TRAILER IS HERE!!! SPOILER ALERT NEW MOUNT

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> Yay, looks like probably more Inquest fun ahead, too. ^^ The new mount looks....interesting. Very interesting. Hope it isn't too expensive to acquire.

Expense? Bah! TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

My question is what will be required to get it. Since they did not list a new mastery I assume this is it rather than 'just complete the story and defeat Joko by yourself with both hands tied behind your back'.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> There's no reason especially in GW 2 story logic why they couldn't have found a way for us to deal with Kralkatorrik, and to use these LW episodes to carry it out.

They (ANet) probably have. It has been heavily implied that Aurene is destined to take the place of an Elder Dragon. I would assume that means ANet has some story framework in mind and a pace they want to reveal it. Not that they're above missing the mark on their story objectives, of course.

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Looks good. As long as we aren't actually taking on Joko himself yet. It's too early

>

> "_too early_"? This plot detour should have been handled in the last episode. It's time to get back to the actual story with Kralkatorrik.

Yeah but the actual story isn't with Krakaltorik, it was with Balthazar, now it's on tying up loose ends after dealing with him Joko is the most threatening of those right now.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > Looks good. As long as we aren't actually taking on Joko himself yet. It's too early

> >

> > "_too early_"? This plot detour should have been handled in the last episode. It's time to get back to the actual story with Kralkatorrik.

>

> Yeah but the actual story isn't with Krakaltorik, it was with Balthazar, now it's on tying up loose ends after dealing with him Joko is the most threatening of those right now.

The story detoured with Balthazar but still connected the elder dragons, therefore moving the main story along. This Joko subplot does not need 3 or more LW episodes to complete. This is what story stretching and filler is. A common technique used for the purpose of compensation. However, the title does make it seem like it may end here, hopefully.

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > @"JDub.1530" said:

> > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > Looks good. As long as we aren't actually taking on Joko himself yet. It's too early

> > >

> > > "_too early_"? This plot detour should have been handled in the last episode. It's time to get back to the actual story with Kralkatorrik.

> >

> > Is it a detour? Sure Kralk is a threat, but it's not one we even know how to deal with at this point.

>

> It certainly is to the main storyline. Taimi pulls answers out of nowhere to massive issues we've had just episodes ago all the time. There's no reason especially in GW 2 story logic why they couldn't have found a way for us to deal with Kralkatorrik, and to use these LW episodes to carry it out. Instead, we are STILL wasting time with the dead in the desert.

>

> > Meanwhile we slighted Joko and stole his army. He's mad at us and running around with a deadly bioweapon.

>

> Sounds like a great fractal or dungeon story. Not a LW episode. And yes, just my opinion. If you like the story direction, then this should be very exciting for you.

>

But the answer to Kralk is Aurene, who stands no chance as of right now. We have to wait until she gets even bigger and stronger (she's bigger again in the trailer) before we can even think about dealing with him. Joko is the threat right now, Kralk just sits in some new crater he just made and chills pretty much, We already know that his weakness is his own body, the resonance that can be created and that Aurene basically doubles as the weapon against him because of that too.

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > Looks good. As long as we aren't actually taking on Joko himself yet. It's too early

> > >

> > > "_too early_"? This plot detour should have been handled in the last episode. It's time to get back to the actual story with Kralkatorrik.

> >

> > Yeah but the actual story isn't with Krakaltorik, it was with Balthazar, now it's on tying up loose ends after dealing with him Joko is the most threatening of those right now.

>

> The story detoured with Balthazar but still connected the elder dragons, therefore moving the main story along. This Joko subplot does not need 3 or more LW episodes to complete. This is what story stretching and filler is. A common technique used for the purpose of compensation. However, the title does make it seem like it may end here, hopefully.

