picture.

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > LOL buncha mes qq. guard hands down. has always had good pve dps, must have (repeat MUST HAVE) in wvw since the dawn of time, and has been in pretty much every single meta team in pvp.

> > > >

> > > > just because its needed because of the boons it can pump out doesnt mean its op, its just that hes the only one that can do it, and those boons are the only way to stay alive with the power creep thats going on, its not fault of the guard, hes just the only one that can provide what is needed

> > > >

> > > > and mesmer is pretty much needed in any other gamemode aswell, even in zergs mesmer is somewhat needed, even if it was just for the veil, in roaming mesmer is alot stronger than guard

> > >

> > > lol... just because of the boons. right. what about the insane heals / condi clears / reflects / overall tankiness. they are the linchpin in zergs. in roaming, guard counters mes lol. mes may be stronger overall but its kinda funny you bring that up. so mes beats guard in roaming, which isnt even a game mode, and guard wins pretty much everywhere else.

> >

> > Can't tell if trolling because you don't want mesmer nerfed or just a bad mesmer player. Outside if WvW Chronomancer is the most wanted support class, period, and Mirage is like thief but better. Guardian doesn't really push into any other profession's territory in such a direct way. Sure Guardian is good but not OP good. Mesmer can just do some of everything.

>

> so by outside of wvw you mean pve. ok.

> you guys dont get it. guard in wvw and arguably in pvp as well, has been MANDATORY. has always had a spot in pve as far as i can tell. ok mes is really good support in pve, fine. mandatory in pvp? maybe, but just because of portal. in wvw? no.

> this thread is about overall OPness not your tears or one thing or another, look at the big picture.

You're the one not looking at the big picture though, one is good in 1-2 game modes, the other is in -all- modes. Even by your own description as flawed as it is it makes a better case for Mesmer being OP than Guardian. It's not some fluke that almost everyone voted mesmer. What makes you think you know better than everyone?

Mesmer.

Game balance is actually a joke right now. I'm betting 75% of the dev team main mesmers, and the marketing team wants to keep them OP because their theme/visuals are unique to GW2.

Best tank: Mesmer

Best support: Mesmer

Best sPVP class: Mesmer

Most wanted fractal class: Mesmer

Both condi and power specs achieving 35k DPS: Mesmer

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > LOL buncha mes qq. guard hands down. has always had good pve dps, must have (repeat MUST HAVE) in wvw since the dawn of time, and has been in pretty much every single meta team in pvp.

> > > > >

> > > > > just because its needed because of the boons it can pump out doesnt mean its op, its just that hes the only one that can do it, and those boons are the only way to stay alive with the power creep thats going on, its not fault of the guard, hes just the only one that can provide what is needed

> > > > >

> > > > > and mesmer is pretty much needed in any other gamemode aswell, even in zergs mesmer is somewhat needed, even if it was just for the veil, in roaming mesmer is alot stronger than guard

> > > >

> > > > lol... just because of the boons. right. what about the insane heals / condi clears / reflects / overall tankiness. they are the linchpin in zergs. in roaming, guard counters mes lol. mes may be stronger overall but its kinda funny you bring that up. so mes beats guard in roaming, which isnt even a game mode, and guard wins pretty much everywhere else.

> > >

> > > Can't tell if trolling because you don't want mesmer nerfed or just a bad mesmer player. Outside if WvW Chronomancer is the most wanted support class, period, and Mirage is like thief but better. Guardian doesn't really push into any other profession's territory in such a direct way. Sure Guardian is good but not OP good. Mesmer can just do some of everything.

> >

> > so by outside of wvw you mean pve. ok.

> > you guys dont get it. guard in wvw and arguably in pvp as well, has been MANDATORY. has always had a spot in pve as far as i can tell. ok mes is really good support in pve, fine. mandatory in pvp? maybe, but just because of portal. in wvw? no.

> > this thread is about overall OPness not your tears or one thing or another, look at the big picture.

>

> You're the one not looking at the big picture though, one is good in 1-2 game modes, the other is in -all- modes. Even by your own description as flawed as it is it makes a better case for Mesmer being OP than Guardian. It's not some fluke that almost everyone voted mesmer. What makes you think you know better than everyone?

1-2? lol what are you talking about. core, dh, and fb have good builds in all game modes. can mes say the same? no.

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> Mesmer used to be my main/favorite profession, but it no longer resembles what I started playing 5+ years ago. It's all spammy and twitchy now like some kind of magic-based thief.

I love the way mirage plays. Twitchy magic based thief sounds like a great description of them. They do need some nerfs, of course. I just hope they can maintain the feel of it, because it's one of the most enjoyable styles I've tried in an mmo.

My god that distribution of the poll is just..wow!

I really think they need to do a massive re-balance patch.. look at what skills could do around 2-3 years ago, and rebalance..well, everything. i know it wont happen..but it would be beneficial.