TRAILER IS HERE!!! SPOILER ALERT NEW MOUNT

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921" said:

> Hoping Taimi gets a chance to be with us in the field instead of just at base, maybe she can get some revenge on Joko in the process that would make the story soo worth it. Holosmith stuff for her would be an amazing addition.

After what happened in Episode 1, Taimi should have some pretty severe PTSD. I would find it more realistic if she were pathologically afraid of the prospect of facing Joko again. I think there's some interesting writing that could be done around that. Maybe make up for the fact that she went from an exuberant, know-it-all with a physical disability, to do-anything Taimi ex Machina.

> @"JDub.1530" said:

> After what happened in Episode 1, Taimi should have some pretty severe PTSD. I would find it more realistic if she were pathologically afraid of the prospect of facing Joko again. I think there's some interesting writing that could be done around that. Maybe make up for the fact that she went from an exuberant, know-it-all with a physical disability, to do-anything Taimi ex Machina.

I don't like the idea that she can't overcome the danger she faced over an episode ago. That would make her regress as a character since she already had a close call in the previous LWS3. She shouldn't fall back into a previous story arc, that would make her less of a character. I would prefer her to advance to Holosmith, to advance from needing a golem to protect her. She's a character that gets left behind far too often in the stories, she's better than always being a NPC demoted to exposition.

> @"Manpag.6421" said:

> Most notably, won't this be the first mount available to non-PoF accounts? Since everyone can play Living World episodes, looks like people with core accounts can now get a mount.

Actually, nope, you will need the expansion to access the LW contents

My second account have core only, dont have access of any LW contents, comes up with the notification "Purchase PoF to access this story" for every past LW releases

Whatever.. stopped caring after 2 yrs of inventory wars 2, no matter how many dying world seasons or ridiculous glowy mounts they put in.. can't bare to see anymore globby gloop, broken lockpicks, minor sigils and runes and countless of other trash you need to sort everywhere you go, sick of it.

> @"Tranc.6780" said:

> I'm not a fan of the tone of Joko. It seems like they're trying to channel the Joker again, just like Scarlet. It makes it hard to take him or the story seriously.

And the very specific Joker, I might add. I like creators being inspired by Mark Hamill and Batman TAS but hmm... I hope it's not too much, so Joko feels like original character, not a copycat.

Also, Joko's laughter at the end sounded almost like Mad King Thorn.

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> Actually, nope, you will need the expansion to access the LW contents

> My second account have core only, dont have access of any LW contents, comes up with the notification "Purchase PoF to access this story" for every past LW releases

Ah, fair enough. I didn't know because a) I have both expansions and b) I rarely play Living World content unless there's something I _really_ want from it. I shall be playing this to unlock the mount!

> @"Forgotten Legend.9281" said:

> hmmmmm

>

> so i wonder if the RollerBeetle mount will be a Crystal Champion Mastery, or if it will have it's own RollerBeetle Mastery category...

That is what I was wondering. Previously there has only been one new mastery per story in the season's track. I suppose they could go with a new track if they really wanted to do so but then you have to deal with needing much more insights and XP.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> >

> > Also, Joko's laughter at the end sounded almost like Mad King Thorn.

>

> Hmmmm, wasn't there some kind of debate earlier on about whether it was really Joko or someone impersonating him?

There's also a discussion about adding high elves.

Both are onesided

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> >

> > Also, Joko's laughter at the end sounded almost like Mad King Thorn.

>

> Hmmmm, wasn't there some kind of debate earlier on about whether it was really Joko or someone impersonating him?

I'm not buying into this theory. I'm not saying Joko = Thorn, just pointing out they really sound alike.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> I can not believe nobody has pointed out we do not actually see his face if we want to debate who it is, all shots are from behind or the speaker is off-camera.

Several ppl have pointed it out. Several ppl have also said that this is most likely because the mocap for the face haven't been finalised.