That's fair enough, on the other hand I don't like it when they rush to the conclusion and finish off a plot line too quickly, like they did with Lazarus.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Kralk just sits in some new crater he just made and chills pretty much

While I'm inclined to agree, Kralk also just sucked up a god. It may not be clear yet how much of that could change its behavior. Make it more active. IIRC Amnoon did suffer a pretty hefty Branded attack shortly thereafter.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > @"JDub.1530" said:

> > > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > Looks good. As long as we aren't actually taking on Joko himself yet. It's too early

> > > >

> > > > "_too early_"? This plot detour should have been handled in the last episode. It's time to get back to the actual story with Kralkatorrik.

> > >

> > > Is it a detour? Sure Kralk is a threat, but it's not one we even know how to deal with at this point.

> >

> > It certainly is to the main storyline. Taimi pulls answers out of nowhere to massive issues we've had just episodes ago all the time. There's no reason especially in GW 2 story logic why they couldn't have found a way for us to deal with Kralkatorrik, and to use these LW episodes to carry it out. Instead, we are STILL wasting time with the dead in the desert.

> >

> > > Meanwhile we slighted Joko and stole his army. He's mad at us and running around with a deadly bioweapon.

> >

> > Sounds like a great fractal or dungeon story. Not a LW episode. And yes, just my opinion. If you like the story direction, then this should be very exciting for you.

> >

>

> But the answer to Kralk is Aurene, who stands no chance as of right now. We have to wait until she gets even bigger and stronger (she's bigger again in the trailer) before we can even think about dealing with him. Joko is the threat right now, Kralk just sits in some new crater he just made and chills pretty much, We already know that his weakness is his own body, the resonance that can be created and that Aurene basically doubles as the weapon against him because of that too.

If they end the Joko plot here and focus on Aurene and carrying out a strategy for Kralk for the next episodes it would be great. That time dealing with Joko can give background time for Aurene to grow and Tyria's heroes to carry out their plan. They should always connect these plots to the main story and seeing Aurene in the trailer gives the possibility that they may do that in this episode.

Anyone else noticed that these announcements in the trailer look kind of mesmer-ish? (Lyssa coming maybe?) Since I cannot tell what else would that point at... Some illusion maybe. Either that, or it has something to do with Kralky, so maybe he'll play a role there as well...

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > > Looks good. As long as we aren't actually taking on Joko himself yet. It's too early

> > > >

> > > > "_too early_"? This plot detour should have been handled in the last episode. It's time to get back to the actual story with Kralkatorrik.

> > >

> > > Yeah but the actual story isn't with Krakaltorik, it was with Balthazar, now it's on tying up loose ends after dealing with him Joko is the most threatening of those right now.

> >

> > The story detoured with Balthazar but still connected the elder dragons, therefore moving the main story along. This Joko subplot does not need 3 or more LW episodes to complete. This is what story stretching and filler is. A common technique used for the purpose of compensation. However, the title does make it seem like it may end here, hopefully.

>

> That's fair enough, on the other hand I don't like it when they rush to the conclusion and finish off a plot line too quickly, like they did with Lazarus.

If a plot line is completed well, in a way that satisfies what it started and weaves together with the other plot lines, even ending it soon can work. All they really have to do is connect his plot to the dragons and Tyria's races in an integral way. Then that plot would have more relevance instead of something we just have to deal with while other things come to fruition in the background. If Joko dies here, let his death have some kind of repercussion or meaning that effects the commander, the team, and the world.

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> I feel a tad disappointed because it has a tech-bike attached to it.

Oh, it's a tech-bike! thanks for clearing that up for me, I actually thought things have got pretty bad for the commander being stuck to some beetle waste.

Other than Joko's lines and manor are literally pulled from Beetlejuice, it looks interesting. Not sure what the new mount will do? Hope they put enough Mastery Points in the new zone for the mount, not really wanting to have to go hunting for more points since there's a bunch of achieves I haven't done.

Hoping Taimi gets a chance to be with us in the field instead of just at base, maybe she can get some revenge on Joko in the process that would make the story soo worth it. Holosmith stuff for her would be an amazing addition.