is Sandswept a dead map now?

Pretty much. The occasional group does the meta event(s) but it's been a while since I've seen a whole squad.

The map just isn't very rewarding. I'm not sure if they ever changed the ambush rate, but bounties are Joko attacks 70% of the time, the meta events aren't very rewarding and kinda boring honestly. The map also causes lag for many people.. it's just extremely underwhelming.

Know that large wyvern that seems to be this HUGE event? Well, you can comfortably solo that thing without ever getting hit and it drops you 1 rare item. Great. You could have killed any random champion that spawned in an event to get that.

I didn't expect Istan 2.0 farming but the map plain blows.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I have no issues finding a bounty team or any group stuff in that map

It's usually busy enough when I visit in the evening US time. I don't think it will ever be fully dead, because the ascended bags (> 20 slot) require account-bound items available only from the zohaquan meta, which means that there will pretty much always be at least some people wanting to run the thing -- at least until they provide another source of them.

Which, personally, I wouldn't expect until post-next-xpac, in a year or two at minimum.

I spent quite a number of hours there this week. As long as I popped a tag and called out stuff in map chat, I always had enough people to do events. You don't need six million people on a map, but the map is by no means dead. And I'm not on on US prime time since I'm in Australia.

The map is still plenty active. I don't check the LFG very much, but whenever I'm there, people are doing things all the time and the metas are done as well. I don't know about the "bounties are Joko" thing, but I don't remember ever seeing it happen to a bounty I went after. Loading times are fine for me as well.